Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,239 members, 7,957,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:00 PM

Disciples God Hates - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Disciples God Hates (796 Views)

Help! My Pastor Hates Me! / If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? / Ladies - Dont Use Hillshoes To Church, God Hates It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disciples God Hates by BigBashiru: 6:01pm On Dec 19, 2010
I found out that there are actualy disciples God loves and the collorary is that God hates the rest of us:

John 21:7, 20; 13:23; 19:26; 20:2 (In all these verses ONLY John is referred to as the chosen loved disciple).

So are a lot of Christians wasting their time and are unknowingly hell bound?

Responses from christians only.
Re: Disciples God Hates by Image123(m): 11:08pm On Dec 19, 2010
Jealousi jealousi na hin dey worry you
Re: Disciples God Hates by BigBashiru: 2:03am On Dec 20, 2010
you reject the truth. Prepare for your portion in the lake of fire.
Re: Disciples God Hates by okeyxyz(m): 2:11pm On Dec 20, 2010
BigBashiru:

I found out that there are actualy disciples God loves and the collorary is that God hates the rest of us:

John 21:7, 20; 13:23; 19:26; 20:2 (In all these verses  ONLY John is referred to as the chosen loved disciple).

So are a lot of Christians wasting their time and are unknowingly hell bound?

Responses from christians only.

rephrase:
u have a favourite son, does that mean u hate the rest?
u have a best friend, does that mean all others r ur enemies?
what's wrong with jesus, being human, loving one more? could b that he's the funniest, or smartest, most well dressed. cool
Re: Disciples God Hates by BigBashiru: 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2010
okeyxyz
it says the disciple God loved not the one He loved the most.

If John is the loved disciple, it means the rest are not.

If it said the disciple He loved the most, your argument will be correct.

Simple deductive reasoning.
Re: Disciples God Hates by okeyxyz(m): 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2010
BigBashiru:

okeyxyz
it says the disciple God loved not the one He loved the most.

If John is the loved disciple, it means the rest are not.

If it said the disciple He loved the most, your argument will be correct.

Simple deductive reasoning.

hmm, if u choose to think that the bible was written & transcribed in the manner of modern english, then sorry, i can't help u. sad
Re: Disciples God Hates by 5solas(m): 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2010
Hi BigBashiru, it's been quite sometime. Welcome back!

To the point, if one ignores the context of the verses and the whole tenor of scripture, one will naturally come to your conclusion, which I think is wrong. I believe Okeyxyz hit the nail on the head.

If you were drawing this distinction between believers and unbelievers (the elects and non-elects), I will be behind you and help you roll out the verses grin.
Re: Disciples God Hates by Joagbaje(m): 8:40am On Dec 23, 2010
God doesn't relate to everybody alike. You are the one that determining the level of fellowship with God. Some serve him with fear, others relate to him by love. Joshua chose closeness to Moses . Even though he had no leadership title but choice of closeness to his leader made him next in command . Despite the fact that ,owes had grown up sons and wives. God is to you what you want him to be.

John chose to relate closely with Jesus because of his personal revelation. Others choose to be official and "VEEERY REVERENT"

He had audacity to lay his head on Jesus chest. While others were too official to ask questions ,they rather go through John . But Jesus would not have stopped them . They have not fully embraced the relationship. So it's not jesus's fault.
Re: Disciples God Hates by simplymee: 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2010
God does not HATE any other even if they were not BOLD enough to rest on his bossom. It does not at all imply that the others were not instrumental to the work of God for the nations of the earth. THERE ALWAYS IS one that is preferred amongst many and it does not undermine their relevance to the kingdom.GOD LOVES AND CHERISHES ALL HIS CHILDREN no matter the level. Its up to you my bro to work on self towards all things that God has in store for u.THANK YOU
Re: Disciples God Hates by Sweetnecta: 11:41pm On Dec 23, 2010
The opposite of love is hate.

whats so strange in you christians facing up to reality? Peter was called satan. Was he not satanic at that time?

when the bible records love someone is that not enough for you christian to say that there is probability that the rest were hated?
Re: Disciples God Hates by BigBashiru: 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2011
@5solas
im back now with full force :-)

, if one ignores the context of the verses and the whole tenor of scripture, one will naturally come to your conclusion, which I think is wrong. I believe Okeyxyz hit the nail on the head.

If you were drawing this distinction between believers and unbelievers (the elects and non-elects), I will be behind you and help you roll out the verses
The issue here is not context, God knows English more than us; Judas was a disciple but hated.

You are the one that determining the level of fellowship with God. Some serve him with fear, others relate to him by love.
Wrong, God determines who He will save and He also determines those who will persevere - read the parable of the sower/ seeds.

@simplymee
You made sense in your post; thanks!

@sweetnecta
Yes, im saying there is high probability others were hated or who knows!
Re: Disciples God Hates by 5solas(m): 11:05pm On Jan 11, 2011
BigBashiru:

@5solas
im back now with full force :-)
The issue here is not context, God knows English more than us; Judas was a disciple but hated.

Welcome back! I just finished the book of John about two weeks ago and it said a lot about Christ’s love for His disciples, his ‘'own’’.

13:1¶ Now before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour had come to depart out of this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
15:9  ¶ As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love.
12 "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
16:27 for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from the Father.
There are more that I can bring up, particularly by inference. Please consider these for now.
Concerning Judas, one can safely say he was not of the elects, he was not one of those given to Jesus.

(1) (Reply)

False Pastors And Zombies Are The Two Sets Of People In Pentecostal Chuches / A Space To Repent / Does This Sound Familiar (a Parable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.