Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,585 members, 7,861,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:27 PM

Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government (21873 Views)

Video Of Jonathan's Visit To Buhari In Aso Rock Has Emerged / Governorship Election: PDP Woos Ambode / Patience & Goodluck Jonathan Visit Femi Fani-Kayode Triplets Ragnar, Aiden, Liam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by lexrichy(m): 7:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
Do not forget that until Oshiomhole came into the scene, Edo was one of the traditional strongholds of the PDP. grin
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by simple250: 7:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
And oshiomole went to woo wike on sunday during thanks giving service .

1 Share

Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by odigbosky(m): 7:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
PDP has never lost Edo in any presidential election go check the record. Edo voters are very enlightened and they don't vote anyhow. Oshiomole will see wonders. He will be shocked at how Obaseki will fare in the election. The only candidate against Obaseki is ize iyamu not because he is popular amongst the people but because he is popular amongst local politicians
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by bizhop01: 7:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
All the governors in Nigeria learn from Lagos error
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by DennisEche(m): 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oshobaba is gone, Obaseki is the real deal. The aso rock cabals are behind him, to hell with osho
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by eyinola: 7:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
Some people don't even know meaning of wooed grin
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by akdjr(m): 7:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
PDP are always waiting for an APC member to decamp so they can give him ticket.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Enwhen(m): 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2020
Truthbites:
According to Osagie, former President Goodluck Jonathan was in Edo State to thank Chief Gabriel Igbenedion for the Doctorate Degree awarded to him by the Okada University.

I disagree and disbelieve. Why didn't GEJ thank Igbinedion on phone. Gej visit na to woo Obaseki. We ain't fools

Obaseki is forcefully in charge of APC in Edo State backed by the majority and APC Governors forum apart from 2 Governors and the almighty Obasekis and Igbinedions families, also the Oba of Benin, it will be madness for Obaseki to move to the PDP , should he tries it, Chai, I will also celebrate with Oshobaba...
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Truthbites: 7:47pm On Feb 25, 2020
Kasalee001:

"On the phone" brother please grow up , there are alot of things that are beyond phone call.

So Jonathan came all the way to thank Igbinedion for the award given to him last year? Clap for yourself. I go remind u this statement during Edo election / decamping time
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Iyiataata92: 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Obaseki has defeated Oshiomhole hands down already, so why will he join a PDP that died the day Ize Iyamu left?
Defeated Oshiomole hands down? Joke of the new decade. And trust, its a funny joke
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Iyiataata92: 7:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
Truthbites:

So Jonathan came all the way to thank Igbinedion for the award given to him last year? Clap for yourself. I go remind u this statement during Edo election / decamping time
He can thank him anytime he likes, and via any means

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by IME1: 7:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
I think people just throw words like hand grenades and walk away

While other scamper to catch it or detonate it

Is this the first time Obaseki is meeting with a PDP person?

He might have well have decamped long ago if not for his relationship with GMB.

The same way the former Ogun state governor was at logger heads with his state's APC and fielded a candidate from another party, whereas retained his relationship with GMB
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by EsomahJD: 7:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
Obaseki is winning

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by IME1: 7:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
simple250:
And oshiomole went to woo wike on sunday during thanks giving service .

Abi oh
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Amuluonyenaego: 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:
cool

wooed to his doom

I hope Jonathan also teaches him how to gallantly accept defeat

even if he likes let him arm all edo cultist, lock up State House of Assembly, Demolish Kabaka's hotel, demolish Ibori's house with C of O, he can aswell demolish every oppositions building, or launder $2million usd to paris.. even if he blocks Oshiomhole's house with refuse truck or burn APC rally ground to prevent Ize Iyamu mega rally....
No matter what he does, the moment the usual Yeastern lossers, Ndi marginalization and Develobuse support him like they supported Saraki, Dino Melaye , Onoghen and many more then he is gone..

This one na core APC store rat
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by itsme01: 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
Amuluonyenaego:

This one na core APC store rat

says the guy whose name sounds like a southeastern oracle and herbalist that PDP consults
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Godons1: 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:
cool

wooed to his doom

even if he likes let him arm all edo cultist, lock up State House of Assembly, Demolish Kabaka's hotel, demolish Ibori's house with C of O, he can aswell demolish every oppositions building, or launder $2million usd to paris.. even if he blocks Oshiomhole's house with refuse truck or burn APC rally ground to prevent Ize Iyamu mega rally....
No matter what he does, the moment the usual Yeastern lossers, Ndi marginalization and Develobuse support him like they supported Saraki, Dino Melaye , Onoghen and many more then he is gone..

God bless you.

Obaşeki's days as a Governor are numbered. He will be booted out by September.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
Enwhen:

Obaseki is forcefully in charge of APC in Edo State backed by the majority and APC Governors forum apart from 2 Governors and the almighty Obasekis and Igbinedions families, also the Oba of Benin, it will be madness for Obaseki to move to the PDP , should he tries it, Chai, I will also celebrate with Oshobaba...
The Oba of Benin is not backing anybody for the elections. Politicians, you guys should stop your devisive politics and stop telling lies. If you need to tell a lie to sell your guy then you are admitting defeat already.
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Enwhen(m): 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2020
ghostwon:
The Oba of Benin is not backing anybody for the elections. Politicians, you guys should stop your devisive politics and stop telling lies. If you need to tell a lie to sell your guy then you are admitting defeat already.

Who is my guy ? , Obaseki ?,

See Bro, don't be emotional about it, Oba of Benin is with the Obasekis... I know u don't know the Obasekis of Benin... Apart from the Igbinedions, no family is bigger than them... I don't support any party , I hurstle.for myself , I stand to gain nothing from any them, but the truth is that the OBa of Benin is with the Obaseki, just like the Emir of Kano with the Kwankwasiya...should Obaseki moves to the PDP, and Oshobaba won , u will see Kano part 2 in Benin, but I don't it , if Oshomole can try that.... If it was the day of the former Oba of Benin, he doesn't move out of Benin , anybody that wants to see him must come to Benin , except on a traditional occasion...but this present Oba of Benin, is different... Oshobaba cannot win Obaseki in this fight, tho Gov Godwin is a lighter weight , but not the OBASEKIS OF BENIN KINGDOM, it seems many big Wigs in the APC are with Obaseki including the Cabals mainly for 2023.... Oshobaba is gone , in a matter of month it will be clear, if u are a beneficiary of Oshobaba , just take heart, u don't win always , he made the mistake at the onset by picking a big name like the Obasekis... If he had picked Ogweinyi or Use Ize Iyamu at the onset, it could have be easy to give them Ambode treatment but not the Obaseki, confirm this from somebody in Benin who is not a politician or better wait for like 2nonth later and qoute me

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Reference(m): 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hmm...as if the PDP is outstanding in the states it controls. It has performed abysmally in opposition since 2015.
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by GGirll: 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:
cool

wooed to his doom

We also supported d amotekun so watch out d outcome according to your prophesy lol
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by jaxxy(m): 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nice1
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by itsme01: 9:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
GGirll:

We also supported d amotekun so watch out d outcome according to your prophesy lol

grin grin Savage reply

we all know you never supported Amotekun, it was impersonators
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Itsme0I: 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

grin grin Savage reply

we all know you never supported Amotekun, it was impersonators
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by ernieboy(m): 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
Truthbites:
According to Osagie, former President Goodluck Jonathan was in Edo State to thank Chief Gabriel Igbenedion for the Doctorate Degree awarded to him by the Okada University.

I disagree and disbelieve. Why didn't GEJ thank Igbinedion on phone. Gej visit na to woo Obaseki. We ain't fools
chief igbinedion ia not a kid that u just chat up on the phone, what is worth doing is worth doing well.
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Itsme0I: 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

says the guy whose name sounds like a southeastern oracle and herbalist that PDP consults
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Itsme0I: 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

yeah I didn't make sense to you.. so why are you quoting me?
[/s]
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Itsme0I: 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
cool

wooed to his doom

[/s]
[s]
itsme01:

grin

ohh , how funny some hypocrite can be, its confusing you or doesn't make sense to you yet you quote me, what for if I might ask? to get confused even more?
[/s]
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
Enwhen:

Who is my guy ? , Obaseki ?,

See Bro, don't be emotional about it, Oba of Benin is with the Obasekis... I know u don't know the Obasekis of Benin... Apart from the Igbinedions, no family is bigger than them... I don't support any party , I hurstle.for myself , I stand to gain nothing from any them, but the truth is that the OBa of Benin is with the Obaseki, just like the Emir of Kano with the Kwankwasiya...should Obaseki moves to the PDP, and Oshobaba won , u will see Kano part 2 in Benin, but I don't it , if Oshomole can try that.... If it was the day of the former Oba of Benin, he doesn't move out of Benin , anybody that wants to see him must come to Benin , except on a traditional occasion...but this present Oba of Benin, is different... Oshobaba cannot win Obaseki in this fight, tho Gov Godwin is a lighter weight , but not the OBASEKIS OF BENIN KINGDOM, it seems many big Wigs in the APC are with Obaseki including the Cabals mainly for 2023.... Oshobaba is gone , in a matter of month it will be clear, if u are a beneficiary of Oshobaba , just take heart, u don't win always , he made the mistake at the onset by picking a big name like the Obasekis... If he had picked Ogweinyi or Use Ize Iyamu at the onset, it could have be easy to give them Ambode treatment but not the Obaseki, confirm this from somebody in Benin who is not a politician or better wait for like 2nonth later and qoute me

To clarify with you, I live in France and I have no intentions of going back to Nigeria. I am a French citizen and I have a job, my life is sweet in France. Obaseki is the name of my mother's father. The governor is my mother's cousin.

So spare me your political mombo jumbo and don't tell me I don't know the Obaseki family.

Your comments are very disrespectful to the Oba of Benin and the entire Edo people by extension. Your comment about the late Oba of Benin never leaving Benin city is a stupid sham, and a great misconception. In his old age he travelled less due to old age and since you didn't witness his youth and you are too lazy to do any sort of research, you talk based on his old age.
Also the late Oba of Benin is the father of the current Oba of Benin, that is how it works in Benin Kingdom.

An other thing, I noticed you confuse Benin city and Benin Kingdom. I would just like to inform you that Benin city is only the capital of Benin Kingdom. The size of Benin Kingdom would make you wonder what it means to actually leave Benin Kingdom.

As for your Kano threat, let any governor disrespect the Oba of Benin and call me idiot if his head remains on his shoulders for more than a month.

You need to stop being a political reptile.
Don't get the name of the Oba of Benin involved in your politics. The Oba of Benin is neutral. He doesn't endorse anybody, stop saying he endorses the governor unless you also want to claim you have become a spokesperson for the palace ? Have some respect. I doubt you are even Edo !

It is funny how I caught you lying, I told you you were lying and then you persisted in your lie by just repeating it several times and then calling me sentimental and an oshiomole supporter. Oshiomole is a criminal, he had thugs attack my uncle and the Oba of Lagos when they went to his home on a visit which he extended to them.
So stop thinking like a fool, I am 100% behind my uncle (Governor Godwin Obaseki), because he is my uncle. But respect the King ! I love and respect my king more than I do my uncle or anybody for that matter. So be respectful and stop being a political reptile.
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by Suigeneristemmy(m): 10:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
Good evening sir and ma here on this platform...I'm here soliciting for financial support concerning my school fee...I just graduated from aaua but I'm yet to pay up my seconf semester 30level and my 400 level session and my school management are already planning on collating our results for NYSC registration...I need your help sir and ma...I dont mind how little help I can get here...I will be appreciative..pls help a soul...
Re: Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government by olisaEze(m): 10:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
ekestic1976:
Na lie! How many of the hundred awardees of honorary degrees by Igbinedion University, Okada came back to thank Chief Gabriel Igbinedion? I should advice Governor Obaseki to take "the tide at the flood so that it may lead him to fortune," for "omitted, all his voyages of his life shall be bound in shallows and mysteries . . . "

Fortes fortuna iuvat. "Fortune favors the brave"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi / Analysis - Buhari Win Means Nigeria, Not Chad, To Lead Boko Haram Fight / Prophet Iginla Warns Against Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says A Sign Of War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.