Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,573 members, 7,837,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill (33139 Views)

Enrol Your Children In Schools Or Go To Jail – Senate Bill / Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill / Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by Tenshades(m): 8:47am On Feb 28, 2020
Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 28, 2020
CSTR2:

The militants never attacked soft targets.

If they did, they would have been terrorists.

They are arsonists at best.
I agree. But not everyone sees it that way, and definitely not this present govt. Some see it as a way to enrich ones kinsmen. Just like GEJ did, after Yaradua started it.

But a killer is a killer, a terrorist is a terrorist, soft or hard targets and should be treated as such. Rather than rewarding and placating them in the name of amnesty.
Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by Zagee: 8:49am On Feb 28, 2020
tsephanyah:
Providing scholarship for them is good option. Let them study hard we might have a president amongst them. From been a Boko Haram member to be a minister or president. They will write books about you.. Good luck
I don't know if you're trying to carve a niche for yourself with your low I.Q writeups. Congratulations!! You are a constant irritant. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by collitexnaira(m): 8:49am On Feb 28, 2020
I feel like smashing my phone on the floor after reading this news . Same news about these repentant boko haram made me angrily left nairaland yesterday

Does these people in government even reason deep at all, do they even have conscience. How can you be rewarding terrorists who has maimed, murdered destroyed properties, put the country in disarray and their victims were only confined in IDP camps without extending any of these rewards to them.

These goes a long way to show that this government have a hand in this terrorism. Because all these doesn't make sense to me oo. Terrorists should be sentenced or hanged, not treating them with kid groves

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by Jacksyn09(m): 8:49am On Feb 28, 2020
Once this has been passed, I’m taking up arms for real.
I’ll die trying and if I eventually succeeded in terrorizing the government, then we can sue for peace and I’ll be granted amnesty and sent overseas for further education

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by West2019(m): 8:49am On Feb 28, 2020
Jesus Christ Buhari will never see peace

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by innobarca(m): 8:50am On Feb 28, 2020
nengibo:

Does the senator understand that boko haram is fighting against western education

Maybe the boko boys now see it as business.

1 Like

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by moorevic(m): 8:50am On Feb 28, 2020
The shittes, sowore & co, Igbos should also be released as i believe they've all repented. Foolish government

1 Like

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by Deasegun19(m): 8:51am On Feb 28, 2020
wow. just wow. make I go join be that? stupid country.
How can a sane country be sympathizing with terrorist?

1 Like

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by delight71: 8:51am On Feb 28, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
To enjoy what they are fighting against?

The word "bokoharam" means foreign education is a sin.
That's it ..

1 Like

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by DennisEche(m): 8:53am On Feb 28, 2020
The question is what are the southern senators saying about the bill, can't they oppose it.. Useless govt, so this is their plan all along to give them same Naija Delta treatment but the fail to realize that bh and Nig delta militant are different things. One for agitation against oppression from proceed of their own resources while the other is for war against western education and establishment of Islamic caliphate. North truly deserve what they get

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by oluwaahmed: 8:53am On Feb 28, 2020
This is the reason why GEJ was booted out of office. They fooled many Nigerians in believing that the Nigerian economy would crash should GEJ be re-elected, and boko would kill us in our sleep because of GEJ; yet everything still happened. We need to be weary of these guys, they even have a pastor from a renowned church working for them as a crafty deception of their main aim. This is why buhari was rigged in and saraki + dino removed from senate because this people would have never allowed the bill to pass first reading. Who would have thought that this bill would even pass first reason. Guy wake up oooo.

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by olakintanj(m): 8:54am On Feb 28, 2020
punisha:
sad

It will never be well with that dullard of a presidnt.
Cursed shall lawan and the rest of them be.
They will pray for death and they won't find it.
They relive their wickedness until it eats them up.
How many orphans, beggars, graduates have gotten such attention? How many brilliant Nigerians have gotten the chance to be useful to the country and world at large?
Which system rewards the victims of these same murderers? What reward are they getting for displacement , being war thorn apart, losing family members or body parts?
The blood of the victims will remain on your hands Buhari and your generation to come.
These and many more were the reasons why they don't like Saraki. Now we have rubber stamp Senate President and senators

1 Like

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by IFNOTGOD(m): 8:55am On Feb 28, 2020
StreetFight:
Just the same thing done for repentant militants. Several repentant militants are in foreign schools all over the world on government expenses. The ones that are in Nigeria earn more than teachers and policemen just because they kidnapped and killed several Nigerians and foreigners and also bombed several pipelines, but now, they have agreed to stop the killings and destruction of infrastructure.

But, will government also make terrorists leaders billionaires as was done to militant leaders like Asari Dokuboh, Ateke Tom, Government Tompolo, John Boyloaf, e.t.c. ?

We are all mad in this country.

if I may ask what is d agitation of boko haram?
is it d ones dat said western education is a sin u want to educate?
u are comparing Niger Delta militants with killers
I bet if Ur family was among those killed u would have d guts to make dis comparison

dey killed n slaughter humans daily can u compare their atrocities?

militants bombed oil facilities n did kidnapping of only well to do individuals not a sect dat killed, maimed, n destroyed both properties n lives
dey are now kidnapping d poor on a daily basis
sometimes I wonder if some of u who comment on threads for likes n shares are sensible

may dey kill Ur family members as dey are doing to others let me see if u will come here talk trash
pipelines can b replaced, can u replace human life?

d bombing of pipelines one way or d oda created employment for people what has boko haram created if not sorrows

what happens to those whose means of livelihood were destroyed, those displaced n families separated, those kidnapped n forced into slavery in their camp?

what happens to the soldiers who died, their family n kids

try to get sense n stop comparing rubbish.

come to Niger Delta n know d effect of oil.exploration, while their head office is in Lagos n Abuja dey destroy n degrade d environment n also put their family members at d top while giving those whose environment is destroyed peanut.

how many banana island did u see in d south
where oil is been explored?

what is d cost of land in Abuja n Lagos relating to those in d south?

do u think if these companies in d Niger Delta have their head office in most southern state some places will have better things Dan dem?

name one southerner who is at d helm of affairs in nnpc, exon Mobil, shell n d likes but we have Northerners who are also d owners of d oil well in our own south.

ode stop dis stupid comparism

3 Likes

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by DennisEche(m): 8:56am On Feb 28, 2020
DonCaxton:

I agree. But not everyone sees it that way, and definitely not this present govt. Some see it as a way to enrich ones kinsmen. Just like GEJ did.

But a killer is a killer, a terrorist is a terrorist, soft or hard targets and should be treated as such. Rather than rewarding and placating them in the name of amnesty.
Yaradua did and not GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by anonimi: 8:57am On Feb 28, 2020
chatinent:
This single act is promoting terrorism.

What of the acts below, were they also promoting terrorism?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10923643_20200107222349_jpeg7d5a2e4b90a1a8d2e51259f0dff08857

Buhari faults clampdown on Boko Haram members
June 2, 2013

Former Head of State and Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Major General Muhammadu Buhari has faulted the federal government’s clampdown on Boko Haram Islamic insurgents.

He accused the government of killing and destroying their houses while the Niger Delta militants were given special treatment by the government.
Buhari who spoke on Sunday on a Liberty Radio programme, Guest of the Week monitored in Kaduna also admitted that the road to the registration of the All Progressive Congress (APC) was rough, pointing out that the promoters of the party were well prepared for any hitch that may arise.
Buhari who first spoke in Hausa before the English version accused politicians from the Niger Delta region of starting the current in security in the country by recruiting and arming youths of the region in their desperate attempt to retain power as governors.

The former Nigerian leader said that unlike the special treatment given to the Niger Delta militants by the federal government, the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished by government.
While accusing President Jonathan of failing from the beginning to address the security situation in the country, Buhari said he has never been in support of the state of emergency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa state.
According to Buhari “what is responsible for the security situation in the country is caused by the activities of Niger Delta militants. Every Nigerian that is familiar with what is happening knows this. The Niger Delta militants started it all.

“What happened is that the governors of the Niger Delta region at that time wanted to win their elections. So they recruited the youths and gave them guns and bullets and used them against their opponents to win elections by force.
“After the elections were over, they asked the boys to return the guns; the boys refused to return the guns. Because of that, the allowance that was being given to the youths by the governors during that time was stopped.

“The youths resorted to kidnapping oil workers and were collecting dollars as ransom. Now a boy of 18 to 20 years was getting about 500 dollars in a week, why will he go to school and spend 20 years to study and then come back and get employed by government to be paid N100,000 a month, that is if he is lucky to get employment.

“So kidnapping becomes very rampant in the South -South and the South -East. They kidnapped people and were collecting money.
“How did Boko Haram start? We know that their leader, Mohammed Yusuf started his militant and the police couldn’t control them and the army was invited. He was arrested by soldiers and handed over to the police.
“The appropriate thing to do, according to the law, was for the police to carry out investigations and charge him to court for prosecution, but they killed him, his in-law was killed, they went and demolished their houses.

“Because of that, his supporters resorted to what they are doing today. You see in the case of the Niger Delta militants, the late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua sent an aeroplane to bring them, he sat down with them and discussed with them, they were cajoled, and they were given money and granted amnesty.
“They were trained in some skills and were given employment, but the ones in the north were being killed and their houses were being demolished. They are different issues, what brought this? It is injustice”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-faults-clampdown-on-boko-haram-members/

[img]https://3.bp..com/-94fjo4Rrwe8/VYYMH1qZ3eI/AAAAAAAAEg4/YQJPLvPXfq0/s400/buhari-military-offensive.jpg[/img]

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by xynerise: 8:58am On Feb 28, 2020
Government is Boko Haram

The killers gets better offer than the victims.

Nigeria is in trouble

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by anonimi: 9:03am On Feb 28, 2020
DennisEche:
Yaradua did and not GEJ.

Thanks for clearing up the misconception with those who have no clue about their recent history talk less of history of long ago.

President offers amnesty to Niger Delta militants
25/06/2009

Nigerian President Umaru Yar'Adua on Thursday offered militants in the oil-rich Niger Delta an amnesty in a bid to halt attacks on international oil companies.

"I hereby grant amnesty and unconditional pardon to all persons who have directly or indirectly participated in the commission of offences associated with militant activities in the Niger Delta," Yar'Adua said.

He said the "offer of amnesty is open to all militants for a period of 60 days".

The president did not immediately say when exactly the amnesty offer will take effect, but added that "the proclamation shall cease to have effect from 4th October 2009."

Yar'Adua urged the militants, who have waged violent attacks on Nigeria's multi-billion-dollar oil and gas industry since the beginning of 2006, to lay down their arms.

"The offer of amnesty is predicated on the willingness and readiness of the militants to give up all illegal arms in their possession, completely renounce militancy in all its ramifications unconditionally, and depose an undertaking to this effect," he said.

The announcement came shortly after a meeting between Yar'Adua and the National Council of State comprising former heads of state, senate president, speaker (head) of the lower house of parliament, state governors and chief justice of the federation.

https://www.france24.com/en/20090625-president-offers-amnesty-niger-delta-militants-

3 Likes

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by anonimi: 9:05am On Feb 28, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by Addey22(f): 9:06am On Feb 28, 2020
Oluwamarc:

https://punchng.com/repentant-terrorists-to-enjoy-foreign-education-senate-bill/amp/

Just like amnesty was given to South south militants. What's the difference here
Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 28, 2020
WAR IS COMING, WE NEED TO PREPARE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by HeavenlyHolines(m): 9:09am On Feb 28, 2020
are they telling us that crime pays or crime is a way to getting scholarship or visas abroad? God will help Nigeria. we don`t really understand amnesty. You can help and give Amnesty to people who r fighting for a just course and not the one that is inhumane

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by olexjay(m): 9:09am On Feb 28, 2020
I'm not even understanding this country anymore, I'm just speechless

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by anonimi: 9:10am On Feb 28, 2020
Zagee:
I don't know if you're trying to carve a niche for yourself with your low I.Q writeups. Congratulations!! You are a constant irritant. smiley

Tsephanyah is pushing the jihad agenda of the Sokoto caliphate in addition to what barawo bubu is doing very well in government already.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937527_buharisardauna_jpegcb12decad1bd9dd31b45d009f2877b1f

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 28, 2020
With whose money. Don't tell me its with tax payers money whom they have been killing. If the senate will use their salary no worries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by anonimi: 9:11am On Feb 28, 2020
Addey22:
Just like amnesty was given to South south militants. What's the difference here

How much revenue is paid into the federation account from the areas of interest to Boko Haram terrorists?

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by oglalasioux(m): 9:12am On Feb 28, 2020
If it's going to stop the killings then I'm in support. The north east people has suffered enough.
Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by tsephanyah(f): 9:13am On Feb 28, 2020
anonimi:

Tsephanyah is pushing the jihad agenda of the Sokoto caliphate in addition to what barawo bubu is doing very well in government already.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937527_buharisardauna_jpegcb12decad1bd9dd31b45d009f2877b1f
Allah sarki... sarduana is already proud of Buhari..
Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by Alfredah01: 9:13am On Feb 28, 2020
Oluwamarc:

https://punchng.com/repentant-terrorists-to-enjoy-foreign-education-senate-bill/amp/

The same set of people fighting against western education and Nigerian govt want to force the education to them while 100’s of citizens are hungry for education but don’t have the opportunity. Inside life

1 Like

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by anonimi: 9:15am On Feb 28, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill by SpartanKing: 9:17am On Feb 28, 2020
tsephanyah:
Providing scholarship for them is good option. Let them study hard we might have a president amongst them. From been a Boko Haram member to be a minister or president. They will write books about you.. Good luck
For some people to like and share your comment means that, we have stupid people around!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Policemen Boo Gov Matawalle After Bandits’ Murder Of 13 Colleagues / Dino Melaye Didn't Graduate From Ahmadu Bello University Zaria- Sahara Reporters / Condemn The Murder In Your Region The Way You Did In Sokoto - Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.