Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,984 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) (15219 Views)

Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures / Chimaroke Nnamani Pulling Massive Crowd In Enugu (pictures) / MASSOB Members Being Arraigned In Enugu (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2011
Bawss1:

I don't think anybody is saying Enugu is now paradise on earth. There remains a lot of work to be done but the efforts so far should be commended. Enugu, Lagos, Rivers and Akwa Ibom( the land of pretty girls grin) states have governors that seem serious about their jobs.

Thank you for confirming that there is still nothing to celebrate.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by enyojo(f): 4:12pm On Apr 29, 2011
Who say Enugu dey work

Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 4:14pm On Apr 29, 2011
enyojo:

[size=30pt]I WEEP[/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed

Drink fuel join. You go weep die. What exactly are you weeping for. You weeping freak. Cry me a lagoon thou pessimist.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2011
afam4eva:

Drink fuel join. You go weep die. What exactly are you weeping for. You weeping freak. Cry me a lagoon thou pessimist.

What is the reason for your optimism?
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Bawss1(m): 4:32pm On Apr 29, 2011
lol @ weeping freak cheesy

Thats a new one. Nairaland drama.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:04pm On Apr 29, 2011
Bawss1:

lol @ weeping freak cheesy

Thats a new one. Nairaland drama.

I know you might not feel like weeping now, but come back 20 years later and watch how things are, you may cry blood and not tears then. When people will be sleeping on the streets.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Bawss1(m): 5:13pm On Apr 29, 2011
C'mon man there are always people sleeping on the streets in virtually every country in the world.  smiley

Are you guys really saying that the governor of Enugu is not performing? I thought he was said to be among one of the best out there. How come your views are different?
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by EzeUche3(m): 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2011
afam4eva:

grin grin grin
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Ikengawo: 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2011
I dont know why nigerians count governors building structures for government, including an office for the governor's wife, as development but it's not
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2011
Ikengawo:

I dont know why nigerians count governors building structures for government, including an office for the governor's wife, as development but it's not

Lolllllllllllll
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by EbonyX(m): 8:44pm On Apr 29, 2011
I was born and i grew up in Enugu, Abapka Nike to be precise and i can tell you that Enugu is really working. Had it been that past governors of the state did half of what Sullivan Chime is doing in Enugu State, Enugu will have been competing with Abuja. And those of you posting pictures of slums in Enugu, there is no where in this country that you dont have slums even in the federal capital Abuja. Go to places like Idu/Karimo, Kuje, Gwagwalada etc, and you will see places worst than those pictures. So please to all you haters of Sullivan Chime our beloved governor of Enugu state, he is the best governor ever to rule Enugu state. ENUGU STATE IS WORKING.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by EbonyX(m): 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2011
I was born and i grew up in Enugu, Abapka Nike to be precise and i can tell you that Enugu is really working. Had it been that past governors of the state did half of what Sullivan Chime is doing in Enugu State, Enugu will have been competing with Abuja. And those of you posting pictures of slums in Enugu, there is no where in this country that you dont have slums  even in the federal capital Abuja. Go to places like Idu/Karimo, Kuje, Gwagwalada etc, and you will see places worst than those pictures. So please to all you haters of Sullivan Chime our beloved governor of Enugu state, he is the best governor ever to rule Enugu state. ENUGU STATE IS WORKING.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 9:03pm On Apr 29, 2011
EbonyX:

I was born and i grew up in Enugu, Abapka Nike to be precise and i can tell you that Enugu is really working. Had it been that past governors of the state did half of what Sullivan Chime is doing in Enugu State, Enugu will have been competing with Abuja. And those of you posting pictures of slums in Enugu, there is no where in this country that you dont have slums  even in the federal capital Abuja. Go to places like Idu/Karimo, Kuje, Gwagwalada etc, and you will see places worst than those pictures. So please to all you haters of Sullivan Chime our beloved governor of Enugu state, he is the best governor ever to rule Enugu state. ENUGU STATE IS WORKING.

Hate is a strong word, so think twice before using it. And, before you go on, think a bit. You were born in Abakpa Nike, well I own properties there and one of Sullivan's new road passes in front of my property, however, those hundreds of thousands who have no hope of owning any decent house, of what use is the road?
What is his plans for housing, since this thread is about his housing schemes, it doesnt help to build a few duplexes for the mega rich, (N35 million a house) while the squalid poor languish in surroundings that will make a pig sick!
If you blind him with praises, he will become complacent and relax, tell him that I said he needs to improve, that the majority are still homeless and poor. Maybe he will read this one day.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Dede1(m): 9:36pm On Apr 29, 2011
spyder880:

Hate is a strong word, so think twice before using it. And, before you go on, think a bit. You were born in Abakpa Nike, well I own properties there and one of Sullivan's new road passes in front of my property, however, those hundreds of thousands who have no hope of owning any decent house, of what use is the road?
What is his plans for housing, since this thread is about his housing schemes, it doesnt help to build a few duplexes for the mega rich, (N35 million a house) while the squalid poor languish in surroundings that will make a pig sick!
If you blind him with praises, he will become complacent and relax, tell him that I said he needs to improve, that the majority are still homeless and poor. Maybe he will read this one day.

Even though I am not given to praising the political operatives in Nigeria, please I urge you to give praises to whom it is due. Even in the God’s own country such as USA, there are ghettoes that would make an inoculated pig suffer dysentery too.

In one of the previous posts, one loony injected a sort of comparison between Chime and Fashola. Anyway, I must say that Fashola is one, if not, most overrated governor in Nigeria. Any goat, even without pouring cement into hole in Lagos, will look good as governor of once federal capital city turned into a state called Lagos State.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by ezeagu(m): 4:33pm On Aug 05, 2011
Beauty.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by BigMeat2: 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2011
What exactly are the roles of the governor's wife to have a whole building for her office - it is just an avenue to milk more funds from the state treasury.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by nastydamus(m): 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2011
Funny enough, the pictures have names and all I see have 'government' before or after them: 'Government Lodge', 'Government House', 'Governor's wife's Building', which of the propaganda-d buildings belong(s) to the masses? angry
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2011
Don't fall for media hype shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

When it comes to housing, I think Jigawa wins every other states in that category hands down!!! even lagos!!!
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by mekaboy(m): 11:51pm On Aug 05, 2011
[b]

HAS ANYONE BEEN TO ENUGU BEFORE GOV CHIME CAME INTO POWER? IF U HAVE BEEN TO ENUGU THEN AND YOU VISIT NOW, YOU WILL KNOW THAT THE GOV CHIME IS REALLY DOING HIS BEST.

ENUGU IS NOT A COMMERCIAL PLACE LIKE LAGOS- THERE ARE NOT MUCH COMPANIES IN ENUGU TO PROVIDE EMPLOYMENT- ENUGU IS A PLACE WHERE PEOPLE COME TO RELAX AFTER HUSTLING IN LAGOS AND OTHER PARTS OF NIGERIA.

ENUGU HAS MAINLY HOTELS AND JOINTS WHERE PEOPLE GO TO HANG OUT- WITH ABOUT FIVE UNIVERSITIES IN THE STATE AND A LOT OF FEMALE STUDENTS, IT HAS BECOME A TOURIST DESTINATION FOR MEN WHO WANT TO RELAX AND ENJOY THEIR WEEKEND WITH SOME FEMALE COMPANY.

BESIDES COAL- THE ONLY RESOURCES THAT IS GENERATING MONEY IN ENUGU STATE NOW IS "GIRL" shocked shocked YES GIRLS. THAT WHY ALL THE HOTELS IN ENUGU ARE FULL BY THE WEEKEND.

THE GOVERNOR HAS TRIED BY GIVING OUT TAXI CARS TO PEOPLE TO PAY INSTALLMENT, I MEAN YOU DONT EXPECT A STATE GOVT TO GO INTO BUSINESS OR BUILD FACTORIES, ITS NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY.

SULLIVAN CHIME IS ONE IF NOT THE BEST GOVERNOR IN THE EAST.

[/b]
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by EkoIle1: 4:18am On Aug 06, 2011
The most shallow and. Petty people on the face ot the earth. This is really sad.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Nobody: 4:42am On Aug 06, 2011
So what happens when Nigeria breaks apart? Will they repaint everything?

As for those saying it's strictly for the rich, ehrrm duh! Everything starts with the rich, till it reaches the middle classes, maybe never the poor. That's how it starts, the rich develops a society.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by ektbear: 7:20am On Aug 06, 2011
mekaboy:

ENUGU HAS MAINLY HOTELS AND JOINTS WHERE PEOPLE GO TO HANG OUT- WITH ABOUT FIVE UNIVERSITIES IN THE STATE AND A LOT OF FEMALE STUDENTS, IT HAS BECOME A TOURIST DESTINATION FOR MEN WHO WANT TO RELAX AND ENJOY THEIR WEEKEND WITH SOME FEMALE COMPANY.

BESIDES COAL- THE ONLY RESOURCES THAT IS GENERATING MONEY IN ENUGU STATE NOW IS "GIRL" shocked shocked YES GIRLS. THAT WHY ALL THE HOTELS IN ENUGU ARE FULL BY THE WEEKEND.

Hrm, interesting. Guess you gotta make money one way or another
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by ezeagu(m): 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

The most shallow and. Petty people on the face ot the earth. This is really sad.

Do you have any shame at all?
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2011
BESIDES COAL- THE ONLY RESOURCES THAT IS GENERATING MONEY IN ENUGU STATE NOW IS "GIRL" Shocked Shocked YES GIRLS. THAT WHY ALL THE HOTELS IN ENUGU ARE FULL BY THE WEEKEND

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

better rebrand enugu 'short time state'
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by chino11(m): 8:24pm On Aug 06, 2011
Tarring few kilometers of roads and renovating existing building does not give the gov a pass mark. When you move a little bit from enugu capital you will understand that enugu state is still very backward in terms of infrastructural development. Places like udi, oji river, nsukka and almost all the rural communities are almost cut off from each other. There is so much to be done in enugu state, the gov should not concentrate only in the urban center thereby leaving the outskirt to wallow in poverty and inaccessibility.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by gidson12(m): 12:01am On Aug 07, 2011
^you are really a case, you attack both your pple and others,
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Jenifa1: 12:05am On Aug 07, 2011
"office building for governor's wife"

that is development?
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by egift(m): 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
ezeagu: Beauty.

Enugu bu egwu eji. One of these days I will make out time to take few more pictures around town. There are a lot more structures now (Independence layout, Trans-ekulu, etc)
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ekwenugooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo embarassed
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by egift(m): 9:05am On Oct 20, 2014
Soon I will be updating this thread with more updates.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by DonProphet: 11:25am On Oct 12, 2015
I think government is for all, both the poor and rich. Why is it that most of these housing estates are not targeted towards the poor in the society? The cost of these houses are so exorbitant that they are purchased by mostly politicians and drug/oil barons, while the common and average man in the society keep living in a suburb areas. They say housing for all (MDGs).
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by egift(m): 11:35am On Oct 12, 2015
DonProphet:
I think government is for all, both the poor and rich. Why is it that most of these housing estates are not targeted towards the poor in the society? The cost of these houses are so exorbitant that they are purchased by mostly politicians and drug/oil barons, while the common and average man in the society keep living in a suburb areas. They say housing for all (MDGs).

That is what happens when both Government and Private investor are looking for a quick cash when embarking on projects like these. I wish the government will explore more housing options that favours the poor too (like 3 to 5 stories smaller living units - imagine 10 buildings occupying 2 plots each, with Room and Parlour self-contain apartments) - It will take more occupants and be affordable too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Don't Have A Filling Station At Akute - Fayose / South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit / Dry Season: Enugu Buys Rapid Response Vehicles For Fire Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.