Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video (27924 Views)

Lazarus Muoka Of Chosen Prays for Jonathan (Photos) / Adeboye Prays For Goodluck Jonathan 2012 / Pastor Adeboye Prays At UN Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by MRFAVOUR1: 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2010
Thank God, mr president recongnise the power vested on men of God, so am not surprised especially with a man of God like pastor Adeboye.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Dahbutter(m): 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2010
If men who have intentionally been secretly sworn into ocultic societies and pledged alligence to the evil existing systems in the name of power decide to get certification from God's servant in the open and think they are being smart, if they r obliged the action will stand against them in negative judgement in future, examples are abound- ibori, ibru et al. However it is equally  dangerous 4 a servant of God to accept one who has been rejected by God, as they will become a curse on the nation they govern and its inhabitants. Hence it is important in such cases that men of God function in the annointing of the Holyspirt, otherwise the result shall b many more years of pain. God is not moved by acts of humility if not genuine. he who has an ear let him. . . .
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by jaephoenix(m): 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2010
@lastpage,rhino,guys chop knuckle.infact I 4 buy una beer.Nigerians r d most gullible mortals d walked d Earth.Just becos a politician knelt b4 a'pastor',their heart has been won over.last 2 wks,GEJ said he was broke n needed money 4 campaign,sayin he doesnt want 2 chop govt money,Nigerians got their collective panties wet,yellin that he s a good man.Even with d sorry way things r in this country?and obviously,its not goin 2 change(4get what he said about power,we r not stupid)
@desgeized,marvix,sorry but r u guys dat daft?.So if IBB prostrates b4 a 'Man of God',without changin his ways, its all good?d problem is people like u constitute d bulk of d youth
Am not backin anybody,dont get me wrong.D present crop of politicians r evil.GEJ obviously has d best advisors,seeing he's targetin d youths which constitute a chunk of d population,n guess what?,dey r fallin 4 it.Am a youth,but we r intellectually bankrupt dafties
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by idifu(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2010
Adeboye praying 4 Jonathan to succeed in looting our treasury dats d way i c it, Adeboye needs 2 be told d truth i am not one of those D.i.c.k riders dat are stuck on Adeboye's D.I.C.K he did the same to OBJ ,he did the same to Gbenga Daniel, Obanikoro e.t.c
Fela said it already dat church n mosque av turned to circus shows hehehehhe
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by omega4ever: 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2010
@zeminar: Laughing out Loud! You should translate for our non-Yoruba kins :-)
@redsun: Immediately I saw the word waanker in your post, I had to check out your signature because I knew it would definitely come from the UK :-)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=572271.msg7380550
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by sley4life(m): 2:35pm On Dec 21, 2010
collect enough miracle my man. i send holy ghost fire to atiku and his co-hots
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by IYANGBALI: 6:33pm On Dec 21, 2010
and so f^kn wot?is the president not a human being?abeg make we hear word jo{hisses and walks away}
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by swiftycool(m): 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2010
How humble of Mr president to kneel in humility for the prayers before the same people he would hours later come to disrupt their lives and businesses by grinding traffic to a halt for hours causing many trauma and economic losses, yet not showing up. I love that kind of humble guy oh!. Nigerians, You can keep deceiving yourselves, this man is in it for himself like all others before him and many in his party full stop.

Er,. . . and the Christian community?. . . . . well,  fooled again as usual maybe for another four years by the same clique of selfish political class that have done it over and over and over again. When will u ever learn,

me i kuku dey jand dey watch una stupidity from afar  tongue
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by software(m): 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2010
i wondr wetin concern baba adeboye and jonathan, the truth should be told to them instead of praying for them and petting dem,
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by bowei(m): 11:00pm On Dec 21, 2010
This religious prostitution i'm sure is sect in Olumba-Olumba would surely be pissed
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by lastpage: 12:12am On Dec 22, 2010
@haboosa - dont mind those covetous, and selfish people we call our spiritual leaders, they dont merit the priest they are called, they dont care about the live of the poorest member of the church , all they care is luxuries, Private jet, bullet proof cars etal . the question is " Does Jesus Christ fly a private jet or ride a bullet proof car?" Shocked

You have SPOKEN, my brother!
Infact, if we go back to the Bible account of Jesus, they tried to kill him and found it SO DIFFICULT to identify and single him out, among his disciples!
In any church today, you can SMELL the Pastor/G.O/ Reverend from a mile Off!
His Italian-Armani suit is wicked!
The "Jerry-Curls" of some of them will put Micheal Jackson (of the new OMO fame!) to shame!
Check out their Alligator-Skin shoe
Check out the Rolex wristwatch!
Check those off-road 4-wheels with bullet exterior and all leather interior
Worst of all, check the kind of "aristocratic" chair they set-up for themselves in the high places!
(All animals/christians are equal my foot!)
Even their wife gets "automatic elevation" to Mummy-this, Mummy-that and she expects you to bow when talking to her! angry
(I go marry Pastor, Walahi!) kiss kiss wink

It took Judas (one of his disciples, a thief and treasury looter from day-one) to IDENTIFY Jesus to his abductors, using the fateful "Kiss-of-Death"!

Pray, tell me, how are these church leaders "CHRIST-LIKE"?

Christ never acquired properties all over Gallile or Jericho but these ones are not done with those they have in Nigeria and Europe, Now they joined Ibori and Ibru, in DUBAI! Haaaba? angry

***Christ took care of the poor, he FED them! These ones BLEED the poor! shocked
***Christ Chased away, whipped and scattered the tables of those desecrating his church (Wicked Burea-De-Change grin and 419's)
***Modern day Pastors are in cahoot in aiding and abetting thievery, and therefore guilty, by association!

Mind you, Christ "dressed well", he did not wear rags (remember those warders fought over his robe?) BUT he did not make ostentatious dressing the "center-piece" of his ministry.

The irony of the whole situation is that "WE ARE THE MOST RELIGIOUS YET THE MOST ENDANGERED BY POVERTY!

My old man used to say: If we say the truth, we stand condemned, if we lie, nothing changes, therefore, why not say the truth and be damned!

I have respect for anyone who says he is a man-of-God, let God judge their conscience but was it not Christ that said the following:

"And these would be the signs that says the end is at hand: Men will be lovers of money, many will come and deceive the people in my name, war and rumors of war (reminds me of Atiku! grin ), then know that the end is at hand"!

End of sermon grin wink
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Olumogun: 12:42am On Dec 22, 2010
^^^^^
This is a major problem in the church, yet that does not mean that BECAUSE MANY ARE GUILTY, THEN ALL ARE GUILTY.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by lastpage: 1:39am On Dec 22, 2010
^^^^^^Completely correct!
MANY/MOST and ALL can never be the same thing!

And l never said ALL are guilty!

I used the word "MOST/SOME" (see my post pls) which is another word for "MANY".
Infact, the phrase "ALL PASTORS" never appeared anywhere in my post!
Where did you come about "ALL"?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by OAM4J: 1:53am On Dec 22, 2010
lastpage:

You have SPOKEN, my brother!
Infact, if we go back to the Bible account of Jesus, they tried to kill him and found it SO DIFFICULT to identify and single him out, among his disciples!
In any church today, you can SMELL the Pastor/G.O/ Reverend from a mile Off!
His Italian-Armani suit is wicked!
The "Jerry-Curls" of some of them will put Micheal Jackson (of the new OMO fame!) to shame!
Check out their Alligator-Skin shoe
Check out the Rolex wristwatch!
Check those off-road 4-wheels with bullet exterior and all leather interior
Worst of all, check the kind of "aristocratic" chair they set-up for themselves in the high places!
(All animals/christians are equal my foot!)
Even their wife gets "automatic elevation" to Mummy-this, Mummy-that and she expects you to bow when talking to her! angry
(I go marry Pastor, Walahi!) kiss kiss wink

It took Judas (one of his disciples, a thief and treasury looter from day-one) to IDENTIFY Jesus to his abductors, using the fateful "Kiss-of-Death"!

Pray, tell me, how are these church leaders "CHRIST-LIKE"?

Christ never acquired properties all over Gallile or Jericho but these ones are not done with those they have in Nigeria and Europe, Now they joined Ibori and Ibru, in DUBAI! Haaaba? angry

***Christ took care of the poor, he FED them! These ones BLEED the poor! shocked
***Christ Chased away, whipped and scattered the tables of those desecrating his church (Wicked Burea-De-Change grin and 419's)
***Modern day Pastors are in cahoot in aiding and abetting thievery, and therefore guilty, by association!

Mind you, Christ "dressed well", he did not wear rags (remember those warders fought over his robe?) BUT he did not make ostentatious dressing the "center-piece" of his ministry.

The irony of the whole situation is that "WE ARE THE MOST RELIGIOUS YET THE MOST ENDANGERED BY POVERTY!

My old man used to say: If we say the truth, we stand condemned, if we lie, nothing changes, therefore, why not say the truth and be damned!

I have respect for anyone who says he is a man-of-God, let God judge their conscience but was it not Christ that said the following:

"And these would be the signs that says the end is at hand: Men will be lovers of money, many will come and deceive the people in my name, war and rumors of war (reminds me of Atiku! grin ), then know that the end is at hand"!

End of sermon grin wink

Preach on Pastor/Rev/Bishop/Archbishop/Primate/Pope/Cardinal . . , whichever

All these sermons on top say Jonathan went for prayers. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 22, 2010
Olumogun:

^^^^^
This is a major problem in the church, yet that does not mean that BECAUSE MANY ARE GUILTY, THEN ALL ARE GUILTY.

We work with numbers. If many (and I dare say a GREAT many) are guilty, then the few 'good' ones are as easy to locate as a needle in a haystack. Why then overemphasize the almost imperceptible minority over the preponderant majority?

Besides, this 'not all are like that' line of defence never ceases to amuse me. Just like how some hard-core sl.u.t.s use that line to protest whenever the love-peddling tendencies of most girls is being discussed. Funny thing is: the extremely few really good ones would NEVER defend themselves with that deceptive line. They'd rather admit the pervasive nature of the evil or just maintain a graceful, self-assured silence (but their own innocence puts their inner conscience at ease, which always shines through). It's always the most guilty ones that are quick to blurt out knee-jerk lines of defence such as "don't generalize", or "not all are like that". The polluted 95% always trying to squeeze themselves into the elusive category of the innocent 5%. . .really funny. We ouught to know better.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by KnowAll(m): 9:19am On Dec 22, 2010
It is good for a President to know there is powerful being more than him somewhere. A pastor, bishop or imam is just a conduit pipe to connect with the most high. After all people like IBB and Yaradua who had the key to our treasury at arms lenght could not safe a dying wife from the cold hands of death(despite the reputed millions$$$$ stashed away) nor Yaradua safe himself from the most important job in his career when the grim ripper came calling sadly he dosen't take bribe.

To dish the hand that feeds you, is the begining of man's foolishness, thank God Jonathan does not belong to this class of neanderthals, Jonathan knows he is a highly favoured man and he showed humility by kneeling down to the most high not in his closet but in the presence and prying eyes of envious, mishevious men and women who for all we care can go to blazes with their cankerworm, uninformed and unbalanced comments, this is one act I call a noble one worthy of extolling.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Akanbiedu(m): 10:03am On Dec 22, 2010
Jarus:

Political Implication of this picture:
1, Gains sympathy from deeply religious Southerners, and will be a bumper electoral advantage for him. This will add to his humility and divinity credential.
2, Gains further hatred and electoral disadvantage from the Muslim masses of the North, especially the illiterate ones(and they are in millions). All an opponent needs is discreetly circulate the pic across these highly religious-sensitive masses, and in Hausa language, attach a short message. It will take years to erase the message from their mind
3, The 'liberals' will criticize this. They will talk and shout. They will call it presidential subservience etc. It may reduce his estimation in their reckoning but will not affect their political choices.

So what's your position? Please don't think the illiterates in the south are better. In fact they are worse in the sense that they spread their ignorance through the media.

GEJ is a fraudster just like the Pastor he visited. This is an attempt to divide Nigeria further along religious lines. We already have zonal issues and to add religious issue is just too bad.

What PDP has successfully done so far is to divert attention away from religion and solve the zonal issue by rotating the presidency. Badluck Jonathan has already returned us to tribal days and now he is going to add the religious angle to it.

That dumb president is going to lead us into crisis.

Not that I expected better from him though. It has always been the case with underachievers who find themselves in position. The fear of being seen or called weak is driving him.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by idifu(m): 11:06am On Dec 22, 2010
@software u've spoken my mind dat was exactly wat i was talkin abt, Adeboye shld tell dem d truth if he's" trully"
man of God as they say he is
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by ayubam: 11:15am On Dec 22, 2010
You cannot dissociate a man from his party policies. Remember he got their through delegates votes and must represent them. How many evil men in a party will determine what will happen in Govt. As at today PDP has been there since 1999 and they have shown their stuffs. So it is time to try another party. That is how to make democracy work. No party in USA, UK and other developed economies can boast that they will RULE their nation for 80yrs. The power is vested on people. Cameron was brought in when people felt Labour had been too careless with their border control now he may likely be on his way out because of harsh economic principles vested on people.

Let us wake up and do the right thing once and for all. Nigeria case is always pathetic. We always have unprepared person becoming our president and they go their to experiment with our destinies,  e.g OBJ was not part of democratic struggles, yet in 1999, he got it, same with Yaradua, now Jonathan. 2 yrs ago, was jonathan thinking of presidency? Obama has been dreaming about it for yrs and was doing something worthwhile to EARN it. Here, opportunist without ideas rule us. Mrs Jonathan had launched Woman for Change Initiatives because she must be seen to have done something. Did she think of this 4 years ago. The Presidency seat is an highly exalted and responsible office and ill-prepared charlatans should not just get their on sentiments. Jonathan has done nothing to deserve this seat. Religious con will compare Jonathan with David but they forgot that it was recorded that David shepherd Israel with the INTEGRITY of his heart and SKILLFULNESS of his hands,

If South South must be president, present candidates with history of performance- not a perfect man but at least to recruit a manager of a coy, you will check his CV and what he has done in the past and what he can bring to the table. Please let us think when we contribute cos posterity will ask us what we did when all these injustices were going on.

Questions to ponder on. 1. If Nigeria is your fathers company (and yours by inheritance) and u traveled for a long time to meet your father's company in the state Nigeria is, will you employ someone like Jonathan to turn the company back to profitability with this present credentials?

2. If you are a recruitment consultant and a bank is at the verge of collapse and your interest is to bring the company out of crises, will you just automatically employ deputy managing director who was part of the team that mismanage the bank int the first place or will you look for credible managers with history of performance?

As for the prayer, there is provision in the word of God not to believe every prophet of God until you have tested them by the Spirit and the Word but I do not think there is provision to abuse them based on emotional sentiments. I feel the pain of posters but instead of railing abusive words against Prophets, let us simply SAY NO, I DISAGREE WITH THIS POSITION until we are giving opportunities to ask questions from the individual on while he did what he did.

Finally, if Jonathan wins, it might be concluded that it is the will of God just like Saul but people forgot so easily that when Saul was chosen, it was not time for Israel to have a king. In fact God told Samuel that they did not reject you but they rejected me from being King over them.

My advice, RSVP. Forget ethnic bias. Use your common sense. Learn from History. OBJ also became xtian but a recent convert do not aspire to go to leadership. He needs to be trained and tutored and develop character first before going to leadership. David killed bears with bare hands, killed goliath by the words he spoke and finished it with stone. Jonathan does not have the Spirit of reformer. He has started playing the old games---- bribe senators, give govs automatic tickets with the likes of Akala, and all sort of dirty games. A THRONE SECURED THROUGH COMPROMISE CAN NEVER BRING GOOD GOVERNANCE. WHAT TAKES U TO THE TOP WILL SUSTAIN YOU THERE.

And this is not about being a xtian or muslim or traditionalist? Abimelech was an idol worshiper yet God restrained him from Sleeping with Sarah because of the Integrity of his heart,  Selah
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by KnowAll(m): 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2010
You cannot dissociate a man from his party policies. Remember he got their through delegates votes and must represent them. How many evil men in a party will determine what will happen in Govt. As at today PDP has been there since 1999 and they have shown their stuffs. So it is time to try another party. That is how to make democracy work. No party in USA, UK and other developed economies can boast that they will RULE their nation for 80yrs. The power is vested on people. Cameron was brought in when people felt Labour had been too careless with their border control now he may likely be on his way out because of harsh economic principles vested on people.

Let us wake up and do the right thing once and for all. Nigeria case is always pathetic. We always have unprepared person becoming our president and they go their to experiment with our destinies, e.g OBJ was not part of democratic struggles, yet in 1999, he got it, same with Yaradua, now Jonathan. 2 yrs ago, was jonathan thinking of presidency? Obama has been dreaming about it for yrs and was doing something worthwhile to EARN it. Here, opportunist without ideas rule us. Mrs Jonathan had launched Woman for Change Initiatives because she must be seen to have done something. Did she think of this 4 years ago. The Presidency seat is an highly exalted and responsible office and ill-prepared charlatans should not just get their on sentiments. Jonathan has done nothing to deserve this seat. Religious con will compare Jonathan with David but they forgot that it was recorded that David shepherd Israel with the INTEGRITY of his heart and SKILLFULNESS of his hands,

If South South must be president, present candidates with history of performance- not a perfect man but at least to recruit a manager of a coy, you will check his CV and what he has done in the past and what he can bring to the table. Please let us think when we contribute cos posterity will ask us what we did when all these injustices were going on.

Questions to ponder on. 1. If Nigeria is your fathers company (and yours by inheritance) and u traveled for a long time to meet your father's company in the state Nigeria is, will you employ someone like Jonathan to turn the company back to profitability with this present credentials?

2. If you are a recruitment consultant and a bank is at the verge of collapse and your interest is to bring the company out of crises, will you just automatically employ deputy managing director who was part of the team that mismanage the bank int the first place or will you look for credible managers with history of performance?

As for the prayer, there is provision in the word of God not to believe every prophet of God until you have tested them by the Spirit and the Word but I do not think there is provision to abuse them based on emotional sentiments. I feel the pain of posters but instead of railing abusive words against Prophets, let us simply SAY NO, I DISAGREE WITH THIS POSITION until we are giving opportunities to ask questions from the individual on while he did what he did.

Finally, if Jonathan wins, it might be concluded that it is the will of God just like Saul but people forgot so easily that when Saul was chosen, it was not time for Israel to have a king. In fact God told Samuel that they did not reject you but they rejected me from being King over them.

My advice, RSVP. Forget ethnic bias. Use your common sense. Learn from History. OBJ also became xtian but a recent convert do not aspire to go to leadership. He needs to be trained and tutored and develop character first before going to leadership. David killed bears with bare hands, killed goliath by the words he spoke and finished it with stone. Jonathan does not have the Spirit of reformer. He has started playing the old games---- bribe senators, give govs automatic tickets with the likes of Akala, and all sort of dirty games. A THRONE SECURED THROUGH COMPROMISE CAN NEVER BRING GOOD GOVERNANCE. WHAT TAKES U TO THE TOP WILL SUSTAIN YOU THERE.

And this is not about being a xtian or muslim or traditionalist? Abimelech was an idol worshiper yet God restrained him from Sleeping with Sarah because of the Integrity of his heart, Selah

[b]Mr man the President of a nation is not an accidental or opportunistic affair where the best man would necessary get the job. It is a job for the highly favoured super humans. It is not about whether u went to Oxford, Cambridge or even Harvard; you would be surprise a highly favoured man from a backwater like Kogi State University would get it before someone that has un-countable doctorates from the most prized institutions in the world.

Becoming the President of a nation is neither a fluke nor a calculated progress ional career plan that any human can follow judiciously, those that were groomed in the past like Al Gore we all know what happened to them later in life.

In a 100 year period only 25 men out of a population of 150 million Nigerians can be President that is if they are in the post for 4 years.

But if they are in the post for 8 years the statistics comes down to an even more scary and anun-imaginable a 12.5 people out of 150 million Nigerians.

Don’t u think this is an anomaly; in Yoruba we say “Abami eda” not human or half-human half spirit.

Even if one get’s there by mistake, opportunity or chance, that person is a highly favoured rare specie, that is the bone of contention and such a person must not only recognise this fact but celebrate it, thank God Jonathan has express his appreciation in the most explicit way
.[/b]
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by ayubam: 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2010
Mr man the President of a nation is not an accidental or opportunistic affair where the best man would necessary get the job. It is a job for the highly favoured super humans. It is not about whether u went to Oxford, Cambridge or even Harvard; you would be surprise a highly favoured man from a backwater like Kogi State University would get it before someone that has un-countable doctorates from the most prized institutions in the world.

Becoming the President of a nation is neither a fluke nor a calculated progress ional career plan that any human can follow judiciously, those that were groomed in the past  like Al Gore we all know what happened to them later in life.

In a 100 year period only 25 men out of a population of 150 million Nigerians can be President that is if they are in the post for 4 years.

But if they are in the post for 8 years the statistics comes down to an even more scary and anun-imaginable a 12.5 people out of 150 million Nigerians.

Don’t u think this is an anomaly; in Yoruba we say “Abami eda” not human or half-human half spirit.

Even if one get’s there by mistake, opportunity or chance, that person is a highly favoured rare specie, that is the bone of contention and such a person must not only recognise this fact but celebrate it, thank God Jonathan has express his appreciation in the most explicit way.

@ Mr Know all,  I did not say you must be schooled in Harvard or LBS or MIT to be president. I said David ruled Israel with INTEGRITY OF HIS HEART and SKILLFULNESS OF HIS HANDS. Can you contest that.  Believe whatever, you are not seeing yourself as a stakeholder in Nigeria that's why you think it is only favour that qualifies for the job. (African religious mind) yet we are laid back in everything. You said Algore was schooled and mentored but did not get there, but do you think it was only favour that brought Obama there. Lazy folks,  Go and read audacity of hope,   Keep thinking this way and Nigeria will remain the same. Was OBJ not favoured? He was in the Prison, at the verge of death yet God delivered him, but did you find out from that same God if Presidency was the next thing for him. But to the hardness of your heart, you crowned him King and you can see the result. Jonathan was favoured to be president by God and if he knows God want him there come 2011, y bribing the senators, and all these dirty games. When God rejected Saul to be king, he begged Samuel that honour me before the people. Samuel said to obey is better than sacrifice but Samuel still honoured him, prayed for him, interceded for him but God said I have rejected him, y to hearken is better than sacrifice,  Thats y i said people should stop abusing prophets. They see what we do not see but as far as I am concerned, A THRONE SECURED WITH COMPROMISE CAN NEVER PRODUCE GOOD GOVERNANCE AND IF COMPROMISE TAKES YOU TO THE TOP, IT WILL KEEP YOU THERE.

Finally, David was anointed King and he knows but he never fought for it. He was preparing himself in the jungles. He had opportunity to kill rejected Saul but did not lay a finger on him. He allowed God to finish the job until Saul openly confessed that God has chosen you to be king. Can u say that of Jonathan? You guys repeat same mistakes year in year out and we all suffer for this apathy. IT IS TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by rabzy: 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2010
Why did he have to kneel b4 Adeboye, why does anyone need to kneel or bow b4 these 'men of God', it just makes them feel bigger and higher than everyone and they have been carrying themselves like that all over the place, always with a chip on their shoulders and thundering from pulpits with so much arrogance.

People grovel b4 these men and its totally wrong, if u read the gospel, Jesus Christ tho was supernatural, he walked and carried himself like evrybody else, He could amass all the honour and glory for himself but he refused.

And b4 anyone say he says he was kneeling b4 God, then Adeboye himself ought to be kneeling b4 God, all ye are brothers thats what the Bible said.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by KnowAll(m): 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2010
Mr Know all,  I did not say you must be schooled in Harvard or LBS or MIT to be president. I said David ruled Israel with INTEGRITY OF HIS HEART and SKILLFULNESS OF HIS HANDS. Can you contest that.  Believe whatever, you are not seeing yourself as a stakeholder in Nigeria that's why you think it is only favour that qualifies for the job. (African religious mind) yet we are laid back in everything. You said Algore was schooled and mentored but did not get there, but do you think it was only favour that brought Obama there. Lazy folks,  Go and read audacity of hope,   Keep thinking this way and Nigeria will remain the same. Was OBJ not favoured? He was in the Prison, at the verge of death yet God delivered him, but did you find out from that same God if Presidency was the next thing for him. But to the hardness of your heart, you crowned him King and you can see the result. Jonathan was favoured to be president by God and if he knows God want him there come 2011, y bribing the senators, and all these dirty games. When God rejected Saul to be king, he begged Samuel that honour me before the people. Samuel said to obey is better than sacrifice but Samuel still honoured him, prayed for him, interceded for him but God said I have rejected him, y to hearken is better than sacrifice,  Thats y i said people should stop abusing prophets. They see what we do not see but as far as I am concerned, A THRONE SECURED WITH COMPROMISE CAN NEVER PRODUCE GOOD GOVERNANCE AND IF COMPROMISE TAKES YOU TO THE TOP, IT WILL KEEP YOU THERE.

Finally, David was anointed King and he knows but he never fought for it. He was preparing himself in the jungles. He had opportunity to kill rejected Saul but did not lay a finger on him. He allowed God to finish the job until Saul openly confessed that God has chosen you to be king. Can u say that of Jonathan? You guys repeat same mistakes year in year out and we all suffer for this apathy. IT IS TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE

You are most likely to win the UK lottery 10 times(the UK lottery is 14million to 1, while the Presidency is 150million to 1)  than to become the President of Nigeria, that is the odds we are dealing with here, and you open your moth yearning dust.

If the President is not rear human God knows what the definition of rear human is? undecided
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 22, 2010
KnowAll:

[b]Mr man the President of a nation is not an accidental or opportunistic affair where the best man would necessary get the job. It is a job for the highly favoured super humans. It is not about whether u went to Oxford, Cambridge or even Harvard; you would be surprise a highly favoured man from a backwater like Kogi State University would get it before someone that has un-countable doctorates from the most prized institutions in the world.

Becoming the President of a nation is neither a fluke nor a calculated progress ional career plan that any human can follow judiciously, those that were groomed in the past  like Al Gore we all know what happened to them later in life.

Even if one get’s there by mistake, opportunity or chance, that person is a highly favoured rare specie, that is the bone of contention and such a person must not only recognise this fact but celebrate it, thank God Jonathan has express his appreciation in the most explicit way
.[/b]

I agree with this. I've often thought about it this way too. Preparation, skill, talent, grooming or 'merit' would NEVER be sufficient for anyone to become even a mere governor, let alone a President. The stakes are just too high, and the odds, near-impossible. There has to be something divine, inexplicable and fortuitous about the process of achieving rare success such as becoming a President and Commander-in-Chief out of millions of qualified citizens. I believe more in destiny when it comes to all of these things. One would have to be a deluded and pompous fool to believe that his own efforts will take him anywhere. . .as if your life is in your own hands to begin with. I like to compare achieving great success to winning a lottery. Preparation and hard work are synonymous to buying the ticket (to make you even eligible in the first place), after which what happens next is left to the heavens' whims and caprices.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by IboMan1(m): 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2010
Touch not my anointed and do my Prophet no harm. For all those that know .

I know there is alot of evil in the society but be weary when it comes to the Man of God.
The bible says we should pray for our Leaders.I see nothing wrong in a King humbling himself before
a Prophet (even if it is a political stragey).But then how do you affirm his prayers are not genuinely motivated.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by IboMan1(m): 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2010
Still reading this thread and i get the 411 that most guys in diaspora are on
bout how bad a leader one individual is .
I hope you will all come back to make that change
I hope you will all come back to vote the right candidate
I hope when you are voted into power you wont be worse off
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by ayubam: 10:18pm On Dec 22, 2010

You are most likely to win the UK lottery 10 times(the UK lottery is 14million to 1, while the Presidency is 150million to 1) than to become the President of Nigeria, that is the odds we are dealing with here, and you open your moth yearning dust.

If the President is not rear human God knows what the definition of rear human is? Undecided

@ Mr Knowall, have u ever wondered why with all these believe systems, Nigeria has not been a better place. For anything to change, there must be intelligent thinking and intentional action, else let us all agree that it is ALSO DESTINY THAT NIGERIA WILL ALWAYS HAVE BAD GOVERNANCE AND STOP all the noise we are all making.

God brings people to the top but there is always a preparation. Seeth thou a man that is deligent in his ways, he will stand before Kings and not mere men. Also, WHEN THE RIGHTEOUS ARE IN AUTHORITY, THE PEOPLE REJOICE, BUT WHEN WICKED MAN RULES, THE PEOPLE GROAN. ARE WE REJOICING OR GROANING? You have refused to answer all my questions rather you speak without superior arguments to facts that are clearly presented to you. It does not border you who becomes president becos God has destined it then why should GOOD or BAD governance border you. That could also be the destiny of NIgeria irrespective of what we do or do not do.

Come out of your closed mind and open up your mind to reasoning, There is no where in the world or HIStory where Good governance has come with an ill-prepared leaders that dominates our political landscape today, AKALA, ONI, OYINLOLA AGAGU ETC are they not destined too? Why were they sent packing, ?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by redsun(m): 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2010
It takes a highly favoured crook to be d president of naija. Don't tell me god favours criminal to oppress their peeps. Where is god's goodness if he does that?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Rhino5dm: 2:06am On Dec 23, 2010
Shaaarrrrp dia joooooor!

Who anointed this thief??

Where did god says he has anonted this thiefs?? Oh! Sucks!! friend of ibori,obj and many blood sucking machines!

Fuuccking con man! How can god anoint a heartless criminal?? And you think we scared to called this 'it' a thief?

Keep deluding yourself. Anoint my ar*ss!

Ibo Man:

Touch not my anointed and do my Prophet no harm. For all those that know .

I know there is alot of evil in the society but be weary when it comes to the Man of God.
The bible says we should pray for our Leaders.I see nothing wrong in a King humbling himself before
a Prophet (even if it is a political stragey).But then how do you affirm his prayers are not genuinely motivated.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by kcng: 10:35am On Dec 23, 2010
Goodluck ought to have seek Pastor Kumuyi's Prayer, he will surely hear the truth before the prayer commence
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Dahbutter(m): 11:52am On Dec 23, 2010
Be not decieved that GEJ's speech was calculated to catch the attention of d gullible majority. Hear me o people, a man who swears to uphold corruption to d benefit of his party members and d detriment of his people in secret, yet comes in the open to look concerned for them can only be likened to the devil. GEJ is a puppet of PDP and would always dance to their selfish tunes. We need a change or most nigerians will be worse off in the next 4 yrs. MARK MY WORDS!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by KnowAll(m): 11:57am On Dec 23, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^

no body said God anointed a President. what was said good, bad, fat, ugly, lunatic, glutony, dat does remove d salient fact dat a President still remain one of those rear breed of human dat would rule a nation. I gave u d mind blowing stats dat a man chosen to be President still remain one of 11 other men dat would a nation considering each man where in d post for 8 years.

George Bush was not particularly d greatest & smartest American wen he became President, we are stll suffering from his un-neccessary invasion of Iraq today whereby British Muslims are prepared to kill fellow citizens becos of Bush's policiy but dat does not remove d fact dat he remain in dat elite & exclusive class of men who can call themselves President. A feat & prestige 99.99999% of us would never achieve.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boko Haram, Soldiers In Gun Battle In Yobe Town - Daily Post / Video Of Senators Calling For Buhari's Impeachment / Police, SSS Mount Siege Outside AIT As Station Reopens - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.