Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today (11535 Views)

Ondo state is more populated than imo ,zamfara,katsina On Satellite Pictures / Imo, Zamfara: What Happened At The Supreme Court Yesterday / Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:32am On Mar 02, 2020
The Supreme Court will today (Monday ) hear the applications seeking the review of its judgments which upset the outcome of the last governorship election in Imo State as well as the results of the entire elections in Zamfara State .
The Peoples Democratic Party’s Emeka Ihedioha is, by his application filed on February 5, 2020 , seeking the review of the apex court’ s February 13, 2020 judgment which removed him after seven months of being inaugurated as the Imo State governor .
The apex court, in the disputed verdict , installed the All Progressives Congress ’ Hope Uzodinma , as a replacement.
Also, the APC and the faction of the party in Zamfara State , led by former Governor Abdulaziz Yari , had filed another application for the review of a May 24, 2019 judgment which nullified the victory of all of the party’ s candidates at the 2019 general elections held in Zamfara State .
It is unclear if the applicants would take a last- minute step to withdraw the applications on the account of the Supreme Court’ s anger poured on two senior lawyers, Chief Afe Babalola (SAN ), and Chief Wole Olanipekun ( SAN) , for filing similar applications for the review of the February 13, 2020 judgment of the apex court on Bayelsa State .
In the apex court’ s ruling on February 26, dismissing the applications , each of the legal giants was fined record N 30m for filing the applications “ aimed at desecrating the sanctity of the court. ”
Hearing in respect of the Imo and Zamfara cases was stalled on February 18 due to preliminary issues of filing and service of court documents .
The separate panels, both of which were headed by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Tanko Muhammad, then adjourned the hearing till Monday , by which time the issues are expected to have been sorted out.
https://punchng.com/suspence-as-supreme-court-hears-imo-zamfara-gov-polls-review/

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by DeomoviesI: 6:38am On Mar 02, 2020
OK... Should this be interesting? Should this be going in favour of the best man or best lawyers? Should this cause riot after verdict on re application? These questions is what I can't answer for myself. Actually, I wanna see how this end with the supreme, do you think Emeka has hope for reinstatement? Ill see how it goes with him. What about Zamfara unsettling? Will the supreme court judge be incorrigible? How will this end for the end? Is just all the questions needed to be asnwer by supreme Court. I want the best man to win, I care less for the parties. You can get high definition movies and series into external drive and pc including Jumanji: the next level, Bombshell, Charlie's Angel, Knives out, Frozen II Doctor Sleep, Jojo Rabbit, Parasite, and varieties of Series.
(zero, eight, one, four, four, two, three, eight, three, two, seven)

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by helinues: 6:40am On Mar 02, 2020
No suspense anywhere.

The SC judges will deliver their judgements as usual and life goes on after then.

I just hope Pdp as a party won't yarn opata today should the judgement go against them

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by PicLtd: 6:42am On Mar 02, 2020
Uzodinma gave millions to Imo House of assembly members and made them come on TV to denounce Ihedioha and PDP including the rep from Aboh Mbaise.

I pity them when Uzodinma is kicked out today.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by Nwodosis(m): 6:42am On Mar 02, 2020
Even if Hope Uzodimma goes, he will update his CV as an Ex gorvernor of Imo state unlike David Lyon of Bayelsa state.

23 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by yerokunphilips: 6:42am On Mar 02, 2020
Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by OakConsultNG: 6:49am On Mar 02, 2020
Interesting times..

Obtain your TIN. Register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by doncox: 6:49am On Mar 02, 2020
We are keenly watching. Justice should be served properly. Let's see how the SC looks into the matters. They should be guided by judicial prudence and the extant laws of our land. Any way it goes, let it be that justice was served. My take.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by ChaoHendrix: 6:49am On Mar 02, 2020
"Aimed at desecrating the sanctity of the court" ?

Nigerian Supreme court is a mad house inhabited with mentally deranged people and occasionally deranged patrons..

shocked

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by Abboki: 6:49am On Mar 02, 2020
Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by JubrinElSudan: 6:49am On Mar 02, 2020
Let's see who will be asked to pay fine, Imo PDP or Zamfara APC?
Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by money121(m): 6:50am On Mar 02, 2020
Ok
Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by PresidentAtiku(m): 6:50am On Mar 02, 2020
Ok
Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by Onyeedum(m): 6:50am On Mar 02, 2020
I see total turn around on Imo case.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:51am On Mar 02, 2020
Ihedioha will emmerge victorious today.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by Mokason28: 6:52am On Mar 02, 2020
Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by WonderManly(m): 6:52am On Mar 02, 2020
Who go come win for court now? PDP or APC?
Okay, let's do it this way.
Click Like for PDP=
or Click Share for APC=

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by StreetFight: 6:52am On Mar 02, 2020
The Supreme Court is Supreme and it's decisions are final on Earth and in the life thereafter.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by Mokason28: 6:52am On Mar 02, 2020
I have said this before and I will gladly say it again... it’s only in this Buhari regime that Supreme Court will review and already pronounced judgement...In-between IMO State was robbed of its vote embarassed...

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by anonimi: 6:52am On Mar 02, 2020
helinues:
No suspense anywhere.
The SC judges will deliver their judgements as usual and life goes on after then.
I just hope Pdp as a party won't yarn opata today should the judgement go against them

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3282215_3280258cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages3272111buhariagainjpgd15e66c9f33a4e30f8dacde4242c9e82jpeg213df7cbc5d7d66c97955a204c81c40c_bin_jpegd6b4c7abfdda7ad93570e2ba4c44b4a8

Symphony007:
Buhari reveals how APC won Osun governorship with ‘remote control’

President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, while appealing to traditional rulers in Osun State to support his reelection to enable his administration consolidate on its achievements, revealed that APC was able to win the state’s governorship election held months back with the aid of remove control.

Buhari, who failed to provide details of what he meant by remote control, said: “I know how much trouble we had in the last election here. I know by remote control through so many sources how we managed to maintain the party (APC) in power in this state.”

https://guardian.ng/politics/buhari-reveals-how-apc-won-osun-governorship-with-remote-control/?F

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027367_buhsheep_jpeg77d17e1bca3def9e42a445aac08437fe

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026526_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by LamidiCownu: 6:53am On Mar 02, 2020
Ibo Muslims are happy with this news

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by nanauju(f): 6:53am On Mar 02, 2020
Ok
Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by anonimi: 6:54am On Mar 02, 2020
Nwodosis:
Even if Hope Uzodimma goes, he will update his CV as an Ex gorvernor of Imo state unlike David Lyon of Bayelsa state.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10671712_10453860screenshot201909302133192pngf811e34dc1fa674a8adf25f9e3aece56_png04d23b3637a01a0a84ac91e6a24e784e

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by anonimi: 6:54am On Mar 02, 2020
LamidiCownu:
Ibo Muslims are happy with this news

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by Yankiss(m): 6:54am On Mar 02, 2020
Let the supreme court prove they are supreme and the final hope of the common man, not the elite. They should examine both case scenarios based on their individual merits, so that either way it goes we are satisfied that justice was served.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by NotNairalandi(m): 6:58am On Mar 02, 2020
Ihedioha should just don't dream of having Imo seat again..its over and it's over. We all know his mandate was stolen and sold at Eke Njaba market
Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 02, 2020
The Imo judgement by the supreme court was definitely an oversight error, there is no doubt it was a clerical error..

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by Yeecar(m): 6:59am On Mar 02, 2020
To be postponed again, i dont understand the Nigerian judicial system .
Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by helinues: 7:00am On Mar 02, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today by lathrowinger: 7:01am On Mar 02, 2020
Michael20111111:
[color=#000000][/color]

Gimme game bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention / Katsina, Gombe Divided Over Tinubu, Osinbajo As Anyim Pledges Security, Jobs / Yobe Residents Threaten Election Boycott As INEC Relocates Voting Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.