Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? (1010 Views)

Is Lagos Really No Man's Land? / Lagos Really Deserve Far Better Than She Is Getting / Aso Rock Insists Ambode Is Lagos APC Candidate Against Tinubu's Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by manuelreports: 4:24pm On Feb 24, 2020
It is no doubt that Lagos is one of the richest state in Nigeria. It is no doubt that Lagos IGR is higher than that of all the 35 remaining states in Nigeria. But is Lagos worth the hype in the standard of living if the people?. I have heard stories like "once you come to Lagos, you will make it. ". " In Lagos a nobody will become somebody". Yes I know that Lagos have huge market every business man will like to be exposed to. In fact I am a testimony that you can come to Lagos with nothing and go with something.
But what of the millions of poor people i see everyday in the streets of Lagos. While have they not suddenly become rich?, while are they still jumping on top of train to save transport?, while are they still sleeping under bridge?, while are they still trekking miles to get to their price of work?, while are they ashamed of going back home because they have nothing to show for their years in Lagos?. Lagos is indeed a City filled with opportunities but it has its own challenges, Living in Lagos is for tough people who can withstand all kinds of challenges that associates living in a Mega City like Lagos such as traffic, high cost of living and environmental pollution.

In conclusion, in this age and time of Technology you don't literally need to be in Lagos to make it. You can make it any where you are in Nigeria. Moreover few years from now places like Abakaliki, Akawaibom, Awka, Owerri, Asaba, Port-Harcourt will be very attractive to live in, work and do business.

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 24, 2020
Lagozoo is an overrated shithole.

UnaToto

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by totit: 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2020
Well...

Every state, country, region, and even, almighty America has it's rural and or ghetto. cheesy

I lie

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by Afam4eva(m): 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2020
What HYPE are you referring to? You need to be specific.

Lagos remains the economic hub of Nigeria, with most jobs residing in the former capital of Nigeria. This is exactly the reason why people move from all over the country to live in Lagos.

Every other thing can be gotten elsewhere.

Whenever i travel to ENUGU or Calabar, i always actually consider living in those places because they're cool, clean and well thought out. As well as less stressful. But i can't just yet because everything i do nowadays revolves around Lagos.

For people to remain in a city like Lagos with all it's problems is a pointer that it may not be OVERATED.

4 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by Sonoyom(m): 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
your spelling of worth is not worth the hype.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by gtrust: 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
...worth...

Yes, Lagos is worth the hype!
Simple reason: there’s Nigeria’s busiest international airport, Nigerian busiest seaports, etc

Once other regions have these two (at least) then there will be competition

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by 0m0nnakoda: 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
manuelreports:
It is no doubt that Lagos is one of the richest state in Nigeria. It is no doubt that Lagos IGR is higher than that of all the 35 remaining states in Nigeria. But is Lagos worth the hype in the standard of living if the people?. I have heard stories like "once you come to Lagos, you will make it. ". " In Lagos a nobody will become somebody". Yes I know that Lagos have huge market every business man will like to be exposed to. In fact I am a testimony that you can come to Lagos with nothing and go with something.
But what of the millions of poor people i see everyday in the streets of Lagos. While have they not suddenly become rich?, while are they still jumping on top of train to save transport?, while are they still sleeping under bridge?, while are they still trekking miles to get to their price of work?, while are they ashamed of going back home because they have nothing to show for their years in Lagos?. Lagos is indeed a City filled with opportunities but it has its own challenges, Living in Lagos is for tough people who can withstand all kinds of challenges that associates living in a Mega City like Lagos such as traffic, high cost of living and environmental pollution.

In conclusion, in this age and time of Technology you don't literally need to be in Lagos to make it. You can make it any where you are in Nigeria. Moreover few years from now places like Abakaliki, Akawaibom, Awka, Owerri, Asaba, Port-Harcourt will be very attractive to live in, work and do business.
Another bitter obsessed Ibo

6 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by StreetFight: 4:48pm On Feb 24, 2020
Lagos is junk, yet you want to die in Lagos. Even when Tunde Fashola abducted several of you all over Lagos and dumped you at Upper Iweka at 2:00AM, in less than 15 minutes you have all jumped into the next avaiable trailer carrying cows to Lagos. As Yorubas pray to go to heaven, IPOB pray to go to Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by TheApologist: 5:06pm On Feb 24, 2020
To say Lagos is overhyped is an understatement. Despite the huge resource available to transform the state it keeps wallowing on the extreme of all indices of good living even when compared to other major cities in Nigeria let alone countries where things are truly working and that is why I believe Lagos state has being suffering a dearth of good leadership for a while now, because of these Lagosians tend to magnify any small developmental project carried out by the government while failing to realize the depth of their incompetence overall because they're too used to mediocre and bad leadership.
Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by manuelreports: 5:24pm On Feb 24, 2020
StreetFight:
Lagos is junk, yet you want to die in Lagos. Even when Tunde Fashola abducted several of you all over Lagos and dumped you at Upper Iweka at 2:00AM, in less than 15 minutes you have all jumped into the next avaiable trailer carrying cows to Lagos. As Yorubas pray to go to heaven, IPOB pray to go to Lagos.
Point of correction Lagos is not your father's Land, Compare Osun, Osogbo, Oyo with any State in the South East not Lagos which belongs to Edo people. The Last time I checked your bill people were drinking dirty mud water, a scenario you hardly encounter in any place in South East.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by 0m0nnakoda: 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
Why are Eboes so bitter

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 24, 2020
manuelreports:

Point of correction Lagos is not your father's Land, Compare Osun, Osogbo, Oyo with any State in the South East not Lagos which belongs to Edo people. The Last time I checked your bill people were drinking dirty mud water, a scenario you hardly encounter in any place in South East.
you said Lagos belongs to Edo people, when are they going to get their land back? Mr.

4 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by ursullalinda(f): 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2020
grin
Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by Naijiant: 7:55pm On Feb 24, 2020
Lagos is a case study in growth without development.
https://www.naijiant.com/articles/lagos-case-study-growth-without-development/
Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by jyz200(m): 7:58pm On Feb 24, 2020
Yet no state can beat Lagos hands down

Set awon haters
And they can do without lag

Set awon gala seller

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by wwwihy: 8:15pm On Feb 24, 2020
Lagos this ,Lagos that...
But the idiots regards Lagos as London...it is not worth the hype ,go back to your Landlock abandoned region

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by wwwihy: 8:17pm On Feb 24, 2020
manuelreports:

Tell me one king or political appointee that is from Edo presiding over affairs of Lagos?
Bitter souls always having inferiority complex about Yoruba.
Better be concerned why your people are economic refugees
Better be concerned that your five States combined cannot rival Ogun State IGR
Face your own problem for contributing the least VAT,CIT,GDP to the country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by manuelreports: 9:58pm On Feb 24, 2020
wwwihy:
Lagos this ,Lagos that...
But the idiots regards Lagos as London...it is not worth the hype ,go back to your Landlock abandoned region
Try and live in Europe for a year before defending Lagos where value of life is less than that of a cow.
Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 11, 2020
UnaToto:
Lagozoo is an overrated shithole.

UnaToto
compare to ur umudioka village abi
Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by Gabriel004: 11:00am On Mar 11, 2020
manuelreports:

You are pained. Today you say bini land, tomorrow you say no man's land, next tomorrow, ijaw land. Don't you see how confused?

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by RapistOnBail: 11:12am On Mar 11, 2020

Same as going to USA, UK, CANADA, CHINA, DUBAI, LAGOS, ABUJA, CHAD, TOGO, MALI and you expect to make it big grin

Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by REALHEAVEN: 11:41am On Mar 11, 2020
[s]
IWTBAB:
compare to ur umudioka village abi
[/s]

U get sense at all?
Re: Is Lagos Really Worth The Hype? by 0m0nnakoda: 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2020
0m0nnakoda:
Another bitter obsessed Ibo

(1) (Reply)

Mr Ken Umunakwe Onoh Uses His Power As ECTDA Commissioner For Personal Vendetta. / Former PDP Chairman Involved In A Motor Accident / Prof. Kimse Okoko Dies Few Months After Mourning His Son Keniebi Okoko (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.