Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Let's End The 'Osu' Problem - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Let's End The 'Osu' Problem (4976 Views)

Igbos, Will You Marry An Osu? / The Superstition Of The Osu Cast System In Igbo Land / Origin Of The Osu Caste System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Let's End The 'Osu' Problem by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Bible speaks against the word "fool" in Matthew, osisi tongue

The Bible also calls a fool a fool.
Re: Let's End The 'Osu' Problem by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2007
Arnold1:

What kind of people eats their own kind ? For people that practiced cannibalism sometime in their history, they shouldn't even be talking trash about other tribes. igbos yuck

wait till I lay my knives on you!
your remains will be suya and peppersoup
Re: Let's End The 'Osu' Problem by laudate: 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2007
babyosisi:

In the old days,I heard osus could not go to the market places and people burnt down their houses.
Is that happening now?

Re-ea-ally??! shocked You mean the 'osus' suffered this kind of deprivation? Wow! I must say one thing though, this is the first time you have admitted in deatil that you know a bit about what they actually went through. Most of the time, you have chosen to gloss over the issue. Ah, well. . . . !

babyosisi:

If you burn down someone's house you are prosecuted.
Do you want people to be arrested and charged to jail for failing to marry someone?
You really do amuse me

Are we talking about the same law, that you initially cited in your previous post?? That law says nothing about burning down of houses. Please check it again! On the other hand, arson is a criminal offence according to the laws of the Fedral Republic of Nigeria. It doesn't matter if the person whose house was burnt, is an osu or a diala, the offence carries the penalty of imprisonment. The laws on arson, were not drawn up to end the discrimination against the 'osu.'
Re: Let's End The 'Osu' Problem by Arnold1(m): 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2007
People like you, thiefofheart, are her enablers. She knows she can talk all the shit she wants about yorubas and you'll over look it and continue chatting with her. I haven't seen you condemn her once for all that crap she wrote, instead, you are focusing on me.

This is the same person talking crap about people going off topic. Useless cannibalist girl.
Re: Let's End The 'Osu' Problem by Iman3(m): 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2007
Re-ea-ally??! You mean the 'osus' suffered this kind of deprivation? Wow! I must say one thing though, this is the first time you have admitted in deatil that you know a bit about what they actually went through. Most of the time, you have chosen to gloss over the issue. Ah, well. . . . !

Chei. . . . Oh Laud grin.You are really clutching at straws here.Where is your brain. "In the old days,it was illegal for a women to climb up a palm tree",hey that must mean an admission that I have seen such discrimination. Old days. . .Laud,sure you know the difference
Re: Let's End The 'Osu' Problem by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:37pm On Jun 16, 2007
Arnold1:

People like you, thiefofheart, are her enablers.

Unless you are someone under a new name, you are obviously very new. Look up my former posts and see my history with osisi. If there's one thing that I wont let anyone deny on Nairaland is my arguements with osisi. So seriously dude, stop playing yourself.
We arent even talking about all that tribal crap anymore, the topic is back to osu, so either you give your piece on that alone or leave the thread.
Re: Let's End The 'Osu' Problem by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 16, 2007
I-man:

Chei. . . . Oh Laud grin.You are really clutching at straws here.Where is your brain. "In the old days,it was illegal for a women to climb up a palm tree",hey that must mean an admission that I have seen such discrimination. Old days. . .Laud,sure you know the difference

I said her agendum was clear.
laudate:

Re-ea-ally??! shocked You mean the 'osus' suffered this kind of deprivation? Wow! I must say one thing though, this is the first time you have admitted in deatil that you know a bit about what they actually went through. Most of the time, you have chosen to gloss over the issue. Ah, well. . . . !

Are we talking about the same law, that you initially cited in your previous post?? That law says nothing about burning down of houses. Please check it again! On the other hand, arson is a criminal offence according to the laws of the Fedral Republic of Nigeria. It doesn't matter if the person whose house was burnt, is an osu or a diala, the offence carries the penalty of imprisonment. The laws on arson, were not drawn up to end the discrimination against the 'osu.'

Laudate,do you want people prosecuted for failing to marry another?
Discrimination against osus because they were termed osus was addressed.
do you want the various things that make up discrimination spelt out?

Why is this topic of special interest to you that everyone else must somehow be misguided in their opinions except you?
I don't like dishonest people.
When someone understands somethings and pretends not to just to score a cheap point,that's dishonesty.

In the USA murder is a felony but when proven that it was a hate crime due to race,the sentence is harsher.
do you get it now?
Re: Let's End The 'Osu' Problem by Arnold1(m): 10:45pm On Jun 16, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Unless you are someone under a new name, you are obviously very new. Look up my former posts and see my history with osisi. If there's one thing that I wont let anyone deny on Nairaland is my arguements with osisi. So seriously dude, stop playing yourself.
We arent even talking about all that tribal crap anymore, the topic is back to osu, so either you give your piece on that alone or leave the thread.

Yes I am new and I am not aware that you have had run-ins with her in the past. She will continue this behavior (like she has today) until someone does something drastic about it or she is banned from this forum.
Re: Let's End The 'Osu' Problem by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2007
Arnold1:

Yes I am new and I am not aware that you have had run-ins with her in the past. She will continue this behavior (like she has today) until someone does something drastic about it or she is banned from this forum.

and what exactly will you or can you do?
how drastic do you plan on getting?
when you become a man,please log back on
we don't change diapers!
Re: Let's End The 'Osu' Problem by Arnold1(m): 11:01pm On Jun 16, 2007
babyosisi, you are just a useless tribalist. Anyone that'll say something like that unprovoked is a tribalist.

you can't hate unless you have a hateful heart.

I just hope you don't pass your trait to your children. agbaya olooorun

Are you by any chance related to xtycod ? he is a phenomenal tribalist like you.
Re: Let's End The 'Osu' Problem by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2009
Osu(out Cast) And Real Born In Igbo Land Discrimination
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-195145.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Why Do Kogi Central (Ebira) People Call Ihima and Adavi People Yoruba? / Mixed Heritage Nigerians / Interesting Things About 'The Iku Baba Yeye Of Yoruba Land': Oba Lamidi Adeyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.