Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos (16322 Views)

Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest / Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway / Okada-Riders’ Protest New Lagos Traffic-Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by topeorekoy(m): 12:03pm On Dec 11, 2012
The protest was lead by Joint Action Front [JAF] which took place at the Nigeria Labour Congress Yaba-Ojuelegba road link Lagos yesterday which resulted in traffic being grounded on the Yaba-Ojuelegba road link. Policemen formed a preventive wall in their armed and hefty presence at the take-off venue of the protest at NLC building, but the determined leadership of the Joint Action Front [JAF] ignored the advice of the police to abort the procession. The police also stationed men at other strategic locations and arrested any person perceived to be headed towards the protest warm-up venue.
The police, conscious that the rally would turn huge, as other motorbike operators were reportedly waiting at other road junctions to join in, inched towards leaders of the procession to negotiate peace.
JAF Secretary, Comrade Abiodun Aremu, engaged the police team and suggested among other things that "if Fashola still smokes despite warnings that tobacco smokers are liable to die young; motorbike operators also have a right to continue their operations with provided warnings that bike passengers are liable to be injured in an accident".

As it became apparent that the police team might not be able to handle the growing crowd, the police barricaded the road with one of their vans. Protesters however seized the road and sat on it until several pleas got JAF leadership to lead the protesters back to the NLC building for an invitation to discussion the matter of the ban on motorcycles with State officials.

http://saharareporters.com
http://topeorekoya..com/2012/12/photos-okada-riders-protest-in-lagos.html

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2012
I think it's too late now. I doubt the LSG will change their mind.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by mkoabiola: 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2012
If u lik protest frm now til wen jesus comes.BRF will not change ds draconian law.
But ,hw do dey gather ds multitude for protest.ar dey paid?
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2012
mko abiola: If u lik protest frm now til wen jesus comes.BRF will not change ds draconian law.
But ,hw do dey gather ds multitude for protest.ar dey paid?
You're asking is the people who are directly affected are paid? The population of okada people in Lagos is enough for them to have their own city.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Maxymilliano(m): 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
Nice effort by Comrade Biodun Aremu led JAF, the restrictions on Okada movement is too stringent and unpopular IMO.

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by VirginFinder: 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okada doesn't fit a city like Lagos.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Freiburger(m): 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2012
FASHOLA I WANT MY VOTE BACK grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Suregod(f): 1:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
but seriously dis is not fair,dey sud b considered if not der wud b increase in crime rate
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by omarky(m): 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2012
I feel for them though. But sincerly, if Lagos is to achieve the mega city statues, these okada men have to be ban for real. No amount of protest should change the already made law. I only blame Lagos state government for not engaging these men with lucrative jobs before the ban. Eko o ni baje o

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Emodeee: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
Seriously i dn't think dis ll change d governor's mind..i mean he's so obstinate..my opinion though.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Emodeee: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
Seriously i dn't think dis ll change d governor's mind..i mean he's so obstinate..my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2012
Fasola! Fasola!! Fasola!!!,how many times did I call u?
Reverse this draconic law,the effect of the ban is telling on Lagosians,I spent 3hours before getting home yesterday,cos I wenT with my car.
Put infrastructure in place I.e alternative means of transport,good roads etc,and okada will go into extinction naturally.
Development is gradual,not spontaneous,

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
Yomieluv: Fasola! Fasola!! Fasola!!!,how many times did I call u?
Reverse this draconic law,the effect of the ban is telling on Lagosians,I spent 3hours before getting home yesterday,cos I wenT with my car.
Put infrastructure in place I.e alternative means of transport,good roads etc,and okada will go into extinction naturally.
Development is gradual,not spontaneous,
Typical Igbo man. if you don't like it, go back to your village. How come it's only you Igbo people that are complaining?

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by deluxecad(m): 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
Fashola will not budge, they are not Egyptians and can't sustain the protest.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by ORAFA(m): 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
Just passing by and looking out thru my Keke window....... PROtest ko ANTItest ni.....
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by timpaker(m): 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
PATHETIC!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed

BE PREPARED CUZ THIS MASS UNEMPLOYMENT HAS CRIME EMBEDDED IN IT....

SO LAGOSIANS, BE PREPARED!!!
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by omiobo: 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
Absolute nonsense! What is the essence of doing a job you can't pray your children should do? They should go and farm. Lazy people!!!
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Mavrick2012: 1:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
Fashola smokes?

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by alaoeri: 1:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
Chai make una see policemen buying sachet water.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by miteolu(m): 1:35pm On Dec 11, 2012
IT IS OKADA RIDERS TODAY, IT COULD BE YOU TOMORROW - Quote of the week
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by vislabraye(m): 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2012
omarky: I feel for them though. But sincerly, if Lagos is to achieve the mega city statues, these okada men have to be ban for real. No amount of protest should change the already made law. I only blame Lagos state government for not engaging these men with lucrative jobs before the ban. Eko o ni baje o

What is megacity status ?
If he actually wants to reach that perceived status, destroy Aj city, drive out everyone living in the slums. We can start from there.

The truth of the situation is that there's poverty. The traffic situation in Lagos is so bad that without Okada movement would be difficult.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by kingsceemark(m): 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
Virgin Finder: Okada doesn't fit a city like Lagos.
Na the time wey you go loose your government job, na dat time you go know weda e fit or no fit

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Maxymilliano(m): 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
No matter the rationale behind the government decision, Lagos is not yet ripe for the restrictions meted out to the Okada riders, with traffic prone poor roads and lack of jobs, this is hardship to commuters and okada men respectively.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Mikkyhandy(m): 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
Xmas is coming, wetin man go chop?
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Guk: 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2012
Maxymilliano: Nice effort by Comrade Biodun Aremu led JAF, the restrictions on Okada movement is too stringent and unpopular IMO.

If you have every been a manager of men and material, you would know that you have to take unpopular but yet, right decisions.

It is only a mad man that will allow a mad man to carry him on Okada on 3rd Maiinland bridge; Ikorodu Road; Apapa Oshodi Expressway and any other dual carraigeway anywhere in the world.

Instead of us protesting for the right things like Light Rail and other means of intra neighbourhood transportation, we are asking for aberration (something that should not have bn there in the 1st place)

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by johnwizey: 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
LMAO grin grin grin grin
Cant stop laffin
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by kingsceemark(m): 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
Mavrick2012: Fashola smokes?
Yes, he smoke igboo and cigga. Fashola na former area boy, na becos of dat him no wan ban area boys
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
kingsceemark: Na the time wey you go loose your job, na dat time you go know weda e fit or no fit
LWKMD grin

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Guk: 1:49pm On Dec 11, 2012
vislabraye:

What is megacity status ?
If he actually wants to reach that perceived status, destroy Aj city, drive out everyone living in the slums. We can start from there.

The truth of the situation is that there's poverty. The traffic situation in Lagos is so bad that without Okada movement would be difficult.

A large % of people do not understand nor use the word Megacity appropraitely! Its is not a sought after status! It is not a proud status! It is not a status to boast about! It is not a status that any leader seeks to attain or gain!!!

It takes a Strong Hand to run a Megacity

A city attains that status automatically when its population becomes in excess of 10 million people. Such city is xterised by the following:
1. Slums
2. Homelessness
3. Traffic congestion
4. Urban sprawl (Spilling out of your own city and spilling into neighbors like Ogun state)
5.Gentrification (Simply meaning, low income areas are bn bought over by the wealthy and regenerating such places and the poor who hitherto lived there have to move away. This happens in Lagos regularly, so much so that people have moved to lagos Ibadan expressway to live)
6. Air pollution
7. Land pollution (Waste dumps)
8. Crime

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by aribisala0(m): 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
I understand Abuja is waiting to welcome them
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by clemmonce(m): 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
this was brought to was by saharareporters later people go say sahara reporter be liars. thumbs up sahara. by the way i like that tobbaco statement the jaf leader made nice òne. but moa think it is too late

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Will Deal With Them The Way We Dealt With Boko Haram. - Buhari / Banire Dismisses Report Of Being Part Of Lagos APC Parallel Congress / Buhari’s Veto On Electoral Bill: APC Senators Vow To Block Pdp’s Override

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.