Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? (43870 Views)

Help! My Wife Says She Doesn't Love Me Again & No More Sex From Her.... / It's Our Anniversary / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 19, 2020
crackkhaus:
Your problem is lack of sex and the power you've given her to use it against you.
Forgetting your anniversary is just a by-product of the real issues in your marriage.

The day you start begging a woman for sex, you start losing your self-worth and she will gradually start believing she can get away with anything since you will still meet her at night to beg for punny.

Just let her be sexually.

Continue with your duties as financial provider of the home generally, but reduce whatever she personally gets from you in a noticeable way.

As for your sexual needs, I won't hold it against you if you get it outside. That's exactly what I'd do in this scenario.
Sex is too easy to get for one person to use it to imprison me.

By the time you don't kiss, touch, or even breath on her neck for the next 5months, no one will remind her to receive sense.
So u won't beg your woman for sex?

But you want her to beg you?

Iffahia

( I no get strength o)

1 Like

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by manontree: 7:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
why are grown adult like this?

.why do men of today marry people that they ordinarily shouldn't? These characters didnt start today. You simply went for looks or body shape only to come complaining when the traits you ignored start choking you

I refuse to believe a woman can hide her traits to a man that dated her for a while. Even the bible told us to test all spirits. If you dated your wife for a while these traits should have been obvious and probably obvious but you ignored them and focused on her beauty and shape

So what now??

Is it really such a big deal to handle such a problem. A wife that you beg for sex and she refuses, is that one a wife? She isnt and for me the punishment is a lifetime of you refusing too. Refusing to oblige any request from her. Refusal to even engage in any form of conversation and even to pick her calls. See, no single person has a monopoly of nastiness. Two can play that game. The house would be so toxic she would beg for peace

So why are grown men of today so weak. It is actually this weakness that makes the women behave with such nastiness towards them. If they know that the retribution for any bad behaviour is severe, no woman would try it

Weak men and their wahala

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by TruthHurts100: 7:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
You nor get work. Even me, I dey forget my name.
You wey dey talk, you Sabi your papa birth date?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Rapecase: 7:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
TruthHurts100:
You nor get work. Even me, I dey forget my name.
You wey dey talk, you Sabi your papa birth date?
This thread is not for kids.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
Wedding anniversary kee. With all the challenges of life staring people in the face?....this life is what you make it. Love your wife and make her happy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by paparazzi1987(m): 7:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
You don’t have sense if wedding anniversary is your top priority in marriage. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by ITbomb(m): 7:12pm On Feb 19, 2020
Me that remember Buhari swearing in date, do I love him?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by cRobo: 7:12pm On Feb 19, 2020
I just pity you

You are in serious bondage

Take away her privileges

Close that her business so she remain at home

Things will fall into place with time

Lastly hack her social media account so she will be bored until you are the only source of joy she has

Social media influence so much with statement like " she deserves more" she keeps hearing

Lastly, don't take advice from most females on this platform they are home breakers with no husband to call their own, extreme feminist, very stupid and useless breed of people

My one cent

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Ijaycool(f): 7:12pm On Feb 19, 2020
Me that forgets my birthday, have I committed suicide?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Rapecase: 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ijaycool:
Me that forgets my birthday, have I committed suicide?
Ignore the title. Read the whole thread.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
I sometimes forget my own birthday, how much more anniversary?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by kay4kay: 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
Expensiverichyb:
I never knew men take little thing like this serious.
What happened to dialogue instead of all this complain here?

s

Am surprised me that I don't even remember my birthday talk of wedding anniversary

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by SocialJustice: 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
Na wa. You sound like a friend OP, the story is just too similar. This matter is beyond me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Liliyann(f): 7:14pm On Feb 19, 2020
Pray for her, maybe there is sth you are not doing right.
Go on your knees and ask God to bring your wife back to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by money121(m): 7:14pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ok
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by zakkxx: 7:15pm On Feb 19, 2020
Quite unfortunate!! For you to write this long note it means you are really suffering. Kai women women, what do women want? Some are praying for a husband that those not cheat others are pushing them away. May God heal u IJN. I will never advice u to get a side chick is unbiblical and this your wife will just kill u. Just respect your self and continue to pray for her.

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by jey4all(m): 7:15pm On Feb 19, 2020
Take your wife on a vacation

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Ghostrye: 7:15pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
This thread is not for kids.
Swears. I haven't been married before so I don't know a lot about this, but I suggest you tell her the problems in your relationship and explain to her your frustrations. If she ever loved you in the first place, she will put in effort to change or tell you her reasons for acting like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Rapecase: 7:15pm On Feb 19, 2020
SocialJustice:
Na wa. You sound like a friend OP, the story is just too similar. This matter is beyond me.
Hmm. What does your friend's surname start with?
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by maasoap(m): 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase

Lol at the question. I can't remember the last time me or my wife remember, mark or celebrate our wedding anniversary.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Rapecase: 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2020
maasoap:
Rapecase

Lol at the question. I can't remember the last time me or my wife remember, mark or celebrate our wedding anniversary.
If you read the whole thread you will understand better

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by sapientia(m): 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nonsense.

Am not reading.

The mod that pushed this to front page should be sacked period.

This is how people invite village people to scatter their families.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Perfecttouchade: 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
No biggy if she forgets the wedding anniversary but as for other things u stated , my brother u need to have deep conversation with ur woman...make sure it's one of those she's always willing to talk, take her out with just the both of u alone...from there engage her in talk and don't throw the question directly at her..look for things u can talk about and from there always chip in those things u need to know. .. marriage is a very difficult task , it takes grace to keep it going..let's make that your building project outstanding with our Aluminium windows..check o..8.one.fivethree.six.sixfive.sixfive.nine

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Fedrams: 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
This one de craze. I was filling one form on Sunday and I have to asked my wife for our wedding date cos I did not remember again, she just laugh.
Wot does wedding date has to do wt love. Busy body and lazy youth

1 Like

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by SocialJustice: 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
Hmm. What does your friend's surname start with?
Can't share here. We haven't even talked in more than a week. His issue is just too similar to this. Man can't have peace in his own house he built with his money because of woman.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Offpoint: 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
Married people with their wahalas again
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
Edit - to those who may be wondering about my username, I created this account whilst trying to help two kids who were victims of rape.

Our 4th anniversary was few days ago, as I thought she would , my wife forgot the date. It ordinarily would not have hurt me so much but I have always had this feeling that she doesn't love me.

When we were dating she was all over me. But nothing I do ever since we got married gets appreciated. Few months ago she hurled abuses on me for helping a sister, a friend of hers, who lost a child and are homeless. And what's the help? Just 100k. Apparently I enjoy abandoning her need for others. And this
coming from a woman who few days earlier was saying I had invested over 2m on her business in a short while ( by her own calculation, as I don't take note when giving her money ).

I told a mother figure in church who is close to both me, her and the family I helped who corrected her. Expect if she will apologise tomorrow.

Off course the lady I helped in question is idiotic but I can't bear her and house and kids being homeless especially after losing a child.

My wife will never apologise when she does sometime I object to. Her apology which is often done in the most demeaning way is only tendered if I take the issue over board.

Our sex life since we got married has been poor to the extreme. I have ensured I do not cheat, not for a single day but I constantly have to beg for sex or masturbate to relieve myself.

Laying our bed is always a war for her. She does it only when she wants. Mind you we have two kids and a maid who helps with virtually everything.

The maid in the morning ( 90% of the time ) makes the breakfast, clean the house while she only baths our first child and get her ready for school, I take her to school most of the time.

Am I overreacting to expect my wife to

1. Properly apologise when she does something I do not like and ensure she doesnt repeat it? For instance few days ago she was planning on traveling outside our base, I only got to know through her phone conversation with her sister although she didn't eventually travel, I felt I should have known before hand as I got to know a night before. Till date what I got in form of apology is, "I would have told you". She was planning to travel by 5am, I heard her conversation by 10pm a night before and we slept on the same bed.

2. Sex at least 3 times a week? I stopped trying to initiate it after so many rejections.

3. Not to forget important dates such as our wedding anniversary?

4. To at all time be the one making my meal.

Please note she practically doesn't work now. We are setting up a fashion house for her she has taken over 3m from me as of the time of writing this. Note my cloths go to dry cleaners. Only thing she does is cook my meal ( when she wants ).

I am beginning to think maybe I am a mental health patient who doesn't know yet. Maybe something is wrong with me and I am just reacting based on that?

You are over reacting and need to go for a mental check up.

Seriously, I am not joking. Who needs a wedding anniversary? For what? Are you that less busy? You need a new project.

The things you enumerated are the nature of women after the initial marriage wave has subsided.

Your overburdening actions and nagging has reduced your fear-factor as a man and head of house and your wife has certainly less regard for you especially when she has financial empowerment under her belt.

What you need to do ?

1. Side chic - Yes, a side chic, you will fall in love with and reduce the attraction to your wife. She will notice this withdrawal and fight to have you back. I am not saying, threaten that you will have a side chic, I am saying, actually find a very pretty girl that you will fall in love with and she loves you too.

2. Enjoy the meals from the maid, it does not matter who cooks it.

3. Allow your wife to focus on business and make her travel plans without you, then stop financing her as she has been replaced by a maid and side chic. She will come begging and you will be the King.

Master how to terminate side chic after marriage problems has been solved. Yes, learn how to use and dumb side chic. They are like tissue papers.

Problem solved without a single bullet fired.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by dayveed1(m): 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
Women!
You have done nothing wrong. You simply want more affection, more attention and active sex life I can't blame you. But she doesn't prioritize you. Don't spend a lifetime with such person.
She doesn't deserve you.
Get a divorce. Somethings are better left unfixed.
What if she's the breadwinner? Lol

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Rapecase: 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
Fedrams:
This one de craze. I was filling one form on Sunday and I have to asked my wife for our wedding date cos I did not remember again, she just laugh.
Wot does wedding date has to do wt love. Busy body and lazy youth
Did you bother reading the whole thread hell no, but quick to call me names.

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by NnamdiN: 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2020
Judging from your side of the story she should never have passed the dating stage.

12 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by ideabuilder: 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2020
You are very nice man that's why your wife taking for granted. Why try being un-nice.

Cheat, bang hot girls
Keep late nights
Threatening her with divorce
Ignore her sexualy

Life too short to be depressed

Once a woman have kids for you they leverage on that. When some girls praying to get married, some married ones are misbehaving

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by smeag0l(m): 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2020
I wanted to give an advise but after seeing this I have nothing else to say than you brought all these upon yourself. There are behaviours that you notice while you guys were dating that should be a dealbreaker and not being able to apologize is one of them. There are magic phrases that solve a lot of issues in marriage and "I'm sorry" is one of them. If you have noticed during courtship that your then girlfriend finds it difficult to apologize and you never gave it a thought that there may be something fundamentally wrong with her character then you shouldn't be complaining now because I assume you were prepared for this- bad behaviours noticed during courtship canmot be corrected as they only get worse in marriage. The fact that you even went into the marriage with you eyes open and knowing this errant character of hers makes me lost for words.
Rapecase:
She never apologises from the onset. But affront has now been added to it.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout / What Was The Craziest Thing Your Mom Caught You Doing? / PHOTO: Man Backs His Baby As He Walks Along A Major Road In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.