Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million (63308 Views)

Why Courts Imposed Millions Against Babalola, Olanipekun, Ozekhome, Keyamo / Bayelsa: Afe Babalola, Olanipekun Protest Supreme Court’s ₦60 Million Penalty / Sagay: PDP Lawyers Deserve Supreme Court Fine, Not Afe Babalola, Olanipekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by adecz: 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2020
See gbesé for these hard times!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 26, 2020
When I say they have to be absolutely sure it look like I was lying anyway thank God they didn't debar the two eminent lawyers.It was bad market from the start but the two giants tested the Law which is okay.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2020
This serves Afe Bablola and Wole Right, i couldn't believe that Afe could stoop so low to file a questionable case based on fraud and forgery for review,what happened to reputation an conscience? Today I take back my respect for these two,they are not a good example to follow.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by kerzhim(m): 7:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lamasta:

No matter how highly placed you are there are some battles you can't win...

The Bayelsa case cannot be won by APC even if they hire CJN himself
if that was the case, it would have bn a different thing entirely, not the way their case was dismissed.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by izibili44: 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
them don plan for the money wen dem wan get. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Mysticwebb:
Oh yes. Now some lawyers moving the appeal for Zamfara case and Imo may start considering withdrawing their appeal especially that of Zamfara where there is no clear ground for review of the case since no new fact against the judgement has emerged since then.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by klax(m): 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
I never knew Nigeria still has sane Judge apart from Odilli woow I reconmend this woman to the post of AGF and CJN respectively. Very good judgement.

Its so shameful the these foolish old lawyers because of money will be these dumbed. Let them go and pay their fine with imediate effect.

All apc want is to destroy Nigeria beyond repair shame on apc thunder fire you all.

I love how the hammer fell on their heads other stupid SAN and those charge and bail lawyers bollocks will sit up now.

If not madness how dare anyone trying to review and reverse supreme court judgement??

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Chigold101(m): 7:30pm On Feb 26, 2020
Mysticwebb:
Oh yes. Now some lawyers moving the appeal for Zamfara case and Imo may start considering withdrawing their appeal especially that of Zamfara where there is no clear ground for review of the case since no new fact against the judgement has emerged since then.
Imo already has a date
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
uruba23:
When I say they have to be absolutely sure it look like I was lying anyway thank God they didn't debar the two eminent lawyers.It was bad market from the start but the two giants tested the Law which is okay.

So they tested the law? Those who made case for IMO also tested the law? All Falana has been saying is also a test of the Law? Gani Fawehinmi suffered more than this in the hand of Judiciary. He was denied being a SAN for several years which he never even wanted while some of those who passed through him are SAN.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by asobo: 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
That's good.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by mauchiz: 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
They are trying to restore back the judiciary system which Buhari and Apc has scattered and tarnished.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Reference(m): 7:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
edoairways:
So is now a crime to ask for a review? sad

Apparently it is. I guess a verdict of the Supreme Court is now sacrosanct. Well played judges. It is a win-win scenario for all. The institution fighting back to uphold its constitutional powers but the rap it got round the knuckles because of its dodgy judgements will cause quite a bit of introspection. They know they are under the microscope going forward.

The next FUBAR and it won't be the DSS visiting for a nightcap.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by fyneguy: 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
Passionate888:
E no go better for the All Progressive Criminals for causing this nobel justice of the court to shed tears for those two 'senior' lawyers.

E go better for Papa Deceiving Pikin for Imo review?
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by pricklewane: 7:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
There is just one thing I love about PDP n those supporting it.
I know APC will be paying them back in appropriate measure.
As you sabi rig APC don prove say dem self be master rigger.

No SC judge ever fined any lawyer in the history of review but PDP judges have laid a precedent I will be excited to see APC judged Malami n co slam PDP lawyers with billions in fines to ensure the devilish party of Nigerian is completely destroyed.

Lostz:
any APC lawyer in charge of zamfara review should quickly withdraw before same fate befall him
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
edoairways:

A review for person wey carry fake certificate?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by tex73: 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
It serves those SANs right. How do you appeal an Apex court's decision.

Its like asking those judges to publicly call themselves fools and not worthy to serve as supreme court judges.

Any other person can call them incompetent, but don't ever expect them to call themselves incompetent. cool

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Carlyscales: 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
edoairways:
It's not when u have a cogent reason that has not been addressed by d full judgement of the SC.
And can as well convince the SC lords on the validity of your reason.
In this case it's not, hence they were waisting SC precious time.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by edoairways: 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
TOPCRUISE:

Go and ask now. And find out whether it's a crime grin
grin grin
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
pricklewane:
There is just one thing I love about PDP n those supporting it.
I know APC will be paying them back in above appropriate measure.
As you sabi rig APC don prove say dem self be master rigger.

No SC judge ever fined lawyer in the history of review but Nigeria judges have laid a precedent I will be excited to see APC "have no judges" judged Malami "is not a judge" no co slam PDP lawyers with billions in fines to ensure the devilish party of Nigerian is completely destroyed.

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by anonymous1759(m): 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
Staro:

The only judgement that truly required a
review was the IMO ruling.

Oshiomole always feels he's smart.
Because the APC asked for a review in IMO
he also jumped in with Bayelsa, Zamfara.

See now, all the profits Afe Babalola has made from his
University will be used to pay fine.

David Lyon may be too broke to assist them with such huge amount

Both pdp and Apc supporters are partisan. Same fate will befall ihedioha hope democracy won't be in Danger then because TANKO will be heading the panel.

I don't support Apc but I like how they accept defeat sometimes but pdp always cry Wolf only four years of opposition. Whatever Apc is doing today pdp have done it X2. From your comment you sound very Biased.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Carlyscales: 7:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
careytommy37:

Look at a supposed supreme court justice employing theatrics.

Your ignorance on the implications of this case is palpably legendary

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by sapientia(m): 7:48pm On Feb 26, 2020
BabaO2:
it is an act of intimidation and unnecessary arrogancy on the part of supreme court, their judgement is too childish and devoid of logic. How they could separate deputy governor from governor on their judgement on Kogi of Audu/Faleke ticket but they could not separate deputy governor from governor on Bayelsa's Lyon/Bionarakuma ticket is still a wonder of Mary odili's influenced judgement

Mary Odili?

Imagine if she read any of the judgement.

you guys would have called her a Boko Haram member.

Sorry i forgot.

Those ones have been receiving jumbo packages since 2015.

You would have called her IPOB.

The latest terrorists in your eyes with Zero kills.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by edoairways: 7:49pm On Feb 26, 2020
nairalee:

It's a crime to ridiculously ask for a review of the Supreme court's judgment thereby undermining it
OK
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by TrebleChamp(m): 7:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
PDP that want the SC to review it's judgement on the Presidential Election, Kano, Osun, Kaduna should be ready to pay #10b in fines. Thumbs up to the SC
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by gotnel: 7:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
Serve Afe Babalola and Wole Olanipekun right.

Supreme court pronouncement is final.
Sweet or bitter, supreme court are not meant to review or reverse whatever they have decided.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by asobo: 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
fergie001:

He will vomit it from anywhere.

He brought it for review last year July, the panel headed by Rhodes-vivour dismissed for incomplete filing and the fact that the SC cannot sit on its own judgement except for clear clerical errors.

The man still brought it again, what is he looking for?

He will pay a heavy fine.
My brother, I hope you don't have anything against Robert Clark.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by ChristianNorth: 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
BabaO2:
it is an act of intimidation and unnecessary arrogancy on the part of supreme court, their judgement is too childish and devoid of logic. How they could separate deputy governor from governor on their judgement on Kogi of Audu/Faleke ticket but they could not separate deputy governor from governor on Bayelsa's Lyon/Bionarakuma ticket is still a wonder of Mary odili's influenced judgement

Do you care for a handkerchief?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by igbojay: 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
BabaO2:

You guys like to misquote judgment of the court and thus mislead the public.
The court in Faleke v. Inec & ors posited that since it was a joint ticket, the appellant could not benefit from the valid vote cast.

Thus, the party (APC) being a juristic person was the last man standing and had the right to benefit from the vote cast.

The apex court while aligning itself with the decisions of the court below, posited that the party not been a human being capable of governing a state, had the discretionary powers to elect and present a substitute who could benefit from the votes aforesaid.

In the case of Bayelsa state, APC knowingly aided and abetted fraud. It knew or reasonably ought to know that the persons it was presenting for an election were not so qualified abi initio.

The law is clear that a litigant cannot benefit from the proceed of his fraudulent acts or actions.

Thus, it cannot present a substitute candidate and is therefore deemed not to have participated in the said elections. The law is apt that you cannot place something on nothing and expect it to stand.

The party placed something on nothing and it fell.

The next in line is PDP and thus was invited to take benefit of the APC's fraudulent act.

It's a sound judgement if you do you legal research.

Therefore, quit making a mockery of sound legal reasoning.

I rise.

9 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by asobo: 7:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
babaolofin:

One day, Nigeria must come to an end. When Afe Babalola started Law practice, Justice Amina should be in Primary School or just entering Secondary School. The integrity of Judiciary must be protected, but where there is no integrity in Judicial process, anarchy comes to play. The major difference in the conduct of human beings and that of animals is the rule of law but where the law becomes partial, human beings become animals and the nation becomes animal kingdom. There is no difference between Nigeria and Animal kingdom. I will never vote again. Many have lost faith in the nation called Nigeria. Many have lost faith in the judiciary that is why people take vengeance into their hand and hire killers and kidnapping are on the increase.

Judiciary my foot. Last week Thursday evening, I was at the arrival wing of MM2 when Ganduje arrived Lagos. We were contemplating he came for an important meeting on the Political situation of the nation. Some people were discussing the postponement of the IMO case by the Judiciary and the foundation problem in Bayelsa and the Zamfara.A regimental person who is also a learned fellow raised the issue of the integrity of the judiciary to be protected and the involvement of Chief Afe Babalola and Wole Olanipekun in the case.

After over 50 years in the bar and after 80 years of age, the so called judge can teach Afe Babalola again. I am very delighted some weeks ago to read an article of Chief Afe Babalola on Amotekun in the South West. We have lost faith and hope in the Police to defend us, hence the need for our own survival mechanism which nobody can stop. I am sure majority of Bayelsa and Imo people have seen the Judiciary, the way it is in Nigeria. There is no need of keeping faith with this nation again.
What are you trying to say? So Afe Babalola is the most knowledgeable lawyer now in Nigeria abi. Please behave yourself

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Mires: 7:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
Staro:

The only judgement that truly required a
review was the IMO ruling.

Oshiomole always feels he's smart.
Because the PDP asked for a review in IMO
he also jumped in with Bayelsa, Zamfara ...

See now, all the profits Afe Babalola has made from his
University will be used to pay fine.

David Lyon may be too broke to assist them with such huge amount

Bro, I am not holding brief for any of them. But let me tell you that's not money for Afe Babalola and Wole Olanipekun. They are billionaires. In fact, they are among the first three richest lawyers in Nigeria
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Rapmoney(m): 8:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
yarimo:
and UCHE SECOUNDUS won't call for protest against this judgement. undecided

Shataaap!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
babaolofin:

So they tested the law? Those who made case for IMO also tested the law? All Falana has been saying is also a test of the Law? Gani Fawehinmi suffered more than this in the hand of Judiciary. He was denied being a SAN for several years which he never even wanted while some of those who passed through him are SAN.
It is no crime to test the Law but I am quite surprise that Chief Olanipekun even took the case, but when I saw he was representing APC not the gubernatorial aspirant I just overlook.There is no case for Imo ....Bayelsa even get small window of opportunity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi Can't Win Presidential Election - Labour Party State Chairmen / Festus Keyamo On Open Bus Ride With PMB In Ibadan As Ambode Speaks On PMB In Oyo / Policemen Dragging Buckets At Chikwadolu's Birthday Party In Awka(Pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.