Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers (30096 Views)

Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo / Kano Bans Abduljabbar Kabara, Shuts His Mosque / 70,000 Teachers Sat For Qualifying Exam Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
more beggars will now relocate to Lagos State
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by HitSong: 11:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
Arrewa:
God bless kano state, Nigeria
I pray they impose the ban too ASAP in Lagos, Ogun and oyo state.
This dirty people are really constituting nuisance of the highest order.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by bluecircle470: 11:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
JosephXavier:
Who did this to the north?
President Goodluck Jonathan started this Almajiri school to help cut down the level of illiteracy in the north.
Tell me what he didn't do so that the north will be happy yet they hated him and prefered a visionless man because he is their brother.
Why are they now forcing down Jonathan's visions on their people
Tell me what policy their own brother has brought in place to better their region
God is watching them, let them kontinu
All this evil they are committing with Boko Haram and herdsmen will never go unpunished.
You can never cheat nature

Just that that Jonathan was a buffoon and lacks the qualities of a leader
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by denjjy(m): 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2020
if they like they should build 4000 blocks of classroom and employ 1million teachers, will be like feeding monkey with butter, as long as the cultures and religions believes that gave birth to Almajiris is not amended, the Almajiri system will continue to boom in the north. The the best solution is that they should fight it from the roots by amending any of their culture that encourages the practise of almajiri and begging.

1 Like

Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Patrioticman007(m): 11:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
That Islam is the most complete religion on Earth. Re ipsa loquitur, the fact speaks for themselves. Almajiri system will always changed for good in the nearest future.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by excel101(m): 11:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
Na today yanch dey back.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by femmy2010(m): 11:56pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ajsimon:
Mcheew
Na d 8,000 teachers wan stop begging

It is a step in the right direction
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by dragunov: 12:38am On Feb 26, 2020
Ajsimon:
Mcheew

Have you seen the 4 walls of a classroom before? Because if you have, you would have known that it's not going to be 1 teacher for 1 student. Use ya sense naaa
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by dragunov: 12:40am On Feb 26, 2020
Patrioticman007:
That Islam is the most complete religion on Earth. Re ipsa loquitur, the fact speaks for themselves. Almajiri system will always changed for good in the nearest future.

Self deluded thing. Yeah, facts like ISWAP, Boko Haram, and Co speaks for itself.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Alashoalash10: 12:42am On Feb 26, 2020
naptu2:

https://www.solacebase.com/2020/02/25/kano-bans-begging-employs-8000-teachers/
Good move. No development can take place without the Western education, learning Arab language alone can't bring development, even in Saudi Arabia, Dubai and other Islamic States like Egypt, Morocco etc they don't practice this nonsense almajiri education they still learn western education so if because of hatred for the west your children only learn Arab language he will later become a terrorist and even now the terrorist uses western education to do the bomb they use
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Nobody: 12:45am On Feb 26, 2020
Hehehe
Finally i hope this works, if kano and kaduna can do this effectively then the others will follow. Besides elrufai has now made education a challenge in kaduna come and see how all those villagers are trying to get educated.
GOD BLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Itsme0I: 12:45am On Feb 26, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

no am not
[/s]
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by back2sender: 2:02am On Feb 26, 2020
Sunnycliff:
So no more Alma jiri street beggars?

Time will tell
What are the ones doing at Lagos govt house at alausa? Sawoolu send them back, Lagos is not a dump yard.

1 Like

Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by sulaak(m): 2:32am On Feb 26, 2020
JosephXavier:
President Goodluck Jonathan started this Almajiri school to help cut down the level of illiteracy in the north.
[b]Tell me what he didn't do so that the north will be happy yet they hated him and prefered a visionless man because he is their brother.
[/b]Why are they now forcing down Jonathan's visions on their people
Tell me what policy their own brother has brought in place to better their region
All this evil they are committing with Boko Haram and herdsmen will never go unpunished.

What do you expect from a people that still have a stadium named after Abacha!
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by GermanMelania: 3:02am On Feb 26, 2020
Until you realize those "beggars " are all moving down south. We don enter 1 chance
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by dungas30(m): 4:03am On Feb 26, 2020
JosephXavier:
Tell me what he didn't do so that the north will be happy yet they hated him and prefered a visionless man because he is their brother.
Tell me what policy their own brother has brought in place to better their region hmmmm
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Nobody: 4:06am On Feb 26, 2020
Forget Party affiliation and the bribery Saga. Truth is that Ganduje has been nothing short of exemplary where governance is concerned. He is setting the pace for others to follow. Most importantly Northern leaders.

We are sitting on a Keg of gunpowder as far as the current practice in the North continues where too many children, per family, are being born only to then be condemned to be frustrated and disillusioned illiterate vagrants who are surely destined to be a menace to society and perfect recruitment material for terror groups,. In the spirit of charity begins at home, the likes of Ganduje must be praised for identifying the problems and moving to provide solutions.

The North is already a serious menace to Nigeria having given us two big terrorists groups, i.e Boko Haram and violent Fulani herdsmen marauders, who will only pose greater danger to the security of Nigeria in future if they continue to be able to recruit Northern youths easily due to the illiteracy, poverty, deprivation and hopelessness ravaging the region that many Northern leaders not only ignore but even deliberately cause and/or abet.

Kudos to Ganduje and few like him from the North. I actually would not mind this man becoming President of Nigeria if it is to be a Northerner.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Nobody: 4:19am On Feb 26, 2020
spendoon:
Hehehe
Finally i hope this works, if kano and kaduna can do this effectively then the others will follow. Besides elrufai has now made education a challenge in kaduna come and see how all those villagers are trying to get educated.
GOD BLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Indeed. This is the time for good men from the North to act lest we all fall victim to the saying "evil thrive when good men do nothing". Northern leaders need to take responsibility for how they and their people have become a menace to the security and wellbeing of Nigeria and a very serious threat to her future. Northern leaders need to be ashamed of what they have allowed their people to become . 20 kids in a family , likely to all be illiterate adults because an unemployed father is breadwinner, is a disaster waiting to destroy Nigeria. Scary to think this is the norm for the North when all leaders there , and not Emir Sanusi alone, should be screaming for attitudinal change and reforms.

This problem is not a Northern problem alone anymore as these former almajiris, now adult illiterate vagrants with poor employment prospects, are trooping down South. I am a Lagosian and find what is happening today alarming. We will not be able to cope in future if serious efforts are not put in today and immediately to curtail the mass illiteracy, poverty, deprivation and insane, irresponsible and unchecked population growth debilitating the North primarily and Nigeria by extension.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Cantonese: 4:41am On Feb 26, 2020
Oya forward match to Lagos. Straight to Oyingbo, iyana iba, etc. Lagosians expect trailer loads as from now of them.

Do you know that them male beggars marry more than one wife. Some have plenty children to help perfect the family trade.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by backnbeta(f): 5:06am On Feb 26, 2020
UstazAhmed:
They can't ban Alma jiri because it is supported in the hadith. Don't let westernization destroy the foundation of our beloved Islam Alhaji Ganduje
Wow! I'm speechless shocked
This mindset is dangerous undecided

HitSong:

I pray they impose the ban too ASAP in Lagos, Ogun and oyo state.
This dirty people are really constituting nuisance of the highest order.
Fear of losing out in 2023 won't let them take solid decisions about street begging even when we know where 80%of them are from, and can be returned to! Just interview them and return them to wherever they claim to come from in trailer loads undecided
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Brunicekid(m): 5:32am On Feb 26, 2020
nameo:
A great news about Nigeria, finally.

And a really important one for that matter.

This makes me really happy.

Praying for those kids and the North

NOTE: This is not an endorsement of Ganduje in ANY way. The man is a thief and is a travesty he is still Gov.
But that a state as significant as Kano bans the terrible Almajiri system is EXTREMELY important. Am just happy for the kids
Then, it seems you didn't read the news well, then. He didn't ban the Almajiri system. What he only did was to integrate Mathematics and English Language into the Almajiri School system, as these two subjects will be taught by the newly recruited teachers across the 44 Local Government Areas of Kano State.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by naptu2: 5:40am On Feb 26, 2020
Previous threads.

1) In order to pay for the new system, the Kano State Government has been encouraging wealthy people from Kano to adopt schools in the state. Therefore, billionaire businessman and elder statesman, Alhaji Aminu Dantata donated a lot of money to a girls school in Kano (he later donated another ₦50 Million to the alumni association of the school)

Aminu Dantata Donates ₦50 Million, Toilets & Boreholes To School In Kano
https://www.nairaland.com/5558767/aminu-dantata-donates-50-million

2) The government has also made it compulsory for girls in Kano to complete their secondary school education before they can get married.

Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married
https://www.nairaland.com/5573380/kano-girls-must-finish-secondary
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 5:45am On Feb 26, 2020
Banning street begging is a good move, but empowering those kids mentally, physically, and will be the best undecided
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by bluecircle470: 5:51am On Feb 26, 2020
Ajsimon:
Mcheew

Read it all and stop being lazy
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by mauchiz: 6:06am On Feb 26, 2020
The children in Kano will have a bright future, this is lovely.

Governor Ganduje has done a great job,
Congratulations
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by WHITELIGHTER: 6:38am On Feb 26, 2020
Southern Governors need to do same because all the betters up north will migrate down south....if u see how they have defaced Kings square in benin
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by modsfucker: 6:39am On Feb 26, 2020
JosephXavier:

You mean the nonexistent "Almajiri Schools"? Tell me at least 5 locations where GEJ sited them.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by chubinwa(m): 6:55am On Feb 26, 2020
He just destroyed their culture and cultural heritage of begging. I love this initiative. Even with corruption stigma, it didn't deter him from working. unlike what we have in abia state.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 26, 2020
modsfucker:

You mean the nonexistent "Almajiri Schools"? Tell me at least 5 locations where GEJ sited them.
Its true there was almajiri schools even in village communities here in kaduna,but to be honset goodluck had plans for Nigerian but the problem is he doesn't act smart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HISBAH Board Bans "Black Friday" In Kano, Writes 96.9 Cool FM Radio Station / Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? / Judge Flees As Thugs Disrupt Proceedings Against Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.