Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port (11448 Views)

How To Calculate Total Cost Of Clearing Vehicles - The E-valuation Way / Just Cleared From Tincan Island Is Tokunbo 2016 RX350 For 13.5M, Awoof / Clearing Your Goods At The Nigerian Port Made Easier...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by owo4mii(m): 4:19pm On Oct 27, 2020
Hero10001:

A friend said Customs will don't Honda EOD and it's like cos they consider them old cars.
How true is that pls?

I may agreed partially, but it depends
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by Hero10001: 6:05pm On Oct 27, 2020
owo4mii:

I may agreed partially, but it depends
Sorry for the typho. glad you understood tho.
Thank you
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by IFEBARBIE: 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2020
Good day bro. I've been going through all your works and it's commendable I must say. How much can you help me clear. Baba, money no too dey o. So consider your boy small for discount. Thanks
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by owo4mii(m): 10:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
IFEBARBIE:
Good day bro. I've been going through all your works and it's commendable I must say. How much can you help me clear a Camry 2010. Baba, money no too dey o. So consider your boy small for discount. Thanks

#850K

You can reach me on Whatsapp
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2020
IFEBARBIE:
Good day bro. I've been going through all your works and it's commendable I must say. How much can you help me clear a Camry 2010. Baba, money no too dey o. So consider your boy small for discount. Thanks

Thanks sir, N650,000 will clear it

Based on my calculation, i got N687,054 as the clearing fee but for the discount request, i've removed something for u

1 Like

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by castins(m): 11:03pm On Nov 01, 2020
Very well explained, i love this. people like this should be patronized, when next i have a business at the ports, u will surely here from me.
kaysy:
In this thread we will be treating the total cost of clearing cars at the Tincan Island Port via RORO or Containerized.

Example of how to calculate the Import Duty of your car, lets say Toyota Corolla 2004.

SOLUTION
The CIF Value of Toyota Corolla 2004 is $2194. Please note that this CIF Value is usually in USD and the exchange rate the NCS uses at the moment is N326. The Rate of Duty for Vehicles is currently 35% of CIF Value.

So lets convert the CIF Value to Naira, $2194 X 326 = N715,244
Lets get the 35% of N715,244. Which is N715,244 X 0.35 = N250,335.4
Now N250,335.4 is your Import duty which is called the surface value.
To get the total amount u are to pay including VAT, Surcharge & ETLS, we have to multiply our surface value with a constant value of 1.28
So N250,335.4 X 1.38 = N345,462.85 This is your total import duty

Clearing Agent Fee is below N100,000 and its opened for negotiations.

Shipping company / Terminal Fee, budget between N60,000 to N80,000 (Estimate)

To know the clearing cost of other vehicles, just ask me for the CIF value of the car and i'll respond with it then u can do the calculation yourself or i can do the calculation and give u the final vlaue in Naira if u want me to.

Visit our office at Tincan Island with your Bill of Lading lets start the process and clear your car today. Call: 0 8 0 2 4 1 0 2 5 5 4.

We'll strongly recommend u visit our office in person or send someone to come and see exactly how everything is being done from office to office, once the car has been cleared and released from terminal, we hand it over to u.

1 Like

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by Samconcepts(m): 4:09am On Nov 07, 2020
kaysy:

Thanks sir, N650,000 will clear it

Based on my calculation, i got N687,054 as the clearing fee but for the discount request, i've removed something for u

I also have a Camry 2010 arriving soon just waiting for the bill of lading. Are you very sure 650k will clear it without any issues of underpayment? I really need to know coz I've had such ugly experience with some agents and it wasn't funny at all. I'll be traveling to all the way to PH with it and it's gonna be on the road steadily for interstate journeys. Please I need to be very much assured coz my situation is same with the other guy. Country hard u know
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by Samconcepts(m): 4:12am On Nov 07, 2020
owo4mii:

#850K

You can reach me on Whatsapp

How did you arrive at this?
That's way too much naa
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 7:21am On Nov 07, 2020
Samconcepts:

I also have a Camry 2010 arriving soon just waiting for the bill of lading. Are you very sure 650k will clear it without any issues of underpayment? I really need to know coz I've had such ugly experience with some agents and it wasn't funny at all. I'll be traveling to all the way to PH with it and it's gonna be on the road steadily for interstate journeys. Please I need to be very much assured coz my situation is same with the other guy. Country hard u know

Am sure it will clear it, we see these things everyday. $2,375 is the normal CIF Value for a 2010 model vehicle
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by owo4mii(m): 9:07am On Nov 07, 2020
Samconcepts:

That's way too much naa

Duty is #553,000 in Naira
Total duty is #763, 139.99
Running #150, 000

But, i can get a subsidies duty that;s why i cut the expenses and clearing to #850, 000.
Pls you can verify yourself.

Chat me up on whatsapp or preferable a phone call.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by owo4mii(m): 9:40am On Nov 07, 2020
Samconcepts:

Pls do your investigation well, i will advise you reach out to more on the price because of the interstate.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 10:23am On Nov 07, 2020
owo4mii:

Duty is #553,000 in Naira
Total duty is #763, 139.99
Running #150, 000

But, i can get a subsidies duty that;s why i cut the expenses and clearing to #850, 000.
Pls you can verify yourself.

Chat me up on whatsapp or preferable a phone call.

Let me assume am an importer that just brought in a Toyota Camry 2010. Please give me the CIF Value for this car, i already know the Duty rate is 35%. VAT is (1.38 X Surface Duty). Lets take Shipping company Fee, Agent Fee, Releasing & Gate Fee = N250,000.

All i just need from u is the CIF Value for that car, i'll compute the rest and add up where necessary.

You people should stop charging people exorbitantly naaa, we are all in this country together, things are hard, if u make like N50,000 to N100,000 or anything similar for clearing a car, that should be enough for u, not until u charge the hell outta this importers, remember they are also selling these cars to make profit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by IFEBARBIE: 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2020
kaysy:

Let me assume am an importer that just brought in a Toyota Camry 2010. Please give me the CIF Value for this car, i already know the Duty rate is 35%. VAT is (1.38 X Surface Duty). Lets take Shipping company Fee, Agent Fee, Releasing & Gate Fee = N250,000.

All i just need from u is the CIF Value for that car, i'll compute the rest and add up where necessary.

You people should stop charging people exorbitantly naaa, we are all in this country together, things are hard, if u make like N50,000 to N100,000 or anything similar for clearing a car, that should be enough for u, not until u charge the hell outta this importers, remember they are also selling these cars to make profit.

God bless your generation!

1 Like

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by owo4mii(m): 12:23am On Nov 08, 2020
kaysy:

Well, it's not compulsory i get the job, but i know the truth shall prevail...Not here to spoil your business.
Just tell the world the actual duty rate without compromise and even you can post a chart of the rate you are using to bargain or give the world. i would have kept mute but just for him saying he is taking the vehicle interstate but all is luck.

Thanks for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by owo4mii(m): 12:27am On Nov 08, 2020
Samconcepts:

That's way too much naa

I have quote my running with duty rate, but i am not forcing you to ply your trade with me but rather do as i advice to know my stand.

Good Luck.

We are all in a competitive market, what i see bad may be Good for the others.

1 Like

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by damakay(m): 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2020
Will get back to u as soon as possible
Iamoilprince:
Lexus RX 350, 2013

Please what’s the cost?
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by damakay(m): 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2020
I will clear with 1.5M without any issues
A trial will convience you
Thanks

Iamoilprince:
Lexus RX 350, 2013

Please what’s the cost?
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by fizzyf4: 6:45am On Nov 18, 2020
How long does clearing usually take?
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by owo4mii(m): 7:40am On Nov 18, 2020
fizzyf4:
How long does clearing usually take?

1-3 days depending on the shipping company.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by fizzyf4: 10:27am On Nov 18, 2020
owo4mii:

1-3 days depending on the shipping company.

In some cases, does it take up to several weeks?
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by owo4mii(m): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
fizzyf4:

In some cases, does it take up to several weeks?

Well, it doesn't take more than 5days for cars in 5stars depending on network and 3days in Grimaldi depends on network but Under 2days car comes out in Grimaldi and under 5days in 5star Logistics.

But if it's container it may take you a week plus.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 9:58am On Dec 19, 2020
Yesterday@Tincan Island Port

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
If you have a car to clear at Tincan Island Port, come with the Bill of Lading lets get started, no need for long stories, we will both go for the valuation together then u can calculate how much total it will cost u, no need staying online and asking questions, come yourself or send someone with the photocopy of your bill of lading. No hidden charge, inquiries for valuation is free your are not paying anything, instalmental payment can only commence the moment u accept the CIF Value given and gives instruction that we should proceed with the job.

This is how to calculate cost of clearing (E.g Toyota Corolla 2006) The CIF for this vehicle is usually given at $1,886. Other constant values are (N381/USD) (35% duty Rate) (Surface Duty X 1.38)

Solution
$1,886 X 381 = N718,566 X 0.35 = N251,498 X 1.38 = N347,067 + N150,000 = N497,067 Total Amount Payable.

See sample of PTML valuation invoice below, the invoice was issued when exchange rate was N326/USD

Please note that the N150,000 is subject to change based on the model of the vehicle

3 Likes

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 9:33am On Dec 24, 2020
Work in progress... Visit TinCan Island Island Port with a copy of your bill of lading let's get started
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 11:11pm On Jan 01, 2021
After a long walk to freedom, this Toyota Camry 2010 is finally out of the port at the rate of N683,060 + (N21,354 Demurrage charges incurred)

2 Likes

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by cmoney22222: 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2021
Thanks you kaysy. Other agent should learn from this. Will do business as soon as I have my waybill for the 2013 Honda sir
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2021
@cmoney22222, Thanks i appreciate sir, i'll be expecting it sir. Thanks
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by llade(m): 7:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
I appreciate ur transparency.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 10:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
Anyone here ready to clear their vehicle from the port, no need asking to estimated bill for your vehicle, just come over to Tincan Island lets clear it together, u pay all charges from custom, shipping company and terminal then pay me my own agent fee... I can guarantee u this will be far cheaper for you if u give it a try. I dnt really enjoy giving estimated bills for clearing cos it may be too much or too small at the end of the day, so just come over let's get it done with while u pay me my service charge. The valuation we will get from custom will determine the total cost of clearing

My Service Charge
Grimaldi Line - N100,000
Sallaum Line - N150,000
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by chino4(m): 10:42pm On Jan 13, 2021
Has the tariff changed to the new 5%
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by Kampack: 12:31am On Jan 14, 2021
N a wah for these costs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2014 Model BMW X5 Full Option Selling Cheap And Fast / 2008 Toyota Camry - Spider - Tokunbo - Very Ok! - SOLD ! / KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.