Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori (2788 Views)

Saraki Rejects Omolori As Clerk To The National Assembly. / General Buhari And Sani Abacha In 1985 (Photo) / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa Files Suit Against Buhari Over Delay In Appointing Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by amanikondo: 7:47am On Dec 23, 2010
Five members of the House of Representatives reinstated by a Federal High Court in Abuja on December 2 on Wednesday filed contempt proceedings against the Speaker, Mr. Dimeji Bankole, and the Clerk to the House, Mr. Sani Omolori.

The lawmakers are Mr. Dino Melaye, Mr. Solomon Awhinawhin, Mr. Bitrus Kaze, Mr. Independence Ogunewe and Mr. Anas Adamu.

The plaintiffs had commenced committal proceedings and filed Form 49 against Bankole and Omolori. The plaintiffs are asking the court to take judicial notice that the defendants/contemnor had disobeyed its judgment nullifying the suspension of the five lawmakers.

They further claimed that the defendants had ‘refused’ to pay the plaintiff/applicants their outstanding salaries and allowances accruing to them since June 22, 2010 and had also denied them access to their offices.

Part of the notice of Form 49 served on the speaker and the clerk on Wednesday reads, “Take notice that the plaintiffs/applicants will on Wednesday, the 12th day of January 2011 at the hour of 9 O’clock in the forenoon, apply to this court for an order for committal to prison of the 1st and 3rd defendants/contemnor for having disobeyed the judgment of this honourable court made on 2nd of December 2010, nullifying the suspension of the plaintiffs/applicants as they have refused to pay the plaintiffs/applicants their outstanding salaries and allowances…”

Read more http://thotsandworks.com/topic/132-melaye-files-suit-against-dimeji-bankole-and-sani-omolori/
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by Guyman02: 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2010
BANK-ole is a huge disappointment to the Nigerian Youths; he vehemently violates court orders just like his 'I dey laff' godfather OBJ. He is yet to explain to the Nigerian masses what happened to the N9billion he consumed only him that brought about the free for all at the Assembly.
BANK-ole is truely an ole with plenty money in the Bank
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by hassymo5(m): 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2010
Bankole is disobeying the law, wat a shame!
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by Guyman02: 1:47pm On Dec 23, 2010
hassymo5:

Bankole is disobeying the law, wat a shame!
The same laws that he and others collect 25.4% of our national budget to make. Kuje prison is very close to his office; just throw him into prison and him eye go clear and he will start vomitting that N9b that he spent N18,000 to buy torch for lawamakers when policemen wey need torch for checkpoints dey use firewood light to stop and search. angry angry angry
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by polokor60(m): 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2010
bank -ole is always arrogant,the court you disobey today ll be place of shelter 2moro when ur preceive enemies are in power.i dey laugh ooooo
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by Homonide: 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2010
I wonder why the leadership of the House of Representatives led by Mr Dimeji Bankole find it so easy to disobey and flout court orders @ will. Kudos to Melaiye & Co for toeing the part of the law, even thought they cannot extricate themselves from the house. They are part of the rot.
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by jamace(m): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2010
A recharge card thief got 24 months jail sentence for stealing N2,500 worth of Recharge card. How many months jail sentence will Bankole who stole N9b get? Abeg, make una SOLVE dis matheMAGIC.  cheesy
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2010
jamace:

A recharge card thief got 24 months jail sentence for stealing N2,500 worth of Recharge card. How many months jail sentence will Bankole who stole N9b get? Abeg, make una SOLVE dis matheMAGIC.  cheesy

i wonder how many life sentence that will be grin. the court should order for his immediate arrest and detention for court contempt. i wont be surprised that he has diverted those salaries/allowances for himself. what a thieving B, tard. angry
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by shakara4u(m): 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2010
his going to get 2 months and forfiet property worth -N-120 billion, shikina
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by chosen04(f): 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2010
AM not disappointed, i wasnt expecting much from that thief called BANK-OLE.
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by Elgaxton(m): 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2010
2011 will be verry interesting after GoodLuck wins!
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by Mbeki: 7:24pm On Dec 23, 2010
Melaye definitely will see the end of these issue, bankole shld better resign.
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by 100Whykay(m): 7:27pm On Dec 23, 2010
Bankole is a disgrace to the Nigerian youth, He's power drunk, thats why he keeps victimsing people with Power both in the house and outside the house.
There are holes in his reputation already, he's been hanged by public opinion. I don't see him defending against ultimate control, it's only a matter of time.
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by Anaegboka(m): 8:13pm On Dec 23, 2010
Bankole was supposed to be a beacon of hope for youths to look up to, he decided to align himself with the old thieves who steal the future of millions of Nigerians to save for their children who by special grace of God will waste the loot. Bankole! Bankole!! Bankole!!! How many times did I call you? Are you sure you will bear the consequences of making your fellow citizens gnash their teeth? Those old men have a short time to live before going to their maker to go and suffer for their sins. You, you will live with the people you stole from for quite sometime.
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by k9ine(m): 12:17am On Dec 24, 2010
D ole of Bank is putting his hope on OBJ. OBJ will only make him "kill himself, by himself. He is risking a jail term.
In addition he is dragging the integrity of the age bracket called, YOUTH in the mud.
B
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by k9ine(m): 12:21am On Dec 24, 2010
D ole of Bank is putting his hope on OBJ. OBJ will only make him "kill himself, by himself. He is risking a jail term.
In addition he is dragging the integrity of the age bracket called, YOUTH in the mud.
B
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by mygee33(m): 3:07am On Dec 24, 2010
Does anyone notice how arrogantly Bank- ole adresses his colleagues in the chambers. I wonder what he will thinking of the Judge. That guy is not fit to be the Speaker at alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by andyanders: 7:49am On Dec 24, 2010
BANKOLE ALSO KNOWN AS "BANK THIEF"
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by Fhiminana: 8:41am On Dec 24, 2010
Only very few of those law - makers know why they are their. Some have never sponsored a bill, only concorred and some of them would always end up asking their fellow colleaques what was discussed as they were asleep through out the plenary sessions. I thought law makers should be men and women of integrity but Nigerian case is so pathetic. If you are angry with the system the way I am, then let's all register and vote out all those Lawless and morally decayed senators and Reps. Feeeeeelllll meee?
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by juman(m): 3:30pm On Dec 24, 2010
Mr. Dino and his friends should apologize to the House and move on. 2011 election is at the corner, they should focus on that. I dont understand what they want to proof by going to court again.

By not following the court judgment by the House, it’s very bad, they make law and refuse to follow the law.
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by Solowande(m): 6:49pm On Dec 24, 2010
It's only in Nigeria dat those in govt are above d law. He Can't even obey court order. What a shame.
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by tunde247: 8:56am On Dec 25, 2010
but why
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by jamace(m): 9:15am On Dec 25, 2010
Mr. Dino and his friends should apologize to the House and move on. 2011 election is at the corner, they should focus on that. I dont understand what they want to proof by going to court again.

By not following the court judgment by the House, it’s very bad, they make law and refuse to follow the law.

Change is always initiated by a few. Let those who have the balls to cause change do so. I support Melaye 100%.
Re: Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori by juman(m): 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2010
jamace:

Change is always initiated by a few. Let those who have the balls to cause change do so. I support Melaye 100%.

CHANGE?? They are also thieves. Check their record. Mr. Dino was senior member of the House before.

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Of Nigeria Appoints 25 Career Ambassadors / Are Southerners Weak Minded? / If Jonathan Is Impeached, Who Will Now Become The President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.