Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,361 members, 7,839,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

When Is The Right Time To Get Married? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is The Right Time To Get Married? (10890 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / When Is The Right Time To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by bolafex(f): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2010
Financial independence is not enough,though it is vital:I also believe age has nothing to do with itgrin vital questions  should be am i ready for this?Is my partner the right person for me?Will i be happy spending the rest of my life with this guy/lady?If you answer to these is YES,then you are ready to go.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by mamagee3(f): 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2010
When someone is emotionally and mentally mature. . .

Also got to be financially stable. wink
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by dayokanu(m): 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2010
mama-gee:

When someone is emotionally and mentally mature. . .

Also got to be financially stable. wink

So mamagee lets get married
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Busybody2(f): 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2010
Na do or die

Na by force

Na beans

Na yam

cool cool cool
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by scorpion1: 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2010
A lot has been said. Dont let anyone deceive you, age and maturity of the mind is critical. Marrying isnt the koko, staying married is the main koko. Just know that more than anything, marriage isnt for boys, but for men. If your still a boy, dont touch it. Fiiiiiiile. You must also be ready to have your blood pressure go up often, if you can manage that, then your ready.

If your marrying a Nigerian woman, i am not insinuating its a rule, but in most cases i have heard of, just be ready to carry the responsibilities of the woman, her mother and great grand mother, you will buy mobile phones, buy car sef, and send monthly allowances to wife's family members etc otherwise, they will eventually say you are not a good man and that you are stingy. Na so i see am as the thing dey happen for naija. I tire.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by ukcatlover(m): 8:52pm On Dec 21, 2010
no need for marriage na, na everything dem go teach you
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by JohnDoe77(m): 9:03pm On Dec 21, 2010
As a man, when your pocket says its time then its time.
As a woman, when the guy says its time, then its time.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by LA2(m): 9:12pm On Dec 21, 2010
When you've grown tired of your freedom
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by HamidO1(m): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2010
scorpion1:

A lot has been said. Dont let anyone deceive you, age and maturity of the mind is critical. Marrying isnt the koko, staying married is the main koko. Just know that more than anything, marriage isnt for boys, but for men. If your still a boy, dont touch it. Fiiiiiiile. You must also be ready to have your blood pressure go up often, if you can manage that, then your ready.

If your marrying a Nigerian woman, i am not insinuating its a rule, but in most cases i have heard of, just be ready to carry the responsibilities of the woman, her mother and great grand mother, you will buy mobile phones, buy car sef, and send monthly allowances to wife's family members etc otherwise, they will eventually say you are not a good man and that you are stingy. Na so i see am as the thing dey happen for naija. I tire.

Best believe, Marrying is not the koko, staying married is the main koko.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by wealthpal(m): 10:10pm On Dec 21, 2010
right time to marry is when you have what it takes to cater for two and then more as they come(children)
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by whiteroses(f): 10:11pm On Dec 21, 2010
24 and 32 any less or over is kolojuuti
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by basher(m): 10:21pm On Dec 21, 2010
This goes for both sexes.

You are ready to get married when you've "been there, done that" and have had enough of all that.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by fairsense(m): 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2010
best time to marry for either male or female is AT 20 YEARS. It's one thing I wish I had done!
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by poweredcom(m): 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2010
Hhahaa men as for me if no be condition, of this our yeye country at least 32 Is just Ok for me as a male and as for female just 27 Is just Ok
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by blackcypha(m): 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2010
to me men 28-38yrs
gals 18-30yrs
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by newmi(m): 11:58pm On Dec 21, 2010
when you are ready in all raminification, gbam! gbam!! gbam!!! no more any less
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by lasgidi4rv: 12:26am On Dec 22, 2010
bolafex:

Financial independence is not enough,though it is vital:I also believe age has nothing to do with itgrin vital questions  should be am i ready for this?Is my partner the right person for me?Will i be happy spending the rest of my life with this guy/lady?If you answer to these is YES,then you are ready to go.

Couldn't agree with you more!!!1 cool
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by mrperfect(m): 12:43am On Dec 22, 2010
I hope all the people given suggestion to this question are married? Otherwise is another unclothed man promising another a cloth.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by LkAdeola(m): 1:08am On Dec 22, 2010
When u emotionally and financially mature. No specific age for guys but for girls/ladies 25yrs at worst.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:14am On Dec 22, 2010
wen u don finish run meter wel wel , u don finish chop forbidden fruit , enter galilee and beg for forgivnesss become holy and born again cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

jus teasin wen u are able as a guy
gal wen u find d kabiyesi of ur heart wink cool cool cool
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by r231(m): 1:20am On Dec 22, 2010
right time to get married?

hmmmmm about 2pm or after sunset grin grin

Gods time is the best my friend
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by zinaLPF: 2:17am On Dec 22, 2010
Never.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by roymary: 5:01am On Dec 22, 2010
Advise:    Its right time to get married when you are tired of the streets otherwise you will run back to the streets or end up on the street. 

Clue:       Understand the street. Street includes Ladies, Men, Money , friendships and Relationships. 

Solution:   Appreciate your partner because you already know she's better than the streets.  You are safer in the house with your wife and
                           kids.

Age:       With my experience, I believe you should be done with the streets at 26 regardless of your sex-  I was done at 22.

Spirituality:   When you are divinely presented with your life partner. You can't say No.

Money and maturity that does not come with valuable life experiences and knowledge; would not guarantee you a successful marriage.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by EfeEkarume1(m): 5:51am On Dec 22, 2010
The best time to get married is 12:00pm in the niiiiight.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by igboboy1(m): 6:06am On Dec 22, 2010
Efe Ekarume:

The best time to get married is 12:00pm in the niiiiight.

emm bros sorry emm 12pm na afternoon no be night, u prolly meant 12am, no offeinse (quoting mr cork)
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by taosola(m): 6:29am On Dec 22, 2010
Marriage!!! Mariage is a noose, those dat r in want 2 get out while those out want 2 get in. Get in when u think it's appropriate time 4 u.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by pwiz(m): 7:08am On Dec 22, 2010
When u are financially,emotionally and mentally stable u are gud to go or maybe ask GOOGLE OR BUZZLE(joking)
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by pwiz(m): 7:08am On Dec 22, 2010
When u are financially,emotionally and mentally stable u are gud to go or maybe ask GOOGLE OR BUZZLE(joking)
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by snthesis(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2010
it depends on the timezone grin grin grin
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by akwaowoudo(m): 8:43am On Dec 22, 2010
You brought the topic so as to subject the unmarried NLanders to ridicule.
Marriage no dey compulsory _na true talk.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by akwaowoudo(m): 8:44am On Dec 22, 2010
You brought the topic so as to subject the unmarried NLanders to ridicule.
Marriage no dey compulsory _na true talk.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by akwaowoudo(m): 8:53am On Dec 22, 2010
roymary:

Advise:    Its right time to get married when you are tired of the streets otherwise you will run back to the streets or end up on the street. 

Clue:       Understand the street. Street includes Ladies, Men, Money , friendships and Relationships. 

Solution:   Appreciate your partner because you already know she's better than the streets.  You are safer in the house with your wife and
                           kids.

Age:       With my experience, I believe you should be done with the streets at 26 regardless of your sex-  I was done at 22.

Spirituality:   When you are divinely presented with your life partner. You can't say No.

Money and maturity that does not come with valuable life experiences and knowledge; would not guarantee you a successful marriage. 

Marry? No! Reason? Girls / women are too wicked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Some People Abandon Their Parents After Marriage? / How Do I Get My Baby To Sleep Peacefully? / Please Recommend A Good Product Of Chest Freezer For Me To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.