Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? (1358 Views)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 06, 2020
I have this mental picture of having a home that gives peace of mind and none toxic. Place where morals and values are uphold, place where everyone take responsibilities over their actions,where no hypocrisy.Sense of worth and where honesty is a lifestyle,where respect and loyalty is earn not commanded,where I take the lead and lead by example.A home where I am not too proud to say sorry when I wrong,a home where material things is just a means to an end. Can there be such a home? Responsible responses are welcome.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ValCon888: 1:59am On Mar 06, 2020
Aren't you the dude that put the lady's pics on a thread? I hope you're not having cold feet after all you've said?

Most of the time on this forum, I say what I don't mean, and mean what I don't say.
But you've asked a serious question, and I'll reciprocate with a serious answer.

What you've described is an ideal that can be transformed into reality with the right partner. However, it requires discipline, hardwork and 100% commitment. 99% isn't enough.

Many marriages collapse because both parties aren't willing to put in the work.
Marriage is seen as an end in itself (achievement) instead of a means to an end (happiness).

Remember there's no perfect home. Human beings are social animals and because of that there's bound to be conflict. The quarrels aren't important. It's how you settle your differences and move on that counts.

At the end of the day, it's up to you and your spouse to find what works best for you guys and stick to it.

The litmus test of a marriage isn't the good days. It is the normal boring days. If you can figure out how to make those days enjoyable, you'll definitely have a peaceful home.

I have a lot more to say, but I'll stop here.

All the best.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:30am On Mar 06, 2020
ValCon888:
Aren't you the dude that put the lady's pics on a thread? I hope you're not having cold feet after all you've said?

Most of the time on this forum, I say what I don't mean, and mean what I don't say.
But you've asked a serious question, and I'll reciprocate with a serious answer.

What you've described is an ideal that can be transformed into reality with the right partner. However, it requires discipline, hardwork and 100% commitment. 99% isn't enough.

Many marriages collapse because both parties aren't willing to put in the work.
Marriage is seen as an end in itself (achievement) instead of a means to an end (happiness).

Remember there's no perfect home. Human beings are social animals and because of that there's bound to be conflict. The quarrels aren't important. It's how you settle your differences and move on that counts.

At the end of the day, it's up to you and your spouse to find what works best for you guys and stick to it.

The litmus test of a marriage isn't the good days. It is the normal boring days. If you can figure out how to make those days enjoyable, you'll definitely have a peaceful home.

I have a lot more to say, but I'll stop here.

All the best.
. Our love and relationship wax stronger than i ever thought,so I am truly bless, Falling in love with her is the best decision I ever made and aren't going back on it.She is truly amazing .Your opinions are thoughtful and generous. I take those words as an advice.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Mryacks: 10:59am On Mar 06, 2020
Jaubdu:
I have this mental picture of having a home that gives peace of mind and none toxic. Place where morals and values are uphold, place where everyone take responsibilities over their actions,where no hypocrisy.Sense of worth and where honesty is a lifestyle,where respect and loyalty is earn not commanded,where I take the lead and lead by example.A home where I am not too proud to say sorry when I wrong,a home where material things is just a means to an end. Can there be such a home? Responsible responses are welcome.

Yes there can be such a home even in this perilous times that we are in. But first, you have to seek God's help in helping you to find that partner who shares the same core moral values and have an amazing heart like yours. When you are married to such person, I tell you almost every other thing will be added....
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2020
Jaubdu:

The brutal truth is that you can't have it all.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
Jaubdu:
. Our love and relationship wax stronger than i ever thought,so I am truly bless, Falling in love with her is the best decision I ever made and aren't going back on it.She is truly amazing .Your opinions are thoughtful and generous. I take those words as an advice.
Of course it will wax stronger now na.
The girl is from a relatively good home,has good prospects and all while you on the other hand is a hungry mofo.
I am sure you know too well that marrying her will come with a lot of treasure(settlement plan from the dad and mom in the uk)
So you be want hate her before?despite the fact that she is your only survival chance undecided
See,if you make me vex,I go cast this thing for you.
I hope you know I know her personally?
No make me reason your matter.
I don tell you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by rain21(f): 3:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
Of course you you can have such a home
Marry your friend and someone who have a good character from a morally upright home, and you will have a blissful home
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by StrikeBack(m): 4:01pm On Mar 06, 2020
Nwaneni

I know you too well.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by djon78(m): 4:18pm On Mar 06, 2020
Jaubdu:

There was this popular musician a doctor that divorced recently. I remember how love was shaking him then. How far today?

It takes more than love, all those butterflies feeling to make marriage work.
Marriage no easy.
In fact if you go in with high expectations you may end up dissapointed.
People that go in with least expectations survive more.

In addition the worst thing you can do is end up with a toxic spouse. You will hate yourself. So look very carefully oo
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by emmaodet: 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
Logoobenz:
The girl is from a relatively good home,has good prospects and all while you on the other hand is a hungry mofo.
I am sure you know too well that marrying her will come with a lot of treasure(settlement plan from the dad and mom in the uk)
So you be want hate her before?despite the fact that she is your only survival chance undecided
I don tell you.

Logo, why u wan cut this guy ticket now?
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2020
emmaodet:

Logo, why u wan cut this guy ticket now?
I dey want teach am how to run this thing e dey only talk.
E no go close mouth go lowkey for God's sake undecided
Over legit dey cut work sometimes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Tifunloran: 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2020
Living according to ones means Copy Copy
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by GboyegaD(m): 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2020
What is it about this your many post on marital expectations. Marriage changes nothing except you just got yourselves a new life time live-in partner. Live each day as it comes, be true to yourselves, and respect each other's boundaries. I pray you wouldn't be bringing up your issues online as it seems you think the only way to learn is to keep opening up threads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Biglittlelois(f): 6:17pm On Mar 06, 2020
Lol.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:43am On Mar 07, 2020
Jaubdu:

You make the bed that you lie in. From my observation, you have already started off on a wrong note. I anticipate your posts on NL someday, complaining like the husband below.

https://www.nairaland.com/5695646/wife-forgets-anniversary-does-she

This is a typical modern-day marriage between a weak man and a normal woman. He started off fawning over his wife, moved on to permitting his wife to dominate and ended up in complete bondage; seeking his wife's approval and lamenting over her neglect.

Btw in case you think you can always repair the marriage, this particular husband can never remedy that situation and neither will you if you start off on the wrong foot. In this case, she will never be a good wife. For a home to be in harmony, the potential wife's training needs to start from day 1; the day you meet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ogawisdom(m): 12:49pm On Mar 07, 2020
Op it's all possible but alot depends on the woman u settle down with and if u are financially stable
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Raalsalghul: 6:11am On Mar 08, 2020
Logoobenz:
I don tell you.

Logobenz free this guy na.

(1) (Reply)

Sale Of Household Electronics And Others. / Cost Of Living In Osogbo / Man Shares Reasons He Has AC In Every Room In His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.