Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:45 AM

2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan (842 Views)

S’west PDP Rejects National Chairmanship - Punch / Dasuki: GEJ Ordered Me To Share N10Billion To PDP Delegates - Saharareporters / Kogi: PDP Delegates Attacked By Thieves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by chyz(m): 1:14am On Dec 20, 2010
[size=18pt]2011: S’West PDP delegates endorse Jonathan[/size]

By Olalekan Adetayo, Ibadan

Monday, 20 Dec 2010

Barely 24 hours after about 844 Peoples Democratic Party national delegates in the North-West endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan for the party’s presidential ticket, their counterparts from the South-West have also declared their unalloyed support for the President.

The 580 delegates drawn from Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti and Ondo states took the decision at a meeting with the President at the Mapo Hall in Ibadan, Oyo State capital on Sunday.

A communiqué issued at the end of the meeting and signed by the South-West Coordinator of the Goodluck/Sambo Campaign Committee, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, said, “All the delegates of the party at the meeting unanimously, willingly and unequivocally resolved to support and vote en-bloc for President Jonathan and Vice-President Namadi Sambo at the primaries of the party slated for January 13, 2011.”

Earlier, Jonathan had described the South-West as a ‘very crucial’ zone in the realisation of his quest for the party’s presidential ticket. He also urged leaders of the party in the zone to work hard to ensure victory for the party in the governorship election in Lagos State. He admitted that winning Lagos would be a difficult task and advised the leaders of the party in the zone to take the assignment seriously.

Jonathan also expressed regrets on the loss of Ondo, Ekiti and Osun states to opposition parties at the Court of Appeal but stated that efforts were being made to reverse the situation.

He said, “We appreciate the challenges the court judgments imposed on the people of the region and we have held several meetings to address the issue. We are touched by the loss of these states and we are committed. We will work harder to ensure that the states are recovered from the rival parties at the next election.”

Daniel, in his opening remarks, assured the President that the zone would not compromise in delivering the votes of its delegates at the party’s presidential primaries. According to Daniel, Oyo State has 153 delegates, while Ogun, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti and Lagos have 108, 123, 80, 60 and 37 respectively.

Earlier, the host governor, Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala, asked the party’s chieftains not to be weighed down by the political developments in the three South-West states. At the meeting, the motion for the South-West delegates to endorse the President was moved by the senator representing Ife/Ijesa District, Iyiola Omisore, and seconded by the Speaker of the Oyo State House of Assembly, Mr. Moroof Atilola.

All chieftains of the party who have been engaged in a running battle with Alao-Akala did not attend the parley. They include the Senate Leader, Teslim Folarin; Senator Lekan Balogun, Elder Wole Oyelese, Alhaji Yekini Adeojo, Senator Rashidi Ladoja and Ayo Adeseun.

The President had before the meeting paid a courtesy visit to the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Samuel Odulana, Odugade I, where he sought royal blessings for his ambition.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101220312465
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by jaygetta(m): 1:33am On Dec 20, 2010
Ehen! Wahala don yakata! Oya, Kobojunkie, where u dey?
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by aljharem(m): 1:34am On Dec 20, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry crysad
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 1:35am On Dec 20, 2010
jaygetta:

Ehen! Wahala don yakata! Oya, Kobojunkie, where u dey?
When you have no understanding of what is happening, it is OK to keep quiet so as not to reveal your ignorance.

Party members/delegates make declarations as PARTY MEMBERS. Legislators, on the other hand make laws and so ought not to be seen as being partial in the way they make laws so as not to overstep their bounds or go against that which the constitution declares they can, and when they pass resolutions, it AFFECTS, not just party members but the operations of the whole state that assembly presides over.
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by chyz(m): 1:47am On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

When you have no understanding of what is happening, it is OK to keep quiet so as not to reveal your ignorance.

Party members/delegates make declarations as PARTY MEMBERS. Legislators, on the other hand make laws and so ought not to be seen as being partial in the way they make laws so as not to overstep their bounds or go against that which the constitution declares they can, and when they pass resolutions, it AFFECTS, not just party members but the operations of the whole state that assembly presides over.

Problem? grin:

Kaduna State House of Assembly Endorses Jonathan. Sept. 15, 2010

http://allafrica.com/stories/201009160484.html
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 1:54am On Dec 20, 2010
^^ So what is the problem? It is OK for Imo people to be shot in the leg too because Kaduna Legislators have, in an idio-tic move, done the unjust to the Kaduna people?
Sigh!!!  undecided

While you are at it, you might also suggest that Imo State adopt laws that do not protect Children from Child prostitution since that is also the case in Some states in the North. I mean if you are out to copy the north(in the senseless) why not adopt all the stupid moves there is.
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by chyz(m): 1:57am On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

^^ So what is the problem? It is OK for Imo people to be shot in the leg too because Kaduna Legislators have, in an idio-tic move, done the unjust to the Kaduna people?
Sigh!!! undecided

You said nothing then but you have some thing to say now when it's against northern interest.forgive me but you are sounding like a hypocrite.
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 1:58am On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Sigh!!!  undecided

While you are at it, you might also suggest that Imo State adopt laws that do not protect Children from Child prostitution since that is also the case in Some states in the North. I mean if you are out to copy the north(in the senseless) why not adopt all the silly moves there is.

So, you need me to say something everything before you know what is wrong and what is right? How old are you by the way?
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by chyz(m): 2:02am On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So, you need me to say something everything before you know what is wrong and what is right? How old are you by the way?

All that i will tell you is that i'm one of the youth that will bread the hands of the cabal.All should be treated fair or nothing.
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 2:06am On Dec 20, 2010
And for everyone else watching, here is evidence that the youth possibly pose a problem to progress in this country. Many of them are so blinded by their hate of themselves and the next man to understand and know how devastating their actions, if not clearly thought out, could be to progress in this nation, for any group at all, as a whole.

This is one of the reasons why when I hear people say things like " The youths are the leaders and solution", I shudder as I look at the caliber, and mentality of the young people we have today as YOUTHS out there.
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by chyz(m): 2:12am On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

And for everyone else watching, here is evidence that the youth possibly pose a problem to progress in this country. Many of them are so blinded by their hate of themselves and the next man to understand and know how devastating their actions, if not clearly thought out, could be to progress in this nation, for any group at all, as a whole.

This is one of the reasons why when I hear people say things like " The youths are the leaders and solution", I shudder as I look at the caliber, and mentality of the young people we have today as YOUTHS out there.

Oh so let me get this straight, because I support an act that is fair game since others from another side committed it im blinded? Because i want to stop a guy who threatens the lives public of people who he swore to protect as president im blinded? No, i am smart for that and logical. Time to pump in new blood. cool
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 2:16am On Dec 20, 2010
^^^ Forgive me for even attempting to reason with you. It is my fault! I should have known better.
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by appletango: 2:17am On Dec 20, 2010
chyz:

[size=18pt]2011: S’West PDP delegates endorse Jonathan[/size]

By Olalekan Adetayo, Ibadan

Monday, 20 Dec 2010

Barely 24 hours after about 844 Peoples Democratic Party national delegates in the North-West endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan for the party’s presidential ticket, their counterparts from the South-West have also declared their unalloyed support for the President.

The 580 delegates drawn from Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti and Ondo states took the decision at a meeting with the President at the Mapo Hall in Ibadan, Oyo State capital on Sunday.

A communiqué issued at the end of the meeting and signed by the South-West Coordinator of the Goodluck/Sambo Campaign Committee, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, said, “All the delegates of the party at the meeting unanimously, willingly and unequivocally resolved to support and vote en-bloc for President Jonathan and Vice-President Namadi Sambo at the primaries of the party slated for January 13, 2011.”

Earlier, Jonathan had described the South-West as a ‘very crucial’ zone in the realisation of his quest for the party’s presidential ticket. He also urged leaders of the party in the zone to work hard to ensure victory for the party in the governorship election in Lagos State. He admitted that winning Lagos would be a difficult task and advised the leaders of the party in the zone to take the assignment seriously.

Jonathan also expressed regrets on the loss of Ondo, Ekiti and Osun states to opposition parties at the Court of Appeal but stated that efforts were being made to reverse the situation.

He said, “We appreciate the challenges the court judgments imposed on the people of the region and we have held several meetings to address the issue. We are touched by the loss of these states and we are committed. We will work harder to ensure that the states are recovered from the rival parties at the next election.”

Daniel, in his opening remarks, assured the President that the zone would not compromise in delivering the votes of its delegates at the party’s presidential primaries. According to Daniel, Oyo State has 153 delegates, while Ogun, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti and Lagos have 108, 123, 80, 60 and 37 respectively.

Earlier, the host governor, Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala, asked the party’s chieftains not to be weighed down by the political developments in the three South-West states. At the meeting, the motion for the South-West delegates to endorse the President was moved by the senator representing Ife/Ijesa District, Iyiola Omisore, and seconded by the Speaker of the Oyo State House of Assembly, Mr. Moroof Atilola.

All chieftains of the party who have been engaged in a running battle with Alao-Akala did not attend the parley. They include the Senate Leader, Teslim Folarin; Senator Lekan Balogun, Elder Wole Oyelese, Alhaji Yekini Adeojo, Senator Rashidi Ladoja and Ayo Adeseun.

The President had before the meeting paid a courtesy visit to the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Samuel Odulana, Odugade I, where he sought royal blessings for his ambition.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101220312465

ah yes, a communiqué signed by the South-West Coordinator of the Goodluck/Sambo Campaign. it MUST be true then, i mean why would he lie?

the propaganda that passes for journalism in this country is just insane. the article starts off by claiming all 844 delegates from the north west zone are going to vote for GEJ  shocked shocked shocked wowsers. who believes this stuff? oh wait, you guys do!!
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by jaygetta(m): 2:25am On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie, u are an hypocrite: until u tell me ur stance on Atiku being forced down our throat by the one-eyed Gargoyle, Ciroma!
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by aljharem(m): 2:32am On Dec 20, 2010
jaygetta:

Kobojunkie, u are an hypocrite: until u tell me your stance on Atiku being forced down our throat by the one-eyed Gargoyle, Ciroma!

atiku is not been forced down, just vote for any northerner that's all
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by chyz(m): 2:35am On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Forgive me for even attempting to reason with you. It is my fault! I should have known better.

You've always been in support of a northern candidate, no problem with that, but why the cabal? You went for a northern president by all means till jonathan got sworn in then you went for IBB during early campaign time, when he failed you then went to atiku but what are your reasons other than them being from the north?
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 2:38am On Dec 20, 2010
appletango:

ah yes, a communiqué signed by the South-West Coordinator of the Goodluck/Sambo Campaign. it MUST be true then, i mean why would he lie?

the propaganda that passes for journalism in this country is just insane. the article starts off by claiming all 844 delegates from the north west zone are going to vote for GEJ  shocked shocked shocked wowsers. who believes this stuff? oh wait, you guys do!!

You forgot to mention these are only the [b]PDP [/b]Delegates involved here . . grin
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by jason12345: 2:40am On Dec 20, 2010
the so called governors do not have a choice! most incumbent in Africa do not lose an election so why do you all think GJ would? he would UNFORTUNATELY be our president after 2011.
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by Beaf: 2:53am On Dec 20, 2010
jaygetta:

Kobojunkie, u are an hypocrite: until u tell me your stance on Atiku being forced down our throat by the one-eyed Gargoyle, Ciroma!

shocked
Chineke me e! grin grin grin
Re: 2011: S’west Pdp Delegates Endorse Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 4:58am On Dec 20, 2010
No matter from which way you look at this, the end of PDP is near.
If the clown GEJ made it at the primaries then the thief Atiku will bring down the party. Watch and see!

In all the is victory for the masses.

"those who cannot remember their past should be condem so as to repeat it" jimmy jones

(1) (Reply)

Gej Kneeling Down / Seems Nigerians Just Never Learn. . . . / Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.