Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? (15920 Views)

Caption This Picture Of Boy In Bayelsa Creeks After Yesterday's Polls / Ateke Tom To Buhari: Treat Anyone Who Returns To The Creeks As A Common Criminal / War Is Coming Back To The Creeks Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 9:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
I am just asking, because it is fashionable these days for folk who are demonstrably and inarguably Lagosian to tell people to "go back to the creeks."
If that happens in the politics section of Nigeria's most active website (NL), then I fear for the levels of ignorance (political and geographic) on the streets.

Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by aljharem(m): 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2012
Yes there are,
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Standing5(m): 10:34pm On Mar 07, 2012
Do people in Lagos' creek cry of marginalization from the FG? The answer is no, that's the reason people hardly hear about creeks in Lagos.
Beaf, u sound confused here. . .haba!
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 10:45pm On Mar 07, 2012
Standing5:

Do people in Lagos' creek cry of marginalization from the FG? The answer is no,  that's the reason people hardly hear about creeks in Lagos.

So, in your case, when people cry about marginalisation, your instinct is to behave like a beast or slave master? Curious!
It is unfortunate that such bestial instincts make you forget geography 101.

I would love to hear from others.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by aljharem(m): 10:49pm On Mar 07, 2012
Beaf:

So, in your case, when people cry about marginalisation, your instinct is to behave like a beast or slave master? Curious!
It is unfortunate that such bestial instincts make you forget geography 101.

I would love to hear from others.

It was MEND that first describe there places of hiding as Creeks so what is the problem here ?

If you say you are du.mb and I call you du.mb are you going to be angry at me ?
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 10:53pm On Mar 07, 2012
alj harem:

It was MEND that first describe there places of hiding as Creeks so what is the problem here ?

If you say you are du.mb and I call you du.mb are you going to be angry at me ?

You sound like a fool (and its fools this thread aims to school and teach).
Does the presence of creeks in the ND obviate the obvious fact that there are creeks and swamps in Lagos?
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by aljharem(m): 10:56pm On Mar 07, 2012
Beaf:

You sound like a fool (and its fools this thread aims to school and teach).
Does the presence of creeks in the ND obviate the obvious fact that there are creeks and swamps in Lagos?

You are making no sense, this is what you said

Beaf:

I am just asking, because it is fashionable these days for folk who are demonstrably and inarguably Lagosian to tell people to "go back to the creeks."
If that happens in the politics section of Nigeria's most active website (NL), then I fear for the levels of ignorance (political and geographic) on the streets.

and I said this

alj harem:

Yes there are,
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by bashr8: 11:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
Standing5:

Do people in Lagos' creek cry of marginalization from the FG? The answer is no, that's the reason people hardly hear about creeks in Lagos.

you obviously smoked something before typing this, the question is why is their own voice not heard at the federal level like that of the niger deltans .
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Mojibola(m): 12:24am On Mar 08, 2012
Sometimes i wonder why the poster has so much hatred for Lagos, or am i missing something here?
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 12:59am On Mar 08, 2012
Mojibola:

Sometimes i wonder why the poster has so much hatred for Lagos, or am i missing something here?

Maybe your id!icy.
Please try to answer the questions asked, or waka pass if you have no clue. This thread is about rectifying the ballooning ignorance that's evident with many (like yourself, judging by your stup!d response).
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 1:05am On Mar 08, 2012
wassup, creek rascal? grin
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Mojibola(m): 1:08am On Mar 08, 2012
@Beaf
It's so obvious you are not in the right shape of mind. If at all i didnt answer your rather inconsequential question, should you use abusive words to challenge me? i feel so much pity for you cos you seem deranged.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Mojibola(m): 1:12am On Mar 08, 2012
and as for your question, if you indeed could waste your time looking for pictures just to justify your stewpeed hatred for lag, if the pictures are real, do you have to come here and ask everyone?. IMHO it is not so bright!
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by dayokanu(m): 1:14am On Mar 08, 2012
Then tell ppl from lagos too to go back to their creek abi why all these whining
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 1:52am On Mar 08, 2012
Mojibola:

and as for your question, if you indeed could waste your time looking for pictures just to justify your stewpeed hatred for lag, if the pictures are real, do you have to come here and ask everyone?. IMHO it is not so bright!

Dude, you are daft. If I had wanted to insult Lagos, don't you think there are pics of Makako, Idimi, Ijora Badia etc? Just look at the swamps and creeks in the pics and stop making up id!ots tales of "hatred."
At least a fool like you has learnt one new thing today; Lagos sits in creeks and swamps just like the ND. It is a pity you are just realising it.

Please take it manfully, some of us are here to cure ignorance; we are here to teach, teach, teach the rocks, stones and gutter brethren parading the place.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by aljharem(m): 1:58am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, you are daft. If I had wanted to insult Lagos, don't you think there are pics of Makako, Idimi, Ijora Badia etc? Just look at the swamps and creeks in the pics and stop making up id!ots tales of "hatred."
At least a fool like you has learnt one new thing today; Lagos sits in creeks and swamps just like the ND. It is a pity you are just realising it.

Please take it manfully, some of us are here to cure ignorance; to teach, teach, teach the rocks and stones parading the place.

If you know that, then what are you complaining about ?

Those in the creeks of lagos know themselves, so what is your complain about ?
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 1:59am On Mar 08, 2012
beaf, #occupyyourcreek cool
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by aljharem(m): 2:00am On Mar 08, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

beaf, #occupyyourcreek cool

Abi !!!!

the man get problem.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 2:03am On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem:

If you know that, then what are you complaining about ?

Those in the creeks of lagos know themselves, so what is your complain about ?

Unfortunately, you are from somewhere in the Sahel. Or does your Borno state now have swamps and creeks too?
Mind your business.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 2:04am On Mar 08, 2012
alhj, no mind am.  look in the third picture . . .see that woman with pikin?  all three pictures are rivers or bayelsa pictures hin bring to portray as Lagos.  To do magic he don insert Fashola for one of them.   That woman, no be Delta people dress like that?   These are beaf people dem. . . .

beaf, #occupyyourcreek dude!  cheesy
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 2:07am On Mar 08, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

alhj, no mind am.  look in the third picture . . .see that woman with pikin?  all three pictures are rivers or bayelsa pictures hin bring to portray as Lagos.  To do magic he don insert Fashola for one of them.   That woman, no be Delta people dress like that?   These are beaf people dem. . . .

beaf, #occupyyourcreek dude!  cheesy

This is why this thread is to school fools like you.
All you need do is right click the pics and check where they are from. If you were clever, you would also know how to drag pics into google, but then, you are stup!d as a plank.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Osiris212(f): 2:12am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf  you and your thousand Ibo brothers combined can never do anything to SW. We are above gods!

Lagos is SW and there nothing all of you hypocrites can do about that, even when you keep on hammering the name"Lagos" alone to make look like its not part of SW.

LAGOS is state in South West even if you die a zillion times, the fact still remain! Don't over stepped your NL's limits cos am watching you with my missiles armed and pointed eastward!!! I like it bloody.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 2:18am On Mar 08, 2012
^
I didn't ask SW. I asked Lagos.
You are like one of those LASTMA officials with an IQ of 2.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Osiris212(f): 2:21am On Mar 08, 2012
You are a fool! Keep displaying you Iboness. Ewu!

Beaf:

^
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by aljharem(m): 2:21am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

^

I am a lagosian, so what is wrong with Lagos ?
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 2:38am On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem:

I am a lagosian, so what is wrong with Lagos ?

Sharrrrrap! You are from Borno state, you know more about sand than freshwater creeks.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 3:25am On Mar 08, 2012
boy, go and sityo a/s/s down! opening foolish topics left and right for traffic.

hey all, beaf is using creek pictures from his homeland to lie on Lagos. See his sister standing there in the slum. Does that look like Yoruba woman to you? grin

#occupyyourcreek grin
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 3:33am On Mar 08, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

boy, go and sityo a/s/s down!   opening foolish topics left and right for traffic. 

hey all, beaf is using creek pictures from his homeland to lie on Lagos.  See his sister standing there in the slum.  Does that look like Yoruba woman to you?  grin

#occupyyourcreek   grin

Fools like you should go defend the pic here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-883353.0.html#msg10353422

This thread is for Lagosians not for your low self esteemed pretender type from zoo's and caves in unknown places who want to pop out of tree branches to claim Lagos.
I don't go around claiming I'm from New York or Sokoto, its a useful trick for you to learn.

The simple question is: does Lagos have creeks and swamps? I wonder why that is so difficult for the ignorant to give an honest answer to.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by lagcity(m): 3:44am On Mar 08, 2012
Stop playing dumb, Beaf. Lagos does have creeks but Native Lagosians don't feel at home in the creeks, unlike some natives of ND. Stop singling out Lagosians, other Nigerians also think ND when creeks are mentioned.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 3:57am On Mar 08, 2012
lagcity:

Stop playing dumb, Beaf. Lagos does have creeks but Native Lagosians don't feel at home in the creeks, unlike some natives of ND. Stop singling out Lagosians, other Nigerians also think ND when creeks are mentioned.

First of all, thanks for admitting the bolded.
Secondly, I am not singling out Lagosians; few other parts of Nigeria are swampland and many Lagosians do not even know that they are creek and swamp dwellers as much or even more than the average ND person (at this point, refer to the reason for the article). yet, it is quite obvious that the entire Lagos is swampland that is crisscrossed with creek upon creek.
Lastly, you obviously have no knowledge of who the native Lagosians are; otherwise you would understand that places like Iddo, Isale Eko etc are embedded in creeks and swamps. Maybe the people of swampy Ikorodu ain't native Lagosians too abi?
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by HighChief4(m): 4:00am On Mar 08, 2012
I dey laugh oh.

Ofemmanus will stop at nothing to claim Lagos grin grin grin
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 4:14am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf,

Lagos has water and riverine areas. . . not ND type swapms and creeks as your pictures show. See below for Lagos waterways.

Lagosians, #occupyyourlagoon

Beaf, #occupyyourcreek

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘There Won’t Be Outside Influence’ — CJN Speaks On Supreme Court ‘VAT Panel’ / Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) / Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.