Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians (27738 Views)

Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 / Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit / Mohammed Adamu: Police Need 250,000 Rifles, 1,000 APCs, 774 Drones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by Empiree: 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
There is nothing wrong spending such whooping amount on police force.

However, there must be standard policy in place before disbursing the money. Standard policy is CRITICAL EVALUATION OF INDIVIDUAL POLICE OFFICER.

There record need review individually

Each officer must demonstrate commitment to police force

Each officer must pass series of tests including fighting bribery and corruption and courtesy of citizens.

Any officer record showing bad public relations or has taken bribes in the past or lacks marksmanship need to be fired or go through extensive training.

All top police officers including IG and district headquarters must be reviewed. Their bribery and corruption must be reviewed and their job on the line should they have questionable records.

Don't give out the money until things are put in place. Otherwise, you will hear story like anaconda swallowed 1tn naira.
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by Masaudmuhammed: 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
NPF for why na NPF where is the bribe Una take from poor people
people dey hungry in this kwantri then Una talk - U need 1 triillion naira

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by Novaccines: 10:05pm On Mar 01, 2020
Wow
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by Sammy07: 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
mormoney85:
Nigerian police precisely

Oh! Yeah
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by AMG: 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
IGP should gather money realised from bribes and extortion, i think that will be enough.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by blowjohn(m): 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
obembet:

To me, I will prefer sharing the money to all of us and we can go and protect ourselves. �

I swear u go finish the money on top shoes and bags and the men go spend am finish on woman.

We need to equip the police force
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by blowjohn(m): 10:07pm On Mar 01, 2020
charles614:
what?almost half of a countries budget .by the time apc government is done with nigeria eeh

I say they should watch that man o
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by CarlosTheJackal: 10:07pm On Mar 01, 2020
obembet:

To me, I will prefer sharing the money to all of us and we can go and protect ourselves. �
You copied this from Twitter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by mechanics(m): 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
He should discuss it with Mr President.
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by udemzyudex(m): 10:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
HarunaWest:
It's high time Nigeria spent on its security forces. Even the 1 trillion is small..Naija has slot of criminals police inclusive but the NPF is so poorly equipped...Going to any of their station is an eyesore..Always a rickety pick up truck and disgruntled officers...It's high time Nigeria Invested massively on its security forces...if all the Abacha loot could be channeled to them under strict supervision of NSA and the CinC, it will be better for all...God bless Nigeria

What have they been doing with all the budget?
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by Mdolaoluwa1(m): 10:14pm On Mar 01, 2020
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by temmyseun321(m): 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
Nigeria needs to spend money on evaluation and re-evaluation of her security personnels... You condemn anyone before court ruling... You kidnap and extort. There was a time a police officer can control a crowd with a baton.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by NothingDoMe: 10:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
obembet:

Lol
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by temmyseun321(m): 10:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
Nigeria needs to spend money on evaluation and re-evaluation of her security personnels... You condemn anyone before court ruling... You kidnap and extort. There was a time a police officer can control a crowd with a baton
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by fkj950ax(m): 10:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
No they don't.
The government should start by prohibiting police providing protection and driver functions to the elites.
Let's free up those officers to focus on internal security.
Allow private security company grow.

More than 60% of police in Nigeria are attached to 10% of the population, while 40% are left to police the remaining 90% of Nigeria's population

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by CaptainMitch: 10:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
Nonsense, share the money for us make we protect ourselves.
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by Joshmanfashion(m): 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sanitize your men first, they are more of a terrorist or thieves

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by Timothyoj(m): 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
HarunaWest:
It's high time Nigeria spent on its security forces. Even the 1 trillion is small..Naija has slot of criminals police inclusive but the NPF is so poorly equipped...Going to any of their station is an eyesore..Always a rickety pick up truck and disgruntled officers...It's high time Nigeria Invested massively on its security forces...if all the Abacha loot could be channeled to them under strict supervision of NSA and the CinC, it will be better for all...God bless Nigeria

I am not getting something here, can someone pls explain to me.
Are we just equipping the security team from the time Bihari assumes position...?
Haven't we done some disbursement towards the police team since Buhari assumes duty...?
Can't they just augment or update or upgrade the equipment on ground to achieve their goals...?

Some people are ready to be blessed upon the receipt or one trillion.
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by enemyofprogress: 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
Just talk sey una need money to share

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 01, 2020
use d abacha lot to purchase it.
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by Charly68: 10:46pm On Mar 01, 2020
foolbuster:
Something close to that amount has already been given to the military and its as if everything got even worse. Even a lot more than that has gone into security vote still nothing. How will police fare differently?

Oga IG you and i know nigeria's security problem is not money. Na only you know wetin you wan use almost a trillion naira to do.
They are fake ..give them triple of that sum ,there won't be any good result,insecurity has now become their cash cow ..
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by thinkmoney(m): 10:47pm On Mar 01, 2020
obembet:

Source: https://punchng.com/police-need-n944-9bn-to-protect-nigerians-says-ig/
one problem with Nigeria is that we don't put the appropriate value on research and education.
it's no surprise then that in that list research has the least projected budget.
what I deduce the police force need most is reorientation about how modern police should operate. they need reorientation on police relationship with people. And they should be made aware that police is the face of the country, they are like an ambassador. Any body that comes into the country from abroad will most likely meet with our police, hence our police should look smart, speak eloquent English, look clean always and have basic ICT knowledge (ICT skills cannot be overemphasized).
Important too for the police, army and even the teaching profession; these profession should be made attractive and intellectually demanding that only sound minds and educated people can work there. I expect to be seeing these professions made up of graduates. this will cleanse the professions, boost their image and make job available for graduates, consequentially making education attractive again
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by Kennitrust(m): 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2020
Not to protect but to destroy. Protect my foot
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by abeylee001: 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2020
Arm robber

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by TheTourist: 10:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
GOD PUNISH HIS HAUSA/FULANI MOUTH HE IS SPEWING TRASH WITH.

THE EARLIER WE RESTRUCTURE THIS COUNTRY THE BETTER.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
Isorait lipsrsealed
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:51pm On Mar 01, 2020
obembet:

Na woman they talk this one, na waooo..

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by Collins4u1(m): 10:59pm On Mar 01, 2020
Let them gimme my own share of the money lemme protect my self
Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by shogsman(m): 11:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
If this was a working country $3bn for security shouldn't be a problem, afterall some official pocket more than that annually

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by EnterpriseMan: 11:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
obembet:

Wise man wink

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Adamu: Police Need N944.9bn To Protect Nigerians by King2305: 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2020
HarunaWest:

Nigeria security kee u dia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Watch Your Utterances" - DSS Warns Shiekh Gumi, Others Over Mamu's Arrest / Buhari Doesn’t Need WAEC Certificate To Contest In 2019 –Barrister Adegboruwa / Obaseki Campaigns In Etsako Central (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.