Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,065 members, 7,828,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

The Bible Should NEVER Be Taken Literally Word For Word - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Bible Should NEVER Be Taken Literally Word For Word (250 Views)

My Nyansh Has Taken Me Places - Side Chick Brags (Video) / Drop A Word For Your Ex/Lover/Crush Without Mentioning Their Name. / I Am 22 And My Son Is Now 5yrs Old. One Word For Me (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible Should NEVER Be Taken Literally Word For Word by SultanOfAbia: 9:25am On Feb 21, 2020
The Bible is not to be taken literally
It contains deep hidden messages encoded
When I say Garden of Eden, I'm not reffering to a physical location..
Eden is a state of mind or consciousness that is naive, innocent, happy,caring, playful

Children are said to be in a state of Eden until they grow, enter teenage period where they gain knowledge of the world( eating the forbidden fruit) which corrupts them.

Adulthood starts at the exile of Adam and Eve from that state of innocence "Eden".
After Adam eats the Fruit of Knowledge It symbolize the transformation of the child who was naive to the man who has a duty to provide,hurstle and survive. Which is symbolized by the barnishment of Adam and Eve
Even the punishment God gave Adam and Eve is not a punishment but it symbolize the after effects of entering Adulthood
Adam is to toil the earth( hurstle)
Eve is to bear kids in pain ( Child birth)
These things are what the male and female adults have to face once they leave that state of innocence "Eden"
Adam was more concious of his naked body but before they were naked and not ashamed of their body just like Children are not ashamed of their body and they can play or run around naked.

My point is if you read the Bible word for word literally, you will be confused and discouraged. It takes a deep mind to decode all hidden messages encoded behind each story but we christians put more focus on the characters of the story instead of the messages and hidden morals of each story in the bible.
Thanks

1 Share

Re: The Bible Should NEVER Be Taken Literally Word For Word by Drince: 9:50am On Feb 21, 2020
I don't know what kind of oil you have in your head but the oil na correct one...

I once quoted a youth pastor in redeem camp, He was talking about raising our voice and crying while praying to God.. Then i asked him if you are to ask something from your earthly father how do you ask? Do you shout or you ask politely? He said he has no reason to shout at his father and he was going to ask politely. Then i asked him why did he say we must shout on top of our voice, for God to hear us? Prayer is a one on one convo btw you and God.. Moreover Jesus already taught us how to pray. "The lords prayer" this prayer is so powerful that people don't even know it.
Our father who hath in heaven, hallowed be thy name thy kingdom come, thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven, give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, deliver us from all evil, for thine is the kingdom the power and the glory forever and ever AMEN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Should NEVER Be Taken Literally Word For Word by AmKen(m): 10:00am On Feb 21, 2020
It's obvious.... The letter killeth but the spirit gives life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Should NEVER Be Taken Literally Word For Word by SultanOfAbia: 10:12am On Feb 21, 2020
Also, when the stories in the Bible are written, it’s written to the humans that was alive at the time.
We have a completely new generation of humans now but yet this Bible has never changed! We’ve evolved; we’ve changed as a society, culture, human, collection of beliefs and understandings, but yet we have this Bible that was Written By The people who were living in a time that doesn’t relate to us at all—except human relationships. Well, even our human relationships have evolved.
Re: The Bible Should NEVER Be Taken Literally Word For Word by SultanOfAbia: 10:35am On Feb 21, 2020
AmKen:
It's obvious.... The letter killeth but the spirit gives life.

ps- Smell like a boss.
oil perfume for sale at a very affordable rate.
My siggy for contact.
Lagos based but delivers nationwide.
True That..

(1) (Reply)

Help Spread The Love; An Avenue To Reach Those In Need / 5 Shocking Reasons Why Men Cheat. / Malians Love Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.