Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? (51614 Views)

I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend / How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by KerekereOgun: 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
[s]
YorubaLord:
What if your cousin is on this platform reading this? grin
[/s]
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Geesaintagape: 5:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
Call ur aunty or uncle n ur parents n inform them first then send him out/home.
I hard related experience when my coz came to stay with me to attend computer school but was rude n bad person. He never fetched water, nor contributed for anything n did sell the items his parents would give him for both of us on his way back from home. Spent the money on snacks n girls. Targeted any time I bought water to.Wash his clothes.
My dear I sent him out without looking back.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
Situation001:
before you can be able to do that you just need not be a sissy.. tell him straight that you need privacy as you will be engaging in some things that require you be alone and you are expecting him to leave your place by so and so day.. give him a specific day to find his square root.. and you just have to be serious with it.. I'll advise you don't engage his momma.. but if his momma call to ask y u evict his boy den open ul to her..
Things like masturbation na undecided
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Meteng: 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2020
strafist911:
Bros! There is no brotherhood in the jungle oh! If you know accommodating your cousin will get you in some serious trouble & he has no serious reason for staying with you, ask him to leave your house Asap.
Dude is obviously a cultist who is on the run (probably after pulling a hit in his area) & is seeking refuge in ur house.
Besides, these days I have come to realise that cousins are not as loyal as they used to be many years back. Cousins nowadays are so toxic, competitive & will pull you down without having a 2nd thought about it. If I should tell u what some of my cousins have done to me eh, well that's a story for another day.
Best advice. OP stick with this, before this guy go put you for wahala o
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
Kylekent59:

I had to quote you so as to ensure you read my comment before you skip.

The big question should be" how do I get rid of my cousin from my house without causing any harm,fight,disagreement or problem"

First and foremost, don't listen to all those people advising you to chase him out of your house or reporting him to aunt.

Remember this life turns around and the action you've done today will determine what the future would be.

Have you asked yourself this big question," what if I chased him and he left, in the next two years he became rich and I go to him for help. Would he help me?"

Don't let the action /advise of a nairalander ruin you in the nearest future. Anything you are doing just make sure it won't affect you in the future when you need his help.

The only way out for you now is to manage him. Allow him stay till your rent expires.

Get a new lodge/hostel, get a new sim and don't even tell your anyone that knows him your new address.

When the next secession begins, he would try to call you before coming, now your number is unreachable.

He would then call some friends he has made to check if you are around, then they might tell him you have relocated.

No means to get to you, it's now left for him to find another alternative.

I believe by this decision, in the future if he becomes rich and you show, he would still accept you, since you accepted him before, then went into oblivion without telling him your way.

You can now tell him how things went and why you ran.

Just make sure you are amicable to him or leave amicably without exchange of words or quarrelling.

You use force for people who do things forcefully.

Its like you want OP to learn this the hard way.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Brightgem(f): 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

I don't know about who'll win the fight but I wrestle and take other self defense classes.

We'll see how it goes
From descriptions. Feels like you could be in danger. If possible, leave him and move.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by JasperVII(m): 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2020
Akukaliaa:
cry

Without cousins, life would be boring and hard.

I have just one cousin named "Ezeofor".
He arranged the first woman I slept with in 2011.
He gave me my first bottle of beer in same year.
He taught how to woo a girl and how to masturbate with the image of the wooed lady when the wooing fails.
He taught me how to be generous with everything.
He taught me the benefits of sacrifice and the need to be self-less.
He even taught me how to get a woman pregnant.

Ezeofor taught me a whole lot about life - the real life.

Our relationship wasn't all rosy in the beginning. We had our differences. Big differences. But we soon got along. And we stayed together and built a very strong relationship.

I graduated with no job and a pregnant girlfriend. Life was hard till Ezeofor signed for a club in Europe and poverty became history.

Boi! Take it easy. You might not need him today, but tomorrow is a fool. Have a large heart!

But Ezeofor was not a cultist was he?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Judybash93(m): 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

I don't know about who'll win the fight but I wrestle and take other self defense classes.

We'll see how it goes

Osheyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Jet Li... Na only punch we go take know who go win grin
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
Saintsquare:
Arrange with SARS, they will come to your house and evict him base on threat they received from neighbors about him.

Fucckkk. I doff capp for you grin grin grin grin. Solve this problem the nigerian way grin grin

OP use sars. Case closed. Lala oya close thread grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by dalass(f): 5:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

I suspected he probably was being hunted in Ogun state and had to lie low in another state.. I'd tell his mother as a last resort.

I'm going to talk to him soon as I get home again and let him know of his bullshit then if he makes it rough... We'll make it rough

Just ask him nicely when he intends to leave....

That should do it, he'll know he has overstayed his welcome.... He gets the message and listen to his answer so as to know your next line of action.

BTW. Why is he not in school?
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Ladycewhy(f): 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2020
WildChild00:

Edo State University Ekpoma is the home of cultism, out of 100% of students there 75% belongs to one cult or the other, it is so bad, even females are not left out, in 2005 I lost a friend in that sch, clashes, till date it pains me.

The way the cultism stuff works it's like an oath one takes, you can not leave, anywhere you are or sent to you must execute the task as told to do, another of my close friend in UK told me, he was traced there, by some of their members.
If the guy is a cultist like my mind is telling me ,then the op is in grave danger cos they can trace his cousin to his house .
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2020
Toosure70:
Pupu in your kitchen.

grin grin grin esp inside the garri and mix it well.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by dalass(f): 5:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
Saintsquare:
Arrange with SARS, they will come to your house and evict him base on threat they received from neighbors about him.

SARS ke?

The guy will definitely land in jail!!!
Toying with death be that oh.

Lots of money will be extorted from both of them especially if anything incriminating is found on the cousin..

Abeg, na rough play be that
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by KerekereOgun: 5:44pm On Feb 19, 2020
[s]
post=86785970:
Hello Cousin, Please, LEAVE MY HOUSE!
[/s]
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Jainine(f): 5:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

I suspected he probably was being hunted in Ogun state and had to lie low in another state.. I'd tell his mother as a last resort.

I'm going to talk to him soon as I get home again and let him know of his bullshit then if he makes it rough... We'll make it rough

Back when I was in school, a boy let his friend who was a cultist in another school visit and they were both set on fire in their sleep.

People said he was the cultist and his friend a victim, others said his friend was and he, the victim.

Better send him out. Just tell him to leave, don't let him distract or cause you harm

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by tunize(m): 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
extremelygolden:
You can do something.

Confide with your trusted and closest friends in school. Let them come and act up like, because they allowed you to put up with them, you're now forming owner of the house, abi? Just a little travel for few months and you're already feeling like Landlord, abi? And as if that's not enough, you went ahead to accommodate someone else.

They should ask you to pack your things and leave the room immediately before they get you arrested. You on the other hand should pretend to beg with tears in your eyes, that they should allow you to finish your exams and you'll go look for another accommodation.

Of course they're meant to say no. You no understand? cheesy You on the other hand will be grumbling as in, how are you going to cope now.
Just pick your few clothes and go stay in your friends apartment while they stay in yours. Like temporarily swapping apartment.

Make sure all this is played out when your cousin will notice at least part of the drama. I know he'll want to fight them, but just let him know that you can't pay good with evil. And that you leave them to God. And that those guys have been helpful to you for a long time now. Don't call them friends in your cousin's presence so he wouldn't know what's up.

I hate rubbish abeg.
U suppose dey act wit nollywood oooh chai.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by extremelygolden: 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
Tats:

What if his cousin who is visiting decides to arrange hard guys to deal with his friends, as per they are messing with my cousin?
His friends could be in danger just by this action. Its not just the guy who appears to be in the process of being evicted by following this route, but the visiting cousin too.

Honesty is the best policy or the other option is taking the issue up with family.

Just looking for a way he wouldn't become enemies with his cousin in the future. Applying little bit of wisdom and diplomacy wouldn't hurt.

That was why I said he shouldn't give the impression that the guys are his friends.
They are just good people who accommodated him. That's only.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Jackipapa: 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
This is one reason I dont like Africa, family burden!
Be brave and tell him to go

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by extremelygolden: 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
tunize:

U suppose dey act wit nollywood oooh chai.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Ustec: 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
Foodqueen:
He's gonna be around for a long time.
I'm horngry sad
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by ngwababe(f): 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2020
Oga, relocate without him knowing. In fact, relocate without telling anyone.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by tunize(m): 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2020
Everybody jst concluded that he is a cultist. The guy might jst be stubborn and rugged that been said, all u need do is to sit the guy down talk to him let him know wat u welcome and wat u do not also welcome. U be guy now let am know ur stand u cant cope with all this simple if he must stay wit u.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by WildChild00(m): 5:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ladycewhy:
If the guy is a cultist like my mind is telling me ,then the op is in grave danger cos they can trace his cousin to his house .

You are not far from the truth!
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Vikky014(f): 6:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
please tell him to leave in peace before he puts you in trouble...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by extremelygolden: 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
justmenoni:
And what will happen to the female neighbor?

The way those guys will act will leave the neighbour confused.

He should even collect her phone number and call her once in a while to help him beg those guys, that things are hard for him where he's presently putting up and he doesn't have money to rent a place now. That they should please allow him to come squat with them temporary before he gathers money to rent a place.

By the time he uses calls to disturb the lady, she'll be more confused than ever.

Few days after their friend is back in his apartment, they should pretend they're traveling again for urgent business. They should tell his female neighbour to help them keep an eye on him, in case he violates any of the agreements he had with them. And should he accommodate any other person, she should please give them a call. They'll then drop one "the number you're calling is not reachable" number with her and leave. Afterall, they traveled, abi? It could then mean there's no network where they traveled to.

I am just looking for a way he can part ways with his cousin amicably and his friends still remain in one piece.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by victorian(f): 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

We'll see how it goes

Wow! On top your own house again!

Mehn u need to grow some balls and tell him to leave.

Why u allow family know your house in the first place baffles me! Who does that?

Well me I don't.

My step elder sister's daughter called from delta state saying she's coming to Lagos and wants to learn how to sew from me and will likely stay with me. I know the kind of lady she is. Shes my age mate, she's the kind of Waffi babe, that's stubborn, tough and also rough. She lived all her growing years in warri. I live mine in Lagos

Me, I'm a gentle easy going, level headed and focused human being, that loves peace and quiet more than anything, especially at home. In fact I love my company more than anything. Lol

Immediately I told her, the training won't be free. Cause biz is biz, i Increased the fee, knowing she won't be able to afford it. I then told her she can't stay wit me, my place is very small and I'm squatting with a lady. She was like hmm OK.
Her mother called my line that evening, I told my step sister sorry Sis that's the fee, I can't take less. U know I take care of myself in Lagos without help from family, na manage I dey.. So sorry ma

That's how I escaped being saddled with a tough cousin from warri cheesy

In fact nobody knows where I stay,except my close friends and bf cheesy

It's good like that! I don't need family stress!

U need to put your foot down on this one.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by spyapollos(m): 6:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
My dear friend well done, you re doing well ooin, your cases is small, my own is that, since my mum pass on, my dad is a 76yr old veteran, who currently residing with me, I'm planning of getting married this month ending and my girl insisted he has to leave I don't know what to do.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Phranckanny(m): 6:12pm On Feb 19, 2020
The best thing to do is to wake up the next morning and ask your cousin for #2000 transport that you'll repay when u return.

When you return, give an excuse that what u expected didn't show hence u can't repay.

Check the next reaction and then if he/she gets cool with ur response, then, ask if there is still some cash left that u can't imagine ur cunsin is around and u can't afford to cater for him/her. When you do so ask if he can cater dinner, do so repeatedly and be sure he will be tired and would want to quit as fast as possible....[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Dejex4(m): 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
Kounsel tv provide the opportunity to heir your mind. we offer counselling, advise and purpose in goal attainment, emotional stability, mental health and much more
Fun fact: we won't disturb with status update
Refer a friend and let's spark the world
https:///2347013000403?text=Hi!%0AWelcome%20to%20kounsel-Tv%2C%20poised%20to%20serve%20you.%20%23name%23%20please%0ALets%20add%20u%20up
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by ibinaboonline: 6:24pm On Feb 19, 2020
You don't like the guy, period. Forget the long list of his faults, family is family except in this case you obviously don't like the guy. I don't blame you though, you mentioned you weren't close and you practically don't know each other so just follow your mind as long as your mind and your conscience is in agreement.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by ThePreachersSon: 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
extremelygolden:
You can do something.

Confide with your trusted and closest friends in school. Let them come and act up like, because they allowed you to put up with them, you're now forming owner of the house, abi? Just a little travel for few months and you're already feeling like Landlord, abi? And as if that's not enough, you went ahead to accommodate someone else.

They should ask you to pack your things and leave the room immediately before they get you arrested. You on the other hand should pretend to beg with tears in your eyes, that they should allow you to finish your exams and you'll go look for another accommodation.

Of course they're meant to say no. You no understand? cheesy You on the other hand will be grumbling as in, how are you going to cope now.
Just pick your few clothes and go stay in your friends apartment while they stay in yours. Like temporarily swapping apartment.

Make sure all this is played out when your cousin will notice at least part of the drama. I know he'll want to fight them, but just let him know that you can't pay good with evil. And that you leave them to God. And that those guys have been helpful to you for a long time now. Don't call them friends in your cousin's presence so he wouldn't know what's up.

I hate rubbish abeg.
Neighbors fit go fu¢k this brilliant idea. And e be like say the cousin don get babe for the compound o. Remember say na girl come tell our guy say e cousin don show.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by ibinaboonline: 6:27pm On Feb 19, 2020
Your girl no do well. Na your papa wey born you be this o. Me no dey pray for that kind wife.
spyapollos:
My dear friend well done, you re doing well ooin, your cases is small, my own is that, since my mum pass on, my dad is a 76yr old veteran, who currently residing with me, I'm planning of getting married this month ending and my girl insisted he has to leave I don't know what to do.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Women Shave Their Baby's First Hair. / What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! / Is My Wife Cheating On Me??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.