Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari (6104 Views)

Where Is General Muhammadu Buhari The APC Presidential Candidate? / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by yinka85: 10:50pm On Dec 17, 2010
yinka85:

@ Oga Beaf,

Are you back?.I was looking for you around the environment below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-568866.0.html

I smell some dose of cynicism around you.Or are you just the normal  biased political thug?

Got carried away.

Buena cumple Señor Buhari y feliz navidad y mucho amor.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by sshalom(m): 11:14pm On Dec 17, 2010
Happy birthday to a man who has done his best in living above board; we can hardly say same of most of our so called leaders.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by engrddebo: 11:40pm On Dec 17, 2010
Buhari did smth gr8 2 for naija.his attitude;moslem for moslem,christian for christian is an eyesore.many happy returns to our able xpresido.
i 4got smth,cant all ds presidos sit up and say,i pledge to release all the money i gulped illiegally to the faithfulness of their fellow nigerians.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by cap28: 11:44pm On Dec 17, 2010
Buhari was involved in the slaughter of many igbo army officers and NCOs during the july 1966 coup along with the likes of IBB, sani abacha, TY Danjuma, murtala muhammed - he is a member of the hausa fulani oligarchy.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Beaf: 11:49pm On Dec 17, 2010
yinka85:

Got carried away.

Buena cumple Señor Buhari y feliz navidad y mucho amor.

You will be swept away next time.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by jasman1: 11:59pm On Dec 17, 2010
happy birthday my dear friend. as the head of stares, he made lots of mistakes like every other human being. i love this guy cause he has a vision for nigeria. i'm still against any retierd president from running again. he looks good for that age, happy birthday my friend
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by murtalaa(m): 12:00am On Dec 18, 2010
Able general. The chadians got a taste of his bile when they got greedy.

In 1983 Chadian soldiers invaded and took 19 islands in Lake Chad within Nigerian territory. The then Brigadier Buhari, who was the General Officer Commanding commanding the 3rd Armoured Division (which he did from November 1981 - December 1983) successfully carried out a blockade of Chad. After which all the territories were returned. The Nigerian Army under Buhari then pursued the Chadian Army as far as 50 km into Chadian territory.

I doff my woodland khaki hat to you sir! May God give you the gift of serving your dear county, again. Happy birthday.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Koikoi(m): 12:38am On Dec 18, 2010
cap28:

Buhari was involved in the slaughter of many igbo army officers and NCOs during the july 1966 coup along with the likes of IBB, sani abacha, TY Danjuma, murtala muhammed - he is a member of the hausa fulani oligarchy.

hmmmm tribal sentiments again? just wish the dude a happy bd or pass thru with no comments!
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by courage89(m): 12:39am On Dec 18, 2010
Happy birthday to Buhari,
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 18, 2010
Happy Birthday Sir
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by faithin9ja: 1:30am On Dec 18, 2010
@Murtalaa

In 1983 Chadian soldiers invaded and took 19 islands in Lake Chad within Nigerian territory. The then Brigadier Buhari, who was the General Officer Commanding commanding the 3rd Armoured Division (which he did from November 1981 - December 1983) successfully carried out a blockade of Chad. After which all the territories were returned. The Nigerian Army under Buhari then pursued the Chadian Army as far as 50 km into Chadian territory.

I doff my woodland khaki hat to you sir! May God give you the gift of serving your dear county, again. Happy birthday.

That is the best thing Buhari ever did !!! he was a paid soldier, paid to protect the nation with his life like any other soldier and I applaud him and other soldiers for that selfless service. He was not paid to carry out coups and suddenly think that because he carried a gun (paid for by tax payers money) that he and his cohorts had the right to overthrow an elected government no matter how good his intentions - if for any strange reason he becomes an elected president what will he do to suspected coup plotters?
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by murtalaa(m): 2:02am On Dec 18, 2010
^

good to know you at least acknowledge the fact that what he did was to save the country. In the same vein he unseat elected government to save the country from internal enemy when nigeria was heading for destruction. i would swap a corrupt politician for an honest military man any day.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by carsNcars: 2:07am On Dec 18, 2010
Happy Biirthday Sir. Nigeria needs men like you. even though u dont have mansions and heavy accts like other looting leaders, what u have is rest of mind which is the most important. Your people loves u.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by faithin9ja: 2:23am On Dec 18, 2010
I acknowledge any soldier who prepared to lay his life for the country Buhari included, that does not give any soldier the right to take over power - no matter how corrupt he may percieve the government of the day.

[li]My maiguard can protect my house and family, but I don't expect him to rule my house no matter how bad my wife might think I am.[/li]
[li]No country has benefited from military government, not one!!![/li]
[li]I always compare India and Pakistan. India has had successive bad civilian governments, with bad policies and violent elections but never had a military government, Pakistan (independence same time) has had successive civilian and military government too many to remember - which country is more developed and stable today.[/li]
[li]No Buhari coup in 1983, no IBB, no Abacha
[/li]]by 2010, NPN would [b]not[/b]be in power - with over 30 years of stable but 'even' bad democratic governments the country would be in better place today. OBJ with all his faults had more done than IBB in 9 years or Abacha in his 4 years.

So please move-on from all this benevolent dictator rubbish and the fact he has only 'one house'; left to this benevolent dictator you and I would not even have a forum like Nairaland to be discussing - Decree No4 would have arrested Seun long time ago.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Nicklee(m): 2:38am On Dec 18, 2010
Happy birthday to Mr. Integrity!!!
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Jakumo(m): 5:29am On Dec 18, 2010
A sour, embittered person who has made a career out of LOSING presidential elections and LOSING all court cases protesting those electoral losses will NEVER experience any quantifyable measure of happiness in their miserable life, so I will only wish Ayatollah Buhari further condolences on his upcoming 2011 electoral loss, and on the courtroom defeats that will inevitably follow.

We're so sorry, Uncle Buhari, but Nigeria will never become the Islamic terror state of your dreams. Not to worry though, that amputation law regime can be imposed in your goat-herding village, and for that you should be grateful. Have a nice day, and try some fire-water gin this year, just for kicks. You might like it enough to become dependent on it.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by OAM4J: 7:04am On Dec 18, 2010
Happy Birthday!
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Kobojunkie: 7:11am On Dec 18, 2010
Jakumo:

A sour, embittered person who has made a career out of LOSING presidential elections and LOSING all court cases protesting those electoral losses will NEVER experience any quantifyable measure of happiness in their miserable life, so I will only wish Ayatollah Buhari further condolences on his upcoming 2011 electoral loss, and on the courtroom defeats that will inevitably follow.

WOW . . . . you were actually happy that Yar adua rigged his way to power and the courts did nothing about that? You were happy the PDP rigged election after election for over a decade? shocked
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by poweredcom(m): 7:23am On Dec 18, 2010
WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE POSTING IRRELEVANT TOPIC, WHICH ONE COME CONCERN US WITHBUHARI HAPPY BIRTHDAY? KER!!!!!
IF IM LIKE MAKE IM REACH 101 YRS, NONE OF OUR FUCKING BUSINESS, WE DEY VEX PASS DEM
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Kobojunkie: 7:28am On Dec 18, 2010
^^^ I agree with you. Threads like this one irritate the heck out of me as I do not understand why we seem to care so much about the personal lives of these people who, on the most part, do not care the same for us.

Some people go as far as making the personal lives of these politicians theirs to guard, and will insult and probably kill to defend their god/ hero of a politician.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 18, 2010
poweredcom:

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE POSTING IRRELEVANT TOPIC, WHICH ONE COME CONCERN US WITHBUHARI HAPPY BIRTHDAY? KER!!!!!
IF IM LIKE MAKE IM REACH 101 YRS, NONE OF OUR bleeping  BUSINESS, WE DEY VEX PASS DEM
No matter how bad buhari may have come to be,he's still an elder stateman.the least you could do is wish him happy birthday and as for you ? Let me know when your birthday comes up,i will send you my regards.lol
Happy birthday mr buhari !
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Knight1(m): 8:00am On Dec 18, 2010
Happy Birthday to a disciplined leader.
He's got many wrong tactics but then, he's still a fantastic gentleman
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Remii(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2010
murtalaa:

Yea, and he did all that even before talking to Shagari, who was the C- in C.

FYI, Buhari's present wife, after the death of the first one is a born again christian, that should send a message to all those who think he is a religious fanatic, the guy is just blunt

Happy Birthday General.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by naijanig: 9:07am On Dec 18, 2010
From the House 45 TEAM, WE WISH YOU A HAPPY B/D SIR.
House 45, a dating Reality TV.
www.house45.tv
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2010
@ Kobojunkie
Why does it bother you that people acknowledge Buhari's birthday? Do these same people not also acknowledge the birthdays of 'googles', 'aisha2' and most other moderators and some users of NL, yet you do not complain about that.

All i'm saying is that before Buhari was a politician, before he was a soldier, he was born a human being like you and I, and as such should be treated as one. If it was the birthday of a star ex-footballer, i doubt you would complain.

@ Faithin9ja
I know your second point says currently no military government betters the country, i agree with this fact. On the other hand I plead with you to look at the case of Ghana. If you are not familiar with it, please just take 10 minutes of your time to look up the name 'Jerry Rawlings' in wikipedia. You will see that even a bloody military intervention can yield positive results.
Your writing tells me you abhore violence completely, but I think that is where we have different views. I'd rather fight the evil that uses the system to oppress me than sit down, suffering in silence indefinitely.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 18, 2010
Oh yea, I wish you a happy birthday and many more years to come General M. Buhari (retd.) kiss
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 18, 2010
happy birthday, general. people like you are in short supply these days.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Dapsiyo: 10:09am On Dec 18, 2010
Based on integrity, accuracy and experienced, Buhari still remian the best candidate among other contestants for Aso rock. I Wish him happy birthday and long life.
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by asoderock(m): 10:33am On Dec 18, 2010
Happy birthday man of INTEGRITY. Come to think of it, he is the most trusted current presidential aspirant, so why can't we all support him?
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by azeezengr(m): 10:41am On Dec 18, 2010
Anyplace in Nigeria as at this morning among the people jostling for The Presidential seat of FRN , Mohammad Buhari remains the best in term of Integrity, Experience, Vision, Passion, genuinely wishing Nigeria and Nigerians well. He is committed and he has done is part even if he 'fails'(I believe he was rigged out before) to win this time again, he must have try his best and he has promise he will leave us to continue with the battle unlike "do or die" OBJ, unlike", makes violence inevitable" Atiku, and "(A)MEND-ED" Jonathan who is being driven around by the expired "elders" like OBJ, CLARK and ANENIH as well as NEXT GARRISON COMMANDER OF OYO STATE POLITICS, my one and only AKALA-who claims No Nigeria without Jonathan. After all said, I wish my highly honored General Mohammad Buhari, prosperous years ahead and a good rest anytime the Lord calls him to Himself  
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Waduku(m): 11:05am On Dec 18, 2010
Happy Birth day to a rare gem dat always stand 4d truth.Wishin u d very best in ur political pursuit
Re: Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari by Waduku(m): 11:10am On Dec 18, 2010
Happy Birth day to a rare gem dat always stand 4d truth,Wishn u d very best in the yrs ahead,and in ur political pursuit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Will Disqualify Buhari Tomorrow. / OMG! See Photos Of Aridolf Hotel Owned By First Lady Patience Jonathan / Vivian Gist Is A Liar Looking For Cheap Popularity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.