Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group (7773 Views)

Jonathan Transition Team Trickish – Buhari Campaign Group / No Link Between Buhari, Boko Haram – Jonathan Campaign Group / Jonathan Campaign Bus And Hilux Set On Fire At Suleja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by k9ine(m): 8:53pm On Dec 19, 2010
I am not surprised, IBB doesnt wanna ome back to Aso Rock. He didnt cntest against OBJ. He pulled out so Yaradua could pick the ticket. Now seeing the WIN-WIN situations (it is becoming evident that GEJ will pick the PDP ticket, however should the north succeed with their ethnic/zoning tactics, GEJ would be forced to join ACN, there, Ribadu would be urged to step down for his boss, GBAM!) for GEJ, IBB wanna joint GEJ's train. This is pure and good tactics from and for him.
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by PastorOla1: 10:54pm On Dec 19, 2010
This what I call politics of one leg in, one leg out. the politics of never put all your egg in one basket
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by BigB11(m): 11:06pm On Dec 19, 2010
Being quiet is not the same as being weak and dumb dumb. When you're forced to contest for any position, when you're forced to travel to Ibadan to celebrate Akala's 60th birthday, when you're forced to ban Green eagles before clearly understanding what was on the ground, and you're forced to reverse most of your final decision, it clearly means you're not a leader.

Nigeria needs a leader that has the capability to express himself or herself effectively. Uncle Jo and his wife need to move back home (down south), where nobody cares about how they handle themselves.

There is a leader, a follower and a joker.
I do not know where to place uncle Jo and his estrange wife, but something is certain, uncle Jo isn't a leader Nigeria needs at this point.
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by mrofficial(m): 12:40am On Dec 20, 2010
^^^ GEJ is too wise then. Make una dey talk truth.
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by lastpage: 1:01am On Dec 20, 2010
I think there is a very "THIN LINE" between being a "coward" and being "flexible"!

Granted, Uncle GEJ has "reversed" himself a couple of times BUT lets look at it from another angle:

What would you have made of him if, in all those cases of reversal that you mentioned, he has been RIGID and failed to reverse himself in the light of  "NEW FACTS"? silly and Silly, right?  wink wink grin

Again, lets look at his "past antecedents".

Look at events that played-out before he became substantive President.
Do you remember for example, how that "Soja" stood behind the empty "Presidential Seat" (where GEJ was supposed to sit!), with a Rifle, openly displayed? Remember what that "unspoken" message was?

I think in the light of how he ascended the throne, he needs to be so wary as to be likened to "A CAT"!

Cats appear docile, lazy and even afraid but you only need to corner them to know how "wickedly brave and dangerous" they are!  grin grin

In summary, he is operating from a "weak position". He cannot afford any "gra-gra" until he is really sure who he's real enemies are, who the "snakes' are (especially in the Nigeria Armed Forces), who the "players" are and those he must do "Baba/Ranka dede/Onyinshi" to!  grin wink

But at times, l think we are too eager to condemn these Jonathan and we seem to be underestimating his capabilities!

Truly, he must have read two books: THE ART OF WAR!  and THE PRINCE (Machiavelli) shocked shocked

BTW: what is that gist about "his estranged wife" in that your post?
Dont estrange any wife now, abegi! grin

Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by sweet9ja: 1:24am On Dec 20, 2010
Don't read too much meaning to this, it's just politics as usual. Are they not all members of PDP?
Remember the last Democratic presidential primaries in the US? Obama and Clinton fought to the bitter end. However, when she realised he has the numbers, she did not only join forces with him, she advised her supporters to swing behind Obama.
IBB and his supporters may have realised the Jonathan/Sambo ticket is more realistic hence the change of heart.
It only a fool who will want to team up with a loser.
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by sweet9ja: 1:30am On Dec 20, 2010
Don't read too much meaning to this, it's just politics as usual. Are they not all members of PDP?
Remember the last Democratic presidential primaries in the US? Obama and Clinton fought to the bitter end. However, when she realised he has the numbers, she did not only join forces with him, she advised her supporters to swing behind Obama.
IBB and his supporters may have realised the Jonathan/Sambo ticket is more realistic hence the change of heart.
It only a fool who will want to team up with a loser.
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by ladej(m): 1:49am On Dec 20, 2010
k9ine:

I am not surprised, IBB doesnt wanna ome back to Aso Rock. He didnt cntest against OBJ. He pulled out so Yaradua could pick the ticket. Now seeing the WIN-WIN situations (it is becoming evident that GEJ will pick the PDP ticket, however should the north succeed with their ethnic/zoning tactics, GEJ would be forced to join ACN, there, Ribadu would be urged to step down for his boss, GBAM!) for GEJ, IBB wanna joint GEJ's train. This is pure and good tactics from and for him.
so why did he contest? pray tell please
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by hollars(m): 8:55am On Dec 20, 2010
POLITICS AND POLITHIEFIANS, na wa ooo,
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by softgirl1: 9:21am On Dec 20, 2010
if u can't beat dem u join dem grin
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by Goldenmeda(m): 9:49am On Dec 20, 2010
ok, u re' all welcome to my party
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by apoti(m): 11:08am On Dec 20, 2010
"Russian" spies in "US" camp  : shocked undecided sad
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by sirt1(m): 1:17pm On Dec 20, 2010
Very soon, IBB himself will become Director General, GEJ Campaign Organization., lol
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by TplenT(m): 2:21pm On Dec 20, 2010
I hope dat no one will be so naive to believe this story.the other day,it was some members of goodluck campaign decamping to the atiku group.now its d other way round.obviously,these people are just paid noisemakers
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by namdo(m): 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2010
the NOligarky are actually running out of ideas and persons. the end of that negative domination is at sight. cool
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by Emmy3(m): 7:54pm On Dec 20, 2010
Big B1:

At this point, the last thing Nigeria needs is a weak and a dumb dumb leader.

If you truly know uncle Jo, you'll clearly understand why Nigeria can not afford to have him as our leader. Making decision in general isn't compatible with Uncle Goodluck.
His wife is even tougher.

Furthermore, if there is anything promising about Uncle Jo, I think he should have used the few months @ the Aso Rock to send message or redefine himself to the great people of Nigeria.
But it is what it is,you just don't ask a rat to give birth to a lion. The last time I checked, it was impossible and it still is.

I presume you have your own selfish motives for condeming GEJ,

GEJ is not that weak ooh, , just watch out if he losses the election.
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by wallex1983(m): 10:27pm On Dec 20, 2010
atiku should go and start preparing for 2072 elections.
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by Oloriode: 11:11pm On Dec 20, 2010
This is a bait thrown by the evil geneous to catch his prey.
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by Andon: 11:54am On Dec 21, 2010
With or without IBB's support for Goodluck, victory is still for him, what are they upto?
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by idifu(m): 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2010
it's no news to me i aint surprised it's typical 4 Naija politicians 2 be hopin from one political bed to anoda they are prostitutes
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by olubodavid: 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2010
That a good news of GEJ, am sure atiku should know he's on his own by now
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by SkillJed(m): 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2010
jonathan should beware
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by Fhemmmy: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2010
Let the fun begin
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by Henwarin(m): 4:48pm On Dec 24, 2010
The divine power behind the success of GEJ is even beyond his comprehension, how much less his opposition.The faster they realize this fact and try to make amends and right their wrongs, the better for them, otherwise they they shall see the vital signs from divine wisdom personally to make them reconsider their stands. IBB is wise after all.
Re: IBB Group Joins Jonathan Campaign Group by tunde247: 9:36am On Dec 25, 2010
ibbbbbbbb

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! / Benue Farmers Sue Fulani Herdsmen For N100bn / Akpabio Lost His Senatorial Seat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.