Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 (31916 Views)

UK Warns Its Citizens To Avoid 22 States In Nigeria Over Insecurity Issues / Airlines Told To Avoid Afghanistan Airspace As Emirates Airline Suspends Flights / FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

This shit is turning into something else

Damnnn niggarrr every time, are you damned?

5 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by okpalaAnambra: 8:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
Nigeria isn't even a high risk country for Corona virus...maybe they suspended themselves for Nigeria grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Sanchez01: 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2020
Witcher:
Funny Nigeria supposed to cancel it. But it's a win win... Turks are great people with Rich history love it in instanbul
Strange... You said nothing.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by voltron14: 8:28pm On Mar 10, 2020
HeadNigga:
International trips should be stopped worldwide, for now. No more visas for any body...only health workers that are working with WHO can travel when necessary. Exceptions could be made for critically ill people that need to travel...no be audio sickness like these politicians wey get cases for court o

Some of us need to get home.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Sterope(f): 8:28pm On Mar 10, 2020
You should have done a bit of research. You get a visa online or at the airport. Then they provide you with a hotel but you will ask to demand for it. Also, it depends on how long your wait is.

Gracealone:
Good riddance!

I travelled by Turkish Airlines to Amsterdam for a conference in 2015. We were stuck for 19 hours in the return journey at Istanbul without any arrangement for us, even as little as a bottle of water, nothing!

These Turkish guys do not have Nigerians in appreciable esteem. And imagine the way they tortured and detained Nigerian students during their phantom coup.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by BecomeALandLord(m): 8:29pm On Mar 10, 2020
Wow.
When a masquerade over stays an arena, the uninitiated will throw stones at it.

Nigeria was supposed to ban Turkish airlines from the onset, look at Turkish airlines banning us.

We sell genuine lands within our estates

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by HeadNigga: 8:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
voltron14:

Some of us need to get home.
why? Will it cost lives if you don't come at this point in time? We are trying to ensure u don't end up not having a family u can always go home to and you want to sabotage it. Why?

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by byinks(f): 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2020
HeadNigga:
International trips should be stopped worldwide, for now. No more visas for any body...only health workers that are working with WHO can travel when necessary. Exceptions could be made for critically ill people that need to travel...no be audio sickness like these politicians wey get cases for court o

Haha
You want to annihilate the airline, travel and tourism industry and put 20 million out of work worldwide.

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2020
Gracealone:
Good riddance!

I travelled by Turkish Airlines to Amsterdam for a conference in 2015. We were stuck for 19 hours in the return journey at Istanbul without any arrangement for us, even as little as a bottle of water, nothing!

These Turkish guys do not have Nigerians in appreciable esteem. And imagine the way they tortured and detained Nigerian students during their phantom coup.
I concur. I flew Turkish Airlines to Dusseldorf from lagos in 2016 and am still regretting it till today. From Lagos to Istanbul, the meal served was super bad. We were given a meal menu but what was there was not what was served. It was pasta that was served. We grumbled but the crew members were just looking like mumu. One of them had to address us when the protest raged, that the air craft was a hired one and so, what they handed over to them was what was served. From Istanbul to Dusseldorf, the meal was nice, maybe because mainly western citizens were on board. I was so angry. I had to fly airfrance back home and then left open my return ticket which I now used the following year. The similar experience was felt from istanbul to lagos that year

4 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by voltron14: 8:32pm On Mar 10, 2020
HeadNigga:
why?

Because we are done with our project and need to go back to our base.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by infohenry(m): 8:32pm On Mar 10, 2020
Reading comments shows that people only read headlines or that they have comprehension problem. They brought the index case to Nigeria so this measure is to prevent the spread.

4 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by HeadNigga: 8:32pm On Mar 10, 2020
voltron14:

Because we are done with our project and need to go back to our base.
please read my complete response

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Theoarhics: 8:32pm On Mar 10, 2020
What the names of the other two passengers let's know if they are my Benin brothers or sister's.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by AfroBeatDiary: 8:34pm On Mar 10, 2020
Dey are mad

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by dakido(m): 8:34pm On Mar 10, 2020
ijustdey:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/turkish-airlines-suspends-flights-to-nigeria-over-covid-19.html

Where do y'all get news like this from? I work with Turkish Airline and my flight just arrived at the Bay
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by geezynoni: 8:34pm On Mar 10, 2020
Ds corona shii finna wipe humans off the face of the earth
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by johnmattew: 8:34pm On Mar 10, 2020
eleojo23:
Shioooor!

How many Corona cases naija get?

Abeg, they should just say they have found the perfect excuse to suspend flights to Naija. There has to be another reason, no be corona
it's not only Nigeria.... Turkish airlines suspended operations in many countries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by HeadNigga: 8:34pm On Mar 10, 2020
byinks:

Haha
You want to annihilate the airline, travel and tourism industry and put 20 million out of work worldwide.
in the mean time. Even football matches, including champions league, should be suspended until this cov-19 is contained worldwide
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by knogbu: 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2020
Lies from the pit of hell. Fake News

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by johnmattew: 8:36pm On Mar 10, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
Have they suspended flights to Italy too?
since last week

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by byinks(f): 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2020
HeadNigga:
in the mean time. Even football matches, including champions league, should be suspended until this cov-19 is contained worldwide

Football can survive a few suspensions.
A lot of cash reserves to fall back on.
Broadcasters would bear most of the loses .

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by johnmattew: 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2020
DesignHave:
Lol. I don't understand. When did we become China? shocked
they are preventing the virus from getting to Nigeria...and also passengers going to Nigeria have reduced to almost zero..they maily fly empty plane to naija

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by bigiyaro(m): 8:38pm On Mar 10, 2020
thunderstorms fire turkey and dia fvcking airline, why una no ban everything from Italy and the rest of the world.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by NairaMaster1(m): 8:38pm On Mar 10, 2020
sexiestharam:
Why haven't they suspended flights to America? They have far more confirmed cases than us. Makes no sense.

Exactly, same airline that brought the virus to Nigeria is now stigmatizing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by johnmattew: 8:38pm On Mar 10, 2020
RemoveKebab:
Useless ottomen
Na we suppose ban dem self
use ur head b4 insulting....they suspended their flight to naija cos of low patronage as a result of coronavirus
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by tillaman(m): 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2020
Oluwasaeon:
Delete humanity already. Mbappe has just been tested for coronavirus today. Closed stadiums, economies going downhill, everything affected. Can't be arsed anymore man. End the world.
haba he only took the test to see if he is positive cause he has sore throat!! The result never commot sef from where you get your own result

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by voltron14: 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2020
HeadNigga:
why? Will it cost lives if you don't come at this point in time? We are trying to ensure u don't end up having a family u can always go home to and you want to sabotage it. Why?

Because, for what I do, I'm actually the least at risk in all of mankind.

I am more likely to be exposed to the virus as I make my way home to family who are themselves even more likely to be exposed to it than myself.

Believe me, the world isn't always as your perspective allows you to see.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by HeadNigga: 8:42pm On Mar 10, 2020
byinks:

Football can survive a few suspensions.
A lot of cash reserves to fall back on.
Broadcasters would bear most of the loses .
kai, they'd cope. All contracts with players suspended... In terms of their salaries, they should work something out. Life first.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Adebowalay(m): 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2020
Gracealone:
Good riddance!

this is super story...a life of .......
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2020
Is because of low turn out too,
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Isoduwa(m): 8:44pm On Mar 10, 2020
Na who dey go Turkey Nor to talk of who dey come back Turkey airline ✈ dive corona
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by mvem(m): 8:44pm On Mar 10, 2020
Oluwasaeon:
Delete humanity already. Mbappe has just been tested for coronavirus today. Closed stadiums, economies going downhill, everything affected. Can't be arsed anymore man. End the world.
The panic is doing more worse than the virus itself. A virus that 98%+ do recover from. This has come and will pass....by June/July we will be talking about another thing. Few months ago it was World War 3 ,Now corona...just in phases

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15 Things To Know About The Third-mainland Bridge / Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos) / United Nigeria Airlines To BeginOperation On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.