Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP (10082 Views)

Makinde’s Aide, Taye Currency, Others Campaign For Atiku In Ibadan / Murtala Yakubu Ajaka To Ngige, Others: Campaign Publicly For Tinubu Or Resign / Wike Visits Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others, Over Death Of Transport Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by OEPHIUS(m): 7:56pm On Feb 27, 2020

...As party leaders laud gov on peace, good governance

Ahead of the Saturday's Local Government elections in Enugu State, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, on Thursday, led stakeholders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state in a final push for votes at the grand finale of the party’s campaign, held at Udenu LGA.

The PDP flagged off its Chairmanship campaign last week Thursday at Ikem, the headquarters of Isi-Uzo LGA, where the leaders of the Party and Ohanaeze Ndigbo in the state applauded Gov. Ugwuanyi for entrenching peace and good governance through participatory democracy.

Addressing party members and teeming supporters at the grand finale at Udenu LGA, Gov. Ugwuanyi urged the electorate to come out en masse on Saturday and vote for all the Chairmanship and councilorship candidates of the PDP for them to continue to enjoy dividends of democracy.

The governor thanked the people of the state for their show of solidarity, prayers, goodwill and support for the PDP-led state government while advising them to exercise their franchise on Saturday peacefully and avoid any act that could undermine the existing peace in the state, saying that "we don't want crisis anywhere. We sue for peaceful and hitch-free elections, which our state is known for."

He expressed confidence that the PDP will come out victorious on Saturday and charged the party's candidates to live up to expectations when they assume duties on March 2, 2020.

Speaking on behalf of members of the National Assembly from Enugu State, the Senator representing Enugu West Senatorial District, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, appreciated God and Gov. Ugwuanyi for the peaceful processes of the Local Government elections in the state, starting from the party’s primaries to the campaigns.

Senator Ekweremadu who was supported by other members of the National Assembly from Enugu State, noted that the processes of the Local Government elections in the past had been difficult resulting to various crises, attributing the existing peace in the Party today to the uncommon leadership style of Gov. Ugwuanyi.

He also charged the candidates of the party to keep faith with their campaign promises if they win the elections on Saturday by ensuring that they execute development projects in the varoius council areas for the wellbeing of the people, saying: "PDP is our party. It is our destiny".

Earlier in her speech, a member of the Board of Trustees of the Party, Amb. Justina Eze, commended Gov. Ugwuanyi for his administration’s peace and good governance initiatives, which she said have led to massive developments in the rural areas where the majority of the people reside.

Amb. Eze also thanked Gov. Ugwuanyi for the payment of new minimum wage to workers of the state without rancour or industrial action.

The PDP chieftain expressed optimism that the party will win all the contested positions and called "everybody to come out en masse on Saturday to vote for the PDP".

The state Chairman of PDP, Hon. Augustine Nnamani, who described Ugwuanyi as "the 13th Month Governor of Enugu State", expressed gratitude to God that the party’s campaigns ended peacefully and successfully in all 17 LGAs and 260 electoral wards.

Hon. Nnamani disclosed that the acceptability of the PDP in the state as demonstrated during the campaigns, was a confirmation that "Enugu State is the capital of PDP in Nigeria".

He lauded the governor for the peace in the party in particular and the state in general, adding that he is "the only governor in the history of our country who got over 95 percent votes cast to win his reelection".

The party Chairman equally urged the electorate to come out en masse with their voters' cards to vote for all candidates of the PDP on Saturday.

Other speakers, such as the Speaker of the State Assembly, Rt. Hon. Edward Ubosi, former State Chairmen of the party (Dr. Charles Egumgbe, Engr. Vita Abba, Chief Ikeje Asogwa) and Chief Hyde Onugaluchi, extolled Gov. Ugwuanyi's leadership qualities and canvassed votes for the party.

Enugu State is in the hands of God!##
https://dailypost.ng/2020/02/27/enugu-lg-polls-gov-ugwuanyi-calls-for-peaceful-exercise/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by OEPHIUS(m): 7:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
More

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by SLAP44: 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2020
It was a large turnout, PDP is in firm control in the whole of South east and South south.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by OEPHIUS(m): 7:58pm On Feb 27, 2020
More..

1 Like

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by ArmaniUhuru: 6:28am On Feb 28, 2020
Nice!

The corona virus infected party should off Enugu.

Enugu is PDP.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by Simplebeauty: 6:29am On Feb 28, 2020
grin

time to share kerosene,Ankara and 500 naira

Madam Affordable Loans

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:29am On Feb 28, 2020
I can bet my left balls that ekweremadu is gunning for governor of Enugu state in 2023..

We wait and see

4 Likes

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by SoNature(m): 6:29am On Feb 28, 2020
PDP needs no campaign in Enugu

Enugu has only one party

3 Likes

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by SooCute(m): 6:29am On Feb 28, 2020
I pity my people. All these niggas na carton dey their head.

Nigeria is grounding everyday under their watch.
I hope for a day when the youths of this country will gather guts and tidy all these mfs.

I'm done weeping for this country. I am done.

They are making illitrates (available education is half-chop, fairly good ones owned by your demonic, wicked pastors aren't affordable for you, yet you hail them and clap for them every other Sunday) out of most of the young ones and youths.
Now na "keyboard warrior" boys are forced to become (speaking for Imo state).
Many young guys driving Lexus and the likes believing they are living the life.
Imo is sooooooo dry of any reasonable development, (not to talk of industrialization); wack roads (compared to Enugu and Ebonyi) yet some idiots no get shame.
Truth is in the next 10years with this trend, crime will heighten, people will have zero skill (only yahooyahoo skill), large number of Nigeria youths are headed nowhere with this internet scam stuff hardship with laziness has lured them into.

Politicians intentionally making them hungry and jobless which in turn makes them ready political tools.
Watch the unborn suffer lot lot more...

The issue is more pathetic than a common mind can sense.

Now coronavirus is finally here. I hope doesn't finish what is left, the only thing this country can boast of _Human capacity.
This country is where I have seen the real grace of God. People are surviving the impossible.

I am not aiming to write an articulated text for your reading pleasure. I agree I no even know book. The pain in my heart pass knowing book. If you can't put together whatever I write here, I no kuku get time to explain.
Lets call it what it is; It's not well.

Sorry Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by Dubembiafra: 6:30am On Feb 28, 2020
All hail Biafra

1 Like

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by OakConsultNG: 6:31am On Feb 28, 2020
Okay..

Obtain your TIN. Register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.
Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 28, 2020
We should worry about the spread and control of the coronavirus that just entered into out country not one foolish election campaign that can help facilitate the spread.

God help this dreadful country called Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by EdoPrince93(m): 6:33am On Feb 28, 2020
Just wondering how this will help console Nigerians after this heartbreak of coronavirus.... embarassed undecided
Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by Tulsaguy: 6:34am On Feb 28, 2020
Ekwere beware Ipob boys ur nemesis lurks around...

1 Like

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by Amuluonyenaego: 6:36am On Feb 28, 2020
first case of coronavirus has been confirmed in Lagos State ooooo
Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by fulaniHERDSman(m): 6:39am On Feb 28, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:
We should worry about the spread and control of the coronavirus that just entered into out country not one foolish election campaign that can help facilitate the spread.

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by Adewale623(m): 6:40am On Feb 28, 2020
Formality, is there any other party that state to contest the election with them?

1 Like

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by Cornel101: 6:41am On Feb 28, 2020
Louis Imoke is simply a paid image launderer that will forever defend this docile Governor’s action even if auctions the whole of Enugu to his family and cronies.I am from the same village with this overfed baby governor,And i can tell anyone that wants to listen that contrary to what his media team led by Imoke wants us to believe,the governor is only good at grabbing our village people’s land and enriching his family.Both i and the governor are from Orba and our local government is Udenu LGA. Can you believe that the PDP flag bearer for the local government chairman and the vice are Ugwuanyi’s first cousins from the maternal side.I mean the governor,the local government chairman and vice chairman hopeful have the same grandma and graduated.

1 Like

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by tempem: 6:44am On Feb 28, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:

Seconded!

https://tomvad.com/coronavirus-5-tips-on-how-to-stay-safe/
Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by Sonnobax15(m): 6:50am On Feb 28, 2020
grin Ekweremadu...i don't know why i feel like eating roasted yam whenever i hear that name...

1 Like

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by wonuks(m): 6:50am On Feb 28, 2020
cool
Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by Wantedmiller: 6:50am On Feb 28, 2020
Is there any need for campaign......cos we know wetin go happen last last

PDP will eat up the poll like no other party contested.

It should be State government appointment.....
Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by odeebee: 6:50am On Feb 28, 2020
Braking Limits ke! Abeg make dem leave our LIVING FAITH theme alone oo
Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by RepentanceSure: 6:52am On Feb 28, 2020
Something Sullivan will do automatic return for all PDP Chiarman and Councillor
Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by Ferdinandu(m): 6:52am On Feb 28, 2020
Audio Election. At the end of the election. PDP 17 APC 0
Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by money121(m): 6:54am On Feb 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:58am On Feb 28, 2020
042 is pdp..you can take that to aso rock .

special shout out to ...
amb justina eze ,
engr vita abba

nsukka dejee

2 Likes

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 28, 2020
Yes o, all we ask for is pdp everywhere within the entirety of this nation, if we don't get it then we turn Nigeria to a zoo

1 Like

Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by knowhowk: 7:02am On Feb 28, 2020
Politics by Politicians .We need Good Leaders not Politicians.But will Good Leaders involve in Politics.
Re: Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP by helinues: 7:02am On Feb 28, 2020
All the best to them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soyombo To Customs: Investigate The Murder Of 2 Anti-smuggling Informants / NLC Vs Labour Party Update: NLC HQ Orders Picketing Of Labour Party Offices / Buhari's Certificate Saga the REAL STORY they are hiding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.