Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,128 members, 7,829,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction (21352 Views)

Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded / Okada Restriction In Lagos: Sanwoolu Is On The Side Of The Law And Has Done Well / Sowore's Party, AAC Records Massive Wins Over PDP In Two Rivers LGAs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by dangotesmummy: 5:44am On Feb 25, 2020
You see

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 5:46am On Feb 25, 2020
Gosh,of course reduced numbers of event is likely to result in reduced numbers of occurrence undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by anonimi: 5:48am On Feb 25, 2020
spinna:
Good report for once..
But what about the roads themselves

Let us ask Sanwo-Ole and his JagaBandit godfather who has stashed the money in his bullion vans.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-zqRp-hKMDZg/VkVuXUIk2bI/AAAAAAACKZY/JQWnkan_iQI/s640/fashola%2Btinubu%2Bsmile.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8362681_fbimg1545411727354_jpegee3090bce26c7088d0f17dc67fd5e704

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by rovher: 5:56am On Feb 25, 2020
ursullalinda:
Personally Okada should remain banned......But they should please consider keke.....or an alternative......these days I drive to both relevant and irrelevant places
I swear down ...
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by Goldencheese(m): 6:08am On Feb 25, 2020
grin grin grin
Na sooo.

ursullalinda:
Personally Okada should remain banned......But they should please consider keke.....or an alternative......these days I drive to both relevant and irrelevant places

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by misreal(m): 6:14am On Feb 25, 2020
Actually when the government of cross river state banned okada, i noticed the level of accident dropped.
I really noticed it.
So whenever i travel to places where they use okada, i wont enter it.i prefer keke

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by Cantonese: 6:15am On Feb 25, 2020
Naturally that's what to expect.

May I just ask if the Hausa/Fulani riders along Badagry road lords of their own? Is Badagry road not part of the banned roads? The whole length of the road starting from Orile is completely overrun by these people and the citizens seem totally helpless. Our Police watch them without taking actions to preserve the law banning them. The traffic along that axis is worsened by the nuisance behaviour of these aboki okada riders.

Since the ban there has been total peace in Lagos but we seen the daring ones around Ipaja/Dopemu areas coming out. Trekking has reduced as water has found its level.

It appears like the ban was placed on supposedly big men areas. Please there should be total ban in the whole of Lagos. Those who live in Ikotun - Igando have been having serious issues with the Hausa/Fulani who have taken their bikes there.

Government please ban these people in the whole length and breath of Lagos. Anyone who disagrees with this must be selfish and wicked.

This Okada mode of transportation started in the then rural areas in Lagos in the 80s with government looking the other way. Now people have embraced the rubbish and don't want it to stop.

Mega cities all over the world do not have okadas neither do they have irresponsible unions like NURTW. The union must be banned, danfos must be banned as Ambode originally planned and then sanity and peace would be restored on Lagos roads.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by alezzy13: 6:16am On Feb 25, 2020
Well the reduction in accidents is welcome, but they should urgently seek out alternatives.

Was in Lagos over the weekend and didn't find it funny. Ikeja to Opebi and you have to wait for buses . . .
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by alezzy13: 6:18am On Feb 25, 2020
Cantonese:
Naturally that's what to expect.

May I just ask if the Hausa/Fulani riders along Badagry road lords of their own? Is Badagry road not part of the banned roads? The whole length of the road starting from Orile is completely overrun by these people and the citizens seem totally helpless. Our Police watch them without taking actions to preserve the law banning them. The traffic along that axis is worsened by the nuisance behaviour of these aboki okada riders.

Since the ban there has been total peace in Lagos but we seen the daring ones around Ipaja/Dopemu areas coming out. Trekking has reduced as water has found its level.

It appears like the ban was placed on supposedly big men areas. Please there should be total ban in the whole of Lagos. Those who live in Ikotun - Igando have been having serious issues with the Hausa/Fulani who have taken their bikes there.

Government please ban these people in the whole length and breath of Lagos. Anyone who disagrees with this must be selfish and wicked.

This Okada mode of transportation started in the then rural areas in Lagos in the 80s with government looking the other way. Now people have embraced the rubbish and don't want it to stop.

Mega cities all over the world do not have okadas neither do they have irresponsible unions like NURTW. The union must be banned, danfos must be banned as Ambode originally planned and then sanity and peace would be restored on Lagos roads.

Ban okada, ban danfo. Then what do Lagosians use? Uber??
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 25, 2020
Massive drop in Okada accident? This is hilarious. Wont there drop before? Abi spiritual okada still dey ply the roads?
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by Nobody: 6:26am On Feb 25, 2020
I thought they keep telling us that ACCIDENTS are SPIRITUALLY manipulated.
Let the same EVIL SPIRITS relocate to vehicles in LAGOS HOLD UPs and find suitable hosts. grin grin..

Until we start reviewing how we live our daily lives as HUMANS in Africa we will never move forward.
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by Ingold(m): 6:27am On Feb 25, 2020
budaatum:
It is actually funny that banned okada cannot have accident lol!

God Bless you plenty. Some people that don't understand English will come and be hailing them now . How can you sack me from work and still lament that I am absent?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by ChinoElects: 6:28am On Feb 25, 2020
Very good
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:30am On Feb 25, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:
I still entered Okada from Iyana Ipaja to Oshodi yesterday morning.
Journey of two one hour with traffic reduced to 10minutes.
That's the essence.
You must be one of a fan of something must kill a man
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by dazzlingd(m): 6:30am On Feb 25, 2020
Thank you Sanwo Olu
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by texazzpete(m): 6:49am On Feb 25, 2020
I mean, without bikes on the roads, it stands to reason that yes, you’d have fewer bike accidents. But that’s no reason to ban it. After all, nobody’s calling for a complete ban on cars in Lagos to prevent vehicle accidents.
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by Dpharisee: 6:57am On Feb 25, 2020
9jaRealist:

Okada is NOT banned...

Okada is restricted in 6 LGAs (16 LCDAs) out of 37 LGAs (57 LCDAs) in Lagos State....
That there's been such a SIGNIFICANT effect (far more than simply a proportional result) validates the policy!
>
Lagos does not have 37 LGA's undecided
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by BigIyanga: 7:31am On Feb 25, 2020
ursullalinda:
Miss Billionaire.. hope you’re paying your maid/gateman/cleaner N30k... those need okada to survive
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by TruthSpeaker: 7:38am On Feb 25, 2020
THIS IS VERY EXCITING. AFTER BANNING OKADA, WHO EXPECTED TECHNICALLY INEXISTENT OKADA ACCIDENTS TO INCREASE? IT IS JUST LIKE CELEBRATING LOWER BIRTH RATE AMONGST WOMEN THAT HAVE ATTAINED MENOPAUSE. LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT IS A JOKE INDEED.
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by dandadee: 7:38am On Feb 25, 2020
As a trainee trauma surgeon, I need lots of hands on to perfect my skills #bringourokadaback
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by BreconHills(m): 8:04am On Feb 25, 2020
Neurotika:
"The Lagos State Government has affirmed that there has been a massive drop in the rate of fatal accidents involving commercial motorcycles". Lol. It's like saying there has been no plane crash since the ban on airplanes. A no brainer.

I don't understand this government's specific kind of stupidity but I do admire their total commitment to it.

Stupidity? Really?

Perhaps you should know that okada still ply off highway roads. The drop in deaths is therefore not due to to the absence of okada but rather a reduction in accidents between okada and fast moving vehicles and trailers. Reduce the encounter, reduce the death rate. I am sure you know the difference between speed limits on highways and residential areas as well as the difference between the types of vehicles commonly found on each.

All of which makes your comment quite curious.
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by StreetFight: 8:04am On Feb 25, 2020
Neurotika:
"The Lagos State Government has affirmed that there has been a massive drop in the rate of fatal accidents involving commercial motorcycles". Lol. It's like saying there has been no plane crash since the ban on airplanes. A no brainer.

I don't understand this government's specific kind of stupidity but I do admire their total commitment to it.

Go back to your village and continue doing your Okada riding job there. Or were you sent to come and kill all Lagosians with Okada accident? Go back to your village.
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by obi58: 8:10am On Feb 25, 2020
9jaRealist:

Okada is NOT banned...

Okada is restricted in 6 LGAs (16 LCDAs) out of 37 LGAs (57 LCDAs) in Lagos State....
That there's been such a SIGNIFICANT effect (far more than simply a proportional result) validates the policy!
>

Foolishness. What's the job of government other than to regulate? Why can't Okada and kekes be regulated with all the Police, LASTMA, KAI, Road safety, and even Amotekun on the road?
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by wwwihy: 8:13am On Feb 25, 2020
budaatum:
It is actually funny that banned okada cannot have accident lol!

Okada and Keke are not banned, but restricted
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by wwwihy: 8:16am On Feb 25, 2020
obi58:

Foolishness. What's the job of government other than to regulate? Why can't Okada and kekes be regulated with all the Police, LASTMA, KAI, Road safety, and even Amotekun on the road?
You sound confused... what is regulation ? Government enacted a law , then enforced the law. What regulation do you want again?
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by Coolcalmcollect(m): 8:33am On Feb 25, 2020
this report is so foolish and stupid, it's like banning noodles and after a month saying there has been a reduction in noodles consumption....isnt this govt mad like dis? we're askiNg alternative means of transportation you're saying fewer people have died from using what you banned. Feb is almost over and yet no plan, e ma sofo ni
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by Cantonese: 8:34am On Feb 25, 2020
alezzy13:

Ban okada, ban danfo. Then what do Lagosians use? Uber??

No do not misunderstand it friend. Government first must take charge of the transport sector. Governments needs to strengthen Lagos state transport service. Many buses are needed to cover Lagos. Train service and water transport must be effective to meet the demands of the citizens. These are non negotiable. With danfo we are witnessing the negative effect of abdication of its responsibility by government.

Danfos are nuisances and must all be cleared off our streets. My friend the confidence and ill mannerisms of NURTW members would vanish.

Taxis have always been there as they are in other parts of the world. Do you find them consituting nuisances? Same goes for Uber. They are meant for those who can afford them.
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by obi58: 8:56am On Feb 25, 2020
wwwihy:

You sound confused... what is regulation ? Government enacted a law , then enforced the law. What regulation do you want again?

You are the one confused.

Why ban instead of regulate?

Enforcing outright ban is just plain laziness
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by Buffalo2(m): 9:08am On Feb 25, 2020
Ogun State should follow IMMEDIATELY starting from Sango-Ota axis cos those driven out of Lagos are trooping there on hourly basis and perpetrating all forms of crime from bag snatching to armed robbery

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by Horus(m): 9:12am On Feb 25, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwzwptITojo

Lagos Records Massive Drop in Fatal Accidents after Restriction of Okada
Re: Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 9:34am On Feb 25, 2020
WHICH OKADA RESTRICTION NO BE THE SAME LAGOS I DEY, ABEG MAKE I HEAR WORD

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shekarau Will Decide On Defection This Week –spokesperson / Fresh Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASAN Sets To Go On Strike / Bankole Defects To SDP, We're Unmoved - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.