Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video (27940 Views)

Lazarus Muoka Of Chosen Prays for Jonathan (Photos) / Adeboye Prays For Goodluck Jonathan 2012 / Pastor Adeboye Prays At UN Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by OAM4J: 5:07am On Dec 19, 2010

[size=14pt]Video :[/size] http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=473504758779&oid=87046278487&comments&ref=mf

I am your sitting president, pray for me so that I will not deviate from the fear of God, 

-President Goodluck Jonathan kneeling before Pastor Enoch Adeboye at the Holy Ghost Congress on Friday night. Photo: State House

[size=14pt]Jonathan goes spiritual on insecurity[/size]
Nigerian President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan has admitted that natural and acquired intellect, strategic plans and formidable defence were altogether insufficient to tackle the alarming rate of insecurity in the nation, except by divine intervention.

The president assured that his government would employ all means to ensure that the alarming incidents of kidnapping and threat to lives and property in Nigeria became a thing of the past, before the end of the first half of next year.

President Jonathan, while speaking at the just concluded annual Holy Ghost Congress of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, on Friday night, held at the Redeemed Camp, Lagos- Ibadan Express Road, reiterated that his government was committed to phasing out kidnapping in Nigeria and assured the people on security of lives and property ahead of next year’s general elections.

He stated that his government was aware that there would be no meaningful economic development in Nigeria if incidents of kidnapping persisted.

“I promise you that we will do everything to phase out kidnapping in Nigeria by the first half of next year, this is because there cannot be any development in a nation with high rate of kidnapping. Nobody will want to do business where there is no safety.

[b]“Safety in Nigeria is the priority of our government, just pray for us that God should give us wisdom. We will work hard against robbery; we are committed to tackling corruption and mismanagement of public funds and we are also committed to education development. But I must tell you that none of these will work if God is not there for us. Pray that God should guide us.

“It is only God that can help me to change things. Pray for me now that I am the sitting president of your country. Pray for me not to deviate from the fear of God,” the president stated.

Speaking on the 2011 general elections, President Jonathan, who enjoined Nigerians to pray against any self- imposed leader at all levels, stressed that the stability and expected meaningful development in Nigeria could only come with the emergence of true leaders in the coming elections.

“I have discovered that whenever the country is drifting, Christians will always rise to pray and ensure stability. I am here tonight to submit myself to you and God for prayers. My political history was just like that of David in the Bible who did not know that he would become a king. I did not struggle for political position, it is never my efforts, that is why, anything I have to do, I do with the fear of God. Therefore, pray for me not to drift from His fear,” he said.
[/b]
Based on his request, president Jonathan knelt down before the congregation and he was prayed for at the Holy Ghost Congress.

While commending Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the church, President Jonathan, who was attending the programme for the first time in its 13 years of existence, noted that when he visited the pastor in 2007 in company of his late boss, Musa Yar’Adua, “he prayed for us and all he told us came to pass.”

President Jonathan left the Holy Ghost Congress at about 12 midnight.
In his response, Pastor Adeboye reiterated that Nigerian Christians would not fold their arms and watch during the coming general elections promised to lead the fight against any cheating during elections. He warned the leadership of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) against rigging.

He said: “I am a Nigerian; I love Nigeria and it is going to be well with Nigeria. I want to say it again, Christians, you must register, you must vote and be ready to defend your vote. INEC, we love you, but no magomago this time. I will lead the fight, if we suspect any magomago. Give us a free and fair election, whatever the result is, just give us a free and fair election.”

extracted from Here
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by OAM4J: 5:08am On Dec 19, 2010
Amen! cool

Obama was also prayed for before he became President

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Nobody: 5:08am On Dec 19, 2010
Oh dear dear dear!!

JEGA boo, you could have come to me. We'd have prayed together. Who doesnt like a night vigil once in a while.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Osama10(m): 5:23am On Dec 19, 2010
Just do the right thing GEJ, fix our roads, electricity, education, health care and you don't need any campaign for the coming elections.

Prayer without works is dead.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by strangerf: 5:54am On Dec 19, 2010
This is becoming interesting

When will Atiku show up?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by slap1(m): 6:29am On Dec 19, 2010
strangerf:

When will Atiku show up?
To each his own. Atiku is importing arms for post-election 'war'.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 19, 2010
strangerf:

When will Atiku show up?

Atiku is not coming, he has got enough of both local and imported marabouts staying and praying indoors 24/7 for him for the past couple off months. Or do you think its ordinary political skill that gave him the votes of the nine old wise men? cheesy grin.

These guys live their lives according to the advise and dictates of marabouts from Niger and Chad. Once in Aso Rock, these guys bring the folks and permanently lodged them in some of the numerous chalets.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by redsun(m): 9:13am On Dec 19, 2010
Is that for real?or just photoshopped?Will JEG be that naive to bow for an illusionist like adeboye?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by tomiade1(m): 10:03am On Dec 19, 2010
redsun:

Is that for real?or just photoshopped?Will JEG be that naive to bow for an illusionist like adeboye?

$H*T, Campaign strategy angry angry angry angry
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Alxmyr(m): 10:28am On Dec 19, 2010
redsun:

You are pathetic.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by tunnytox(m): 11:03am On Dec 19, 2010
redsun:

Is that for real?or just photoshopped?Will JEG be that naive to bow for[b] an illusionist like adeboye?[/b]

May be GEJ is an illusionist too? or rather it is you who is deluded undecided
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by egift(m): 11:58am On Dec 19, 2010
How many times do a Muslim pray a day? GEJ have got to do more than this photo ops - if he intend to go far.

Though am yet to know how such prayers get answered - since after such a wonderful session like this, he will still go back, pal and conspire with some of the know political crooks Nigeria ever produced. grin grin grin

He needs more than luck now. All the best.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Depointer1: 12:07pm On Dec 19, 2010
This is obviously a campaign strategy. You dont need a prophet to cling to the presidency, all you need is to make an impact  on the poor electorate. Those people driving the country to a death park are often found in church and holly ghost camp per say. Once people see them in this type of gathering they immediately trust them. Politicians like GED have some political psychologists who know what Nigerians are always happy about. Seeing GED in Christian camp should not make us belief that GED has a better promise for us. Religion has nothing to with politics, but humanity and good social policy that will touch every Nigerians can make you win peoples heart. Yesterday GED was in Ife for a Chieftaincy title and today he is in Holly Ghost, tomorrow he is a secret cult meeting with the looters for endorsement. Who is fooling who? Nigerians should be wise enough to relate this olden days campaign strategy to OBJ , he also did the same to achieve his aim but weren't people let down? I will rather cast my vote for one who is a free thinker with a good program than one who visits various crowded occasion to impress with his presence without having by now anything to expect.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Depointer1: 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2010
Though am yet to know how such prayers get answered

The prayers get answered. Since 1960 Nigerians still spend hours in prayer session for a good governance while all those people in government are laughing their cock off to the bank. Some leaders in the western world dont do religion and I keep wondering why they are developing their own country.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Ymodulus: 12:50pm On Dec 19, 2010
Christians and there so called god of polictics. na wao o.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by marvix(m): 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2010
Depointer1:

This is obviously a campaign strategy. You dont need a prophet to cling to the presidency, all you need is to make an impact on the poor electorate. Those people driving the country to a death park are often found in church and holly ghost camp per say. Once people see them in this type of gathering they immediately trust them. Politicians like GED have some political psychologists who know what Nigerians are always happy about. Seeing GED in Christian camp should not make us belief that GED has a better promise for us. Religion has nothing to with politics, but humanity and good social policy that will touch every Nigerians can make you win peoples heart. Yesterday GED was in Ife for a Chieftaincy title and today he is in Holly Ghost, tomorrow he is a secret cult meeting with the looters for endorsement. Who is fooling who? Nigerians should be wise enough to relate this olden days campaign strategy to OBJ , he also did the same to achieve his aim but weren't people let down? I will rather cast my vote for one who is a free thinker with a good program than one who visits various crowded occasion to impress with his presence without having by now anything to expect.

@Depointer, impacting the electorate alone does not also assure of victory at the polls. If this is a campaign strategy he sure has gotten my vote and some few million folks who like to see their president acknowledge God publicly to the extent of kneeling at the podium for prayers.

If he likes he goes to secret cult tomorrow its only more votes he is going there to get and that is what elections are all about, if I were one of his advisers, I would advice him to join Sambo on the last friday of the year at the Central Mosque for prayers for the nation and for themselves, he should join them by sitting on the ground and even decline giving any speech, just ask that the muslim faithfuls join him in prayers for this nation.

Even if GEJ loses the elections it cant be the end of his world or his life, as a matter of fact his life has just begun, whatever happens its a win win for Jonathan but I cant say for Nigeria.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by redsun(m): 1:54pm On Dec 19, 2010
Alxmyr:

You are pathetic.

tunnytox:

May be GEJ is an illusionist too? or rather it is you who is deluded  undecided

You guys wonder why the country is going backward even when it is clear you guys are mentally deluded,including the presi-thief.

The brain can't function while clouded by delusion.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by desgiezd(m): 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2010
I love it when men of means and power empty themselves before God in total humility and submission acknowledging that ultimate power belongs to Him.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by redsun(m): 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2010
I didn't know jonathan is this obviously stupid.Instead of being a source of light to gullible and mentally depressed nigerians,he is openly leading them in the same part of doom-Hail mary.

Anyway,it could be a trick because keeping nigerians in the state of delusion is why the politicians get away with anything.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by SapeleGuy: 2:40pm On Dec 19, 2010
Just imagine the transport money offering that went into the collection. Shakes head ruefully and moves on.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by redsun(m): 3:01pm On Dec 19, 2010
It will be triple of what he offered Bakare,for the fact that this guy is seen as a big fish in the deluded circle and he is not going to refuse it.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Becomrich12: 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2010
OAM4J=redsun=SapeleGuy=desgiezd=marvix

OAM4J God rejected that Pastor adeboye prayer. God does not accept prayers like that. That is prayer for political motive. You can see in Obama case, they took Obama into a room. God rejected that prayer, that prayer did not go beyoud redeemed camp. Go and find out how prayers are made.

Matthew 6:5 - 7

5. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Jesus says you must definitely not pray as the hypocrites pray.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Matthew 23:14

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

i do not think bakare was telling lies. Bakare would not be telling lies over sure an issue. And there were other people there too. even the minister said he gave the money.

anyone can be prayed for, but using it for politics is bad. it was a political motivated. that is bad about it.

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by nduchucks: 3:21pm On Dec 19, 2010
GEJ is so desperate that he didn't see anything wrong with politicizing an act of worship. You don't get to use an act of worship of the Almighty God to score cheap political points and get away with it. May his sins be forgiven.

As pointed out with the above post, Ibori did the same thing before his downfall. God will not be mocked.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by marcdunu: 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2010
Pastor Adeboye has clearly done well for himself.

Since Jonathan does not believe in his own policies to take Nigeria out of the woods except for devine intervention; then Jonny boy should consider handing over to the Pastor who from his judgement is closer to God to run Nigeria for us.

This is an admission of cluelessness and helplessness.

It is one thing to pray to God for wisdom, it is quite another to say that great policies and strategies just can't work without devine intervention. Whatabout countries who have been successful even they don't pray to the same God or pray to nothing at all?

You know the future of a country is bleak when mediocres are elevated to the highest office in the land. The only person smilling right now is Adeboye and I am sure he will be smiling to the Bank on Monday morning.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by redsun(m): 3:24pm On Dec 19, 2010
The infamous hand shake with Idi Amin

Becomrich?:

OAM4J=redsun=SapeleGuy=desgiezd=marvix
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Becomrich12: 3:24pm On Dec 19, 2010
This is what would determine who get the president not pastor adeboye. God does not stand up for injustice OAM4J.  The bible says God is not a respected of any man. God has no respect for a president, God for a pastor, God has no respect for pastor adeboye. And God does not support cheating. If Jonathan and the PDP do not correct the injustice Yorubas are going to vote against them.

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by desgiezd(m): 3:25pm On Dec 19, 2010
@ Becomrich

I am me and not anyone else so stop deceiving yourself. Moreover, shouldn't you look at people's style of writing before lumping them together as one and the same individual?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Becomrich12: 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2010
You say so, I know your 419 trick. Do you think we are fools.

You can see this is Nasa pictures. and If you want me to switch satellite I can for you to see, that all satellite out theere are showing the samething. Either by  china,russia or USA.

I am a person who does not believe in injustice and does not support injustice.  God is not a God of injustice, God does not support people who do injustice to others, jonathan going about looking for endorse is wrong. All he need is to do the rightthing. Which him and his party are not doing.

I am a person that believes in God I dont support injustice.

Look at this NASA picture again. So I am not trying to trick any of you.  Like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego , I would not bow down for any other god, Image or man or priest except for the Almight God.  And God is a God that does not support injustice.  I stand only by the side of GOD and the side of Justice and not by the side of any man.

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Becomrich12: 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2010
this is the issue

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by redsun(m): 3:42pm On Dec 19, 2010
Nigeria is in a serious jam.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Just imagine the transport money offering that went into the collection. Shakes head ruefully and moves on.

gimme some of that due and customary tithe cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by pingpong1: 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2010
This becomrich, at times you wont know whether he is wrting in French, Cantonese, or Hindi. His English is TERRIBLE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Warns Lai Mohammed: 'Stop Insulting PDP Or I Will Spank You' / 2023: LP Will Get At Least 15 Votes In Every Polling Unit, Says Pat Utomi / Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.