Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million (63230 Views)

Why Courts Imposed Millions Against Babalola, Olanipekun, Ozekhome, Keyamo / Bayelsa: Afe Babalola, Olanipekun Protest Supreme Court’s ₦60 Million Penalty / Sagay: PDP Lawyers Deserve Supreme Court Fine, Not Afe Babalola, Olanipekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by engineerboat(m): 10:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
Afamed:

You have finally regained your voice after Atiku refused to cum

You will dey alright las las

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by engineerboat(m): 10:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
fergie001:

He knew there was no case, he just wanted to intimidate the judges.

But Aare f<ck up sha....

Real one.

I know it must be wole that pushed him to do that hoping to use his age and influence for intimidation.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 26, 2020
Amumaigwe:

Where are all those small Yoruba boys that were hyping Wole Olanipekun and Afe Babslola as invincible? They must contribute a part of this #60m fine because they must have taken up the case on the strength of those cheers thinking they stood a chance. See where over confidence has landed them; shame and ignominy.
what baffled me the most is the fact that, the 2 renown lawyers are from my state in Ekiti. They ought to have rejected the offer to be their attorneys or counsels in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
Meet Supreme court Justice Augie who told APC 'no court on earth can review' your Bayelsa case

The hopes of All Progressives Congress (APC) to get the supreme court judgement that installed People's Democratic Party's candidate as the governor of Bayelsa was dashed today as the Justice of the supreme court who read the decision told the party that the earlier decision is final.

More interestingly, the judge, Justice Amina Adamu Augie told the party that "no court on earth" can review the judgement.

She said the application for review lacks merit and the party failed to point out errors in the earlier judgement.

However, see profile of Justice Amina Augie:

She was born on September 3rd 1953. The erudite judge was born in Kebbi state in Nigeria's northwestern region and attended Abadina school, University College Ibadan from 1968 -1960.

She then went on to Hope Wadell Primary school from 1960 to 1962.

Holy Rosary Primary School, Enugu from 1966 - 1967. Queen Amina College, Kaduna from 1968 - 1971. University of Ife, Ile-Ife from 1972 - 1977. Nigerian Law School, Lagos from 1977 - 1978. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria from 1980 - 1981. University of Lagos from 1986 - 1987. She was called to the Nigerian Bar on 8th July, 1978.

She became a chief magistrate in Sokoto state in 1988 and rose to the position of Justice of the supreme court in 2016.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Rapmoney(m): 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2020
Finnese001:
grin

MANNA COME AND SEE YOUR HEAVYWEIGHTS

Cc:
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by ajebuter(f): 10:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
yarimo:
and UCHE SECOUNDUS won't call for protest against this judgement. undecided

Sorry Yarimo..

No oyel Moni for APC..

cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by YungG(m): 10:57pm On Feb 26, 2020
A great lesson to lawyers,politicians,political parties and godfathers.That supreme court is supreme in its decision.Even if a judge is drunk and gave a judgment.That judgment stands and must be obeyed.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by LZAA: 11:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
Afamed:

Must you lie.
Supreme court never fine any lawyer

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Bennycollins: 11:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
Clark, arrogant old man that claims to know it all.
fergie001:

They will make that one 100million naira...that old man Robert Clarke no dey hear word.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by emmykk(m): 11:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
edoairways:
So is now a crime to ask for a review? sad
Modified I saw your quotes, I hope the supreme court would do the same for IMO state.

1.IMO State case is a special case,APC came out 4th with no single APC member in IMO state House of Assembly in the election while PDP has 13.

2. With supreme court accepting Hope Uzohioma figure the total election vote figures did not match. Which is a very good ground.

3. If supreme court do not review it there is problem ahead in future as they will use IMO case to claim that total vote count can be more than total registered voters.

So Emeka ihedioha is safe to come back come to the bayesa case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by witworth(m): 11:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
I agree with the court, because I don't understand these unlawful lawyers ideas, so there is now an excuse for fake documents by the APC former deputy governor, so we should pity them and ignore the Constitution right? They must be kidding me, I can only sympathize with them for their loss.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
witworth:
I agree with the court, because I don't understand these unlawful lawyers ideas, so there is now an excuse for fake documents by the APC former deputy governor, so we should pity them and ignore the Constitution right? They must be kidding me, I can only sympathize with them for their loss.
cheesy
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Yoighaman(m): 11:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
fairfora:

https://punchng.com/bayelsa-judgment-supreme-court-fines-afe-babalola-olanipekun-n60m/

After the Supreme court, na God. To think that these lawyers with their calibre in the profession and society can toe this unthinkable path is tantamount to felony. How can any sane lawyer challenge the decision of the supreme court that holds the highest level of appellate decisions? This is the height of impunity that must come with consequences. Kudos to that Justice who's fighting very hard to protect our democracy....God punish the dullard and his messengers, I always wish I can reverse my votes for him all of the times he contested.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Bizibi(m): 12:47am On Feb 27, 2020
Lostz:
that Zamfara review is like flogging a dead horse.

most of these lawyers can't afford 100m
I'm even surprise that they are on zamfara issue,it seems these politicians just love wasting money.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by XANDERBOY85: 12:50am On Feb 27, 2020
Lostz:
any APC lawyer in charge of zamfara review should quickly withdraw before same fate befall him

Hehehehe grin grin grin

I suspect they'd be way ahead of you on this! wink
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by OyinO: 12:54am On Feb 27, 2020
So the court doesn't recognise a document (Affidavit) which it (court) issued to a person for a legal backing? Then why not issue deed polls alone? Why issue Affidavit? And from your explanation, you made it sound as if Affidavit is for banking institutions. Chai, the European Babylon system has destroyed true justice on earth forever.

kerzhim:
It's just so unfortunate for David Lyon. The incompetence of the so called competent lawyers Chief Afe Babalola (SAN), and Olanipekun (SAN) cost him a good 4 years mandate. They claim to be the best of the best but failed to understand that when you are dealing with court case concerning a change of name, you don't come with a mere "AFFIDAVIT" as if you are dealing with banks. You need a court stamped "DEED POLL" because that's the only document the court will recognise.
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by zoedew: 12:55am On Feb 27, 2020
Did anybody listen to me previously when I said so here back in time! They should be glad their names were not struck off The Rolls. Thoroughly reprehensible conduct and to think it is coming from Senior and highly respected members of the Bar!
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by XANDERBOY85: 1:00am On Feb 27, 2020
kerzhim:
It's just so unfortunate for David Lyon. The incompetence of the so called competent lawyers Chief Afe Babalola (SAN), and Olanipekun (SAN) cost him a good 4 years mandate. They claim to be the best of the best but failed to understand that when you are dealing with court case concerning a change of name, you don't come with a mere "AFFIDAVIT" as if you are dealing with banks. You need a court stamped "DEED POLL" because that's the only document the court will recognise.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Charge and bail lawyers! shocked They were drunk with all the praise that went straight to their heads......they now felt they could take on their chi (Supreme Court) in a fight! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by XANDERBOY85: 1:04am On Feb 27, 2020
Staro:

The only judgement that truly required a
review was the IMO ruling.

Oshiomole always feels he's smart.
Because the PDP asked for a review in IMO
he also jumped in with Bayelsa, Zamfara ...

See now, all the profits Afe Babalola has made from his
University will be used to pay fine.

David Lyon may be too broke to assist them with such huge amount

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

So far, this is turning out to be the funniest thread of the month! grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by fergie001: 1:24am On Feb 27, 2020
Don't worry he will pay 30million naira, he will now get sense.
Bennycollins:
Clark, arrogant old man that claims to know it all.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by fergie001: 1:25am On Feb 27, 2020
He isn't a kid, is he?
After over a decade?
Na waoh...
engineerboat:

Real one.

I know it must be wole that pushed him to do that hoping to use his age and influence for intimidation.

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by yarimo(m): 1:44am On Feb 27, 2020
ajebuter:

Sorry Yarimo..

No oyel Moni for APC..

cheesy grin cheesy
ajebuter which oyel moni are you talking about? APC is after providing good governance to people .
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Enemyofpeace: 2:31am On Feb 27, 2020
Is it now a seen to be a lawyer?
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by 0m0nnakoda: 2:48am On Feb 27, 2020
Andy Uba started this
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by 0m0nnakoda: 2:49am On Feb 27, 2020
zoedew:
Did anybody listen to me previously when I said so here back in time! They should be glad their names were not struck off The Rolls. Thoroughly reprehensible conduct and to think it is coming from Senior and highly respected members of the Bar!
This is not the first time and then the Supreme Court did nothing
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by totowunmido: 3:28am On Feb 27, 2020
ajebuter:

Sorry Yarimo..

No oyel Moni for APC..

cheesy grin cheesy
mtcheeeeeeew
Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by Bizibi(m): 4:22am On Feb 27, 2020
yarimo:
ajebuter which oyel moni are you talking about? APC is after providing good governance to people .
hehehehe, good governance....lolzzzz,

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million by zoezoelogistics(m): 5:58am On Feb 27, 2020
kerzhim:

Thank you learnt something new today

You need a court stamped "DEED POLL" because that's the only document the court will recognise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Yusuf Buhari As He Arrives Nigeria From Medical Trip Abroad / Photos Of Soldiers Guarding & Assisting Zabarmari People Harvest Farm Produce / 'See How Hurricane Atiku Invaded Katsina, Buhari's State' - Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.