Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,116 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity (2691 Views)

Shame! Ghana Deports 8 Nigerians (photos) / 60% Of Illegal Arms In S/east Produced Locally —presidential C’ttee / States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
Ghana with a population of 25.9 million people generates 2104MW which is 60% of Nigeria installed capacity of 3600MW which is meant for population of 158 million people. Look what PDP has reduced us to through their corruption and made us the laughing stock of Africa.
http://www.vraghana.com/resources/facts.php
http://www.nigeriapowerreform.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=66
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by femicyrus(m): 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2015
What do you expect from clueless Phd holder married to an illiterate

1 Share

Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
What do PDP supporters make of this?
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by ANBAKO: 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
Op, Even though I don't like PDP, GEJ etc This your info is flawed.
There is a difference between installed capacity and generation. Installed base is the amount of power all the equipment and facilities (Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Dams)can produce if all of them are working while generation is the actual amount of power (in MW or GW) being "pumped out. I can authoritatively tell you that Ghana has installed base of 2.8GW while Nigeria has an installed base of over 8GW. Nigeria is generating 4MW while Ghana is presently generating less than 2GW.

Finally you forgot to add that Ghana is generating their power using gas/crude oil from Nigeria while we dont have the same gas to power our own country.

We need change.

Sai Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
ANBAKO:
Op, Even though I don't like PDP, GEJ etc This your info is flawed.
There is a difference between installed capacity and generation. Installed base is the amount of power all the equipment and facilities (Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Dams)can produce if all of them are working while generation is the actual amount of power (in MW or GW) being "pumped out. I can authoritatively tell you that Ghana has installed base of 2.8GW while Nigeria has an installed base of over 8GW. Nigeria is generating 4MW while Ghana is presently generating less than 2GW.

Finally you forgot to add that Ghana is generating their power using gas/crude oil from Nigeria while we dont have the same gas to power our own country.

We need change.

Sai Buhari.
]
It's still correct maybe my wording was incorect,but click on the link I provided Ghana installed capacity is 2846.5MW while genaration capacity is 2104.5MW which when compared with Nigeria 3500MW generation capacity currently is still 60%.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by PetroDolla3: 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2015
Look, I beg una oooh. make una no dey take my dear country Ghana play political football for nairaland oooooh! because if any ediot insults Ghana or Ghanaians on account of this thread, na scatter I swear cool shocked tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry even a child born today knows Ghana is a better a country

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by ANBAKO: 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
seges:
]
It's still correct maybe my wording was incorect,but click on the link I provided Ghana installed capacity is 2846.5 while genaration capacity is 2104.5 which when compared with Nigeria 3500MW generation capacity currently is still 60%.

Yes...The wording was incorrect also as at mid December....Ghana was generating 1.8GW
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by ANBAKO: 7:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
PetroDolla3:
Look, I beg una oooh. make una no dey take my dear country Ghana play political football for nairaland oooooh! because if any ediot insults Ghana or Ghanaians on account of this thread, na scatter I swear cool shocked tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry even a child born today knows Ghana is a better a country

Since you know Ghana is a better country what are you doing here? Go and create a cediland forum. Abeg shift joor.....!!!!
You know where Ghana dey?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2015
seges:
]
It's still correct maybe my wording was incorect,but click on the link I provided Ghana installed capacity is 2846.5 while genaration capacity is 2104.5 which when compared with Nigeria 3500MW generation capacity currently is still 60%.
You are still wrong. Nigeria's installed capacity is nearly 10,000 mw and we currently produce over 4000 mw. Go and do some more research to learn what is what. That dodgy article you posted as 'proof' is not where to go.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2015
ROSSIKE:
You are still wrong. Nigeria's installed capacity is nearly 10,000 mw and we currently produce over 4000 mw. Go and do some more research to learn what is what.
Nigeria is at 3500MW,my research is till right while Ghana is 2104MW so it's still 60%
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by ifex370(m): 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2015
some thread owners need to be banned till Jesus comes
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
seges:

It's currently generating capacity is still 3500MW,my research is till right Ghana generating capactity is 2104MW so it's still 60%
And you gathered this from some dodgy online blog. Is that how you conduct research? You no go school? Ghana's generation capacity, where did you get that figure? Your Volta link..you don't grasp it.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by atlwireles: 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
The story of power generation in Nigeria is more complicated than a Nairaland propaganda thread.

Dangote, Others Generate 15,000MW Of Electricity From Private Plants

VENTURES AFRICA – BUA Group, Honeywell and Dangote Group in conjunction with similar manufacturing plants across Nigeria are generating more than 15,000 megawatts of electricity used by the companies off the national grid, Dr. Lazarus Angbazo, President and CEO of General Electric (GE) Nigeria disclosed at the weekend.

According to him, the captive power of 15,000mw is sufficient for the private companies to operate.

“When I say they are captive, I am talking about consumer industrial groups that are self-generating, like the Dangote Cement, Bua Cement, Lafarge Cement and others,” explained Angbazo.

He said due to inefficient power supply, these groups are constructing private power plants to ensure their operations are not affected by epileptic supply of electricity in the country.

“We are in partnership with Dangote, for example, on Obajana, Ibese, Shagamu and Gboko and we are the one providing the power,” local news platform, local daily ThisDay quoted him as saying.

Honeywell also gets power from GE, as well as other companies producing food and making use of GE engines.

Angbazo said further that the groups have been able to continuously produce the quantity of electricity required for their operations due to their financial muscle, citing Dangote, which is Africa’s largest producer of cement as an example.

According to him, the companies are taking the same step in the generation of captive power to ensure smooth operations.

http://www.ventures-africa.com/2014/04/dangote-others-generate-15000mw-of-electricity-from-private-plants/

1 Like

Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2015
ROSSIKE:
And you gathered this from some dodgy online blog. Is that how you conduct research? You no go school?
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/power-supply-drops-3500mw-due-gas-challenges-special-adviser/
Nigeria is curently at 3500MW
Ghana is 2014.5MW I did my research
http://www.vraghana.com/resources/facts.php
So that still comes to 60%
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by homerac7: 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
seges:

It's currently generating capacity is still 3500MW,my research is till right Ghana generating capactity is 2104MW so it's still 60%

Dude, it's either you don't know the meaning of "generating capacity" , innumerate or you are just an illeterate or perhaps all of the above. Nigeria's generation capacity is around 1000MW while you claim Ghana's is 3500MW, so how's Ghana's 60% of Nigeria's? Nigeria has the biggest challenge of transmission of transmission which keeps it at 4600+ max. So learn to comprehend properly before coming online to form arm-chair analyst bro.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by JiggamanGh: 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
ROSSIKE:
You are still wrong. Nigeria's installed capacity is nearly 10,000 mw and we currently produce over 4000 mw. Go and do some more research to learn what is what. That dodgy article you posted as 'proof' is not where to go.

Nigeria's installed capacity is 5.90 and is generating around 3000.

Ghana is 2.40 while generating 2.10.
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
JiggamanGh:

Nigeria's installed capacity is 5000 and is generating around 3000.
I've been trying to explain to them they don't want to listen. Buhari will improve the education system when he comes to power don't worry.
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by JiggamanGh: 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2015
seges:

I've been trying to explain to them they don't want to listen. Buhari will improve the education system when he comes to power don't worry.

You are right electricity shouldn't be a problem in Nigeria, with the right management nigeria can power all of west Africa.
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by atlwireles: 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2015
Afam IV-V

Simple gas turbine 726 MW Partially Operational

Afam IV -6 x 75MW

Afam V -2 x 138MW

Afam VI Power Station Afam Combined cycle gas turbine 624 MW

Alaoji Power Station (NIPP) Abia state Combined cycle gas turbine 1074 MW

Egbin Thermal Power Station Egbin gas-fired steam turbine 1320 MW

Calabar Power Station (NIPP) Calabar Simple cycle gas turbine 561 MW

Egbema Power Station (NIPP) Imo State Simple cycle gas turbine 338 MW

Geregu I Power Station Geregu Kogi State Simple cycle gas turbine 414 MW
Geregu II Power Station (NIPP) Geregu Kogi State Simple cycle gas turbine 434 MW

Ibom Power Station (NIPP) Ikot Abasi Simple cycle gas turbine 190 MW Partially Operational

Ihovbor Power Station (NIPP) Benin City Simple cycle gas turbine 450 MW

Okpai Power Station Okpai Combined cycle gas turbine 480 MW Operational

Olorunsogo Power Station Olorunsogo Simple cycle gas turbine 336 MW Partially Operational 2007 8 x 42 MW [22] Sepco3, Working below capacity due to gas supply issues.

13) Olorunsogo II Power Station (NIPP) Olorunsogo Combined cycle gas turbine 675 MW NDPHC Partially Operational 2012 4x112,5mw and 2x112,5MW steam turbines.

Omoku Power Station Omoku Simple cycle gas turbine 150 MW . Operational 2005 6 x 25MW gas turbines Omoku II Power Station (NIPP) Omoku Simple cycle gas turbine 225 MW 2 x 112,5 MW gas turbines

Omotosho I Power Station Omotosho Simple cycle gas turbine 336 MW

Omotosho II Power Station (NIPP) Omotosho Simple cycle gas turbine 450 MW

Sapele Power Station Sapele Gas-fired steam turbine and Simple cycle gas turbine 1020 MW Partially Operational

Sapele Power Station (NIPP) Sapele Simple cycle gas turbine 450 MW Operational

Delta - Ughelli Power Station Ughelli Simple cycle gas turbine 900 MW Partially Operational

Kainji Power Station Reservoir 800 MW 1968[1] Kainji Lake Niger River
Jebba Power Station Reservoir 540 MW 1985 Lake Jebba Niger River
Shiroro Power Station Reservoir 600 MW 1990 Lake Shiroro Kaduna River

These are the plants, I hope I have not missed anyone. Add the installed capacity yourself.
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
atlwireles:

Afam IV-V

Afam IV -6 x 75MW

Afam V -2 x 138MW

Geregu II Power Station (NIPP) Geregu Kogi State Simple cycle gas turbine 434 MW

Ibom Power Station (NIPP) Ikot Abasi Simple cycle gas turbine 190 MW Partially Operational

Olorunsogo Power Station Olorunsogo Simple cycle gas turbine 336 MW Partially Operational 2007 8 x 42 MW [22] Sepco3, Working below capacity due to gas supply issues.

13) Olorunsogo II Power Station (NIPP) Olorunsogo Combined cycle gas turbine 675 MW NDPHC Partially Operational 2012 4x112,5mw and 2x112,5MW steam turbines.

Omoku Power Station Omoku Simple cycle gas turbine 150 MW . Operational 2005 6 x 25MW gas turbines Omoku II Power Station (NIPP) Omoku Simple cycle gas turbine 225 MW 2 x 112,5 MW gas turbines

Sapele Power Station Sapele Gas-fired steam turbine and Simple cycle gas turbine 1020 MW Partially Operational

Delta - Ughelli Power Station Ughelli Simple cycle gas turbine 900 MW Partially Operational

These are the plants, I hope I have not missed anyone. Add the installed capacity yourself.

Whats the point of all that installed capacity when we still generate 3500MW currently?Generated capicty is what imporant and what gets to household across the country,this only shows Nigeria power sector is very inefficient.
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by wordcat(m): 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2015
Stop wasting ur mb, the op is a complete ode @ Rossike
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
wordcat:
Stop wasting ur mb, the op is a complete ode @ Rossike
It's not my fault you lack critical thinking skills.
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by wordcat(m): 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
seges:

It's not my fault you lack critical thinking skills.

See you and your Critical Thinking Skills.

We have guys from Ghana here in forum, wondering why they're not supporting you on this Mr CTS
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by ba7man(m): 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
atlwireles:

Afam IV-V

Afam IV -6 x 75MW

Afam V -2 x 138MW

Does this list of power generating plants stop me from sleeping in darkness tonight
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
ba7man:
Does this list of power generating plants stop me from sleeping in darkness tonight
lol
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Caseless: 10:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
We can never forgive pdp and, gej is the unfortunate guy to take the 'bulk' of our accumulated anger of 16 years against pdp.
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by atlwireles: 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
ba7man:

Why is that my problem?
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
Caseless:
We can never forgive pdp and, gej is the unfortunate guy to take the 'bulk' of our accumulated anger of 16 years against pdp.
Not only will we not forgive,we demand Buhari jails them including Goodluck Jonathan when he comes to power after Febuary election.
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Caseless: 5:16am On Jan 05, 2015
ba7man:
just ask that guy?
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by ba7man(m): 7:52am On Jan 05, 2015
Caseless:
just ask that guy?
With the long list and figures of MWs, I did not only sleep in darkness, I woke up in it.
angry
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Caseless: 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
ba7man:
With the long list and figures of MWs, I did not only sleep in darkness, I woke up in it.
angry
i taya oo. Nothing seems to be working in this country.
Re: GEJ Shame:Ghana has 60% Of Nigeria's Generated Capacity For Electricity by Caseless: 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
seges:

Not only will we not forgive,we demand Buhari jails them including Goodluck Jonathan when he comes to power after Febuary election.
gej for prison.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Life From Aso Rok, No Election, GEJ N Buharin Just Wed(photo) / I Hate Gmb,(speech) / Ghanaian Opposition Leader Visits Asiwaju Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.