Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl (66812 Views)

I Have Impregnated Another Girl Against The One I Love. What Should I Do Now? / I Want To Expose My Wife And Her Colleague In A Bank, They Are Having Affair / Help: I Am Struggling With The Idea Of Having Another Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Jim99: 6:42am On Feb 20, 2020
suruwilliams:
Folorunso alakija, Okonjo-Iweala, Ibukun Awosika, Amina Mohammed

Powerful women in the country they are all people daughters.

Stop giving her false hope.

Check out the list of the world's billionaires, out of a hundred there are only a handful of women that make the list (of which some of them had inherited it from their husband's and fathers)

Checkout the most successful and important people in the world, i can bet there are not more than 10 women on that list.

My point is, with proper guidance, a male child will always attain greater heights than a female child. I'd choose a Male child anyday anytime over a female child.

They are the powerful driving force of any thriving economy today.

The future is Male, believe it or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Munzy14(m): 6:42am On Feb 20, 2020
DexterousOne:

Your daughters carry your gene too.

So your lineage does not end with no son.

It ends with NO CHILD
You won't understand sha, considering what happens in a normal Igbo setting.

It's a norm we can't even alter.

For me, av told my gf if i settle down, and I keep getting girls, I will love them and won't bother myself with the son pressure.

It's a case of understanding.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 20, 2020
If am a woman before I get married I will check everything including your LEVEL OF ILLITERACY

WHEN I MEAN LITERACY I DIDN'T MEAN SOMEONE THAT WENT TO SCHOOL

This is 22CENTURY FOR WHAT EVER SAKE WORKS FOR HIM

AND LIKE YOU SAID FINANCIAL PROBLEMS AND YOU BOTH HAD A THIRD AND FOUGHT CHILD?

NOW HERE IS A POSSIBLE SCENARIO BUT GOD FORBIDS IT HAPPEN

IMAGINE YOU TRAINING ALL FIVE GIRLS.BECAUSE YOUR HUSBAND MIGHT NOT BE HAPPY WITH THEM..AND YOU END UP TRAINING THEM ALL TO UNIVERSITY OR SECONDARY LEVEL BECAUSE THEY ARE GIRLS

BUT WE NEW GENERATION PARENTS CAN CHANGE HISTORY....MAKE LIFE BETTER FOR OUR CHILDREN....A WHITE MAN IMPROVES THE LIVES OF YOUNGER GENERATIONS BY MAKING CHANGES...

BUT HERE IN AFRICA WE KEPT MAKING SAME MISTAKE WE SEE IN MOVIES IN OLDEN DAYS, SAME MISTAKE WE HEARD THEIR STORIES IN OLDEN DAYS OR SAME ONES OF YOUR GRAND PARENTS....YOU PARENTS WANTS YOU TO MARRY THE AGE OR THE WAY THEIR PARENTS GOT THEM MARRIED AND TOMORROW YOU COME PRAYING FOR GOD TO CHANGE YOUR HUSBAND AND MAKE YOUR MARRIAGE WORK

MAKING SAME INPUT AND EXPECT A DIFFERENT RESULT

WE ALWAYS PRAY THAT SOMETHING SPIRITUAL IS AFFECTING OUR MARRIAGE BUT IF ONLY WE PAUSED AND TRACED OUR STEPS BACK WE WILL REALIZE THAT ITS A PHYSICAL MISTAKE WE MADE THATS HUNTING US

IMAGINE A WOMAN RUSHING TO MARRY A MAN WHO IS READY BECAUSE SHE THINKS HER TIME IS RUNNING OUT

MARRYING A GUY ARRANGED BY PARENTS

MARRYING A GUY BECAUSE HES CALM, LOVING AND CARING THAT YOU JUST MET FEW MONTHS AGO AND ALONG THE LINE HE STARTS UNFOLDING HIS FULL PACKAGES

MARRY YOUR BEST BUDDY....IF HE'S NOT RICH YET WORK TO RICHIES WITH HIM...WAIT AS LONG AS YOU CAN WHILE YOU TOO ARE WORKING TOGETHER
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 20, 2020
Am Igbo my parents only child and I personally wants to have girls all through

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by kophy(m): 6:46am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:
It is almost 4AM my husband hasn’t come home yet, just because we found out that I am carrying another baby girl. I’m in pains. I don’t know what I have done to deserve all this .

Please help me beg God if I offended him unknowingly to please forgive me and blessed me with baby boys ( triplets). Please
Madam just be thankful that God gave you children, either male or female look around you, I am sure you would have seen or heard of couples who are married years back but no single fruit of labor to crown their union still the are hopeful. Recently I am sure you read about siblings who are all girls of the same parents that are medical doctors. I am sure perhaps at a time either the father or the mother too may have felt bad about having all females in their family. But we all know we can not do anything about the sex of a child, only the almighty does that. I have four children, including a set of Triplets, among who is a boy. My sister think very well and appreciate what the God has done in your life. Some people will be reading this and be blaming God for they have neither girl or boy they call their biological own. Please appreciate whatever you have including this precious gift from the most high. I pray that God will touch the heart of your husband where he will see reasons to thank God and appreciate him the more. There are millions of men out there that they are not Man enough to father any child and the still thank God. Tell your husband if for whatever reason (God forbids) what we call a Man in him stops, will he remember if you are carrying you fifth daughters. Let appropriate what God do for us, hmmmmm, if he changed it to the other, we can not stand it. Have a save delivery.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by DexterousOne(m): 6:47am On Feb 20, 2020
omakay:
There is a side to this also. (LET ME WARN THAT THIS VIEW WILL OFFEND A LOT OF US, PLEASE GET READY)

Religion is a strong factor that drives Africa (in particular). It affects our way of life here economically, socially and politically.

Most importantly, it is a strong factor in the African family system.

People give birth (naming ceremony must be graced with a pastor or an imam)

People get married (there must be church marriage where vows are given in the presence of a pastor or imam)

People die ( their remains are committed to mother earth in the presence of a pastor or imam)

So it begs the question, WHAT IS THE VIEW OF THE BIBLE OR QURAN CONCERNING THE GIRL CHILD?

People are strongly influenced by the teachings and stories of the holy book.

Very valid point
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by suruwilliams(m): 6:48am On Feb 20, 2020
Jim99:

Check out the list of the world's billionaires, out of a hundred there are only a handful of women that make the list (of which some of them had inherited it from their husband's and fathers)

Checkout the most successful and important people in the world, i can bet there are not more than 10 women on that list.

My point is, with proper guidance, a male child will always attain greater heights than a female child. I'd choose a Male child anyday anytime over a female child.

They are the driving force of any thriving economy today.

You are advising she goes into depression because she is carrying XX?did Linda ikeji also inherented her wealth from her husband undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Atigba: 6:49am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:
It is almost 4AM my husband hasn’t come home yet, just because we found out that I am carrying another baby girl. I’m in pains. I don’t know what I have done to deserve all this .

Please help me beg God if I offended him unknowingly to please forgive me and blessed me with baby boys ( triplets). Please

In this age Africans are still worrying about the sex of their children
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by DexterousOne(m): 6:51am On Feb 20, 2020
Munzy14:

You won't understand sha, considering what happens in a normal Igbo setting.

It's a norm we can't even alter.

For me, av told my gf if i settle down, and I keep getting girls, I will love them and won't bother myself with the son pressure.

It's a case of understanding.

I'm an igbo man too

That is why this topic pains me a lot.

Because I have seen stupid decisions sone uncles of mine took because of this matter, and threw our entire extended family into chaos.

Looking back in hindsight

It was NOT worth it
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by supereagle(m): 6:52am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:

Your husband deposited the girl in your womb. It is now established fact that girl child are more useful than the boy child. In my experience of attending to patients , girl children stay by their parents more than the boys, support more than the boys. I have more girls, I show them love and their mother used to be jealous, but she has no choice.
Finally you can determine your baby sex by knowing the exact ovulation time. A book like love and life can be of help. The book has helped some people to have more of the preferred sex.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by RedBororo(m): 6:53am On Feb 20, 2020
Madam a lady only have XX chromosome which are female chromosomes. A man has XY chromosomes, the Y there is the male, is what a man give a woman she . She carries , don’t feel bad just give birth in one piece and good health, tell your husband to join you prayers, for the God lord shall create wonders, but let him be aware that they are people that are still looking for a child, he should be thankful
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Mordecai(m): 6:54am On Feb 20, 2020
snipesdam:
What is the difference between the boy and girl sperm?

Y or boy sperm:
Swim faster and are able to get to the egg more quickly than the X (female) sperm.
Tend to be smaller.
Are less resilient and less hardy, i.e. they are just more fragile than the X sperm.
Do not live for as long as the female sperm; they have a shorter life expectancy and die off much earlier.
Are more resistant to alkaline, i.e. higher pH, environments. At different times of a woman’s menstrual cycle, the pH of her vagina varies. Y sperm cannot tolerate the acidic environment of the vagina as well as the X sperm do.
X or female sperm:
Do not swim as fast as Y sperm; they are generally slower moving and less mobile.
Are bigger than Y sperm.
Have a longer life span, and are capable of fertilising an egg for a longer period, than Y sperm.
Prefer a lower vaginal pH (acidic) environment.

Finally, someone that's enlightened has posted here.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Avast(m): 6:54am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:

You and your husband are not serious.

Some are still looking for just one child, be it a girl or boy.

Are you guys atheists? BE GRATEFUL
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Virtplus(m): 6:55am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:

at times I'm just shock d way men get angry wen dere wife is unable to give Dem a male child.u suppose to b d one slapping him for unable to give u a male child because he is not a real man... biologically the human body contains 23 chromosomes,whc is d xx for d woman and xy for d man...now wen u cross breed during sex,it either ur husband gives u x or y in combination with ur x,because no matter what u can Neva donate y...not possible,so Hu re u blame? ur husband.u nd ur hubby should try and see a doctor for proper counseling..tank me later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by ElSherriff: 6:56am On Feb 20, 2020
If only I had one!
Psalme91:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Jim99: 6:56am On Feb 20, 2020
suruwilliams:

You are advising she goes into depression because she is carrying XX?did Linda ikeji also inherented her wealth from her husband undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I could also show you more than 100 men who are 10× richer than Linda Ikeji, Alakija, Oprah Winfrey put together.

Let's be more realistic.

2 Likes

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by golddare: 6:57am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:

See your mouth, accusing God abi, Its the man that determines the sex of a child scientifically. Spirituality God can change it to the one He wanted based on the assignment He has for them.

You have no idea of what those who are yet to have going through, you better appreciate God, be thankful and start training your children.

Leave that ignoramus man, give your children the best moral, spiritual and educational training, Tell me will Ngozi Okonjo Iweala papa will say he regret having her, will Alakija papa complain ? Go and checkout several great women that men are ten times better than men.

We are in the era that the gender of a child doesnt matter anymore so cheer up and brace up for your husband ignorance.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by DexterousOne(m): 6:59am On Feb 20, 2020
Jim99:

They are the driving force of any thriving economy today.

Look at what this one is saying? undecided

Great women ABOUND in their various fields

Harriet Tubman saved many many of her people, when the men were stuck chopping koboko in Massa's plantation

Marie Curie invented what saved millions and millions till date, and died due to radioactive exposure to achieve that feat.

Dr. Adedevoh's brave act saved millions from death from the hands of Ebola in Lagos. She also died to achieve that

What of the William sisters who kicked ass big time in sports?

Or Okonjo Iweala that saved us from Economic catastrophe in the early 2000s, creating structures like crude oil benchmark and many other measures to keep this country afloat?

What of the female warriors in Abeokuta that waged war and liberated their ancestral home from the Dahoney invaders?

Or the Kurdish women squad on the front lines with AK 47 warding off ISIS invasion?

I can go on and on and on.

Women are just as capable to achieve great things as men

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by suruwilliams(m): 7:00am On Feb 20, 2020
Jim99:

I could also show you more than 200 men who are 10× richer than Linda Ikeji, Alakija, Oprah Winfrey put together.

Let's be more realistic.
Does that also mean she can't take care of her parents or is it only male child that can take care of their parents.

I guess we both have different view about having children

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by 12345baba(m): 7:00am On Feb 20, 2020
Liposure:
baba wetin u want take 3 girls do.
part of retirement plan. Born boy when he grow love go make am follow him wife and her family go.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Razeed: 7:02am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:

So sorry dear. I understand what you are going through but you have to take it easy and be alive to take care of those kids. They need you more. Its not your fault but that of his that could not donate the Y chromosome to add to your X to give him a male child. Please madam, relax, pray and be strong for your self and d kids.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Jim99: 7:04am On Feb 20, 2020
DexterousOne:

Look at what this one is saying? undecided

Great women ABOUND in their various fields

Harriet Tubman saved many many of her people, when the men were stuck chopping koboko in Massa's plantation

Marie Curie invented what saved millions and millions till date, and died due to radioactive exposure to achieve that feat.

Dr. Adedevoh's brave act saved millions from death from the hands of Ebola in Lagos. She also died to achieve that

What of the William sisters who kicked ass big time in sports?

Or Okonjo Iweala that saved us from Economic catastrophe in the early 2000s, creating structures like crude oil benchmark and many other measures to keep this country afloat?

What of the female warriors in Abeokuta that waged war and liberated their ancestral home from the Dahoney invaders?

Or the Kurdish women squad on the front lines with AK 47 warding off ISIS invasion?

I can go on and on and on.

Women are just as capable to achieve great things as men

You think?

If i begin to mention all the inventions and scientific success of men, this thread would get to page 600.

Y'all should stop with all this girl this, girl that, giving the poor woman false hope.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by stephnie44(f): 7:07am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:

thank you very much for the words of encouragement, I also have 4 daughters and pregnant with the fifth. this baby supposed to be our last ,cause of financial problems, that's why my husband is not happy
stop crying I bet u in years to come dis beautiful kids will make u smile ND proud of having them.they will surprise u for sure.ive seen cases so don't feel down
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by deor03(m): 7:08am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:

It is ONLY your husband that determines the gender of your children. Please don't let him make you feel like a victim here.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by imam07: 7:10am On Feb 20, 2020
James289:
Technically, the man decides the sex of the baby... not the woman. You can only contribute an X since you are XX and the man's sperm contributed either an X or a Y - thus deciding the sex.
So, he wasn't able to give himself what he wanted, lol - no reason for you to feel guilty.
4get this biological lies. If d man meet another woman, nah boy she will give birth to. Though we should thank God for whatever he gives to us. But men don't like live without having a male child.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by DexterousOne(m): 7:14am On Feb 20, 2020
Jim99:

You think?

If i begin to mention all the inventions and scientific success of men, this thread would get to page 600.

Y'all should stop with all this girl this, girl that.

If I continue to list what women were able to achieve despite the misogynistic society they found themselves over the centuries

It will not contain this forum

Pocahontas

Joan of Arc

Queen Victoria

Queen Amina

Queen esther (Jews would hans been wiped out without her bravery)

Florence Nightingale

Sarah Sosan
Oby Ezekwezili

Fela's Mother

Angela Merkel

Margaret Thatcher

Let me stop here before I turn this place into diary list cheesy
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by DexterousOne(m): 7:16am On Feb 20, 2020
imam07:
4get this biological lies. If d man meet another woman, nah boy she will give birth to. Though we should thank God for whatever he gives to us. But men don't like live without having a male child.

Not exactly true

It's more from him than the woman

His sperm has to be of the right "count" and quality
And Y chromosome rich

If not

If he likes let him sleep with 40 women
Na the same result
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by DexterousOne(m): 7:16am On Feb 20, 2020
Atigba:

In this age Africans are still worrying about the sex of their children

Its crazy
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 20, 2020
Ma,you shouldn't worry about these things,my friend,they are just six girls in the family.
Though it worried their mom at first,through good advice,she pulled through

As I'm telling you this, their mom is really reaping the benefits.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by wirinet(m): 7:19am On Feb 20, 2020
GeneralShepherd:
I am an only son out of 4 girls and the last. My sisters paid my fees for my studies in the UK, before I could contribute financially they were the ones carrying the family.

I do not understand the obsession with having male kids, Kobe Bryant doesn't have a son, Tiger woods doesn't have a son, Obama doesn't have a son

There is no obsession with male kids, any family having just one sex of children is bound to get worried. After 2 boys, we were praying for a baby girl, in fact my wife was sleeping in church in prayers for a baby girl. That's because our maximum children target was 3. Had a friend that kept trying for a girl and gave up after 4 boys.

Different strokes for different folks. The way one man will react to having all girls us different from person to person. What the family needs is counselling by close family members or professionals.

Jokes apart, why is there an upsurge in the number of baby girls being born in Nigeria? Every hospital you go, girls, girls, girls, with very little boys. Even in primary schools nowadays, the ratio of girls to boys is sometimes 3 to 1. Who will marry all these girls? We might need a new law mandating 1 man to marry 3 wives like in Kenya or Eritrea, to avoid many women dying a spinster, Or spinsters might be required to start snatching already married men from careless wives.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 20, 2020
Munzy14:

You guys keep over flogging this issue of a man determines the sex of the child. Yes we know, the male child is gotten from YX, but I hope u won't be in a haste to forget, the Y sex cell, must swim from point of release all through to it's final destination. If the woman's internal system isn't favourable, It won't make it to the final destination.

X sex cell is the most rugged and survives almost any condition the woman's internal body presents.

OP's case isnt a Big deal, av seen a renowned medical doctor who almost left his wife for giving him 5 female kids, until the 6,7 and 8th turned out to be boys.

All these will be moot if the man only produces X sperms, shey you know
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Jim99: 7:20am On Feb 20, 2020
DexterousOne:

If I continue to list what women were able to achieve despite the misogynistic society they found themselves over the centuries

It will not contain this forum

Pocahontas

Joan of Arc

Queen Victoria

Queen Amina

Queen esther (Jews would hans been wiped out without her bravery)

Florence Nightingale

Sarah Sosan
Oby Ezekwezili

Fela's Mother

Angela Merkel

Margaret Thatcher

Let me stop here before I turn this place into diary list cheesy

Hahaha. You know if i should start my own list, we'd both grow old on this thread together.

There would be no technological advancement in the world today if not for men.

And here you are discouraging her on getting a male child.

The world needs more men please. I currently have 3 wonderful boys. Hoping to get more boys grin

The real men and women here understand the value and importance attached to a Male child.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Marriage To These Types Of People Will Surely End In Divorce(Photos) / Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? / Man Dumps Police Wife After Hot Sex With Single Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.