Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,499 members, 7,847,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:24 AM

What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (53453 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:54am On Mar 09, 2020
MichaelSokoto:

fixed!

don't thank me, thank God!
cool

LMAOOOOO grin
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by iyimide(m): 1:57am On Mar 09, 2020
My mum is there.. I pay rent from here. But she sends stuff that I pay for the shipping. Recently sent my daughter clothes.. one thing I found out is we are richer than these people... we dey spend money wey dem no born dem well to spend...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 1:58am On Mar 09, 2020
grandstar:

£300 then is like £500 today. Multiply by 470 is 235,000
ok
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by 0m0nnakoda: 1:59am On Mar 09, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:
Let me start my own this way, I know in this life nobody owes us anything but that doesn't mean our lives must always be about us and us alone. There's a blessing in giving.

I'm opportune to have an uncle who has stayed in US for more than 20 yrs now. He's a surgeon and one of the best in his field but the biggest gift I've received from him was 800 naira in 2007. Though he use to give me those big bargy trousers once in a while I still see the 8h as his biggest gift to me because trouser no be my problem.

Pls tell me your own.

What is the biggest gift you have sent to a relative abroad

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by 0m0nnakoda: 2:01am On Mar 09, 2020
lakeside79937:
I live in England for more than 15 years now have sent money to relatives have sent loads of iPhones to relatives in naira even today am sending 3 iphones to relatives in naija but NO one has ever sent me garri or ground pepper in England before . That's the mistake people do in naija, some Nigerians know how to demand why cant you look for some one coming to UK and say can you please give this friend of mine garri or even any thing you know they are lacking here they will really appreciate it .
Stop sending.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lepasharon(f): 2:04am On Mar 09, 2020
grandstar:

So ebonijay should sleep on the street?

You must be trolling right? Is he that helpless?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Originalsly: 2:05am On Mar 09, 2020
shogsman:

So you just assumed the person is my uncle and older than me,you lot assume too many things especially with little information, you don't even know the first thing about what happened not to talk of the relationship I have With that person.
So your analogy don't apply here.

Fair enough.... wasn't your uncle....but age I never mentioned nor assumed. But the whole point remains the same and the analogy relevant. Why would you expect me to know more than what you told us?

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lepasharon(f): 2:06am On Mar 09, 2020
loveymom:

He has open office on his sisters pocket, he will now be living above his means. Any day or month the sister didn't give him. He will forget all she has done for him.

You know them very well lol.

If she messes up with the payment..he won't fail to call her wicked and stingy

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Ndipe(m): 2:09am On Mar 09, 2020
If you are abroad, how much will you give to your relative in Nigeria?
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by nsiba: 2:09am On Mar 09, 2020
Abroad people lie more than satan

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by CXLVII: 2:10am On Mar 09, 2020
My younger sister in Nigeria got me a PS4 on my birthday

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by 0m0nnakoda: 2:13am On Mar 09, 2020
How many of you have gone to DHL to send ordinary Maggi to your relatives abroad?
Gift ko handout ni

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by grandstar(m): 2:17am On Mar 09, 2020
Ekealterego:

You don't live life on uncertainties. You plan for uncertainties.. what happens to staying in a cheaper place and then move to a better place when she can afford it? Or what happens to taking that amount, 550k which is equivalent to her salary for 8 months and investing it to get something that would yield her extra income? Financial literacy is very important!

You're looking at things through the cold realities of life. I'm saying give that cold reality a break sometimes. It leads to misery, burnout, hypertension, stroke and a host of other things.

I am sure it is his sister idea. He might have picked a cheaper place and the sister would have none of it. She probably wanted a nice mini flat close to work.

If life gives you a treat, grab it. Imagine your husband buying you a car? It might take a toll on his finances but he knows you need it for your small scale business to grow. He just wants you to be happy. Won't that action add more years to your life? Can you put a price on that?

His sister wants to help him out. Let her. What if she dies tomorrow?

Your suggestion about him investing money is good but some pips are lousy in business

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by ollybosieb: 2:34am On Mar 09, 2020
[quote author=goldbim post=87270509]How about what do give to relatives abroad when they come to Nigeria or Send through a friend of theirs ?most times,that little #2000 slippers or even a small Ankara of 2k goes a long way..
Personally,I feel we should try to extend stuffs to them too once in a while..not every time,gimme gimme cheesy..our thoughtfulness can open doors we least expect too..#just saying# lipsrsealed :

God bless you! If you want something give something.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Validated: 2:43am On Mar 09, 2020
iyimide:
My mum is there.. I pay rent from here. But she sends stuff that I pay for the shipping. Recently sent my daughter clothes.. one thing I found out is we are richer than these people... we dey spend money wey dem no born dem well to spend...

How much you dey spend? Patapa, you go club and carry girls ... People there are building houses at home and remitting Billions of dollars, you are here drinking beer and thinking you are rich. Most Nigerians abroad own houses running in millions of Dollars upon which they pay monthly mortgage. Some build houses and rent them here and you guys will refuse to pay rent, calling them shylock.
Do you know that some of the people you refer to that "dem no born them well to spend as you do" are worth more than some of your revered politicians if they were to sell off their investments and return home with the cash? Go to a company like FSDH and ask them who are their key investors ... MYOPIA!!!

12 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by anonimi: 2:45am On Mar 09, 2020
southniyikaye:
mtchew
Broda Bola lives in UK.
He wants to impress me every time he sends things home.
Always sending 250naira worth boxers and 300naira worth belt, na one ibo boy dey always help me confirm the price.
I Wan ask, shey Aba boys Don dey send belt and boxers go UK ni?
Does UK people, dem be akagum eshin national theater

Entitlement mentality kee you there.
Na wetin you sef don give am?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by bigtt76(f): 2:50am On Mar 09, 2020
Ha! 800 hundred naira fah cheesy cheesy

SyrusdeHansome:
Let me start my own this way, I know in this life nobody owes us anything but that doesn't mean our lives must always be about us and us alone. There's a blessing in giving.

I'm opportune to have an uncle who has stayed in US for more than 20 yrs now. He's a surgeon and one of the best in his field but the biggest gift I've received from him was 800 naira in 2007. Though he use to give me those big bargy trousers once in a while I still see the 8h as his biggest gift to me because trouser no be my problem.

Pls tell me your own.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Americanboy35: 3:11am On Mar 09, 2020
Very interesting thread grin
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by cooltola(m): 3:13am On Mar 09, 2020
If you do not give, they will think you are wicked grin grin grin and If you give they think you are stingy because the money is too small. And if you give a lot, they think you are a fool. grin grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Ogalanyaidi(m): 3:35am On Mar 09, 2020
ayomilore:
300k from my cousin in Australia when I lost my job in 2016.

Australians they ball steady

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by exenxe1(m): 3:36am On Mar 09, 2020
an uncle who lives in USA gave me 500 when he returned....I accepted and felt motivated

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Ogalanyaidi(m): 3:37am On Mar 09, 2020
bigsam1992:
He came from Germany when I was still in university and took me to a restaurant to eat garri and soup... that was the gift he brought from Germany

U funny

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by HolyTitus(m): 3:38am On Mar 09, 2020
[quote author=EzeNdiAra post=87282007][/quote] Read Matthew 7:7
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by ccokwara: 3:40am On Mar 09, 2020
Or11:

Thank goodness I'm not one of your relatives. So because someone lives in another country, he must buy you gifts abi. Poverty and beggi beggi mentality smh

The entitlement mentality eh, so annoying.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by DanWord(m): 4:02am On Mar 09, 2020
My biggest gift my abroad relative ever gave me. Hmmn, Huawei mate 20 pro for Christmas. Although he gave me Samsung galaxy s9 2 months before. I so much love the phone.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SSam01: 4:04am On Mar 09, 2020
bukatyne:

What is the biggest gift you have sent to a relative abroad?

Bag of garri, crayfish, ogiri, okporoko, fufu, akamu and some shit..are you satisfied?

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by NovusHomo(m): 4:09am On Mar 09, 2020
lakeside79937:
I live in England for more than 15 years now have sent money to relatives have sent loads of iPhones to relatives in naira even today am sending 3 iphones to relatives in naija but NO one has ever sent me garri or ground pepper in England before . That's the mistake people do in naija, some Nigerians know how to demand why cant you look for some one coming to UK and say can you please give this friend of mine garri or even any thing you know they are lacking here they will really appreciate it .

Another abroad MUMU. He keeps sending.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by constant1960: 4:09am On Mar 09, 2020
NextD18:
I hardly accept gifts from people Abroad. smiley

I just don't like it. You didn't travel to Abroad to be getting me gifts.

Just admit u have no relative oversea

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by emmyblings(m): 4:14am On Mar 09, 2020
Video call
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by nlPoster: 4:25am On Mar 09, 2020
So the $25 billion yearly sent by Nigerians overseas went to where?

https://techpoint.africa/2019/02/19/remittance-into-nigeria/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by cenaman(m): 4:46am On Mar 09, 2020
My Aunt who stays in Canada gave me a car ( Lexus IS250) on my 20th birthday, that's the biggest gift I have ever received from relatives apart from my biological parents. Though while I was still in school, I do receive cash gift from them ( aunties and uncles, cousins included ) from time to time but, the car still stands out.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

American Woman Adopts Yoruba Name After Marrying Nigerian (photos) / SEE a Lady Calls Her Friends Hoes Because She Has A Man / Stop Snatching Our Husbands ⁠— Owerri Wives Protest Against Young Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.