Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 (31911 Views)

UK Warns Its Citizens To Avoid 22 States In Nigeria Over Insecurity Issues / Airlines Told To Avoid Afghanistan Airspace As Emirates Airline Suspends Flights / FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by HeadNigga: 8:45pm On Mar 10, 2020
voltron14:

Because, for what I do, I'm actually the least at risk in all of mankind.

I am more likely to be exposed to the virus as I make my way home to family who are themselves even more likely to be exposed to it than myself.

Believe me, the world isn't always as your perspective allows you to see.
the world needs you, stay put. Skype them. I know how u feel but,look, it is what is. U are still free to come home though...I am only proposing the idea.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:47pm On Mar 10, 2020
After flying in the first Italian convid19 victim to Nigeria. Nonsense!!!
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Totalconcept(m): 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2020
Ban any travel systems from abroad or neighborhoods countries
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2020
tillaman:
haba he only took the test to see if he is positive cause he has sore throat!! The result never commot sef from where you get your own result
Did I say he has it?
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:51pm On Mar 10, 2020
mvem:
The panic is doing more worse than the virus itself. A virus that 98%+ do recover from. This has come and will pass....by June/July we will be talking about another thing. Few months ago it was World War 3 ,Now corona...just in phases
Yes, the panic is even doing more damage than the virus itself
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 10, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
“Each time I want to fight for African rights, I use only one hand — because the other hand is busy trying to keep away Africans who are fighting me.”

- Benjamin Burombo

The Gods protect us.

Deep
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by QuiverBox(f): 8:53pm On Mar 10, 2020
I Agree that Turkish Airlines don't usually respect Nigerians most of the Time.

But I will have to Disagree with you that with regards ,being stucked and they did not give you "bottle Water".

It's obviously you did not know where to go and you did not ask Questions.

1. International Travel laws mandates any overnight Layover lasting more than 7hrs airlines must provide accommodation space for travellers.

2. If you have a Shengen/UK/USA Visa and your layover is more that 7 Hours , you can get a transit Visa in the Airport and Turkish airlines will Provide you accommodation in Their Partner hotel in Istanbul.

3. If you don't qualify for a transit Visa as per item 2 Above, Turkish airlines provides you with Accommodation within the Airport. You get Food tickets also to eat for free at designated food canteen in the Airport

Gracealone:
Good riddance!

I travelled by Turkish Airlines to Amsterdam for a conference in 2015. We were stuck for 19 hours in the return journey at Istanbul without any arrangement for us, even as little as a bottle of water, nothing!

These Turkish guys do not have Nigerians in appreciable esteem. And imagine the way they tortured and detained Nigerian students during their phantom coup.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by voltron14: 8:57pm On Mar 10, 2020
HeadNigga:
the world needs you, stay put. Skype them. I know how u feel but,look, it is what is. U are still free to come home though...I am only proposing the idea.
This would only be as a last resort.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by igwejay: 8:59pm On Mar 10, 2020
It's a fake news shaa, Nigeria is not listed on the Turkish airline website among the banned countries. I wonder what we gain from carrying fake news

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Agugbadin: 9:04pm On Mar 10, 2020
Witcher:
Funny Nigeria supposed to cancel it. But it's a win win... Turks are great people with Rich history love it in instanbul

Do we have a national carrier
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Jackmj(m): 9:07pm On Mar 10, 2020
infohenry:
Reading comments shows that people only read headlines or that they have comprehension problem. They brought the index case to Nigeria so this measure is to present the spread.

I thought as much
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Angelfrost(m): 9:08pm On Mar 10, 2020
sexiestharam:
Why haven't they suspended flights to America? They have far more confirmed cases than us. Makes no sense.

Don't mind the idiots.,. undecided
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Tunagee(m): 9:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
sexiestharam:
Why haven't they suspended flights to America? They have far more confirmed cases than us. Makes no sense.

Read the post very well!
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Jackmj(m): 9:11pm On Mar 10, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
After flying in the first Italian convid19 victim to Nigeria. Nonsense!!!

I Think you should go and read again, That's the reason they suspended flights to prevent further spreading of the virus
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Dollabiz: 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Jackmj(m): 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2020
Judging by the comments I've seen some people no sabi read
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by lonelydora: 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2020
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by HeadNigga: 9:18pm On Mar 10, 2020
voltron14:

This would only be as a last resort.
word. Good luck fellow compatriot.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by ALABACONNECT(m): 9:20pm On Mar 10, 2020
Everything is going to be tagged " because of Corona virus" till further notice
Well, for your smart TVs and Soundsystems, check my signature
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Reference(m): 9:21pm On Mar 10, 2020
Testing, testing 1,2,3....this is a drill, I repeat this is a drill...

Indeed humanity has proven that despite our verbosity were are pitifully unprepared fir Armageddon.

You can then imagine what will have happened if a meteorite the size of the Great Pyramid of Giza had hit the earth...

Or the earth's iron core suddenly stops spinning or reverses direction...

Or one drunk Russian soldier accidentally lets loose an ICBM...

We are as helpless as roaches in an.assembly of cockerels.

You need to thank God for every sunrise and sunset you see because by ourselves we are absolutely nothing.

I was taught a secret at a young age in the military. When you go out to engage the enemy in combat you consider your life forfeited and you mentally work bsck from that position to one of survival. That is the only way body and mind comes together to win.

Live everyday as if it is your last.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Originalsly: 9:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
sexiestharam:

They don't want to spread the virus.... they already brought it to Nigeria. More flights... more passengers bringing coronavirus to Nigeria. The FG should be the one banning flights from virus infected countries.... including the US .countries
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by felixedet(m): 9:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
RemoveKebab:
Useless ottomen
Na we suppose ban dem self

No be Robot be Naija president?
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Organs(m): 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2020
masterP042:
Also, two passengers on board the flight have been declared wanted by the government as the addresses provided were said to be fake and they couldn’t be traced.

Abeg, make govt publish the names of these two idiots. Make we fish them out immediately.
Which kind wahala be this?

Bros, i tire oh. Imagine!. And my mind is telling me one of them sat down next to you inside bus yesterday. See as Naija wan cause wahala for innocent man like you!
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by voltron14: 9:39pm On Mar 10, 2020
HeadNigga:
word. Good luck fellow compatriot.

Thanks.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:40pm On Mar 10, 2020
sexiestharam:
Miss right. Go and cancel the flight. Are u going to Turkey or affected. Same u will blame them if they import another case. Nigerians sef
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by SmartyPants(m): 9:43pm On Mar 10, 2020
sexiestharam:

They are doing it to protect you ma.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by uchman(m): 9:44pm On Mar 10, 2020
sexiestharam:

It's obvious that they dont regard us...
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by koolaid87: 9:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
sexiestharam:

No one holds us in high esteem Bro

Double standards everywhere
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 10, 2020
johnmattew:
it's not only Nigeria.... Turkish airlines suspended operations in many countries
Leave them they are trying to stop the spreading of the virus and some fools are shouting racism. Funny enough most of them are tribal bigots.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by manGODDED: 9:54pm On Mar 10, 2020
Angelfrost:

Don't mind the idiots.,. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man's SUV Bashed By A Truck At Emohua, Rivers, Comes Out Unhurt / 15 Things To Know About The Third-mainland Bridge / Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.