Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

False Pregnancy | Can You Trick Your Body To Believe It's Pregnant? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / False Pregnancy | Can You Trick Your Body To Believe It's Pregnant? (1721 Views)

What's One Sex Myth You Know Is A Lie But Everyone But Everyone Seem To Believe? / My Girlfriend Aborted My Pregnancy! Can I Get Her Arrested? / How To Trick Your Stingy Boyfriend And Get Money From Him Without Much Talk.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

False Pregnancy | Can You Trick Your Body To Believe It's Pregnant? by Wearabletech: 10:58am On Feb 20, 2020
Hmm! The human mind is a wonderful entity!

False pregnancy ❌��

Read, comments, like and share��

Have you ever heard of a false pregnancy? or your ex girlfriend said she's pregnant, when she's actually not? Do you know excessively worrying about getting pregnant could trick your brain into actually thinking you’re pregnant?�

A client I once had been under pressure from family members to produce an offspring. She’d had three miscarriages already and was constantly worrying about getting pregnant. Even missed period got her antsy and anxious.

If she had a fever and vomited in the course, she would assume she was pregnant until tests would prove contrary. One day she registered for antenatal classes, and I was pleased for her.

The laboratory tests results came back positive.

But the ultrasound scan was another matter. There was no sign of developing life in her uterus. It clearly showed her uterus was non-gravid (not pregnant).

This puzzled her a lot. She had said she’d rather believe the laboratory tests results but I had to explain that the ultrasound scan was the more conclusive test.

You see, after hypothalamic stimulation occurs by certain factors from the woman, all or some of the hormones of pregnancy are secreted, and can be detected in the blood stream, whether cyesis is false or not.

Hence, in a hysteric pregnancy, it is absolutely possible to feel pregnant, look pregnant and even have laboratory investigations confirm pregnancy in some cases. It’s a wonder how this occurs.

But well, the human body and mind are a fascinating work of art sculpted by nature to function beyond the realm of human comprehension.

Unarguably, the human intuition is a frivolous entity.

As a medical practitioner, despite my knowledge and experience, the human nature never ceases to amaze me.

A phenomenon known as a false pregnancy also known as hysteric or pseudo-pregnancy is such a marvel. Although this is common in women, false pregnancy can also occur in men. When this happens in males it is known as a false Couvade syndrome.

Unlike a hidden pregnancy, which is intentionally hidden, the woman knows she’s pregnant but might try to deny or negate the obvious symptoms of pregnancy. Even the best hide-and-seek player would not hide a pregnancy forever.

Similarly, there is a cryptic pregnancy in which gravidity is not recognized by the person who is pregnant until they are in labor or have given birth.

Just like the aforementioned, false pregnancy is considered a mind disorder, where the brain misinterprets signals from persistent thoughts of pregnancy and triggers the release of hormones such as estrogen and prolactin that could actually induce pregnancy related symptoms.

As a man experiencing this phenomenon, it could be as a result of pregnancy of a significant other and is known as a sympathetic pregnancy.

The man exhibits similar symptoms like the pregnant wife such as nausea, weight gain, mood swings and bloating.

According to Katherine E. Wynne-Edwards, who is a professor of biology at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, ‘depending on the human culture, couvade can also encompass ritualized behavior by the father during the labor and delivery of his child. ’

She also maintained that this could be as a result of hormonal changes that occur in men who are in stable relationships. Bestowing to popular notions these hormones, including oxytocin and vasopressin, are now known to play significant roles in the formation and maintenance of strong pair bonds.

My first encounter with the phenomenon was a case of a woman who registered for an antenatal class. As part of the requirement for registration in a prenatal class, she was required to take a pregnancy test.

To my surprise, the test came back negative. She wasn’t pregnant at all. Despite the fact that she showed signs and symptoms of early pregnancy, no baby was in her womb.

Get the full gist

Ask your SmarrNurse��‍⚕

Visit the link below��

https://smaartcollections.com/false-pregnancy/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Sexy And Curvy Black Girls In Style / What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? / Romance N'landers Girls I Hate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.