Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 (31917 Views)

UK Warns Its Citizens To Avoid 22 States In Nigeria Over Insecurity Issues / Airlines Told To Avoid Afghanistan Airspace As Emirates Airline Suspends Flights / FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Cmanforall: 10:02pm On Mar 10, 2020
Gracealone:
Good riddance!

I travelled by Turkish Airlines to Amsterdam for a conference in 2015. We were stuck for 19 hours in the return journey at Istanbul airport without any arrangement for us by the airline, even as little as a bottle of water, nothing!

These Turkish guys do not have Nigerians in appreciable esteem. And imagine the way they tortured and detained Nigerian students during their phantom coup.
Maybe it's your first time, is it?
This is because Turkish Airlines lodge their passengers that have long layover as it is in your situation.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by aishmuhd(f): 10:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by friday2011(m): 10:10pm On Mar 10, 2020
sexiestharam:
Why haven't they suspended flights to America? They have far more confirmed cases than us. Makes no sense.

No mind them, yeye pple, the first Coronavirus case in Nigeria, no be the airline bring am?....

I no blame them, na because we no get government, if to say government dey, all this no go dey happen.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by pacespot(m): 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2020
Did they suspend the flight to Nigeria because of coronavirus in Turkey or for just two confirmed cases in Nigeria?
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by lagdmark(m): 10:22pm On Mar 10, 2020
sexiestharam:
Why haven't they suspended flights to America? They have far more confirmed cases than us. Makes no sense.
. Maybe the Coronavirus in USA that has claimed over 29 lives is not harmful enough.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by LONGPREEK(m): 10:28pm On Mar 10, 2020
sexiestharam:
lol
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Vatod(m): 11:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
Witcher:
Funny Nigeria supposed to cancel it. But it's a win win... Turks are great people with Rich history love it in instanbul
Are you presently in Istanbul?
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by dasparrow: 11:59pm On Mar 10, 2020
I actually received an email from Turkish Airlines today with the email title "We care about you." In the email it was stated that flights have been suspended to the following countries: China, Italy, Iran, Iraq and South Korea. The email never mentioned Nigeria but oh well. It's a good thing I assume so they won't bring in more foreigners into Nigeria with the Corona virus.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by dasparrow: 12:08am On Mar 11, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
Have they suspended flights to Italy too?

Yes they have.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by dasparrow: 12:19am On Mar 11, 2020

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by sweetgala(m): 1:06am On Mar 11, 2020
Sounds good this should limit the number of travelers from Asia and the Mediterranean countries impacted by coronavirus.

I'm traveling through CDG in a few days I'll be gearing up and staying safe
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by juman(m): 1:55am On Mar 11, 2020
Rather the airlines around the world are cancelling their flights because of lack of passengers.
People no dey travel again this period except few.

Even some airlines put most of their staff to compulsory holiday to safe some money.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by mmsen: 3:17am On Mar 11, 2020
Witcher:
Funny Nigeria supposed to cancel it. But it's a win win... Turks are great people with Rich history love it in instanbul

Nonsense.

Turks are trash people.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by linearity: 3:36am On Mar 11, 2020
Gforce2015:
How I wish this coronavirus enter aso villa and spread among all the occupants in this place. We for dey do count down by now. If you know, you know.

As the thing dey affect and kaput old people faster, Coronavirus mortality rate for Aso Rock alone fit reach 90% which will be a world record compare to the general 2-3%.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Nobody: 3:46am On Mar 11, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
“Each time I want to fight for African rights, I use only one hand — because the other hand is busy trying to keep away Africans who are fighting me.”

- Benjamin Burombo

The Gods protect us.

This statement of his should be gilded on the cover of every African nation's constitution and embedded on every African social media forum. Africans need guidance on loyalty, unity and patriotism in order to develop.

Sadly, I had never heard of Benjamin Burombo before I saw your conment. I had to look up his history just now. Thank you.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by koladata(m): 5:11am On Mar 11, 2020
Exactly my brother, the airline has done what government was meant to do, some even said why can't they stop flight going to usa, what's nigerian budget for corona virus, coz usa just released a huge budget for corona virus, i can't remember the figure but is billions. if it hits us big like itally, can we contend it? i even believe we already have lots of corona virus in africa / Nigeria, we just don't have the technicalities to confirm it, you might start hearing people die of fever soon, i don't pray for such though.
PAGAN9JA:
“Each time I want to fight for African rights, I use only one hand — because the other hand is busy trying to keep away Africans who are fighting me.”

- Benjamin Burombo

The Gods protect us.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Witcher(f): 5:51am On Mar 11, 2020
Vatod:

Are you presently in Istanbul?
no
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by sindan: 6:22am On Mar 11, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

- Benjamin Burombo

The Gods protect us.

Well put.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:53am On Mar 11, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

This statement of his should be gilded on the cover of every African nation's constitution and embedded on every African social media forum. Africans need guidance on loyalty, unity and patriotism in order to develop.

Sadly, I had never heard of Benjamin Burombo before I saw your conment. I had to look up his history just now. Thank you.

Without a return to Traditional Pagan Religion there can never be Nationalism in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by hardbody: 7:50am On Mar 11, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
worst time to date or be married to a pilot, or air hostess

Your thinking though....i am still dating an air hostess....
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Dextre(m): 7:53am On Mar 11, 2020
Gracealone:
Good riddance!

I travelled by Turkish Airlines to Amsterdam for a conference in 2015. We were stuck for 19 hours in the return journey at Istanbul airport without any arrangement for us by the airline, even as little as a bottle of water, nothing!

These Turkish guys do not have Nigerians in appreciable esteem. And imagine the way they tortured and detained Nigerian students during their phantom coup.

Na you no sabi ur way...if you get stucked in Istanbul,there is usually a free meal and drink given.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05am On Mar 11, 2020
hardbody:

Your thinking though....i am still dating an air hostess....

Carry on, you are doing well.... wink
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:05am On Mar 11, 2020
Jackmj:

I Think you should go and read again, That's the reason they suspended flights to prevent further spreading of the virus

You should read my comment very well my dear
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 11, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

Without a return to Traditional Pagan Religion there can never be Nationalism in Africa.

Religion has nothing to do with nationalism. It is a mere belief system. Just as my belief that Toyota has a better all round performance than Innoson does not mean that I am not a nationalist.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by whytepawn1(m): 8:32am On Mar 11, 2020
Oluwasaeon:
Delete humanity already. Mbappe has just been tested for coronavirus today. Closed stadiums, economies going downhill, everything affected. Can't be arsed anymore man. End the world.
Such a vague statement... He tested negative.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by gcof(m): 8:37am On Mar 11, 2020
this is fake news.
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by gcof(m): 8:45am On Mar 11, 2020
voltron14:

Some of us need to get home.
not true. Turkish airline confirmed its flight from Kiev to Abuja on 16th March. This is totally fake news
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:57am On Mar 11, 2020
whytepawn1:

Such a vague statement... He tested negative.
Learn how to read
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by lexxyrule(m): 9:00am On Mar 11, 2020
Meanwhile, Corona virus suspends buhari from living in diaspora
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by PalmW: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2020
fake new. Just checked their website. Nothing like that
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Moikiitos: 10:56am On Mar 11, 2020
ijustdey:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/turkish-airlines-suspends-flights-to-nigeria-over-covid-19.html

Ignorance of a nation. Where other nations are thinking far ahead of time we are going backwards 10 years. How do you expect to find these people with not no proper database of citizens living in Nigeria.

Why this many instances of such should alert any forward thinker... it's the opposite in Nigeria. Aliens would be living among us without security operatives knowing for years... Nigeria una see una sef!
Re: Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 by Etumudonsmart: 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2020
Is alright

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15 Things To Know About The Third-mainland Bridge / Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos) / United Nigeria Airlines To BeginOperation On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.