Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:09 AM

Why Aren't There More Civil War Monuments? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Aren't There More Civil War Monuments? (1571 Views)

Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) / No More Civil Security Again Ooooh � / Ihedioha Begins Demolition Of Monuments Built By Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Aren't There More Civil War Monuments? by budaatum: 10:35pm On Mar 13, 2020
Blue3k:
Bianca ojukwu was quoted saying Igbo leaders aren't honored well. I agree with her sentiment especially on civil war. She should tell her state and local governments to do do little stuff. Name a school afte some of people. The FG done some stuff like conplete Zik's Mausoleum.
I'm so sorry Igbo people, but if this is true, if Igbo really have not done what Blue3k suggested, then you don't.... you will never be Biafra!

Do you know that name is older than Nigeria? That in fact, if you had brain you'd be asking for a name change to it?

See it on a map of 1770.

I don't have eyes so anyone who does could pin for me pls, some say, if you do have eye you'd even see it on this one by Abraham Orteliu in 1548! I've had to place it at end.

If I was, we'd be naming our heros in even Lagos, Abuja, and Kano too if just to make a point, but then, if only you'd not been hasty and been patient instead. And if only you'd now take advantage in a nation that is refusing to educate its people!

Blue, I'm sure they done all this already! Igbos smart like that, no?

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't There More Civil War Monuments? by mana123: 8:33am On Mar 14, 2020
Blue3k:
Bianca ojukwu was quoted saying Igbo leaders aren't honored well. I agree with her sentiment especially on civil war. She should tell her state and local governments to do do little stuff. Name a school afte some of people. The FG done some stuff like conplete Zik's Mausoleum.

It is sad that most igbos are just interested in accumulating money and wealth, and don’t even care much about those who sacrificed much for them. That’s why they teach their children about making money but not their history. Those children grow up not knowing whythey are met with an executive wall in this country just because they are igbos. The igbos fail to learn from the Jewish example where they teach their kids about the holocaust suffered at the hands of the Nazis. They think that with money, they are ok but see their life today. In this country. Worse than slavery.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't There More Civil War Monuments? by SciLab: 9:48am On Mar 14, 2020
iammo:
nobody wants to be reminded of his failure, no ibo leader would want to be reminded of the nightmare of 3 million massacre

ibo kids want to here the story badly thinking its filled with heroic adventure, but truly when they get to know, they might suffer from PTSD

Morufu omo Dopemu, they lost the war to world powers like Britain, Russia and UAE.
I rather that than lose to another Semi-African tribe and have emirates on my land.

Your yoruba tribe lost their land, heritage and culture to dirty fulani cattle rearers, the fulani emirates on your yorubaland is a perpertual reminder of that facts and truism. grin
Re: Why Aren't There More Civil War Monuments? by iammo(m): 9:53am On Mar 14, 2020
SciLab:

Morufu omo Dopemu, they lost the war to world powers like Britain, Russia and UAE.
I rather that than lose to another Semi-African tribe and have emirates on my land.

Your yoruba tribe lost their land, heritage and culture to dirty fulani cattle rearers, the fulani emirates on your yorubaland is a perpertual reminder of that facts and truism. grin

why dont you give the phone back to your dad so you can go back to watching your Cartoon Network while logical elders converse on history
Re: Why Aren't There More Civil War Monuments? by SciLab: 9:56am On Mar 14, 2020
iammo:

why dont you give the phone back to your dad so you can go back to watching your Cartoon Network while logical elders converse on history

Morufu Dopemu, how pained are you?

cool
Re: Why Aren't There More Civil War Monuments? by iammo(m): 9:58am On Mar 14, 2020
SciLab:

Morufu Dopemu, how pained are you?

cool

look child stop disturbing my mention, find your peers to roll in the mud with
Re: Why Aren't There More Civil War Monuments? by SciLab: 10:11am On Mar 14, 2020
iammo:

look child stop disturbing my mention, find your peers to roll in the mud with

Se odun re ni? cool
Re: Why Aren't There More Civil War Monuments? by Blue3k(m): 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2020
budaatum:

I'm so sorry Igbo people, but if this is true, if Igbo really have not done what Blue3k suggested, then you don't.... you will never be Biafra!

I dont think much secessionists since they're have no political sway like other secessionists movement. They're only interested in rallying and sit ins, and boycotts. Their strategy only results in politicans who don't care being in power.

mana123:

It is sad that most igbos are just interested in accumulating money and wealth, and don’t even care much about those who sacrificed much for them. That’s why they teach their children about making money but not their history. Those children grow up not knowing why they are met with an executive wall in this country just because they are igbos. The igbos fail to learn from the Jewish example where they teach their kids about the holocaust suffered at the hands of the Nazis. They think that with money, they are ok but see their life today. In this country. Worse than slavery.

They could emulate Jews by teaching history, voting and putting money to work lobbying politicians.
Re: Why Aren't There More Civil War Monuments? by budaatum: 2:42pm On Mar 14, 2020
Blue3k:

I dont think much secessionists since they're have no political sway like other secessionists movement. They're only interested in rallying and sit ins, and boycotts. Their strategy only results in politicans who don't care being in power.
That's not smart at all!

Blue3k:

They could emulate Jews by teaching history, voting and putting money to work lobbying politicians.
All Nigerian tribes should do this. We should be educated.

Perhaps we are being ahead of ourselves, hoping we've evolved further than we actually have. I look at the community seun created here as a stepping stone that has never existed before. Look at us. Not waiting for educators, but taking responsibility to educate ourselves. Anyone know the first two universities in Britain started as talking shops, people arguing like we do?

Once we get past the hatred and bigotry and differences and stand in brotherhood and sisterhood, we just might wake up and arise.

2 Likes

Re: Why Aren't There More Civil War Monuments? by Blue3k(m): 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2020
There's plans of an Asaba massacre memorial. It would be cool if the Organization in question could solicit funds. The state itself should also budget cash for the project.

Mungo Park House is a pre-fabricated wooden structure dating from 1886. It is thought to be the last existing building once owned by the Royal Niger Company. Responsibility for the building was assumed by Nigeria's National Commission on Museums and Monuments in 1997 but without government funding the Commission has been unable to renovate it or develop the project.

For some, building a memorial would be beneficial for people living in the area. As Bird and Ottanelli point out, countries elsewhere in West Africa are discovering the value of cultural heritage. For example, Ghana's active promotion of its world heritage sites has boosted national prestige and brought considerable tourist income.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal Court Hears Oshiomhole’s Appeal Against Suspension on Monday / Buhari’s Chinese Medical Experts: Are Nigerians Guinea Pigs? / Richest States In Nigeria By Human Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.