Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing (468 Views)

COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test / Video As Buhari Receives Briefing On Coronavirus From Health Minister & DG NCDC / Falomo: I Used Abiola's Money To Send The Health Minister To School Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing by SocialFinance: 4:17am On Mar 11, 2020
Health minister and Conservative MP Nadine Dorries says she has been diagnosed with coronavirus.
Ms Dorries, the first MP to test positive, said she had taken all the advised precautions after finding out, and had been self-isolating at home.
It comes as a sixth person died from the virus in the UK, which has a total of 382 cases.
The latest person to die was a man in his early 80s who had underlying health conditions.
Meanwhile, NHS England said it was
scaling up its capacity for testing people for the infection, with the number of cases set to rise.
That will mean 10,000 tests a day can be done - currently 1,500 are being carried out.
Confirmation of any positive test results will also be accelerated with most people getting a result back within 24 hours.
Ms Dorries, the MP for Mid Bedfordshire, said in a statement that Public Health England had started tracing people she had had contact with, and the department and her parliamentary office were closely following its advice.
The 62-year-old, who began her career as a nurse, later tweeted that it had been " pretty rubbish but I hope I'm over the worst of it now ".
But she added she was worried about her 84-year-old mother who was staying with her and began to cough on Tuesday.
It is not known how many meetings Ms Dorries had attended at Westminster or in her constituency in recent days.
The Department of Health said she first showed symptoms on Thursday - the same day she attended a Downing Street event hosted by the prime minister - and had been self-isolating since Friday.
No 10 did not comment on whether Boris Johnson had undergone testing, or whether he will now be tested.
All health ministers, including Health Secretary Matt Hancock, are to undergo testing for the virus, along with other officials who have come into contact with Ms Dorries.
Mr Hancock tweeted that she had "done the right thing" by self-isolating at home and wished "her well as she recovers".
He added: "I understand why people are worried about this disease. We will do all we can to keep people safe, based on the best possible science."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51827356?iorg_service_id_internal=624173547714020%3BAfrJFwrFwFqgpvMS
Re: CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing by kayusely70(m): 4:21am On Mar 11, 2020
The disease has no respect
Re: CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing by LuciusX: 4:29am On Mar 11, 2020
I wish Borris Johnson a long and painful death. May other men raise his child. Nema!
Re: CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing by SocialFinance: 4:29am On Mar 11, 2020
kayusely70:
The disease has no respect
I'm just imagining what will happen if Trump or Boris Johnson tested positive.
It appears Nigeria is managing it better. No death and only 2 cases so far

2 Likes

Re: CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing by SocialFinance: 4:31am On Mar 11, 2020
LuciusX:
I wish Borris Johnson a long and painful death. May other men raise his child. Nema!

Why now, the guy snatch your wife or he deported you from UK?
Re: CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing by OgbeniOja1: 4:33am On Mar 11, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing by LuciusX: 4:40am On Mar 11, 2020
SocialFinance:

Why now, the guy snatch your wife or he deported you from UK?
He's racist and stupid. I prefer the opposing Labour guy, whatsizname. The guy is atleast more sensible than the UK parliament and pro-monarchists all put together.
Re: CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 4:46am On Mar 11, 2020
Good riddance
Hope more conservatives catch the virus
Re: CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing by onlinetrading96(m): 4:50am On Mar 11, 2020
Dm fior Europe wears shirt trousers jeans and chinos
Pant trousers as low as 1500 payment on delivery within Lagos .click profile for contact Nationwide delivery available all sizes
Re: CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing by chozzy: 4:56am On Mar 11, 2020
LuciusX:

When you point a finger at someone, remember the other four are
pointing back at you

Re: CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing by Iyiataata92: 4:57am On Mar 11, 2020
To those who still believe this is a biological weapon, I can now certainly comfirm that you guys are wrong
To those who say this virus was sent by God and it will have no cure, you already know that Lagos Governmen SAID that they've CURED the Italian man
Heal The World Oh Lord
Re: CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing by Iyiataata92: 4:59am On Mar 11, 2020
onlinetrading96:
Dm fior Europe wears shirt trousers jeans and chinos
Pant trousers as low as 1500 payment on delivery within Lagos .click profile for contact Nationwide delivery available all sizes
Any trouser from Europe now is a possible carrier of coronavirus. Suspend it first
Re: CORONAVIRUS: UK Health Minister Tested Positive. PM May Undergo Testing by Mynd44: 5:34am On Mar 11, 2020

(1)

BREAKING: I Tested Positive For Coronavirus, Says Immigration Boss, Babandede / Oil Price Crash: Nigerian Lawmakers Are Still The Highest Paid In The World / Why Are Nigerians So Selfish.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.