Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? (4282 Views)

Couples Hiding Their Phones: How True Is This Statement? / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 7:53pm On Mar 08, 2020
A woman said to her husband "I'm not with you because I need you, I'm with you because I love you"
I thought that was a strong statement, and I wondered as a man, how those words would make one feel...
If as a man, those words were said to you by your wife or someone you're in a relationship with, how would that make you feel? undecided

P.s: She's got her own business which is thriving

Guys, help me out here

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by NextD18: 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2020
I love you indeed!

Who still dey fall for that scam?

14 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by yvesboss(m): 8:09pm On Mar 08, 2020
All na scam
Love is never enough

3 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 8:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
Guys naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Make una no just dey view...
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
I will tell her to just cut to the chase and spell out how much she wants me to hand over.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 8:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
NextD18:
I love you indeed!

Who still dey fall for that scam?
It's people like you that love love the most.
No lie...

5 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 8:12pm On Mar 08, 2020
yvesboss:
All na scam
Love is never enough
It still does not answer the question...
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 8:13pm On Mar 08, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
I will tell her to just cut to the chase and spell out how much she wants me to hand over.
You avoided the question...
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by JasonScoolari: 8:17pm On Mar 08, 2020
It would make me feel uneasy, as if my death is coming close.

4 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Omar09(m): 8:23pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mariangeles:
A woman said to her husband "I'm not with you because I need you, I'm with you because I love you"
I thought that was a strong statement, and I wondered as a man, how those words would make one feel...
If as a man, those words were said to you by your wife or someone you're in a relationship with, how would that make you feel? undecided

Guys, help me out here

I'd simply say “Name your price, it gotta be something I can pay”
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 8:26pm On Mar 08, 2020
Omar09:

I'd simply say “Name your price, it gotta be something I can pay”
She's got a thriving business
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by babyfaceafrica: 8:27pm On Mar 08, 2020
Love without financial benefits?.. Hollywood movie . Ain't real!!!,

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 8:27pm On Mar 08, 2020
JasonScoolari:
It would make me feel uneasy, as if my death is coming close.

It takes a strong man to admit hurt.
You're the first guy to answer honestly

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Omar09(m): 8:35pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

She's got a thriving business

She about to share a really bad news. Like how she messed up and kissed a dude.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by CsRockefeller(m): 8:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
yvesboss:
All na scam
Love is never enough

That's because u don't know the real meaning of love.

6 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by bukatyne(f): 8:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
CsRockefeller:

That's because u don't know the real meaning of love.

kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by bukatyne(f): 8:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

Guys, help me out here

I thought it is a positive statement?

It means the wife is with the husband because she wants to.

Or are we missing something?

18 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by CsRockefeller(m): 8:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

Guys, help me out here

I would go dumb for some minutes then, pretend like I didn't hear her.

Finally, I would excuse myself and take a walk far away from her while thinking of what she said.

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 8:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
bukatyne:

I thought it is a positive statement?

It means the wife is with the husband because she wants to.

Or are we missing something?
It's deeper than you think
Believe me, it can break a man.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by xreal: 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2020
It's a positive statement.

If it were the other way round..... run for ya life.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by bukatyne(f): 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

It's deeper than you think
Believe me, it can break a man.

Oya explain.

Maybe we need the context it was said.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

You avoided the question...

I will know that she is buttering me up because she wants something from me, so I will ask what it is she wants.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 8:58pm On Mar 08, 2020
bukatyne:

Oya explain.

Maybe we need the context it was said.
Does the context matter?

To "need" someone, it means you can't do without them.
It is a very deep feeling.

I believe a man would rather you need him than love him because there's deeper love for someone you need.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by sisisioge: 9:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
Everyman should hope to get a wife that's with them for love, not for material security. Lucky dude.

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 9:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

I will know that she is buttering me up because she wants something from me, so I will ask what it is she wants.

How would the statement make you feel?
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

How would the statement make you feel?

Irritated
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by bukatyne(f): 9:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

Does the context matter?

To "need" someone, it means you can't do without them.
It is a very deep feeling.

I believe a man would rather you need him than love him because there's deeper love for someone you need.

Does the context matter?

Yes.

If we want to be logical, it is only God we can't do without.

It actually sounds like buttering the man up.

4 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by cococandy(f): 9:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
It depends on if it’s true or not.

As the husband who’s married to the woman, he should know how their relationship stands. What they benefit from each other and what they stand to loose individually if they are no longer together. So, if the wife makes such a statement and the husband can obviously determine that it’s a lie, then I don’t think he will be pleased with it.

However if she truly doesn’t need him but is with him because she loves him, I’m sure he doesn’t need for her to say it. He will already know it.

In summary it’s a good statement that shouldn’t make anyone feel bad unless they know for a fact that the person saying it is lying.

7 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 9:26pm On Mar 08, 2020
bukatyne:

Does the context matter?

Yes.

If we want to be logical, it is only God we can't do without.

It actually sounds like buttering the man up.

We all know that but feelings are irrational.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by bukatyne(f): 9:29pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

We all know that but feelings are irrational.

See Cococandy's post:

I am yet to see the negative in it. It is another way of saying 'I love you and not your money or what you can give.' etc. etc.

Except we are talking need in terms of emotional support and the likes.

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by jeph19(m): 9:31pm On Mar 08, 2020
It means you're not here coz of material items I can get from you. You're here because of the emotional importance you play in my life.

It means what I feel for you is more than what money can buy.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) / I Need Advise On Best Way To Handle My In-laws / Man Must Take All Financial Responsibilities In Their Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.