Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere (5495 Views)

10 Nigerian States That Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation - TheCableIndex / "We Can't Survive Without Yahoo Boys" - Prostitutes Join #EndSARS Protest / My Restructuring Plan For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by johnmartus(m): 12:20pm On Feb 29, 2020
Southeast have been champion the campaign for restructuring Nigeria to Regional system of government. But I keep asking myself if southeast would survive the regional system of government in this present generation.
My reason for saying this could trace back to 1950 to 1960 where the same pattern was operated then. During regional system of government in the southeast ,we have enough evidence that the system wasn't work for them.

When Nnamdi Azikiwe knew that the system wasn't work for them he came to southwest but instead of Azikiwe to learn how Awolowo operating the system that working for his region. Azikiwe sermons Awolowo political enemies to frustrate Awolowo leadership.

Another reason why igbo should stop talking about restructuring . Southeast have no resources to finance regional government.

Also the southeast contributions to federal government is very low compare to what south-south and southwest contributing.

Again many igbo will still not willing to return back to their home state.

Another reason during the regional system of government southeast didn't achieve anything but other regions are flourishing. That is why Aguiyi ironsi introduced unitary system of government. Every government pursues economic development by trying to achieve macroeconomic objectives in a particular system of government.

9 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by SLAP44: 12:22pm On Feb 29, 2020
See panic by outsiders to stop a moving train. If only shame will allow you mention your state and region, I have enough time to teach you some lessons in history today.

Feel free to learn.

54 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by SLAP44: 12:22pm On Feb 29, 2020
The south east doesn't need natural resources to develop and thrive.

The quality of the human resources in the south east can rival that of any country in the world. That's where our strength lies.

58 Likes 6 Shares

At no time in history has the south east not been self reliant, and prosperous.

Our parents and forefathers has never recorded draught, diseases or poverty. We were blessed from the inception of the world and we still retain the blessings.

42 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:23pm On Feb 29, 2020
When a mad man doesn't know he's mad,this is what you get.

52 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by kingigwe1: 12:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
We need to quantieen this guy

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by SLAP44: 12:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
kingigwe1:
We need to quantieen this guy

Seriously, with the Italian man grin

30 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by totit: 12:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
Looool grin

Make I sit down watch first cool

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by SLAP44: 12:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
When a mad man doesn't know he's mad,this is what you get.

Very true. grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by hisgrace090: 12:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
Serious govt survive with their intelligent living beside their natural resources.

17 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
I don't have any problems with restructuring and other forms of agitations by my brothers from the east. Leadership issues need to be dealt with first else, all the agitations would tantamount to a mirage

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by darlingbobo(m): 12:32pm On Feb 29, 2020
Keep quiet there.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Foxman19: 12:32pm On Feb 29, 2020
I don't know why people like causing problem like this.
You will sit at your comfort zone waging war.

13 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by SLAP44: 12:34pm On Feb 29, 2020
fairfora:
I don't have any problems with restructuring and other forms of agitations by my brothers from the east. Leadership issues need to be dealt with first else, all the agitations would tantamount to a mirage

We will cross the bridge when we get there, leadership issues in Nigeria is caused by fear of some people about losing out if the playing field is levelled.

In Biafra, there will be clauses in the constitution that will allow for contingencies like secession.

20 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Lipscomb(m): 12:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
I doubt if any region can be self reliant. Even Including south-south. Some people don't know that our politicians has milk the country dry.
SLAP44:
The south east doesn't need natural resources to develop and thrive.

The quality of the human resources in the south east can rival that of any country in the world. That's where our strength lies.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by SLAP44: 12:44pm On Feb 29, 2020
Lipscomb:
I doubt if any region can be self reliant. Even Including south-south. Some people don't know that our politicians has milk the country dry.

Oh! Some regions can be self reliant. Let's stop deceiving ourselves by the way so many states are attached to oil money, if oil finishes today, will every state perish?

Where was oil when Michael Okpara was developing the eastern master plan?

Was cocoa house and the first TV station in Africa built with Niger Delta oil money?

Nigeria got lazy and mismanagement took over due to the uneducated lot who took over power post civil war. Some of then are still around in Aso rock wasting time.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Lipscomb(m): 12:49pm On Feb 29, 2020
Mind you if we back to regional government same set of people will still be in the affairs.
SLAP44:

Oh! Some regions can be self reliant. Let's stop deceiving ourselves by the way so many states are attached to oil money, if oil finishes today, will every state perish?

Where was oil when Michael Okpara was developing the eastern master plan?

Was cocoa house arthritis first TV station in Africa built with Niger Delta oil money?

Nigeria got lazy and mismanagement took over due to the uneducated lot who took over power post civil war. Some of then are still around in Aso rock wasting time.

4 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Godons1: 12:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
Op, that was then. It will be worst now. Cause the East presently contribute nothing to the Economy, cause they do not have anything to offer. They only go about chest beating online, but their Region is the poorest.

With the recent Islamizing of the East, I wonder where they will get money to build mosques all over the East. cheesy grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by mrvitalis(m): 12:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
You hate Igbo's so much u don't want them to rule Nigeria but u don't want to restructure Nigeria because u don't want Igbo's to suffer ?

We have zero resources ,we would suffer ...pls Yoruba's would enjoy n Igbo's would beg them for food ...so pls tell Yoruba's to push for restructuring

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Jflex07(m): 12:52pm On Feb 29, 2020
How's it your business?

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by SLAP44: 12:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
Lipscomb:
Mind you if we back to regional government same set of people will still be in the affairs.

Yes, people with the type of education and upbringing of

Michael Okpara
Akanu Ibiam
Aja Nwachukwu
Mbonu Ojike

We still have them in

Peter Obi
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
Chukwuma Soludo
Dave Umahi

Educated, experienced, purposeful, efficient and reliable.

22 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by RZArecta(m): 12:55pm On Feb 29, 2020
A very useful southern idíot, just this morning he was begging to be made Amnesty office coordinator and now he's insinuating to be a South Easterner. May God continue to confuse our enemies so we can spot the idíots from a distance on time AMEN cool

8 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by SLAP44: 12:57pm On Feb 29, 2020
Godons1:
Op, that was then. It will be worst now. Cause the East presently contribute nothing to the Economy, cause they do not have anything to offer.

How come, as soon as Chukwuma Soludo, Okonjo Iweala left the Nigerian economy, Nigeria is now competing with Djibouti grin grin grin grin grin

23 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Yaribanzaonic: 1:01pm On Feb 29, 2020
Of all the posts so far...yours is most disappointing. I hope you haven't been infected by Covid-19. It's just shameful that we share Nationhood with rejects like una. Spits!!! angry

Godons1:
Op, that was then. It will be worst now. Cause the East presently contribute nothing to the Economy, cause they do not have anything to offer. They only go angryabout chest beating online, but their Region is the poorest.

With the recent Islamizing of the East, I wonder where they will get money to build mosques all over the East. cheesy grin grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Godons1: 1:02pm On Feb 29, 2020
SLAP44:
See panic by outsiders to stop a moving train. If only shame will allow you mention your state and region, I have enough time to teach you some lessons in history today.

Feel free to learn.

See this one, your Region is presently the poorest in this Country. They contribute nothing to the Economy.

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by SLAP44: 1:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
Godons1:

See this one, your Region is presently the poorest in this Country. They contribute nothing to the Economy.

Yes, they have millions of almajirin beggars and an army of young agberos in motor parks grin

18 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Dedetwo(m): 1:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
johnmartus:
Southeast have been champion the campaign for restructuring Nigeria to Regional system of government. But I keep asking myself if southeast would survive the regional system of government in this present generation.

My reason for saying this could trace back to 1950 to 1960 where the same pattern was operated then. During regional system of government in the southeast ,we have enough evidence that the system wasn't work for them.

When Nnamdi Azikiwe knew that the system wasn't work for them he came to southwest but instead of Azikiwe to learn how Awolowo operating the system that working for his region. Azikiwe sermons Awolowo political enemies to frustrate Awolowo leadership.

Another reason why igbo should stop talking about restructuring . Southeast have no resources to finance regional government.

Also the southeast contributions to federal government is very low compare to what south-south and southwest contributing.

Again many igbo will still not willing to return back to their home state.

Another reason during the regional system of government southeast didn't achieve anything but other regions are flourishing. That is why Aguiyi ironsi introduced unitary system of government. Every government pursues economic development by trying to achieve macroeconomic objectives in a particular system of government.

This is simply a fool on a joy ride. Why did Western, Northern and Midwestern regions foisted a war on Eastern region on the urging of Britain? Most fools waste much time on vanity circumstances such as TV station and bricks. Besides Lagos, which other town was worthy mention in the defunct western region? Nigeria must restructure and such exercise should not be limited to lip service. The defunct Eastern region and Midwestern region must have federal government of shithole called Nigeria to build Lagos and Abuja in the defunct eastern region and Midwestern regions respectively since these mega cities have been the beneficiaries of defunct Western and Northern regions. If such simply demand could not be achieve, we must disintegrate the shithole called Nigeria. Why are must idiotic Nigerians afraid of the disintegration of the cesspit?

18 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by XANDERBOY85: 1:06pm On Feb 29, 2020
SLAP44:

Feel free to learn.

These people are disgusting!

It’s a known fact that Ndigbo are the most confident about going it alone....in their own country if need be! Yet they keep on being disturbed by the very people that despise them and mock their economic challenges, that they can’t survive on their own! Who are they kidding!

17 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Donelli: 1:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
johnmartus:

•••
Is this the best you could come up with
One logged in when one saw the title, expecting to see a reasonable opinion to engage. Alas, one is disappointed.

Two questions:
1. Why do you think we can't "survive" the regional system?
2. What are those parameters that determine who will/will not survive a regional system, then let's discuss why you think we don't have the capacity.

Meanwhile, one has noticed this tendency of some entities to make conjectures about the future of the Igbo race, basing solely on the 60's history, blindly or ignorantly assuming that nothing could have changed up till now.

It's just analogous to assuming that a son will be a drunk, JUST BECAUSE his father once was. That's rather absurd.

6 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 1:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
OP you have shown to be a confused entity and a mischief maker.

From which parameters did you draw your conclusion from before arriving at such decietful, misleading and ignorant conclusion.

Let's look at the states in South East.

IMO:. It is a know fact today that Imo State has the highest number of gas deposit in the country. the gas deposit found in Imo State today if fully explored and properly harnessed, will sustain Nigeria as a country, how much less a region, as gas has been proven to be the future king.

This is not to also mention the deposits of crude oil found all over the state which are yet to be explored. So the gas deposit found in Imo State alone can sustain Nigeria.

ANAMBRA STATE:. Need I say much about this state, as it's potentials and capabilities are known evennto the deaf, the dumb and the blind.

As it stands now, Anambra is turning to an industrial hub. A lot of companies are found in this state, notable among them is the INNOSSON VEHICLE MANUFACTURING COMPANY, also recently we saw Dangote making a purchase of #69B from ANAMMCO found in Anambra state, just to mention few.

This state is also leading in trade and commerce, the various markets found in this state, from Main Market Onitsha, to Nkwor Nnewi spare parts market, to Relief market, where huge volumes of trade occur daily, this has resulted in the state having the highest number if four storey building all over the Nation, which Obasanjo attested to when the visited and said he was intimidated by the number of four storey building found in the state.

This state is also faring well in terms of Agriculture as we can see their various rice processing plants , and other agro alli d based industries springing up rapidly in this state, indeed, Anambra state is the pride of the Igbo Nation.

Ebonyi State:
This state is well known for its Agricultural activities, especially the Abakiliki rice and salt. That's a great potential. All that is needed is to involve in mechanised farming and improve in their out put both in quality and quantity, especially to export grade, who says Abakiliki rice cannot be exported.

ENUGU STATE: As it is also known as coal city state. Large deposit of coal is found in this state. It will be minned and exported. The coal from this state is more than enough to sustain a country much less a state.

ABIA STATE: Come to Aba today and see the level of importation ongoing presently, you go bow. Trade and commerce is happening heavily here, unfortunately the state is plagued with bad and visionless leaders. It has great potentials in terms of trade and commerce, when fully harnessed, is self sustaining.

This is not to talk of the great human resources which is the greatest blessing of the region.

OP, time will not permit me to elaborate further, but from the few points I raised, it's obviously clear that there are great potentials found in the south east, which are being limited by the present day Nigeria.

Even those ahead and ontop of you knows these facts.

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akeredolu's Wife Injured, 3 Others Killed As Governors Security Invade PU(video) / Igbos Will Lead Nigeria Into Another Civil War – Aare Kakanfo / Itsekiri Women Shut Down $800m Gas Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.