Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,008 members, 7,953,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:09 AM

My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age (19596 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? / My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 5:06pm On Dec 23, 2010
It depends on what matters to the other person.

He has stated that age is a big thing to him.

If she finds out that the man wasnt sexually experienced like he claimed to be, She too might voice out
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by invisible2(m): 10:59pm On Dec 23, 2010
dayokanu:

It depends on what matters to the other person.

He has stated that age is a big thing to him.

If she finds out that the man wasnt sexually experienced like he claimed to be, She too might voice out

Good point, or if she finds out the guy is lean on the purse than she was made to believe, she should also file for divorce. Nigerian girls lie about age, their men lie about their bank balance.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Wumine(f): 11:18pm On Dec 23, 2010
uhmmm! This happens everyday. I know a gal who actually lied about her age, educational qualification, family background and what have you, to her husband. He believed her as they met in church only to find out after some time that she was just a living lie!Well am not saying its good but maybe she lied cos u made age an issue and at that age, of course she will be desperate to hook sumone. But if you really love her, find it in your heart to forgive her cos am telling you worse things happen in marriage. Age to me is a thing of the mind and shouldnt have anything to do with love but i guess our society doesnt see it that way. Good luck in whatever decision you make
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2010
@op , you've been PUNKED,
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by denzel2009: 7:10am On Dec 24, 2010
Bro Faraday, it's For better For worse,and this is the worse part. You should be happy you got that first,just brace yourself cos your better is yet to come.

You actually fell in love with her not her age,so accept this as the cross you are destined to carry. If you think you can go and get Uni girls that you think are younger,you'd be surprised.

Who told you she can't get pregnant at 36? Please give your wife some good loving and improvise with styles.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Xfactoria: 11:34am On Dec 24, 2010
denzel2009:

Bro Faraday, it's For better For worse,and this is the worse part. You should be happy you got that first,just brace yourself cos your better is yet to come.

You actually fell in love with her not her age,so accept this as the cross you are destined to carry. If you think you can go and get Uni girls that you think are younger,you'd be surprised.

Who told you she can't get pregnant at 36? Please give your wife some good loving and improvise with styles.

Which for better for worse?

@ OP:

If you want out of the marriage, abeg see a lawyer fast with an evidence of her true age. There is what is called dissolution. It is different from divorce and it will be like you never got married in the first place. The court can declare the marriage null and void if you are able to establish the fact that it was based on false pretence.

A lawyer will explain better to you.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by zilosxp(m): 11:43am On Dec 24, 2010
filani:

@ chaircover
pls  explain more on the above bolded for the sake of us single men that wish to avoid this trap in prospective partners seeing as MOST ladies can be very convincing liars when they CHOOSE to be?

Get close enough to her family members simple!
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by SisiKill1: 11:48am On Dec 24, 2010
I honestly don't get this sticking to something because "the devil you know, is better than the one you don't" What kinda sense does that makes? Maybe the next woman will be the best thing since slice bread and all he's doing is staying with a devil he knows when he could be with an angel.

She lied to him. It wasn't by omission, she lied out rightly. He asked her about her age, made it know that age was a big deal to him and she lied. That's a big no no! For those saying he should have dug deeper, I get where you are coming from but come on. . .we can't blame him for trusting her. If he can't take her at her words for something as simpe as her age, what's the point of being in a relationship with her?

He trusted her and she abused it. He has every right to rethink the relationship/marriage.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by fm7070: 11:50am On Dec 24, 2010
@poster
If i were to advice you as a brother.
Lies about age is not enough reason why you should opt for divorce.
I can only implore you to examine her closely and see if you will discover something else about her, most especially about her past.
Sometimes, ladies cook up stories when they are running out of time.
36 is not bad if her past is OK and her body is still intact. And also, when there is money. Cos money answers all things
Brother, there are so much worse things ladies could do than this, weigh her in terms of her goods and bads. so accept her and continue life.
Let her know you hate lies and you wouldn't tolerate any more lies again.
She will get pregnant and give you babies soon.  Infact, anxiety about getting pregnant can delay her conception. You guys should just relax and have fun.
, it is well with you and your family in Jesus name
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by strangest(m): 11:56am On Dec 24, 2010
Good storyline for HINTS MAGAZINE or NIGERIAN HOME MOVIE, grin
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Guyman02: 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2010
fm7070:

@poster
If i were to advice you as a brother.
Lies about age is not enough reason why you should opt for divorce.
I can only implore you to examine her closely and see if you will discover something else about her, most especially about her past.
Sometimes, ladies cook up stories when they are running out of time.
36 is not bad if her past is OK and her body is still intact. And also, when there is money. Cos money answers all things
Brother, there are so much worse things ladies could do than this, weigh her in terms of her goods and bads. so accept her and continue life.
Let her know you hate lies and you wouldn't tolerate any more lies again.
She will get pregnant and give you babies soon.  Infact, anxiety about getting pregnant can delay her conception. You guys should just relax and have fun., it is well with you and your family in Jesus name

Nna meen you too much. You must be a counsellor? I like the bolded.
Age is nothing but numbers; I think she loves you and was afraid of loosing you.
Take time to study her circle and ovulation period; anyday she tells you that she is feeling sick and have headache dont pity her check to see if that is her ovulation day (if you sabi) then make quality love to her and pour in everything and let her remain there for sometime with her buttocks placed on a pillow to ensure that the fast swimming sperm cells hit the eggs in her uterus. Gbam! she go get belle and give you plenty pikins and sidren.
Goodluck! but not jonathan

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by aydoth(m): 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2010
@faraday62, No need to worry. I heard the russians has created one machine that does addition and subtraction of age. But one problem is that ,once its subtracting from someone, somebody must be on ground to receive it, if not the machine will be destroyed(russia ll not like this). Anyway I dont see it as problem since you ll be able to receive excess years from ur wife(hope ur wife is not stingy). mathematically
35-(3)=32 (wife)
33+(3)=36 (husband)
You see, this ll go along way to push you ahead. you can even increase the range if you like. try 4,5,6,
Remain blessed.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2010
Guyman02:

Age is nothing but numbers; I think she loves you and was afraid of loosing you.
Take time to study her circle and ovulation period; anyday she tells you that she is feeling sick and have headache dont pity her check to see if that is her ovulation day (if you sabi) then make quality love to her and pour in everything and let her remain there for sometime with her buttocks placed on a pillow to ensure that the fast swimming spermatozoa cells hit the eggs in her uterus. Gbam! she go get belle and give you plenty pikins and sidren.
CHAI! CHINEKEMOOOOO!
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by tunyus(m): 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2010
She uses her FOOTBALL AGE to deceive you into the marriage.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by snowdrops(m): 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2010
Guyman02:

Take time to study her circle and ovulation period; anyday she tells you that she is feeling sick and have headache dont pity her check to see if that is her ovulation day (if you sabi) then make quality love to her and pour in everything and let her remain there for sometime with her buttocks placed on a pillow to ensure that the fast swimming spermatozoa cells hit the eggs in her uterus. Gbam! she go get belle and give you plenty pikins and sidren.

An easier way would be to bang the woman day and night consistently for at least 3 months. Make hot love at least 3 times a day, 5 days a week. Man she would become pregnant.

As for the lie, poster needs to look at the bigger picture. Is she also a liar in other aspects of her life? If not, carry go.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by bidemi12(m): 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2010
and so? what has age gotta do with it? how does her age change the way you feel about her? or are you looking for excuses?
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by aydoth(m): 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2010
@poster, you know why i asked if ur wife is not stingy?. it is because the machine loves a cheerful giver i.e giving from the heart not grugingly. because if the machine should detect any thing, make ur case no dey like xiu han (with a similar problem like urs, but instead of the machine adding 2, deducted from the wife it raised it to power of 2 i.e 31^2=961, he was older than metusellah when he came out of the machine, just because the wife did not give out the 2 yrs cheerfully). And now u want to try higher numbers. so ask your wife make e no be say u go turn to dust eg (33^3= cal urself) yrs.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by roymary: 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2010
Well, too bad you never knew women lie big time. Statistically, older women lie about their age. Even my kid sister at 22 would tell you she's 25 simply because she wants to be seen as more matured than she is. 60% of the entire women I've met lied about their age.
Seriously, the poor lady just wanted to get married and knew you might be turned off with the age thing. Yes, you should be mad at this point but Hey, what if she never told you because many others will keep that lil secret forever if possible.

I found out you shouldn't expect perfection from anybody, concentrate more on their good traits and pay less attention to their flaws. There are worst women out there, yours only lied about her age.

Nuffin Spoil.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by idmoore(m): 12:43pm On Dec 24, 2010
@chaircover u did it all, since age was d critical factor b4 d poster need 2 feel dissapointed but d issue here is dat 'r u medical fit ursef to impregnate a woman becos woman at 35 doesnt mean she give birth only dat she might probably go 2ru a hard labour or high pregnancy stress.

So please check ursef also 100% fertility if not eventhough u marry a 16 year old girl u mite stil be able to 2 impregnate, but ur wife can be able 2 conceive then no cause 4 alarm if u 2ruly love her, age is jus number what matters most is d love and wht u can sacrifice 4 each other!
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by scottN(m): 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2010
hmmm i think the main aim of d poster's story is really his last line Please folks advise me cos i am currently looking a younger girls still in the university and not d fact that a so called wife lied 2 him.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by maclatunji: 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2010
Oh! This has got to hurt real bad. I suspect that most people who are advising you to accept such  a big betrayal are serial liars/cheaters themselves because if you are not, you will find it hard to swallow.

X-factoria:

Which for better for worse?

@ OP:

If you want out of the marriage, abeg see a lawyer fast with an evidence of her true age. There is what is called dissolution. It is different from divorce and it will be like you never got married in the first place. The court can declare the marriage null and void if you are able to establish the fact that it was based on false pretence.

A lawyer will explain better to you.

Classic! I would venture to add that if she shows signs of being truly sorry and does not give you other reasons to suspect her faithfulness to you, You migth want to think carefully about the pros and cons of a separation. Personally, from what you just wrote, I think she relly loves you, but made what may become a costly error to your relationship.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by SisiKill1: 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2010
He is disgusted by her, how can he get her pregnant when she disgusts him?
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Shoolar(m): 1:04pm On Dec 24, 2010
There is nothing u can do about dat coz two of u did not show each other ur 'birth certificate' n dats d evidence. So u'll accept ur faith. èni jin si kòtò, o kó ará yókù lógbón!
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by justwise(m): 1:13pm On Dec 24, 2010
@Op,

You got every right to be angry cos she lied to u but how are u sure that the problem of not conceiving is hers?

Have you checked urself or u blamed everything on her age?
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by donklintyn: 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2010
My Dear Friend,

One thing you have to know in life is that, Love is not all about Age, Colour, tribe or the way the person looks like, The most important thing is that there's true love in the marriage and trust,Belive and truthfull. My advice to you is this: Do not break up with her because, She love's you that is the reason why she even get married to you when she know she is older than you, the same reason make's her to confess to you because he wants you to know the truth. Do not break up with her, Life is all about experience.  
My Name is: Klintyn.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by andyanders: 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2010
HANG IN THERE
LISTEN THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH HER AGE. IF SHE HAS CONFSEESED TO YOU TAKE YOUR POBLEM TO GOD. HE GIVES CHILDREN AND NOT AGE. GOD DON NOT LOOK AT AGE. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT SHE CONFESSED TO YOU. DO NOT  I REPEAT THROWING HER OUT. IF YOU GO FOR ANOTHER LADY EVN 16YRS SHE CANNOT GIVE YOU A CHILD. YOU DO NOT KNOW ME. I SEE YOU GETTING A CHILD BUT SEEK THE FACE OF GOD AND LOVE YOUR WIFE. YOU CAN GO TO SCOAN FOR DELIVERANCE AND I RPOMISE YOU THAT GOD WILL GIVE YOU A CHILD. NOTE AGE IS NOT THE PROBLEM. DONT ALLOW DEVIL DESTROY YOUR HOME. THAT AGE DIFFERENCE IS NOTHING IN THE FACE OF GOD. GOODLUCK.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by rebranded(m): 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2010
Lol. .confirm from her if there are other things u need to know

if its only the age. .u might need to forgive and understand her reasons. .God be with u!
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by samtoye(m): 1:55pm On Dec 24, 2010
Yes she lied but that isnt fundamental to your marriage. Let him who has no sin cast the first stone. Please stop trying to look for excuse to cheat on your wife, be man enough to tell her to her face that you tired of the marriage or that you only signed for "for good for stay, for worse for run".
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by question(m): 2:13pm On Dec 24, 2010
Shoolar:

There is nothing u can do about dat coz two of u did not show each other your 'birth certificate' n dats d evidence. So u'll accept your faith. èni jin si kòtò, o kó ará yókù lógbón!
Birth certificate can be forged or altered. They will obtain affidavit from court to cover their lies.
I know a girl that changed her date of birth using an affidavit. She also forged her dad's signature to get the affidavit. This was 10years ago and the dad still does not know that the daughter has removed 2 years from her age.

I wonder why ladies lie about their age.
What happenend to "HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY"
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by PStacks(m): 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2010
This nairaland sef,
some of this stories are lies.
i wonder how you find it comfortable to discuss such matters on this forum if they trulu are sensitive as you claim.
peace out.
you have morale, spiritual, legal, and all rights to do what you want. a union based on lies would implode in itself ok.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by tEsLim(m): 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2010
I think poster is a lame liar but anyways; nothing you can do about it , the age difference isn't much. Mine is more cheesy and i felt very bad when I discovered sad but it was too late already had first child in progress. Well maybe guys should start asking Birth Certs if its that important
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Basildon1(m): 3:00pm On Dec 24, 2010
Bounce her double quick!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Life Saving Tips For Running A Generator At Home / Married Or Not… You Should Read This: / Why Ladies Refuse To Build With Guys !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.