Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl (66813 Views)

I Have Impregnated Another Girl Against The One I Love. What Should I Do Now? / I Want To Expose My Wife And Her Colleague In A Bank, They Are Having Affair / Help: I Am Struggling With The Idea Of Having Another Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by lordswill03: 3:41am On Feb 20, 2020
Have you seen a resent photo of 5 girls that are all medical doctors going viral? Please show him, tell him they are all siblings. It is not the gender that matters but how the Lord blesses you with each of them.

See me now, looking for triplet all girls. Please be encouraged my dear. Also introduce him to a counselor if he can see one

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Nobody: 3:55am On Feb 20, 2020
African, especially Nigerian men are so keen on having as many male children to carry their so called names.
How many male children does George Bush have? Or Obama? People like Jesus Christ, Alexander the great, Mother Theresa how many kids did they have? Instead of men to enlighten themselves and strive to leave an impact for the next generation they fight tooth and nail to get a son whom they have nothing to bequeath to.

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by fornnygee(m): 4:09am On Feb 20, 2020
Madam I will start by encouraging you.
Firstly, you are blessed for having a female child, in future you will know better.
Secondly, you are healthy and alive.
Finally, let me now advice you.
Please do not border yourself with the sex of the baby but be grateful to God for keeping you alive. Concentrate your energy on living healthy. Note that your husband requires education, so try and engage your family doctor to educate him, he might be ashamed of himself after the conversation with an O&G.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by vaca1: 4:11am On Feb 20, 2020
My dear never for one day regret having girls. I mean NEVER.

I am the only girl in the midst of SIX boys.
Hmmmm I don't know where to start.
My story no be here. I can only tell it on the phone.

My dear focus your attention on God. Anyone God gives don't complain bikoo.

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by vaca1: 4:13am On Feb 20, 2020
juman:
Stupid couple.
Children nah children either boys or girls.
Margaret thatcher was a woman, angela merkel is a woman and there are uncountable great women in all fields in the world.

You people should thank God and celebrate your girls.
Obama has only two girls, clinton has only one girl etc.
And they're not complaining

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Antichristus: 4:17am On Feb 20, 2020
He’s an idiot. Period.

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by manontree: 4:24am On Feb 20, 2020
snipesdam:
What is the difference between the boy and girl sperm?

Y or boy sperm:
Swim faster and are able to get to the egg more quickly than the X (female) sperm.
Tend to be smaller.
Are less resilient and less hardy, i.e. they are just more fragile than the X sperm.
Do not live for as long as the female sperm; they have a shorter life expectancy and die off much earlier.
Are more resistant to alkaline, i.e. higher pH, environments. At different times of a woman’s menstrual cycle, the pH of her vagina varies. Y sperm cannot tolerate the acidic environment of the vagina as well as the X sperm do.
X or female sperm:
Do not swim as fast as Y sperm; they are generally slower moving and less mobile.
Are bigger than Y sperm.
Have a longer life span, and are capable of fertilising an egg for a longer period, than Y sperm.
Prefer a lower vaginal pH (acidic) environment.

I like this answer even though you didn't present it properly

Africa is ripe with so much cultural adaptations of the male gender. This is obvious from the way the female are treated as second class gender and the male dominated the social strata. There were times no one bothered to even educate the female children and even the president stated on an international parlance that the women belongs to the "other room"

This dogma and the fact females move on to acquire their husband's identity and subjugated to his whims further documents why there is so much preference for male children

However the science of sex selection is not as straight forward as possible. Several reasons exist for this, not least the ethical issues of advancing knowledge to alter nature and bias against a fellow human being based on mere gender

That said for those interested in sex selection, it is a fact that the man has the X and Y chromosomes meaning if he gives the woman the X, she would produce XX (Female) as women have only the X chromosomes. If he fertilises her with the Y, they would go on to have XY, which is male. In this regard a man is deemed to be the gender determinant

Sounds simple. The body however is so complex that practically there are other factors that come into play other than this. Like you said the PH level of the woman is one. If she is highly acidic the Y chromosome won't survive to get any chance to fertilise the egg, leaving only the X which is stronger and able to survive acidic levels. The inverse is also true

This is a common reason why you see a woman having same gender children like the case here. It is one major reason and NOT the only reason. From experience once the PH level in a woman's follicular fluid is altered through medication, the issue of having numerous same gender children is solved. From experience I said. Some other doctors disagree with this but I know it works

Sadly most of our medical practitioners miss this or do not agree. I stand my ground. Should this poster still wish to have further children, discuss this with your health care provider and point him in this direction. You would thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Fruitofthevine: 4:30am On Feb 20, 2020
This life sef.Someone is complaining of having all girls,im crying that im having all boys im desperately looking for twins,baby girls,to adopt.Ma'am,just relax ur mind.Na wetin man give u u go produce.As much as u can,cover ur ears to d complaints.what we men sometimes fail to understand is that girls remember their parents much more than the boys.Girls easily connect with one another.its when a need arises that u see d magic that girls can perform.Among those girls is a boy u should have had,beautiful,bold,intelligent,record breakers and God lovers.Chill.Relax.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 4:32am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:

thank you very much for the words of encouragement, I also have 4 daughters and pregnant with the fifth. this baby supposed to be our last ,cause of financial problems, that's why my husband is not happy

4 and you adding one soon again

Do you know the financial implications of what you doing?

Pikin na pikin abegi

Na person born Naira Marley and Na person bon Okonjo Iweala.

Which one you pray for.? Useless boy or Better girl

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by AceVentura: 4:35am On Feb 20, 2020
If there’s anyone who should be disappointed, it’s him cos he’s the one that planted the seed, not you. You’re just the seed carrier.

Your man is responsible for the gender of your baby. Not your fault in anyway.

By the way, what’s wrong with having only female children? I have 3 boys & I’m happy (not even thinking of trying again to see if we’ll have a girl). My elder brother has 3 girls & he’s balling.

Let him be grateful that you guys do not have fertility issues cos some couples have been begging God for @ least a child for years yet it comes on a silver platter for you guys.

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Mummymahdi(f): 4:42am On Feb 20, 2020
I am so ahokes reading ur post, u urself aren't happy not only ur husband. How would u control that , are u God? Both of u need orientation and change ur mind set. Ur mentality will harm u and ur kids. Nothing special about giving birth to a boy, pray for a healthy and blessed children, some ppl praying for years to have just a baby.
Think and ponder, review life. I have seen many families that only females are doing well and taking care of their parents the guys only drag problems . and vice versa. So pray for good health, long life and prosperity

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by conwuzor69: 4:45am On Feb 20, 2020
My dear u dont need to worry urself u only v xx chromosome while he as a man has xy chromosome so d sex of a child is been determined by d man,in all trust in d lord he is d author n finisher of our faith

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by bendazum: 4:47am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:
It is almost 4AM my husband hasn’t come home yet, just because we found out that I am carrying another baby girl. I’m in pains. I don’t know what I have done to deserve all this .

Please help me beg God if I offended him unknowingly to please forgive me and blessed me with baby boys ( triplets). Please

Your husband is acting like a child. Some are looking for an issue. He has children already and still throwing tantrums.

If he went to school, he will realise it is his fault for giving you X chromosomes.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Enosampson: 4:48am On Feb 20, 2020
It's been long I replied a post but had to

Be grateful for healthy children
women are precious gift
personally I don't have a brother we are 5girls and we are all doing well
I lost my son to a heart disease and it's wrong to tie your happiness to a child

Do you know there are people looking for just a child, you don't get it. And you have four oh lord
please pray for your husband

You know in this time and season what we should be praying for is that our children should successful,, note success is not tied to men

WATCH THE TREND MA. WOMEN ARE TAKING OVER
so be grateful

There's something my dad do say don't force God to give you what's not in his agenda for you
check the prisons we have,WATS the ratio of female to male
I leave u with that
check the pic below and see the beauty in 5 female children

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by wirinet(m): 4:50am On Feb 20, 2020
manontree:

I like this answer even though you didn't present it properly

Africa is ripe with so much cultural adaptations of the male gender. This is obvious from the way the female are treated as second class gender and the male dominated the social strata. There were times no one bothered to even educate the female children and even the president stated on an international parlance that the women belongs to the "other room"

This dogma and the fact females move on to acquire their husband's identity and subjugated to his whims further documents why there is so much preference for male children

However the science of sex selection is not as straight forward as possible. Several reasons exist for this, not least the ethical issues of advancing knowledge to alter nature and bias against a fellow human being based on mere gender

That said for those interested in sex selection, it is a fact that the man has the X and Y chromosomes meaning if he gives the woman the X, she would produce XX (Female) as women have only the X chromosomes. If he fertilises her with the Y, they would go on to have XY, which is male. In this regard a man is deemed to be the gender determinant

Sounds simple. The body however is so complex that practically there are other factors that come into play other than this. Like you said the PH level of the woman is one. If she is highly acidic the Y chromosome won't survive to get any chance to fertilise the egg, leaving only the X which is stronger and able to survive acidic levels. The inverse is also true

This is a common reason why you see a woman having same gender children like the case here. It is one major reason and NOT the only reason. From experience once the PH level in a woman's follicular fluid is altered through medication, the issue of having numerous same gender children is solved. From experience I said. Some other doctors disagree with this but I know it works

Sadly most of our medical practitioners miss this or do not agree. I stand my ground. Should this poster still wish to have further children, discuss this with your health care provider and point him in this direction. You would thank me later

You made very valid and professional points but spoilt it by showing your political bias. Nothing concern Buhari with the topic at hand. You don't have to show your hatred for buhari on every topic, no matter unrelated it is.
You indictment of Buhari on this unrelated issue is even contradictory to the facts. You said "There were times no one bothered to even educate the female children and even the president stated on an international parlance that the women belongs to the other room", but Buhari not only educated all his female children to university level, he was also responsible for educating his wife to university level. So because he made the other room statement in reference to aisha interfering with government policies during interview with Amanpour, means he is against girl child education? Did Buhari ever relegate aisha to the other room?

Please don't let your political biases interfere with your professional judgements.

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by bigfrancis21: 4:51am On Feb 20, 2020
James289:
Technically, the man decides the sex of the baby... not the woman. You can only contribute an X since you are XX and the man's sperm contributed either an X or a Y - thus deciding the sex.
So, he wasn't able to give himself what he wanted, lol - no reason for you to feel guilty.

Lol don’t also forget that the woman’s body also plays a role in selecting which sperm type survives within it. Some women are highly acidic inside and y bearing sperms die off easily in such an environment, favoring the birth of female children (the survival of the X chromosome). Some women who are highly acidic and need to have boys have to take medications to neutralize their pH to enable y bearing sperms survive within.

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by bigfrancis21: 4:57am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:
It is almost 4AM my husband hasn’t come home yet, just because we found out that I am carrying another baby girl. I’m in pains. I don’t know what I have done to deserve all this .

Please help me beg God if I offended him unknowingly to please forgive me and blessed me with baby boys ( triplets). Please

Your body pH is probably highly acidic - an environment which favors the survival of X chromosomes and the death of Y chromosomes. The chances of having babies of both genders is 50 50. Meaning that out of 4 children 2 should be boys and 2 girls or 3-1 in either direction. If you’re consistently having girls, one probably cause is your levels of pH which may be too high and needs to be neutralized to alkaline levels. My friend’s wife here in the US (Hispanic lady in her early 30s)recently had her first child which was a boy but she was highly acidic, which her doctor found out and recommended some medications to be taking while trying. This she did for months and she took in and had a baby boy. Her first attempt by a highly acidic woman. To have a baby girl at her next attempt, all she needs to do is stop taking the medications, seeing that her system is selective towards the x bearing spermatozoa, and she would have a girl easily.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by bigfrancis21: 5:00am On Feb 20, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Why will she be broken hearted because she has girls? I just can't relate.

I dey jare.

I believe in gender equality but sons are still important just as girls are. A family with too many sons will want to have a daughter to balance it out. It goes both ways.

2 Likes

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by bigfrancis21: 5:10am On Feb 20, 2020
Godsonkemz:

That's what biology theories tell you. The same man could as well impregnate another lady and deliver a baby boy. I've witnessed several cases whereby a man whose wife couldn't conceive a male child, but immediately he married another woman, male children started coming. So stop blaming only the man dear feminist. It could be spiritual or genetic factor.

Exactly. I know someone it also happened to. No male son born after 4 children. Her husband gets another lady and she currently has 3 boys for the man. It is clear in these cases that the initial lady’s system was probably unwelcoming for the y bearing sperms to survive.

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by sats: 5:10am On Feb 20, 2020
A man is still chasing a male child in 2020
Where do you people find the mediocre men you marry?

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Resurgent2016: 5:16am On Feb 20, 2020
femi4:
Your husband is ignorant, he's the carrier of the y chromosome that's responsible for a male child

Nothing in her write-ups suggests the husband isn't aware he determines the sex if the child.....
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by popsyleo1: 5:16am On Feb 20, 2020
God gave me fifth baby girl yesterday no boy yet and my wife was worried but I don't see why she should be I keep on encouraging her. I as a man I accepted the baby with clean mind. So your husband should even know that he is the course of the issue. What he gave you is what you are carrying. Also forget scan results pray. God knows the best.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Fogman(m): 5:16am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:

thank you very much for the words of encouragement, I also have 4 daughters and pregnant with the fifth. this baby supposed to be our last ,cause of financial problems, that's why my husband is not happy

Miracle abounds and in some cases, scan result fails. My friend had 2 daughters and wife was pregnant for the 3rd baby and scan result showed baby girl, but she gave birth to a boy. My advice go down on your knees and pray. Good luck dear
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by femi4: 5:17am On Feb 20, 2020
Resurgent2016:

Nothing in her write-ups suggests the husband isn't aware he determines the sex if the child.....
you are not thinking deep

1 Like

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by dinachi(m): 5:19am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:

It is painful, especially now that most young girls turn to lesbians in Secondary School.

Keep praying, God will help you.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:20am On Feb 20, 2020
I am an only son out of 4 girls and the last. My sisters paid my fees for my studies in the UK, before I could contribute financially they were the ones carrying the family.

I do not understand the obsession with having male kids, Kobe Bryant doesn't have a son, Tiger woods doesn't have a son, Obama doesn't have a son

2 Likes

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Resurgent2016: 5:31am On Feb 20, 2020
femi4:
you are not thinking deep

If this was a comprehension passage, you for just fail. Go read her write-up again and state specifically how you reached your conclusion.
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by femi4: 5:34am On Feb 20, 2020
Resurgent2016:

If this was a comprehension passage, you for just fail. Go read her write-up again and state specifically how you reached your conclusion.
We don't operate on the same frequency, kindly check for your mate out there
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Resurgent2016: 5:36am On Feb 20, 2020
femi4:
We don't operate on the same frequency, kindly check for your mate out there

Oga deep thinker, don't waste money writing IELTS until you learn not to read meanings not implied in a passage
Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Kunsky007: 5:45am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:

Don't let ur husband ungrateful attitude blind you from God blessing over your life.
Am a man; married for years with no child, but keep blessing God for having a loving wife and peaceful home. Nevertheless, how I wish to just have one of those "girls" that God has bless u with.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl by Monaco2(m): 5:47am On Feb 20, 2020
Psalme91:

Those girls of urs can do so much more than 10 boys, I don’t know y people stress their wives over issues like this

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Marriage To These Types Of People Will Surely End In Divorce(Photos) / Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? / Man Dumps Police Wife After Hot Sex With Single Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.