Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,445 members, 7,954,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:35 AM

Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening (1171 Views)

President Buhari,osinbajo Visited Council Chambers Today / Buhari's Victory Celebration At Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park In Ojota, Lagos / "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by Beaf: 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2010
[size=14pt]Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening —Fawehinmi[/size]
Posted By On December 22, 2010 @ 12:48 pm
By Paul Sanusi

Gani Fawehinmi Chambers has described the recent statement of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, a presidential aspirant on the platform of Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, as frightening and undemocratic.

Mohammed Fawehinmi, head of the chambers, made this assertion in a release made available to P.M.NEWS.

The statement reads: “We have heard of the statement credited to former Vice President and an intending presidential aspirant of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, in person of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

“The statements is frightening because it shows clearly that Alhaji Abubakar is so desperate for power as he is ready to scuttle the 2011 elections if he is not allowed to represent the party based on alleged zoning formula.

“The use of the word ‘violent change’ is not only shameful and regrettable, it indicates his undemocratic attitude.”

The chambers reminded the former vice president that “we are no longer in military regime where force was the order of the day while it called on all Nigerians to ensure that men of such attitude are rejected in our democracy system of government so that the country could attain peace, progress and profitable projection”.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/12/22/atiku%e2%80%99s-statement-is-frightening-%e2%80%94fawehinmi/
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by Beaf: 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2010
The chambers reminded the former vice president that “we are no longer in military regime where force was the order of the day while it called on all Nigerians to ensure that men of such attitude are rejected in our democracy system of government so that the country could attain peace, progress and profitable projection”.

word. cool
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by appletango: 7:37pm On Dec 22, 2010
who?
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2010
“The use of the word ‘violent change’ is not only shameful and regrettable, it indicates his undemocratic attitude.”

Beautiful words cool

If our prospective president could utter such boko-haramish words, then are we not doomed?
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by jason123: 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Beautiful words cool

If our prospective president could utter such boko-haramish words, then are we not doomed?

true talk!!!
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by jaygetta(m): 4:04pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ileke-idi, enu e ti mu ju! Haba, kilode?! Lol
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2010
We need credible guys nt people like Atiku.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by slap1(m): 7:27pm On Dec 23, 2010
ATIKU SHOULD BE REJECTED BY ALL HONOURABLE PEOPLE. THAT GUY HAS TOUTISH TENDENCIES.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by seanet02: 7:38pm On Dec 23, 2010
slap1:

ATIKU SHOULD BE REJECTED BY ALL HONOURABLE PEOPLE. THAT GUY HAS TOUTISH TENDENCIES.
Seconded.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by Beaf: 8:09pm On Dec 23, 2010
I am not desperate about 2011. I have never been desperate about anything at all because if you follow my career you will not find any desperation. If I had been desperate, I would have been President long time ago.

I wouldn’t have stepped down for Abiola in 1992, I wouldn’t have given Obasanjo a chance in 1998, I had the PDP in my hands (like this), I would have taken the nomination in my pocket and I wouldn’t have given him the chance in 2003 when everybody said come and take it over. So, I am not desperate about it, I will wait for the right time, whenever God says is the right time and Nigerians say is the right time. I am not desperate about it. What am I looking for? I have money to eat till I die!

- Atiku

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/obasanjo-corruption-and-i-by-atiku/

Really?
We REJECT you for that in addition to your Boko Haram, terrorist politics. Bushman.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by Kobojunkie: 8:12pm On Dec 23, 2010
slap1:

Is he any different from the other politicians who do not open up about their thuggish tendencies but ensure to apply it to help them remain in power? He belongs in the PDP Party and we ought to tell them to fight their battles without trying to involve the Nigerian people in it.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by blacksta(m): 8:18pm On Dec 23, 2010
One of the biggest issues in a typical Nigerian election credible persons are sidelined. I refuse to settle for the lesser evil. Nigerians deserve much more better.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by slap1(m): 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Is he any different from the other politicians who do not open up about their thuggish tendencies but ensure to apply it to help them remain in power? He belongs in the PDP Party and we ought to tell them to fight their battles without trying to involve the Nigerian people in it.

An Igbo adage says: onye a huru n'ukwu ose ka a na akpo onye oshi ose -- The man that is caught stealing is the one that is labelled a thief (it doesn't matter that thieves are ubiquitous).
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On Dec 23, 2010
slap1:

An Igbo adage says: onye a huru n'ukwu ose ka a na akpo onye oshi ose -- The man that is caught stealing is the one that is labelled a thief (it doesn't matter that thieves are ubiquitous).

See, but you and I know that the real world does not only work that way. I get the adage but a wise person will also note that the most evil are not necessarily just the ones who scream loudest of their evil. Atiku is just one of the touts in the group. That he is vocal about being a thug does not mean he is the worst in the bunch either. We all know what Obasanjo is accused of. Does he even like a thug? NO. He is practically one of the quietest in the bunch but it will be very naive to pretend he is not a tout by that.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by Dede1(m): 3:57am On Dec 24, 2010
@POST

Cowards die many times before their death.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 24, 2010
Dede1:

@POST

Cowards die many times before their death.

Recklessly or thoughtlessly bold = Foolhardiness = being spanked and decimated like flies = licking your wounds in a corner, sulking and lashing out at innocent folks.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - Atiku’s Statement Is Frightening by Akanbiedu(m): 11:00am On Dec 24, 2010
Who the F*ck is Muhammed Fawehinmi?

(1) (Reply)

Almajiri: Basic Education Will Improve Development - Jonathan / 5 Die As Buhari Flags Off North-west Campaign / Imo Elections: Prof Jega And Mrs Celine Okoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.