Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” (47957 Views)

Reps Approve Bill To Create State Police, Security Outfits / NATFORCE: Babagana Monguno Orders Dismantling Of Illegal Security Outfits / South-South Governors To Establish Regional Security Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by mamaafrik(m): 11:58am On Mar 01, 2020
Oshibajo just fall person hand,North will use and dump you
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by nedekid: 11:59am On Mar 01, 2020
Bethel4Life:
Our darlin presidiot has done it again.. According to that dead meat seller
Where is the BBQ dead meat seller sef? He has been quite for a while. Did he go to visit his darling daddy? grin
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by nedekid: 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
valarmorghulis:
Am also withdrawing my support for Buhari, the man is a big mistake, the man is a puppet waiting for a master that will control him, idiagbon helped him covered a lot of mess, osinbajo did same, from trademoney, Niger delta militant peace deal, 2nd term campaign etc, now that he has nothing to lose, the man is showing is true colour and his new (puppet) master is abba kyari
Wailing form has finished jor.
After bringing the desaster to power you are now realizing what elders said for years.
Anyway, we are in this poo together.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Danzakidakura(m): 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
When they want to destabilize the south they will always have a willing tools from our mist and they will quote the constitution the same north don't obey the constitution and will always walk as a united north. But south must be individual states .

1 Like

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Yankee101: 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
Neoteny:

Perfect time for you people to exploit and go your way...if you can.

Not everyone wants a divided country, even in Igbo land

That's the problem
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Jflex07(m): 12:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
Simplyleo:

I just checked, you are igbo. Are igbos not the richest tribe again? Why begging for money? undecided
Young man your hate for igbos knows no bound oh. if you have your way I'm sure you will kill all igbos in Nigeria
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Joefat: 12:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
Look at the county we are living in .. where government don't even respect the name call Citizen.. all they knew is doing what pleases them.. they forget nothing last forever.. ask obasanjo
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by XANDERBOY85: 12:07pm On Mar 01, 2020
blinking001:
What is wrong in the federal government implementing RUGA? I honestly don't see anything wrong in the RUGA initiative. May God continue to give our darling president the knowledge to lead this nation right.

You ask what is wrong with RUGA? It’s a gateway to allow the Fulani gain settlements and become indigenous to the south, that’s what’s wrong with it! Given the way they breed and import their kinsmen from other parts of Africa...give them a decade and they’ve overrun a section of your state! Jos-North LGA has experienced it first-hand!

3 Likes

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by MightySparrow: 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
Nigeria jagajaga
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Laslaslala: 12:12pm On Mar 01, 2020
HAKYN1:

Their interest is to see that Amotekun doesn't work because their leaders who they hype so much are found clueless. But they lack comprehension to the level that the South West leaders who have the balls have accepted that long ago and each state in the zone has been working on the laws to give it legislative backing. We have said it before Osu people are the only cowards in sub Sahara Africa all their lies are been exposed by their actions and are getting documented before tomorrow now you will start hearing ridiculous claims like " Awolowo said" "Tinubu say"

Ignorance of how these people operate is what made you guys readily available for them to use
That's how u guys succeeded in betraying your other southern brothers by bringn these illiterates and extreme jihadists back to power

The information you failed to comprehend is an attempt to break into a united regional front the s/west put up against the subtle jihad going on all over the country.
You can recall that the Fulani jihadists went bizerk when AMOTEKUN was announced,they piped low only to go underground to find another subtle way to clip your wings
Once they are able to break the united front the AMOTEKUN stands with it will be over
We IBOS if you can tell yourself the truth supported AMOTEKUN so much that we started cursing our own leaders for not being proactive as well,or at least support the one Nnamdi KANU formed Some years ago when he saw the handwriting.

2 Likes

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
Amotekun is here for real and there won't be any Ruga in Yoruba land. Yoruba people won't shift ground on any of these two. It is pretty sure Buhari will set Nigeria on fire before leaving aso rock and there may not be Nigeria again.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
RUGA WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN THIS COUNTRY
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Laslaslala: 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
payperpost:
are you stupid? I'm from Okrika , Okwujagu , who tell you say I be Yoruba?
Guy I BEG NO VEX
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by LegendHero(m): 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
Laslaslala:

Ignorance of how these people operate is what made you guys readily available for them to use
That's how u guys succeeded in betraying your other southern brothers by bringn these illiterates and extreme jihadists back to power

The information you failed to comprehend is an attempt to break into a united regional front the s/west put up against the subtle jihad going on all over the country.
You can recall that the Fulani jihadists went bizerk when AMOTEKUN was announced,they piped low only to go underground to find another subtle way to clip your wings
Once they are able to break the united front the AMOTEKUN stands with it will be over
We IBOS if you can tell yourself the truth supported AMOTEKUN so much that we started cursing our own leaders for not being proactive as well,or at least support the one Nnamdi KANU formed Some years ago when he saw the handwriting.

Let me tell you something, you Igbos only supported Amotekun to get back at your enemy, not that you supported it truly.

You gave it support in the media while praying for it to fail in the corners of your room.

Who is the coward? Your governors that don’t have the balls to implement their own version of regional security that instead hide under local police from the IG.

Umahi is more clueless coz he’s the one reading the useless communique about no regional security outfit and RUGA and the Fulanis knows the Igbos have no balls, it’s just only online noise without action.

The Yorubas are already one step ahead which explains why each state in the SW passed a separate law to establish a state security outfit that each code named Amotekun. It’s not in any way a regional outfit in the constitutional sense but it is regional in the real sense.

Let’s all sit back and relax!

2 Likes

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by temmyseun321(m): 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
Does the 1999 constitution support ethic killing

1 Like

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by mastermaestro(m): 12:28pm On Mar 01, 2020
Neoteny:
Some Nigerians: "Herders are killing us! FG, do something".

FG: "Herder resettlement to halt conflict, aka Ruga"

Some Nigerians: "No! "

A case of eating your cake and having it

Delete this nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by lexy2014: 12:32pm On Mar 01, 2020
blinking001:

The south is more suitable for grazing compared to the north.

Which grass is used to feed d cattle that are rared in d north and that are transported everyday to d south for slaughter?

1 Like

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
Lawgod247:
In the first, I concur with the position of the NEC vis a vis the regional security outfits as it runs contrary to the ethos of the Nigerian Constitution. Anyways, for CAC Company or Business Name registration, Foundation, Schools, Church, NGO, Trademark, TIN, SCUML, NAFDAC number etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng. Having said that, I also wish to lend my voice to berate the attempt to revisit the RUGA idea. Nigerians, having vehemently opposed the unpopular policy, it should not be forced down out throat in whatever guise or coloration. Thank you.
Crap. Amotekun is here already. Umahi's advice is belated. Sorry. Na igbo leaders go kill the dreams of those with futuristic agenda amongst them. I watched a YouTube video last week where a fulani young man was threatening to kill an igbo farmer for complaining that his cows destroyed his crops. He said he would kill him telling him that thunder paya ( as in fire) yah papa and mama...in igboland when RUGA was not yet in force.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
blinking001:
What is wrong in the federal government implementing RUGA? I honestly don't see anything wrong in the RUGA initiative. May God continue to give our darling president the knowledge to lead this nation right.

Cow herding is private business.

How about goat herders and those who raise poultry, catfish, rabbits, snails, pigs, grass-cutters, etc.

Will the federal government appropriate other people's land to give them as well?
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by TheRareGem1(f): 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2020
Which NEC are you referring to? Is the one that that was had last week with some positive outcome.
NLTP is here to stay and it's not ruga. Security outfit is a work in progress and has been acknowledged by Southwest governors

Watch video here and stop giving us fake news

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1560445050787475&id=100004659850594
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Lawgod247: 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2020
fairfora:
Crap. Amotekun is here already. Umahi's advice is belated. Sorry. Na igbo leaders go kill the dreams of those with futuristic agenda amongst them. I watched a YouTube video last week where a fulani young man was threatening to kill an igbo farmer for complaining that his cows destroyed his crops. He said he would kill him telling him that thunder paya ( as in fire) yah papa and mama...in igboland when FUGA was not yet in force.

Umahi is neither against Amotekun nor state police/vigilantes. He has one in his state as a matter of fact, albeit an adhoc set-up. What he is saying is that the constitution does not provide for regionalism as a structure for a security outfit. I don't support RUGA either.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by ojokolax: 12:54pm On Mar 01, 2020
When the peddlers of fake news go on a rampage, the first thing they sell you is a half truth before spinning their lies into a web to ensnare the unsuspecting.
It's been over a month that everyone knew that Amotekun and other similar agencies would be operated on a state by state basis but in calling NLTP same thing as RUGA, the writer showed his vile hand

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Deputy1111(m): 12:56pm On Mar 01, 2020
We must be able to differentiate between RUGA and NLTP. They are not the same by their plans.

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Igbodicool(m): 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The Yoruba people are not against Ruga as long as it applies only in the north
And meanwhile amotekun is here to stay and indeed has given birth to many vigilante groups who are ready to defend this our land given to us as inheritance through the tribe of judah
Hahahahahaha which Judah are you talking about?
I thought your forefather fell down from the sky like a hungry demon.
Lol... Are you now saying you are Jew?
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by okefrancis: 1:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
Hahaha, it is very clear that NLTP is quite different from RUGA,see and read through the diagram below

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
Lawgod247:

Umahi is neither against Amotekun nor state police/vigilantes. He has one in his state as a matter of fact, albeit an adhoc set-up. What he is saying is that the constitution does not provide for regionalism as a structure for a security outfit. I don't support RUGA either.
Yes, the federal law may not be in support that but state laws do. There are hisbah in the northern states, supported by their respective states and hisbah is the uniform name given them, just like amotekun. Amotekun is a security outfit set up by all the states in the SW. Because all the states are giving it a similar amotekun name doesn't make it regional because each state would fund their own outfit. But if there's crises in the neighbouring state, they can complement each other's efforts.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by seanblaise(m): 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
Please every state should participate in this RUGA. Dont say it should be for the north alone. All state Government should have their own RUGA but it should be solely controlled by the state government and her citizens. This is because, in the nearest future (if the country remains united) RUGA will be included into the national budget and only states with RUGA will benefit. Be wise.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Masterclass32: 1:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
Nigerians need to wake up.

These misfits don't have our interests at heart.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Omoslim26: 1:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
HAKYN1:

You are the only known slaves to those people from Azikiwe to Ekwueme, from Ugoh to Obi. Sl*ves of the nation

permit me to ask you this question

wat is the connection of these people you mentioned with the slowpoke you quoted.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by omojeesu(m): 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2020
MrOjay1:
jplease someone should make me smile this sunday
I'm financially depressed

bank:UBA

Thanks people

Try this and you will change your story: www.jamalifehelpersglobal.com
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by okefrancis: 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2020
mamaafrik:
Oshibajo just fall person hand,North will use and dump you
How do you mean by use and dump even the northerns see that VP osinbajo is capable to do it
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by AyakaDunukofia: 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
I don't know what the government at the centre is driving at? What is their contention in the decentralized security issue?

If each of the states of a region or geopolitical zone form a security outfit, it would have amounted to a regional security organization and achieve the same objectives as a regional security network. Giving that the respective states would still be coordinating their operations without breaking any law.

So, can someone explain to me the reason behind Abuja's insistence on state and not regional security concept?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Seals Unoma Akpabio's School In Uyo. Photos / PDP Agents Caught With Cash And Bag Of Rice In Osun Governorship Election / 2023: North Looks Towards Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.