Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools (16322 Views)

Umahi Orders Soldiers To Flog Civil Servants Who Came Late To Work / Akwa Ibom To Commence Rapid Mining Of Solid Minerals In The State .. Photos / FG Set To Reduce Salaries Of Civil Servants Who Are Not Working Due To Covid-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by ikorodureporta: 7:59am On Mar 13, 2020
Civil servants who studied education must work in schools — Gov Emmanuel

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr Udom Emmanuel, has given an executive order mandating the state civil service to deploy all civil servants with requisite qualification in education to schools.

The Governor directed that the affected staff serving in ministries, departments and agencies with requisite teaching qualifications should be redeployed to fill existing vacancies in the state educational institutions.

This was part of resolutions at the State Executive Council meeting on Wednesday, presided over by the governor.

Commissioner of Information Mr Charles Udoh, who announced the decision explained that the directive takes into consideration the additional incentives that would be provided to the affected workers.

“Exco has approved the redeployment of officers with teaching qualifications in the public service. What that means is that workers, irrespective of the Ministry, with teaching qualifications that meet the standard required will be redeployed to teach in our various educational institutions.”

“In doing that the government is aware that they have to be encouraged with incentives and government has lined up packages for the workers that would be deployed.”

Udoh encouraged staff that will be affected by the order not to see it as punitive, saying that the government is seeking to plough their expertise to where it would be beneficial to the state and the government’s free and qualitative education policy.

The Information Commissioner said the government has granted a waiver to workers who embarked on further studies without approval provided such studies were in the education discipline.

By the order, the state government has placed an embargo on transfer of service by teachers from the classroom to the mainstream civil service.

The State Executive Council approved the establishment of a health insurance scheme to address the health needs of the people.

Commissioner for Health, Dr Dominic Ukpong, who disclosed this said the implementation of the scheme would commence as soon as the Bill is passed by the state House of Assembly.

Ukpong said with the scheme, indigenes of the state will receive quality healthcare services at a minimal cost.

“People would pay as small as N1000 a year and get treatment worth millions of Naira”.

The Health Commissioner spoke about the state’s preparedness against the Covid -19, urged people in the state to observe personal hygiene such as regular washing of hands.

Ukpong said health officials are positioned at strategic entry points, with health facilities put in place to quarantine a suspected case.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/civil-servants-who-studied-education-must-work-in-schools-governor-emmanuel/amp/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by Citytrend: 8:01am On Mar 13, 2020
This is, the only way to push this country forward

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. Also do Fully Ready Website. See my info below to Chat me

16 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by gurunlocker: 4:30pm On Mar 13, 2020
grin

Dem wan humble a lot of big men and women grin

17 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by KIDfurniture(m): 4:30pm On Mar 13, 2020
tongue
Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by ozueozue(m): 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
OK nice, I no read the contents sha, as long as no be Gandolla nice

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by Aryafucksfinaly(f): 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
After they've worked for years and accumulated valuable experience in a particular field, he now wants to render them redundant as teachers. Who told him that Graduates with Education degree are only suited for classrooms. Abi him no read for news recently as FIRS Boss talk say na mostly Engineers full tax offices, such that he's even proposing re-training them to achieve optimum efficiency. Why him no sack them?

Backward and retrogressive folks! Mtchewwwwww

26 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by Enoch07: 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
good move. this guy above me,I wish I can slap u now

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by Mopolchi: 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
Dey no go gree. Dey wan dey for govt house wia dem dey share oyel money
Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by onecrate: 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
Nice one. This is what they were trained to do

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by Admiralomoniyi(m): 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
Long overdue

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by Ofemmanu1: 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
Pick a leader who will keep jobs in your country by offering companies incentives to hire only within their borders, not one who allows corporations to outsource jobs for cheaper labor when there is a national employment crisis. Choose a leader who will invest in building bridges, not walls. Books, not weapons. Morality, not corruption. Intellectualism and wisdom, not ignorance. Stability, not fear and terror. Peace, not chaos. Love, not hate. Convergence, not segregation. Tolerance, not discrimination. Fairness, not hypocrisy. Substance, not superficiality. Character, not immaturity. Transparency, not secrecy. Justice, not lawlessness. Environmental improvement and preservation, not destruction. Truth, not lies.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by toluleke(m): 4:32pm On Mar 13, 2020
Why not employ new ones then make sure they are in school. This old ones would have lost interest in teaching something they haven't done for years. Our politicians need a wisdom vaccine

14 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by obicoolnino: 4:32pm On Mar 13, 2020
Nice development bt not compulsory
Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by Kenxxy(m): 4:32pm On Mar 13, 2020
Nice one
Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by Totilopussylick(m): 4:32pm On Mar 13, 2020
tongue
Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by samfuntua: 4:32pm On Mar 13, 2020
play on my behalf and whatever we win, spend it also on my behalf
Okay
Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by iammo(m): 4:33pm On Mar 13, 2020
cool

Good one, we need more teachers in Nigeria than Civil Servants in ministry of water or works when we don't even have water, and Chinese contractors constructs road while civil servants from Nigeria supervice the project once in a while and go back to being idle

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by ibori1(m): 4:33pm On Mar 13, 2020
Drink lots of zobo, can help tackle corona
Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by YorubaKinging: 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2020
Nice move
Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by BlackfireX: 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2020
This Southerners like showing off with there education....

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by Totilopussylick(m): 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2020
Reply my message
Alright
Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by Basilpearck(m): 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2020
Some Police go hungry die. How them want tey collect bribe from school student's and their teachers....
Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by Tranquility4u: 4:35pm On Mar 13, 2020
This is a welcome development.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by BruncleZuma: 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by Sammy07: 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2020
Tranquility4u:
YorubaKinging:
Nice move
iammo:
cool

Good one, we need more teachers in Nigeria than Civil Servants in ministry of water or works when we don't even have water, and Chinese contractors constructs road while civil servants from Nigeria supervice the project once in a while and go back to being idle

Kenxxy:
Nice one
Tranquility4u:
Enoch07:
good move. this guy above me,I wish I can slap u now
onecrate:
Nice one. This is what they were trained to do

I don't think it's a wise move..
Remember some people went to college of education because they couldn't gain admission into universities and polytechnics.
Or probably their O'level isn't good.

What if they don't have passion for teaching?

Do you think they'll teach those students with good heart?
Even if the pupils don't understand, will they try to explain??

I think the government should employ new staffs instead..

To be a teacher is passion...
I for once don't like teaching, I'll rather farm than to teach.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by Horbar1: 4:37pm On Mar 13, 2020
Good one.

Get your day old chicks from reputable hatcheries across the country at affordable cost.

Check my signature.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools by hisexcellency34: 4:37pm On Mar 13, 2020
A welcome development

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio / PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos / Fani-kayode Left Us Because There Was No Room For Him –tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.