Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Nairaland Satellite Tv Technology: Need To Be (new) User Friendly - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Nairaland Satellite Tv Technology: Need To Be (new) User Friendly (1410 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Satellite Tv Technology: Need To Be (new) User Friendly by owokasib: 3:27am On Dec 23, 2010
I have continued to read with utmost disgust the way Sat. TV Tech. Nairalanders insult each other, especially new members or innocent newbies who are asking questions that exhibits their ignorance and naiveity. The issue of a member asking for the meaning of 'shoelace' on the 2 In 1 LNB setup board comes to mind. One member 'jumped' on board to insult and compound his woes while commendably, the other humbly enlightened and directed him.

I have at several times needed to get info on some issues and had to use the search engine on the forum but was disappointed as it did not limit me to the forum rather it went googling. The ability to find your way around the forum without fumbling and getting exposed to the 'mouthy' members of the forum is highly determined by your computer literacy or web savvy.

I would hereby humbly therefore suggest that the forum be structured such that when a member gets to the index page of the SATELLITE TV TECHNOLOGY you could have a glance of issues concerning everything available. What is available at https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-58.0.html IS OKAY FOR ME but may be inadequate for a new user who may particularly not be a novice. I consciously appreciate the good work that most of our members are putting into the forum notwithstanding the constraints posed by our economy and the environment but there is the need to have semblance of the search engine and 'index page' of boards like Sat-universe (http://www.sat-universe.com/index.php) and others, even though I am pro 9JA.

It is my considered opinion that members whose conduct on the forum are disrespectful or undesirable should be so advised accordingly.

Please note that my comments are entirely devoted to improving the forum and getting us to be better bloggers.

Regards to all and have a pleasant holiday season.
Re: Nairaland Satellite Tv Technology: Need To Be (new) User Friendly by GeorgeD1(m): 7:45am On Dec 23, 2010
owokasib,
your points are well noted. merry christmas in advance!
Re: Nairaland Satellite Tv Technology: Need To Be (new) User Friendly by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 23, 2010
alot of pple aren't matured, that's why u see them act ignorantly. I don't blame the newbies for asking anyhow question, its left to the 'oldbies' to politely respond/ignore. But u know Nigerians can be very overzealous just to show they know how to talk. it pisses me off this section when i such trash
Re: Nairaland Satellite Tv Technology: Need To Be (new) User Friendly by freshp(m): 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2010
is there away for us to revamp the forum so that we can have a way to send private messages as is obtainable in other forums?

i know that both vbulletin and PHPBB are not free but there free ones out there that will do just fine.
maybe the owners of the forum can help out.
i feel with this kind of board in place it will go a long way to eliminate the short comings of this forum.

(1) (Reply)

Gotv Black Friday Fraud / Which Of These Free To Air Decoder Should I Buy / Help Me With The Difference Between Srt 4930L And 4920

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.