Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,898 members, 7,852,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:46 AM

Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President (25288 Views)

4 Governors, Wike, Attend Justice Monica Dongban-Mensem Son’s Memorial / Senate Confirms Justice Dongban-Mensem As President, Court Of Appeal / Buhari nominates Dongban-Mensem as President, Court of Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by bluebay(m): 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2020
Witcher:
Nigeria: Buhari Is the Best President, His Administration Is Best Since 1960 -
President Muhammadu Buhari, noting that he stands atop all the Presidents that have ruled the country.
Buhari's administration remains the best compared to other past administrations, of Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Musa Yaradua and Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

With a pinpoint accuracy, the group listed corruption and insecurity as the two major banes of Nigeria's democratic success, and noted with stark words that Buhari is the only President who identified these problems and currently tackles them.

looked at roads and modern rail system which, according to them have been abandoned but are now getting attention.

Buhari for implementing the treasury single account (TSA) which has helped to block financial leakages.

"We adjudge the Buhari administration as the best in post-independence Nigeria. Everyone agrees that corruption is the bane of Nigeria's development. All other factors are peripheral but corruption is tangential. This implies that Nigeria will overcome all its challenges once corruption has been reduced to its barest minimum.

"This explains why President Muhammadu Buhari has been consistently consistent in tackling graft since his days as military head of state (1983-85) till today. Apart from the War Against Indiscipline (WAI), the period heralded transparency, probity and accountability in the public sphere.
"Unfortunately corrupt elements in society have also been fighting tooth and nail to frustrate his efforts. These include, but are not limited to, rapaciously greedy civil servants, a superfluously voracious business class and avariciously glutinous politicians.

"They were behind the 1985 coup which ousted the no-nonsense Buhari-Idiagbon regime. That coup was an anti-people action sponsored by established kleptomaniacs and executed by greedy, corrupt and overambitious elements in the military. That singular action also returned Nigeria to the path of unbridled waste, reckless graft and undiluted consumerism.

"Unfortunately the second coming of President Buhari in 2015 as a civilian president was almost castrated as the National Assembly was hijacked from the very beginning courtesy of 'sarakitisation' and 'dogaratisation' of parliamentary process. The president himself nearly lost his life."
Hahahahahahha. We all know what's going on. Her first Applicant will be the APC chairman .
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by AnanseK(m): 5:59pm On Mar 05, 2020
Pusyiter:
Why in acting capacity when she is the most senior?

Are you that ignorant.? All appointments are done that way , confirmation follows later. Refer to the recent appointments. CJ, IG, Head os Service etc. remember that Magu has been in acting capacity for years.

Please be informed
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by Eteka1(m): 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2020
Zico5:
Buhari has turned everyone to tribalist with his nepotism and tribalism. A man that believe that only northerners and Fulani jihadists are the most competent people to handle sensitive position. I pity northerners cos by the time the power changes hand, I don't want to hear anyone crying fowl play.
This woman is next in seniority to the retiring President of the Court of Appeal, it doesn't matter where she is from.
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by Zico5(m): 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
Eteka1:
This woman is next in seniority to the retiring President of the Court of Appeal, it doesn't matter where she is from.
As well, Jamoh is the next in command to the maritime boss. Yeye dey smell
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by OlujobaSamuel: 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
fergie001:

Section 238(5) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) says she can't be on acting position for more than three months.

I gathered, they are three who will be interviewed by the NJC soonest. That's the most senior three.

Dongbah-Mensem herself...Plateau
Mohammed Garba....Zamfara
Raphael Chikwe Agbo...Enugu

I'm not referring to her being nominated, I mean the statement that the president may nominate a substantive president for the position.
It implies that he might choose not to nominate anyone and leave her in acting capacity till time lapse
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by fergie001: 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

I'm not referring to her being nominated, I mean the statement that the president may nominate a substantive president for the position.
It implies that he might choose not to nominate anyone and leave her in acting capacity till time lapse
Definitely,....
He did that with Onnoghen at the SC...
Jonathan did it with Bulkachuwa....so definitely, YES.
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by fergie001: 6:29pm On Mar 05, 2020
AnanseK:

Are you that ignorant.? All appointments are done that way , confirmation follows later. Refer to the recent appointments. CJ, IG, Head os Service etc. remember that Magu has been in acting capacity for years.

Please be informed
Take it easy.....
He doesn't know that was why he asked.

The purpose of NL is to inform ourselves.
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by Gallagher01: 6:56pm On Mar 05, 2020
[s]
Afamed:
Gbam
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by Truthbites: 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
Our constitution must be amended so that the president cannot appoint any justice, whether Court of Appeal or Supreme Court
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by bosman50(m): 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
I don't understand. Just when Oshomo-baba filed an appeal against his removal?
I smell fowl play
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by Inspectorsuga22(m): 7:06pm On Mar 05, 2020
Witcher:
President Muhammadu Buhari, noting that he stands atop all the Presidents that have ruled the country.
Buhari's administration remains the best compared to other past administrations, of Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Musa Yaradua and Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

With a pinpoint accuracy, the group listed corruption and insecurity as the two major banes of Nigeria's democratic success, and noted with stark words that Buhari is the only President who identified these problems and currently tackles them.

looked at roads and modern rail system which, according to them have been abandoned but are now getting attention.

Buhari for implementing the treasury single account (TSA) which has helped to block financial leakages.

"We adjudge the Buhari administration as the best in post-independence Nigeria. Everyone agrees that corruption is the bane of Nigeria's development. All other factors are peripheral but corruption is tangential. This implies that Nigeria will overcome all its challenges once corruption has been reduced to its barest minimum.

"This explains why President Muhammadu Buhari has been consistently consistent in tackling graft since his days as military head of state (1983-85) till today. Apart from the War Against Indiscipline (WAI), the period heralded transparency, probity and accountability in the public sphere.
"Unfortunately corrupt elements in society have also been fighting tooth and nail to frustrate his efforts. These include, but are not limited to, rapaciously greedy civil servants, a superfluously voracious business class and avariciously glutinous politicians.

"They were behind the 1985 coup which ousted the no-nonsense Buhari-Idiagbon regime. That coup was an anti-people action sponsored by established kleptomaniacs and executed by greedy, corrupt and overambitious elements in the military. That singular action also returned Nigeria to the path of unbridled waste, reckless graft and undiluted consumerism.

"Unfortunately the second coming of President Buhari in 2015 as a civilian president was almost castrated as the National Assembly was hijacked from the very beginning courtesy of 'sarakitisation' and 'dogaratisation' of parliamentary process. The president himself nearly lost his life."

U are just richly $tupid with the way u reason...
U are worst than the witch u call urself..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by NgwalandAbia(m): 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
HacheNoire:

When your peniss is less than 3 inches, why won't you bet with your left balls.

It's even foolish of you for not using both balls since the peniss is below par and automatically useless.
I don't take lowlife serious

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by Bimpe29: 7:47pm On Mar 05, 2020
I wish her best of luck.
Congratulations!
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by thatsleepboy1: 8:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
Witcher:

What is this one saying?
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2020
Witcher:

Eyaah embarassed
Look at dis fine young girl dat they have recruited to be a zombie cry
Buhari no be better person I swear angry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by akdjr(m): 8:49pm On Mar 05, 2020
Which one be middle belt? She's a Northernern period!
solmus:
undecided

She is a Christian and a middle belt woman, Buhari would keep her on Acting Capacity till he finds a muslim core northerner like he did with Onoghen and DSS boss

Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
fergie001:
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Hon. Justice M.B. Dongban Mensem as the Acting President of the Court of Appeal.

https://twitter.com/NGRPresident/status/1235580077146062849?s=19
I thought Mohd Garba was the next most senior after bulkachuwa. How come he took over the pept after bulkachuwa was forced to recuse herself by the PDP?
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by fergie001: 8:52pm On Mar 05, 2020
bosman50:
I don't understand. Just when Oshomo-baba filed an appeal against his removal?
I smell fowl play
It doesn't mean....all Court of Appeal or Supreme Court judges retire at 70 years old. The rule is that the next most senior takes over in acting capacity.

The incumbent, Bulkachuwa will be 70 years old tomorrow, so this woman Dongban is the next most senior.
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by fergie001: 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I thought Mohd Garba was the next most senior after bulkachuwa. How come he took over the pept after bulkachuwa was forced to recuse herself by the PDP?
Nope....
Dongbah-Mensem
Garba Mohammed
Raphael Chikwe Agbo

....in that order
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2020
solmus:
undecided

She is a Christian and a middle belt woman, Buhari would keep her on Acting Capacity till he finds a muslim core northerner like he did with Onoghen and DSS boss

Funny enough Mohd Garba is next after her and he fits ur bill though I think being a middle belter, she will be deemed "safe" enough
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:56pm On Mar 05, 2020
fergie001:

Nope....
Dongbah-Mensem
Garba Mohammed
Raphael Chikwe Agbo

....in that order
Hmmm. I hope dis woman reached the promised land o. With that Mohd Garba lurking behind esp having done a "good job" at the tribunal. I still wonder why he took over PEPT sha. The story out there then was that he was the next to bulkachuwa
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by fergie001: 8:57pm On Mar 05, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Funny enough Mohd Garba is next after her and he fits ur bill though I think being a middle belter, she will be deemed "safe" enough
Not really, they tried pushing her to the Supreme Court , she declined.

The idea isn't a Northerner affair....the issue is no Christian (North or South) has occupied that seat since 1978.

Worse still, she and Garba are agemates, so are likely to retire the same time.
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by fergie001: 8:58pm On Mar 05, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Hmmm. I hope dis woman reached the promised land o. With that Mohd Garba lurking behind esp having done a "good job" at the tribunal. I still wonder why he took over PEPT sha. The story out there then was that he was the next to bulkachuwa
Bulkachuwa decided to allow him replace her for the same crooked reason.

Garba was the former Chief Judge of Zamfara State. He is currently the presiding CJ for Lagos and Dongban is for Enugu.

But trust me, the plot is still on.
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2020
fergie001:

Not really, they tried pushing her to the Supreme Court , she declined.

The idea isn't a Northerner affair....the issue is no Christian (North or South) has occupied that seat since 1978.

Worse still, she and Garba are almost agemates, so are likely to retire the same time.
Toh. My prayers are with her o. May she escape the games of the king in the North
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by fergie001: 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Toh. My prayers are with her o. May she escape the games of the king in the North
Amen.....
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by magzey: 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2020
Sodiquinone:
I thought they said Buhari is giving only northern Muslims appointment..
Don't mind the Flat head mugus, grin grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by L1lma(f): 9:15pm On Mar 05, 2020
Congratulations all d way
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by Legendguru: 9:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
hmmm
Re: Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
From the write up she is acting pending her confirmation by Senate. After which she would be confirmed.

Buhari is diamond!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Slam Osinbajo Over Claim Of Lifting "2million Petty Traders With N20B" / Placement Of Overhead Bridge Of Oba Adesoji Aderemi In Osogbo (Photos) / Time To Leave PDP For Sheriff, Create A New Party - Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.