Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me (44851 Views)

Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? / Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache / Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by mainaugustine(m): 2:30am On Feb 22, 2020
Are you from onitsha? Cause I know onitsha people have this kind culture. See most times our parents are always 80% right when it comes to marriage things and besides marriage is not a "you" thing but a family thing. For me I think you should man up and discharge her, just tell her it won't work. Which one is blood oath qua?? Brother be careful. Love alone is not enough to decide on who to marry, tradition too follow forget oyibo marriage. This one you are saying you can't cheat on her, I hear, in this our new school marriage odi nma. My opinion sha

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by olurili(m): 2:34am On Feb 22, 2020
Justdogood:
This is incest.

Are you guys mad ni?
What do you call love?

At your age you dont know you shouldn't shag your cousins even to the 6th generation cousins.
Not to talk of marrying one.
What is wrong with this generation?
Go to your holy books, which ever one you believe in Bible ooooo, koran ooooo, you will see it there.

See your mouth like I will damn the consequences.
Its not just consequences, its a curse. An abomination. A taboooo.
Imgine tell us you do all a man does for a woman for her.
Go for prayers as you have been sleeping with you distant cousin. Maybe 4th or 5th generation cousin.

Tuweeee.
Spits on kids of nowadays.

N.B.
For those of you quoting me down this topic.
Asking about adam and who he slept with.
Please then the population of the world was so small that GOD allowed them to sleep or marry eachother.
The same GOD said we shouldn't commit incest. After the world's population increased.
forget it we are all product of incest take it or leave it
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by sylife(m): 2:45am On Feb 22, 2020
Kindly run for your future, I have an uncle how is 83 years now,
He stupidly did this and he is still in pain up to now, he impregnated the lady before the Nigeria / Biafra way and the child died at birth ,
He loss everything and unhappy forever. Think before your action thank me latter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by annayawchee: 2:49am On Feb 22, 2020
Baba chill o.... If she is from your immediate village, that means you guys are related by blood directly or indirectly. Where I come from I can't marry from my village and few others villagers within my town cos those villages are extension of mine and we have the same progenitor.... Uche gi dikwaya maka nso ala

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Bratking(m): 2:50am On Feb 22, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Be a real niggarrr and Marry that girl

Imagine
"When she left, my father asked me where she was from, and I told him and my father told me I can't marry her because she was from the same village with me "

See excuse!!!

So any body when come from same village with me na my sister or brother?
All this Igbo people ehnnn

in every village/town in igboland, there are tiny villages known as clans.

families belonging to a common clan have a common ancestor and so are kith and kin.

the girl is his kith and kin and so therefore is related to him by blood.

marrying her will be an abominable.

maybe where you come from it's acceptable to marry your relations but in igboland it's a taboo.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Smartdigitals: 3:01am On Feb 22, 2020
Https///38Kgx3j
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Aname: 3:09am On Feb 22, 2020
Your father might have a point because

1) He knows the history of your village better. If it is indeed true that she could be a relative, can you carry this burden for the rest of your life? You're just 25 now.

2) She is asking you to take a blood oath. My brother. The signs are already there. Maybe your father even knows her lineage but wants to keep the truth from you and is only letting you in on a small part of it, because maybe you are not ready to hear the full truth.

Please don't base your marriage on this thing we call love. It is deceptive.

I'm not saying that this will not work, but the key to this is true and earnest prayer.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by CanadaOrBust: 3:18am On Feb 22, 2020
I know this is another made-up Nairaland story but I’ll give my advice anyway.
You need to separate from her unless u won’t have kids because the biological consequences of inbreeding are very real
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Ndipe(m): 3:34am On Feb 22, 2020
Run away from her because she pestered you to do blood oath.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Gosamezu: 3:55am On Feb 22, 2020
Please see a very genuine man of God for further cancelling. You should not take any canal advise. You needs holy spirit to carefully help you out. I pray also that God will help you too.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by ATTemi: 4:08am On Feb 22, 2020
U jx took the words off my mouth.
72Morale:
No matter how stubborn and wise you think you are; Don't ever go against tradition and against your family wishes once it has to do with marriage.

Love isn't even one of the top 5 things to consider in marriage because it's just a self-deceptive word that does not contribute anything to a marriage.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by toprealman: 4:15am On Feb 22, 2020
Mandem12:
I had to open a new account for this, pardon me for Punctuation errors. I have to go straight to the point so as not to bore you... My story goes thus

I'm a young man of 25. I met this very beautiful girl, aged 23 now, we've dated 4 years now. She's so humble, the love grew out of nowhere. She does everything a woman would do for a man and I do everything a man will do for a woman.

I found myself not doing anything without her and she cannot do anything without involving me, we actually love each other very much.

She started pestering me to have a blood oath with her because she was scared I would leave her. I laughed it off cos I knew I wouldn't cheat on her, she is everything I wanted in a woman.

Trouble started when I brought her home to meet my parents, I was actually happy that I had found my wife...

When she left, my father asked me where she was from, and I told him and my father told me I can't marry her because she was from the same village with me and thereby related by blood thereby marrying her is an abomination that she was my sister so to say and said our kinsmen would not be Involved if I insist on marrying her... I felt my world crumbling down like a pack of cards...

I told my girl and she was like, it's an old tradition and nobody will dictate to her who she would marry and she loves me and there was no going back...

As a man, I thought about it and wanted to let her go because I wouldn't want the stigma to be on us and my unborn kids... I showed her some attitude to make her hate me but she didn't, rather she would rather beg me not to leave her even when I'm at fault. I feel bad anytime I do anything to hurt her feelings...

Now, I actually want to get her pregnant and damn the consequences, do a court wedding if the need arises and relocate with her out from our state and start a new life elsewhere...

Another mind is telling me to let her go so we can move on with our lives, or even be a fugitive for her... I however know she will hurt herself if I leave her... I'm very confused about everything, I seriously need help... Why is Igbo tradition this way? I found love with this girl, now everything is about to be stripped away from me, just like that... I seriously need an advice please...

I love this girl so much and she make me happy

Please move this to front page so I can hear from others please...
Listen to the voice of elders.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by xeros20(m): 5:02am On Feb 22, 2020
A word is enough for the wise. Hensforth don't even sleep with her again. Amadioha has opened a case file. Be warned.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Scottallen: 5:52am On Feb 22, 2020
Airtimex:

I really wish we are, but is only a dream...

Divorce is everywhere and there are many situations which can lead to divorce. This doesn't change the fact that whites loves unconditionally, unlike Africans...

Most African marriages are enslavement...they don't care about your happiness. Just marry and bear children...

Lies
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by potopotoking: 5:53am On Feb 22, 2020
[s]
autofreak2020:
I would advise that you guys should go on and get married, that's not inbreeding since you are from same family.

It can lead to bad biological consequence only if she's from your family. For instance, if she's your step sister.

Go on and marry her if you still love her.

I am Abimbola, Lead Strategist at Kobobrand
. We help business owners with free business growth hacks.
[/s]

You're very stupid. Do you know what "bimbo" means in America? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Inferno001(m): 6:31am On Feb 22, 2020
adioolayi:
Go ahead and marry her....Just read the beautiful story of Samson and Delilah....Go ahead and marry against your parents wish...I am not saying you are not matured enough to make decisions, after all it's your home, your life.... but then what the elders see while sitting, children don't see even while on tree top.

I understand what you're trying to say here and it makes a bit of sense but what I find repulsive is the saying that "what an elder sees sitting, a child on a tree can't see it".... Parents have used this parable to cheat young ones off their joy...I am married now and I had tough challenges with my parents when I was gonna marry because my wife is Igbo and a first daughter..what nonsense did I not hear then? But I insisted on marrying her and I have a blissful home today and her being igbo didn't ruin my life, instead she's been a blessing to me...all I'm saying is, let OP make adequate findings of his woman's home and links to his family and if satisfied, go ahead and marry her...marriage is endured and enjoyed by the two people involved directly as your father or mother won't live with you so make sure you make your marital decisions period....
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Bestview1: 6:32am On Feb 22, 2020
Guy better calm down and listen to ur dad. Abomination is abomination. If u have been sleeping with her better go on ur knees n pray very well because surely the consequences of such act will befall u.@25 ur mind don Don dey for marriage hmmm#youneverknowwomen#� check out ur Bible for lineages marriage
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Analysiscorner: 6:51am On Feb 22, 2020
Since you are related by blood, please don't marry her. Listen to your father. You might as well make further enquiries from other elders in your village.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by adioolayi(m): 6:52am On Feb 22, 2020
Inferno001:

I understand what you're trying to say here and it makes a bit of sense but what I find repulsive is the saying that "what an elder sees sitting, a child on a tree can't see it".... Parents have used this parable to cheat young ones off their joy...I am married now and I had tough challenges with my parents when I was gonna marry because my wife is Igbo and a first daughter..what nonsense did I not hear then? But I insisted on marrying her and I have a blissful home today and her being igbo didn't ruin my life, instead she's been a blessing to me...all I'm saying is, let OP make adequate findings of his woman's home and links to his family and if satisfied, go ahead and marry her...marriage is endured and enjoyed by the two people involved directly as your father or mother won't live with you so make sure you make your marital decisions period....
I really like your brilliant submission and I totally agree. The marriage in question here is not intertribal, interracial or interreligious one...but marrying a lady from the SAME VILLAGE...not city or town. The parents may know what curse, dos and don't of their ancestral history...we may not believe those things are real or not..but why taking such a huge risk For me, the op and his girlfriend should moveon.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Bestview1: 6:53am On Feb 22, 2020
mainaugustine:
Are you from onitsha? Cause I know onitsha people have this kind culture. See most times our parents are always 80% right when it comes to marriage things and besides marriage is not a "you" thing but a family thing. For me I think you should man up and discharge her, just tell her it won't work. Which one is blood oath qua?? Brother be careful. Love alone is not enough to decide on who to marry, tradition too follow forget oyibo marriage. This one you are saying you can't cheat on her, I hear, in this our new school marriage odi nma. My opinion sha
Please tell him ,na childishness dey worry am
Em never see anything self let alone keeping a promise of not to cheat hahahaha���
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Dizzyrascal(m): 6:56am On Feb 22, 2020
Mandem12:
I had to open a new account for this, pardon me for Punctuation errors. I have to go straight to the point so as not to bore you... My story goes thus

I'm a young man of 25. I met this very beautiful girl, aged 23 now, we've dated 4 years now. She's so humble, the love grew out of nowhere. She does everything a woman would do for a man and I do everything a man will do for a woman.

I found myself not doing anything without her and she cannot do anything without involving me, we actually love each other very much.

She started pestering me to have a blood oath with her because she was scared I would leave her. I laughed it off cos I knew I wouldn't cheat on her, she is everything I wanted in a woman.

Trouble started when I brought her home to meet my parents, I was actually happy that I had found my wife...

When she left, my father asked me where she was from, and I told him and my father told me I can't marry her because she was from the same village with me and thereby related by blood thereby marrying her is an abomination that she was my sister so to say and said our kinsmen would not be Involved if I insist on marrying her... I felt my world crumbling down like a pack of cards...

I told my girl and she was like, it's an old tradition and nobody will dictate to her who she would marry and she loves me and there was no going back...

As a man, I thought about it and wanted to let her go because I wouldn't want the stigma to be on us and my unborn kids... I showed her some attitude to make her hate me but she didn't, rather she would rather beg me not to leave her even when I'm at fault. I feel bad anytime I do anything to hurt her feelings...

Now, I actually want to get her pregnant and damn the consequences, do a court wedding if the need arises and relocate with her out from our state and start a new life elsewhere...

Another mind is telling me to let her go so we can move on with our lives, or even be a fugitive for her... I however know she will hurt herself if I leave her... I'm very confused about everything, I seriously need help... Why is Igbo tradition this way? I found love with this girl, now everything is about to be stripped away from me, just like that... I seriously need an advice please...

I love this girl so much and she make me happy

Please move this to front page so I can hear from others please...
you seem like a man in love. Look, my honest advice is for you to get her pregnant and damn the consequences.....love must always prevail....she is not your sister
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by 77up(m): 6:58am On Feb 22, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Be a real niggarrr and Marry that girl

Imagine
"When she left, my father asked me where she was from, and I told him and my father told me I can't marry her because she was from the same village with me "

See excuse!!!

So any body when come from same village with me na my sister or brother?
All this Igbo people ehnnn

Chai Igbo eh cheesy
May be the girl na osu smiley
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by michlins(m): 7:00am On Feb 22, 2020
spafu:

You asked, Where on Earth is incest okay? And my question is, how is she is sister? If she was his sister, how cones the boy's father did know her? What of other lands where people marry from the same village? In the north, cousins marry? Who did the first offsprings of Adam and Eve marry?
in North cousins marry and in East village don't intermarry. Do in Rome what Romans do. It's possible there's a sibling of yours you and your dad might not know about even.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Inferno001(m): 7:00am On Feb 22, 2020
adioolayi:

I really like your brilliant submission and I totally agree. The marriage in question here is not intertribal, interracial or interreligious one...but marrying a lady from the SAME VILLAGE...not city or town. The parents may know what curse, dos and don't of their ancestral history...we may not believe those things are real or not..but why taking such a huge risk For me, the op and his girlfriend should moveon.

I understand you sir.. Let the OP make sure he investigates the family link and be true to himself about his findings so as to make sure he isn't committing incest..if what his dad is saying is true, let him move on and love will find him but if not, he should show genuine proof and reasons to his family that they aren't in anyway linked...I had this notion igbos liked marrying from within o...I'm shocked at this...
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:03am On Feb 22, 2020
MorataFC:
even if that tradition is against God?

Which God? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by juman(m): 7:11am On Feb 22, 2020
OP need to ask questions more why they are stopping him.
Everyday of life people marry from their villages.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Geesaintagape: 7:13am On Feb 22, 2020
Our.tradition in Igbo land.is so complicated that I don't observe personally.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by juman(m): 7:15am On Feb 22, 2020
idonhammer:
A very rich friend of mine from imo state made that same mistake few years ago by ignoring his parents warning not to marry a girl from the same village,do you know what the guy is doing now? He is a mad man at owerri ebeiri market. As at 1996 ,this guy has two big cosmetics shops in orlu market. He was the first guy to buy Toyota Fj cruiser in orlu market and later bought Honda Element.Now everything is gone.He is a mad man now because he committed an abomination by marrying a girl that is related to him by blood.i feel pained because this guy paid my flight ticket when I traveled to Spain in 1997,but there is no way I can help because the crase don enter market level.So for your own good, leave that girl and look for another wife to marry.after all there are so many fishes in the river.if you fail to listen to your parents and marry that girl,your own don finish be dat.

This post make me laugh.
The man became mad not because of marriage but he got mental sickness or use of drugs.

Even in islam cousins can marry one another.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by raybaba97(m): 7:15am On Feb 22, 2020
My guy, I'm not married so I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you something.

All these people telling you mutation and death know nothing about why incest is actually bad.

You can marry her and nothing will happen. In fact, since it's against your tradition. that makes it even safer since new blood has been coming in for generations...

There is no royal family left in Europe that isn't related to the UK queen in one way or another, and they are still bleeping each other.

don't worry about any of those kind of consequence. It only happens when incest is consistent over generations
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:19am On Feb 22, 2020
4xplore:
In my church i cant count the no of couples who went against tradition and their family's personal interest yet remain happily married to this day.

Infact my friend's Dad wrote our church not to join his son with his girlfriend (now wife) with threats. Today they are still happily married with a son.

The moral of the story is this- Once God is involved, tradition and everything else does not matter.

I dey tell you!!!....in the first place how can everybody from the same village be considered brothers and sisters

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! / 5 Generations Photo Of Nigerian Women / My Skin Crawls When My Husband Touches Me (help!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.