Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,229 members, 7,849,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:23 AM

Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor (3807 Views)

Rivers: Why Pro-fubara Speaker Resigned, Vacated Seat / Governor El-Rufai Vacated His Seat For Tinubu During His Visit To Kaduna (Photo) / Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 01, 2020
To supporters of Nigerian politicians, y'all are fools and this proves it.
These greedy idiots only care about themselves and their immediate families while they share N30 to you fools to defend and die for them.undecided
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by senatordave1(m): 12:39am On Mar 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Forget all these analysis

Votes today are cast by soldiers, police and inec who in turn also declare results and winner.

Next is court the last inec judiciary chairmen
The supreme court has no say in legislative polls.whoever wins will likely survive the courts.the soldiers and police do not really rig elections per se except in rivers.

1 Like

Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 01, 2020
fergie001:

Bayelsa West has only 2 LGAs ..
Sagbama has a voting strength of about 69k
Ekeremor has about 41k

The dep gov and Dickson hails from Sagbama....Dickson will get plenty.

The only strong man APC has in Ekeremor is GEJ's fmr Deputy and fmr Speaker of the House, Peremebowei Ebebi.

Even at that...Dickson will get it.
The results of Nov 16 was...
Sagbama
PDP 60k apc 7k

Ekeremor
PDP 18k. Apc 21k

Where the APC will dominate is in Central....
Yenagoa LGA....will still vote on protests against the way Diri emerged

Southern Ijaw LGA will never forgive the PDP for depriving their son, Lyon; they are the "Kano" of Bayelsa.

Kolokuma/Opokuma LGA is where Diri is from and he isn't fully in control. Moreover, of the three....this LGA has the fewest votes.

Unless a big miracle happens, Bayelsa will have 2 APC Senators.

Thank you for your indepth analysis.

Good to see somebody also dedicates time to knowing the political dynamics of every part of this country.

The issue I've had with studying voting dynamics of this country is because of INEC's fictitious results.

The results from INEC cannot be trusted to realistically tell you how a certain people have voted and are likely to vote.

But they can give a clue anyway.
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by fergie001: 1:28am On Mar 01, 2020
senatordave1:

Finally you have started reasoning like me electorally.with this,we wont have to disagree much
I am not reasoning like you. Your reasoning is APC straight.

Mine is the bare facts even if I wouldn't like it.
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by fergie001: 1:33am On Mar 01, 2020
Awol1:

Thank you for your indepth analysis.

Good to see somebody also dedicates time to knowing the political dynamics of every part of this country.

The issue I've had with studying voting dynamics of this country is because of INEC's fictitious results.

The results from INEC cannot be trusted to realistically tell you how a certain people have voted and are likely to vote.

But they can give a clue anyway.

Always welcome Sir.

@the bolded, Very true. The Courts have virtually been doing all the work.

INEC to the best of my knowledge has regressed. I would not want to fix all the blames on Yakubu, because the players(politicians) change strategies every now and then in order to circumvent the laid-down rules.

Unless we go electronic or something like that, the Courts will continue to help us. Now is the time to really look at our laws and see where we can better it...at least before 2023.
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by senatordave1(m): 4:36am On Mar 01, 2020
fergie001:

I am not reasoning like you. Your reasoning is APC straight.

Mine is the bare facts even if I wouldn't like it.
Bare facts point to apc in any electionz
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by Nobody: 4:50am On Mar 01, 2020
-
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 01, 2020
fergie001:
So Diri will use soldiers to enter Amasoma to get the votes?
I will doubt that...
Diri has no control over soldiers. Try and get the message.
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by fergie001: 6:35am On Mar 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Diri has no control over soldiers. Try and get the message.
I understand now....but even at that....not @Sagbama.
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by fergie001: 6:36am On Mar 01, 2020
senatordave1:

Bare facts point to apc in any electionz
That's bare-faced untrue.......
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 01, 2020
fergie001:

Always welcome Sir.

@the bolded, Very true. The Courts have virtually been doing all the work.

INEC to the best of my knowledge has regressed. I would not want to fix all the blames on Yakubu, because the players(politicians) change strategies every now and then in order to circumvent the laid-down rules.

Unless we go electronic or something like that, the Courts will continue to help us. Now is the time to really look at our laws and see where we can better it...at least before 2023.

Yea.

If shows like Bbnaija has adopted electronic voting and people trust the credibility of the results to a large extent, why can't we do it?

Well, it's a relief to see that this country's future is not all bleak with people like you coming up the ladder.
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by Sweeetheart(m): 7:15am On Mar 01, 2020
Nigeria won't progress with this useless 1999 constitution. imagine why would an elected person be allowed to participate in another election when there are many eligible in this country

this useless country had abused Democratic settings a lot. this is not what John Locke's, and Karl Marx suggested in their social political dictum

thunder fire you all, useless country, useless people
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by fergie001: 8:11am On Mar 01, 2020
Awol1:

Yea.

If shows like Bbnaija has adopted electronic voting and people trust the credibility of the results to a large extent, why can't we do it?

Well, it's a relief to see that this country's future is not all bleak with people like you coming up the ladder.

Coming from you, that's a very high recommendation. I take that as a complimemt. Hopefully we will all do this together.

We don't have a choice.
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 01, 2020
fergie001:

Coming from you, that's a very high recommendation. I take that as a complimemt. Hopefully we will all do this together.

We don't have a choice.

Not at all.

This country will not get better if we leave it for politicians who are all grooming their kids to take over from them and continue the ruin they started.

I take my time to do what I do here because I wanna be armed with all the information I need about every nook and cranny of this country.

Fergie001 see you at the top.
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by fergie001: 8:31am On Mar 01, 2020
Awol1:

Not at all.

This country will not get better if we leave it for politicians who are all grooming their kids to take over from them and continue the ruin they started.

I take my time to do what I do here because I wanna be armed with all the information I need about every nook and cranny of this country.

Fergie001 see you at the top.
Same here bro..
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by senatordave1(m): 8:49am On Mar 01, 2020
fergie001:

That's bare-faced untrue.......
This facts were there before the elections but you jettisoned it
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by fergie001: 8:53am On Mar 01, 2020
senatordave1:

This facts were there before the elections but you jettisoned it
....jettisoned what?

Apc got the advantage with the defections because of Dickson, and I honestly don't blame the man to an extent.
Administratively, he was poor. His picking Diri, I fault him not.

Well, I will seem to agree with you that all politics in Nigeria as at today is between the PDP and APC.
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 01, 2020
Re: Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor by Assetosky(m): 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Dickson should allow Alaibe to go for that seat... period.

Greediness is too bad.
and you think they are both from the same senatorial zone?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fear Of IPOB Is The Beginning Of Wisdom- Photo / Finally Northern Nigeria Has Been Silienced / NIN Registeration Of David Nwamini Allage 15yrs Kidney Donor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.