Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,543 members, 7,861,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:44 PM

Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service (16017 Views)

Folashade Yemi-Esan: I Get Threat Messages Over Recruitment / ASUU, NMA Not Recognised Labour Unions - Folashade Yemi-Esan / Buhari Sacks Winifred Oyo-Ita, Appoints Folashade Yemi-Esan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by doctuw(m): 7:28am On Mar 11, 2020
Must everyone have entrepreneur mindset?
Mrdecent:
Civil service...

If you are not corrupt, you can't be wealthy as a civil servant.

Most civil servants doesn't have entrepreneurship mindset. They have loan mindset. They take loan before they can do anything.

They only change from manual to digital
Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by tete7000(m): 7:30am On Mar 11, 2020
Witcher:
What's this... This unnecessary, Most of the civil service in Nigeria are poverty alleviation scheme
Anyways
I do not particularly like the word 'work.' Human beings are the only animals who have to work, and I think that is the most ridiculous thing in the world. Other animals make their livings by living, but people work like crazy, thinking that they have to in order to stay alive. The bigger the job, the greater the challenge, the more wonderful they think it is. It would be good to give up that way of thinking and live an easy, comfortable life with plenty of free time. I think that the way animals live in the tropics, stepping outside in the morning and evening to see if there is something to eat, and taking a long nap in the afternoon, must be a wonderful life. For human beings, a life of such simplicity would be possible if one worked to produce directly his daily necessities. In such a life, work is not work as people generally think of it, but simply doing what needs to be done.

You sound so confused... Your only one desire is to live an hedonistic life..
Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by LeopardX: 7:33am On Mar 11, 2020
Witcher:
What's this... This unnecessary, Most of the civil service in Nigeria are poverty alleviation scheme
Anyways
I do not particularly like the word 'work.' Human beings are the only animals who have to work, and I think that is the most ridiculous thing in the world. Other animals make their livings by living, but people work like crazy, thinking that they have to in order to stay alive. The bigger the job, the greater the challenge, the more wonderful they think it is. It would be good to give up that way of thinking and live an easy, comfortable life with plenty of free time. I think that the way animals live in the tropics, stepping outside in the morning and evening to see if there is something to eat, and taking a long nap in the afternoon, must be a wonderful life. For human beings, a life of such simplicity would be possible if one worked to produce directly his daily necessities. In such a life, work is not work as people generally think of it, but simply doing what needs to be done.
Nice post.
Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by LordIsaac(m): 7:33am On Mar 11, 2020
Witcher:
Anyways
This is a high order reasoning that can only be understood by a few... And not really in this part of the world as we are motivated by greed, pride and wickedness.

2 Likes

Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by lastmessenger: 7:43am On Mar 11, 2020
Witcher:
Anyways
typical of a notherner. Lazy and waiting for free meal.quota system kee you dia
Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by fabienjoe: 7:45am On Mar 11, 2020
Witcher:
Anyways
Can such laissez faire approach to life bring any meaningful progress to mankind? Think of the internet and keypad that made your thoughts accessible to others..It wouldn't have been possible if we lived by the day with no thoughts about the future like animals do..

2 Likes

Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by lakesider(m): 7:46am On Mar 11, 2020
ncha373:
If you get small moni for bank brother abeg use am go buy dollar...naira go fall soon

Imagine,!!!!
Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by nwakibie3(m): 8:13am On Mar 11, 2020
Witcher:
Anyways

Abok1 lifestyle you mean

1 Like

Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by ivili(m): 8:33am On Mar 11, 2020
Witcher:
Anyways
How wonderful to hear people think this way.We have been programmed to think the way we do so for those that think differently,have evolved.
Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by Witcher(f): 8:36am On Mar 11, 2020
ivili:
How wonderful to hear people think this way.We have been programmed to think the way we do so for those that think differently,have evolved.
Yep we're just like machines. A habit is a redundant set of automatic, unconscious thoughts, behaviours and emotions that’s acquired through repetition.

A habit is when you’ve done something so many times that your body now knows how to do it better than your mind.

If you think about it, people wake up in the morning, they begin to think about their problems, those problems are circuits, memories in the brain. Each one of those memories are connected to people
and things at certain times and places and if the brain is a record of the past, the moment they start their day they’re already thinking in the past.
Most people
They get out of the bed on the same side, they go to the toilet, they get a cup of coffee, they take a shower, they get dressed, they drive to work the same way, they do the same things, they see the same people, they push the same emotional buttons and that becomes the routine and it becomes like a program.

So now they lost their free will to a program and there’s no unseen hand doing it to them.

1 Like

Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by mu2sa2: 8:39am On Mar 11, 2020
Initial gra-gra.
Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by sparko1(m): 9:21am On Mar 11, 2020
Witcher:
Anyways
Unfortunately, we have passed the stage, it can only get worse from here on out.
Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by EagleSquare1(m): 11:12am On Mar 11, 2020
The HOS is on point on this matter.
Annual performance evaluation has so far mostly been an exercise merely to fulfill the books.
We look forward to when performance will truly be evaluated and the reward system activated.
The carrot and stick principle should be upheld, whilst also focusing a lot on capacity building and personnel reform programmes.

Way to go Dr. Yemi-Esan

ProsperChild:

https://punchng.com/fg-to-ditch-annual-evaluation-in-civil-service/
Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by ivili(m): 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
Witcher:
Yep we're just like machines. A habit is a redundant set of automatic, unconscious thoughts, behaviours and emotions that’s acquired through repetition.

A habit is when you’ve done something so many times that your body now knows how to do it better than your mind.

If you think about it, people wake up in the morning, they begin to think about their problems, those problems are circuits, memories in the brain. Each one of those memories are connected to people
and things at certain times and places and if the brain is a record of the past, the moment they start their day they’re already thinking in the past.
Most people
They get out of the bed on the same side, they go to the toilet, they get a cup of coffee, they take a shower, they get dressed, they drive to work the same way, they do the same things, they see the same people, they push the same emotional buttons and that becomes the routine and it becomes like a program.

So now they lost their free will to a program and there’s no unseen hand doing it to them.
WHO ARE YOU?WHY DO YOU THINK THIS WAY?WHERE DID YOU GROW UP?IT'S LIKE I'VE JUST FOUND A UNICORN. That mind of your is something wonderful,beautiful.
Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by Legendguru: 1:36pm On Mar 11, 2020
smiley
Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2020
Crueless mumu. Where is the new one before capping the old.
Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by GODZY007(m): 4:31pm On Mar 11, 2020
Good idea
Re: Folashade Yemi-Esan: FG To Ditch Annual Evaluation In Civil Service by PropertyBuying(f): 7:47am On Mar 13, 2020
Stalwert:
That will go a long way in addressing the indolence in the service.
Really, we need to start making things work in Nigeria. We should eschew nepotism, corruption and mediocre any pact more impact on the values that keeps driving us. Then only will different systems start working in the country.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zamfara Bandits Abduct 35, Kill 10 After Pocketing ₦15m Peace Levy / Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? / 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.