Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified (14203 Views)

APC Backs Governors On Naira Redesign Policy - Abdullahi Adamu / Alleged Sabotage: Sagay Backs Tinubu, Says Somebody Is Playing Underhand Game / APC Backs Sanwo-Olu On Abolition Of Pension Payment To Tinubu, Fashola, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by adebayo3449(m): 4:27am On Feb 25, 2020
The All Progressives Congress in Lagos State has said the resourcefulness, commitment and pedigree of the party’s National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, put in him in good stead to lead the country in 2023.

This was stated in Lagos on Monday during a press briefing to unveil the three newly-elected state executive members, Lanre Ogunyemi (Secretary), Mr Seye Oladejo (Publicity Secretary), and Mrs Abimbola Ladigbolu (Assistant Legal Adviser).

Fielding questions on whether Tinubu had briefed the state leadership of the party on his rumoured presidential aspiration, Ogunyemi, who is the party’s secretary, said the former governor was eminently qualified and had a right to aspire to be president in 2023.

Ogunyemi said, “Tinubu has all it takes to lead this country and he has all the fundamental rights as a Nigerian to aspire. It’s now left for Nigerians to accept or not. It’s now left for the party to decide who they want as the presidential candidate come 2023.

“Whether he has briefed us or not on his aspiration, whether he is expressing any body language, whether people are against it or not, we are sure that he has everything to lead this nation.”

Source: https://punchng.com/2023-lagos-apc-backs-tinubu-says-ex-gov-qualified/

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by RaptObserver: 4:29am On Feb 25, 2020
Noise. History has taught us that those who re minding their businesses in one corner are usually chosen by the kingmakers to be president. So Tinubu knows he is just being deceived. But if he does not know, then he doesn't know national politics like we had thought. Watch out for a quiet and strange fellow showing up at the eleventh hour like the late Ya'ardua... I mean Umaru Musa.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by helinues: 4:35am On Feb 25, 2020
Which of the Lagos Apc oo..

May be Tinubu for president of Iragabi....

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by ursullalinda(f): 4:43am On Feb 25, 2020
So he can auction Nigeria out......kolework......he should ride on with his south west looting.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by orisa37: 4:54am On Feb 25, 2020
What about Osinbajo? His experience under this Fulani man cannot be quantified. A lot of Corruption have gone on in the Presidency. God, Himself, is bringing him back to set up a Truth and Rights Commission to settle NIGERIA. Tinubu is no Match to Osinbajo.

El Rufai is very ambitious. Only Osinbajo can take him.

Tinubu will liquidate YORUBA LAND faster.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by Nobody: 5:41am On Feb 25, 2020
Nigerian politics is too expensive, eventually we would be left with the extremely rich money bags scrambling for the position, while leaving a generation of looters aspiring for the position in the future, because the right leaders cannot afford to throw such hard earned monies away.

At the end of the day, we are running in circles

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by celeiyke: 5:52am On Feb 25, 2020
Drug Lord with forged certificates!!! Goodluck to them

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by segebase(m): 6:11am On Feb 25, 2020
I prefer fashola to this mam

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by Abdul05: 6:12am On Feb 25, 2020
As long as he is not an Ibo man tinubu is accepted.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by SciLab: 6:17am On Feb 25, 2020
Dr Ogbonnaya Onu for 2023. Intelligent man who has been around since ANPP days.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by CarlosTheJackal: 6:34am On Feb 25, 2020
Lagos Apc can install Tinubu as the President of Lagos state then

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by seunmsg(m): 6:43am On Feb 25, 2020
SciLab:
Dr Ogbonnaya Kanu for 2023. Intelligent man who has been around since ANPP days.

You don’t even know the name of the person you want to support grin grin grin

Anyway, Ogbonnaya Onu is welcome on board. Ngige and Rochas can also join the contest. What is important is that all interested southerners will be allowed to contest for the party’s presidential ticket and party members will decide.

10 Likes

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by Nobody: 6:44am On Feb 25, 2020
No one can do it better like Tinubu

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by ican2020: 6:47am On Feb 25, 2020
Nigeria is finished

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by Mintek: 6:52am On Feb 25, 2020
Delusion of grandeur.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by SciLab: 6:52am On Feb 25, 2020
seunmsg:

You don’t even know the name of the person you want to support grin grin grin

Anyway, Ogbonnaya Onu is welcome on board. Ngige and Rochas can also join the contest. What is important is that all interested southerners will be allowed to contest for the party’s presidential ticket and party members will decide.

It's good you know him better than I do in your party. So support him and make sure he wins in the interest of southern cohesion which you claim to promote.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by seunmsg(m): 6:58am On Feb 25, 2020
SciLab:

It's good you know him better than I do in your party. So support him and make sure he wins in the interest of southern cohesion which you claim to promote.

Why should I support him? I’m supporting Prof. Yemi Osinbajo to succeed PMB. If he’s not running, Tinubu gets my support automatically. If Osinbajo and Tinubu are not running, I will gladly support Rochas. Onu doesn’t have the national appeal to be president.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by SciLab: 7:05am On Feb 25, 2020
seunmsg:

Why should I support him? I’m supporting Prof. Yemi Osinbajo to succeed PMB. If he’s not running, Tinubu gets my support automatically. If Osinbajo and Tinubu are not running, I will gladly support Rochas. Onu doesn’t have the national appeal to be president.

But na Tinubu get appeal? You want to Islamize the country by putting Tinubu and another northerner on a muslim/muslim ticket in a country where Christians are more than 52% of the total population?

Joker! You never ready! Keep deceiving yourself with your new found love for 'southen region'.

Are you guys even southeners? Abi no be westerners una dey claim after 2015 elections? grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by seunmsg(m): 7:14am On Feb 25, 2020
SciLab:

But na Tinubu get appeal? You want to Islamize the country by putting Tinubu and another northerner on a muslim/muslim ticket in a country where Christians are more than 52% of the total population?

Joker! You never ready! Keep deceiving yourself with your new found love for 'southen region'.

Are you guys even southeners? Abi no be westerners una dey claim after 2015 elections? grin

Tinubu is not even my first choice but he’s the only one you picked out to abuse. The contest has not even started and you are already shamelessly playing the religion card.

See, APC is not the only political party in Nigeria, we also have PDP. Good enough, Igbos have more stake in PDP than any region. While south western candidates like Bode George will contest for PDP presidential ticket, I urge Igbo candidates to also do the same. About time you guys stop hiding behind Atiku’s Fulani ass.

13 Likes

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by SciLab: 7:17am On Feb 25, 2020
seunmsg:

Tinubu is not even my first choice but he’s the only one you picked out to abuse. The contest has not even started and you are already shamelessly playing the religion card.

See, APC is not the only political party in Nigeria, we also have PDP. Good enough, Igbos have more stake in PDP than any region. While south western candidates like Bode George will contest for PDP presidential ticket, I urge Igbo candidates to also do the same. About time you guys stop hiding behind Atiku’s Fulani ass.

Religion cannot be seperated from Nigerian politics, no matter how you want to wish it away. Not with Islamists and shariaists breathing down our necks.

So yes, we have the right to play the religion card, it is hardwired into national politics and you have benefited from it previously.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by Maxymilliano(m): 7:23am On Feb 25, 2020
adebayo3449:

Ogunyemi said, “Tinubu has all it takes to lead this country and he has all the fundamental rights as a Nigerian to aspire. It’s now left for Nigerians to accept or not. It’s now left for the party to decide who they want as the presidential candidate come 2023.

Yes, Tinubu has all it takes to put Nigerians into bullion van, and nobody will talk.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by Lyoncrescent: 7:48am On Feb 25, 2020
Interesting. 2023 may be tricky. A friend of mine was saying yesterday that 2023 may go the North . What elrufai said may be a smokescreen.His analysis was as follows:

Obasanjo 8 Years
Yaradua 3 Years
Goodluck 5 Years
Buhari 8 Years(Till 2023)
Total 24 years

After SIx cycles of Four years each by the end of 2023 , South will have spent 13 years with North having spent 11 years.

Now lets assume a southerner wins in 2023 and rules for two terms which makes 8 years then south will have 21 years compared to North having 11 years by the end of 2031.

I personally believe for the stability of Nigeria the presidency for 2023 should be ceeded to the south by both major parties but with politicians you never know. If its ceeded to the south, People will rise up again and say Obasanjo was christian then Yaradua Muslim then Goodluck christian then BUhari Mulsim then Tinubu Muslim ? SO much that divides us.

2023 will make or break Nigeria and the body language or who buhari supports will play a huge role. FInally, Never ever underestimate the Kaduna Mafia. Jagaban is a learner where this MAfia dey o. They have been running things for over 5 decades from the 1966 coup to the MKO Abiola situation

Interesting times.

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by emeijeh(m): 7:48am On Feb 25, 2020

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by Simplebeauty: 7:48am On Feb 25, 2020
cheesy

one governor in SW said there might not be APC by 2023 How Tinubu wan take become President? grin

Please tell your friends to tell a friend that I give cheap loans

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by ednut1(m): 7:48am On Feb 25, 2020
cheesy wont happen

1 Like

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by 4four(m): 7:48am On Feb 25, 2020
Who una de expect them to supports b4?
Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by superlanny(m): 7:48am On Feb 25, 2020
As a yoruba man, I am highly against tinubu as a choice for president.
It's either osinbajo or nothing, Tinubu is old and crooked, we don't want a president that will be a puppet for overzealous and wicked people.
The day Tinubu becomes president, I dust my passport and zoom off to Kenya.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by lordkrys(m): 7:48am On Feb 25, 2020
Na so
Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by Schoogital: 7:49am On Feb 25, 2020
ok

--------------------------------------
If you want to develop a website for your business, startup or Organization then you are at the right place!!

Look at my signature below
Re: 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified by ArmaniUhuru: 7:49am On Feb 25, 2020
Nigerians just enjoy suffering. That is the fact. If not, how can anyone be suggesting Tinubu for president.

Do you have rabies?

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Holiday Bonanza: Reps Cry Foul Over Exclusion / Racist British Woman Captured On Videotape / Five Boko Haram bombers arrested in Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.