Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? (700 Views)

Mosque In Osun Welcomes Muslims With Quote From The Bible / How Does Non Muslims Feel About Muhammad Knowing Number Of Joints In The Body / Do Muslims Really Believe All These About Muhammad??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by advocatejare(m): 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2020
Let's check the Bible.

Muslims always try to lay claim to the fact that Moses prophesied about Muhammad being a Prophet in
Deuteronomy 18:15
Moses continued, “The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.

Now let's have a critical look at it

Here Moses was addressing the Israelites, which comprised 12 brothers which made up 12 tribes of Israel. The 12 tribes were brothers and biological children of Jacob/Israel!

Jacob/Israel had a brother called Esau whose tribe later became Edomites.

Ishmael was not from the tribe of Israel and he was not even a brother to Israel , Ishmael was the brother to Isaac, Isaac was the father of Jacob/Israel and Esau.

Muhammad was the descendant of Ishmael so by genealogy, Moses couldn't have been prophesying about Muhammad, was was not part of Jacob/Israel descendants.

Other points include:

1. Kings sought to destroy both Moses and Jesus when they were babies (Ex. 1,2; Mt. 2).
No king tried to kill Mohammed as a baby

2. Both Moses and Christ authenticated their missions with miracles (Ex. 4:1ff; Jn. 20:30-31).
Muhammad didn't perform any miracles, not a single one, the only "miracle" he performed was sleeping with all his wives in one night and soiling his clothes with semen.

3. Both Moses and Jesus supplied bread for the people. Moses performed the miracles of manna coming from the sky, Jesus multiplied 5 loaves of bread to feed multitudes.

Muhammad didn't provide any manna neither did he multiply any bread. How then does Muhammad be like Moses?

4. Both Moses and Jesus saw God and spoke to God.
Quran 7:145 even corroborated Biblical account that God directly handed over tablets over which God's commandment was written to Moses.

وَكَتَبْنَا لَهُۥ فِى الْأَلْوَاحِ مِنْ كُلِّ شَىْءٍ مَّوْعِظَةً وَتَفْصِيلًا لِّكُلِّ شَىْءٍ فَخُذْهَا بِقُوَّةٍ وَأْمُرْ قَوْمَكَ يَأْخُذُوا بِأَحْسَنِهَا  ۚ سَأُورِيكُمْ دَارَ الْفٰسِقِينَ
"And We wrote for him on the tablets [something] of all things - instruction and explanation for all things, [saying], Take them with determination and order your people to take the best of it. I will show you the home of the defiantly disobedient."
(QS. Al-A'raaf 7: Verse 145)

Jesus told us that he is from God and everything he sees God do is what he did. God spoke directly to Moses and God. God didn't speak directly to Muhammad, it was through an "angel" in fact Muhammad denied ever seeing Allah in the Hadith.

Sahih Bukhari 4:54:457
"Narrated By 'Aisha
Whoever claimed that (the Prophet) Muhammad saw his Lord, is committing a great fault, for he only saw Gabriel in his genuine shape in which he was created covering the whole horizon."

5. Jesus specifically said he was the prophet Moses wrote about. John 5:46
"If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me."
And the Quran already said Jesus was given Holy spirit and clear proof (Q2: 87) meaning that he can't lie.

2 Likes

Re: Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by Kokoebapluse(m): 6:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
Let me destroy your post in one second.
Let me reply back to you let first look at the Bible. And let see where there is problem between muslim and Christian base on Prophet Muhammad tracing in Bible.

Here is detronomy

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
Deuteronomy 18:18

To be honest is Jesus a prophet from among isreal? Remember Jesus have no father except mother and Joseph which is adopted father of Jesus in Bible was a lineage of bastard. Read what happened between king Judah and his daughter-in-law and trace it back to lineage of Joseph you will realise that Joseph is not legal Israeli, Mary Is livet Family in isreal and livet family can not be a king in isreal except Priest ( religion leader) and one of attribute Bible add to Jesus is he will be a king, be a king is impossible prophecy for Jesus in Bible it make Bible fake. Now let go back to the matter In Deuteronomy 18:18 did not mention isreal but a brothern brother are those who share the same blood line it can even lead to extended family if you trace back story you will understand that Arab are brother of isreal and in Bible there is a place where God promise children of Kendra ( second son of Ishmael the father of Arab) a prophet, thou in Bible Jesus claim to be a prophet and we also accept in Islam that Jesus is a prophet, but in Bible Jesus also said a spirit of truth will come after him which mean Jesus is not the last and the seal from God, now let check similarity between them 1. Moses had father Prophet Muhammad also had father, who is the father of Jesus? They have different birth. 2. Mose engaged in a war Prophet Muhammad also engaged in a war, Jesus do not engage in a war. 3. Moses did not claim to be a son of God or part of God, Prophet Muhammad also against God have son, can I ask you a question is Jesus a prophet, son of God, or God himself? I can tell you many similarities between Moses and Prophet Muhammad that Jesus do not have. In Islam all are Prophet and all of them were from one God surely you most see there trace following each other. Weather you like it or not there is traces of Prophet Muhammad in Torah and injeel because Prophet Muhammad is the last and the seal of all prophets.

1 Like

Re: Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 8:03am On Mar 18, 2020
We ain't here to ratify our Qur'an with your Bible. Whatever is stated in the Qur'an and the Sunnah is sufficient for us.

I will just highlight some major differences between Jesus and Moses which makes it evident that your Deuteronomic verse ain't applicable solely to Jesus. It can be applicable to many people from the decendants of Abraham.

1. Jesus has no earthly father, no lineage unlike Moses.
2. Jesus allegedly brought the period of Grace. Moses was a covenant period.
3. Jesus fought no war unlike Moses.
4. Moses allegedly wrote the pentateauch (five Books). Jesus didn't write any part of the NT.
5. Jesus was allegedly killed by the people he was sent to by crucifixion. Moses just died normally...
6. Moses did save his people from Pharaoh. Jesus was unable to save his people till he was crucified.
7. Satan tempted Jesus but not Moses.
8. Jesus was raised by his mother & foster father. They all fled from the evil king.
Moses on the other hand was raised by his enemy Pharaoh.
9. Moses ruled people with Jehovah's laws.
Jesus didn't rule anyone with any law.
10. Jesus is acclaimed the son of God. Some call him God himself. Moses is not God's son or God. He's not part of the Trinity.
11. Moses married wives and had children.
Jesus though was circumcised according to Luke but never got married nor had kids.
12. Moses brought an "eye for an eye" law.
Jesus brought "slap me on one cheek and I turn the other cheek" law.
13. Moses's enemy (kingdom of Pharaoh) perished in the sea. Jesus's enemy crucified him.

1 Like

Re: Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by advocatejare(m): 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2020
Kokoebapluse:
Let me reply back to you let first look at the Bible. And let see where there is problem between muslim and Christian base on Prophet Muhammad tracing in Bible.

Here is detronomy

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

To be honest is Jesus a prophet from among isreal? Remember Jesus have no father except mother and Joseph which is adopted father of Jesus in Bible was a lineage of bastard. Read what happened between king Judah and his daughter-in-law and trace it back to lineage of Joseph you will realise that Joseph is not legal Israeli, Mary Is livet Family in isreal and livet family can not be a king in isreal except Priest ( religion leader) and one of attribute Bible add to Jesus is he will be a king, be a king is impossible prophecy for Jesus in Bible it make Bible fake. Now let go back to the matter In Deuteronomy 18:18 did not mention isreal but a brothern brother are those who share the same blood line it can even lead to extended family if you trace back story you will understand that Arab are brother of isreal and in Bible there is a place where God promise children of Kendra ( second son of Ishmael the father of Arab) a prophet, thou in Bible Jesus claim to be a prophet and we also accept in Islam that Jesus is a prophet, but in Bible Jesus also said a spirit of truth will come after him which mean Jesus is not the last and the seal from God, now let check similarity between them 1. Moses had father Prophet Muhammad also had father, who is the father of Jesus? They have different birth. 2. Mose engaged in a war Prophet Muhammad also engaged in a war, Jesus do not engage in a war. 3. Moses did not claim to be a son of God or part of God, Prophet Muhammad also against God have son, can I ask you a question is Jesus a prophet, son of God, or God himself? I can tell you many similarities between Moses and Prophet Muhammad that Jesus do not have. In Islam all are Prophet and all of them were from one God surely you most see there trace following each other. Weather you like it or not there is traces of Prophet Muhammad in Torah and injeel because Prophet Muhammad is the last and the seal of all prophets.
Was Muhammad a descendant of Israel? No so he didn't even qualify to be the person Moses was talking about in the first place.

Let me show you how the Quran led me to Christ:

It is stated in the Quran that Jesus didn't die, that he was raised to heaven in his body and spirit.

"Allah raised him (Jesus) up (with body and soul) to Himself (in the heavens). Allah is All-Powerful, All-Wise." (An-Nisaa 4:158)

As a Muslim we were made to believe that Moses prophesied about Mohammad in Deuteronomy 18:15 and in verse 20 of the same chapter Moses said any fabricator or false prophet that tried to impersonate the Prophet he talked about shall die.

Deuteronomy 18:20
But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’

Only Mohammed tried to deceive people that he was the Prophet Moses talked about and Mohammed eventually died,

Jesus that also said he was the Prophet Moses talked about did not die according to the Quran, and that confirms his authenticity, that among others led me to Christ.

As for Christians, we believe that Christ died for just 3 days and resurrected again and since death could not hold him down, he resurrected with his body and soul intact and then ascended to heaven and remains alive till forever, whereas Mohammed is dead.

4 Likes

Re: Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by advocatejare(m): 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
AntiChristian:
We ain't here to ratify our Qur'an with your Bible. Whatever is stated in the Qur'an and the Sunnah is sufficient for us.

I will just highlight some major differences between Jesus and Moses which makes it evident that your Deuteronomic verse ain't applicable solely to Jesus. It can be applicable to many people from the decendants of Abraham.
Instead of highlighting the similarities between Moses and Mohammed you're comparing Moses and Jesus. Anyways Mohammed is not a descendant of Israel so Moses' prophecy can never be for Mohammed

Jesus has no earthly father, no lineage unlike Moses.
Abdullah the supposed father of Mohammed had been dead for more than 4 years before Muhammad was born, medical science has shown that no baby can live more than 15 months in the womb, so it's not possible that Abdullah was the father of Mohammed for Mohammed to have been born 4 years after Abdullah had died. Who is the father of Mohammed?

Moses allegedly wrote the pentateauch (five Books). Jesus didn't write any part of the NT.
Muhammad didn't write any book, the Quran was written by Zaid bn Thabit

Jesus was allegedly killed by the people he was sent to by crucifixion. Moses just died normally...
Muhammad died of poison, his aorta was cut and he died on the top of Aisha

Moses did save his people from Pharaoh. Jesus was unable to save his people till he was crucified.
Muhammad didn't save his people from anyone, he rather retained idolatry practice for them, Blackstone kissing, circumambulation round the kaaba

Satan tempted Jesus but not Moses.
Mohammed was possessed by a demon and he wanted to commit suicide, neither Jesus nor Moses wanted to commit suicide

Moses married wives and had children.
Jesus though was circumcised according to Luke but never got married nor had kids.
Moses practiced sexual purity and had only one wife, Muhammad had multiple wives and slept with multiple women

3 Likes

Re: Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 4:41pm On Mar 18, 2020
advocatejare:
Instead of highlighting the similarities between Moses and Mohammed you're comparing Moses and Jesus. Anyways Mohammed is not a descendant of Israel so Moses' prophecy can never be for Mohammed

Abdullah the supposed father of Mohammed had been dead for more than 4 years before Muhammad was born, medical science has shown that no baby can live more than 15 months in the womb, so it's not possible that Abdullah was the father of Mohammed for Mohammed to have been born 4 years after Abdullah had died. Who is the father of Mohammed?

Muhammad didn't write any book, the Quran was written by Zaid bn Thabit

Muhammad died of poison, his aorta was cut and he died on the top of Aisha

Muhammad didn't save his people from anyone, he rather retained idolatry practice for them, Blackstone kissing, circumambulation round the kaaba

Mohammed was possessed by a demon and he wanted to commit suicide, neither Jesus nor Moses wanted to commit suicide

Moses practiced sexual purity and had only one wife, Muhammad had multiple wives and slept with multiple women

Out of 13 you selected some to comment on where are the rest? Nothing concerns me with your views on Muhammad! Na Jesus vs Moses be my own!

How was Moses like Jesus despite all these differences?

1. Jesus has no earthly father, no lineage unlike Moses.
2. Jesus allegedly brought the period of Grace. Moses was a covenant period.
3. Jesus fought no war unlike Moses.
4. Moses allegedly wrote the Pentateuch (five Books). Jesus didn't write any part of the NT.
5. Jesus was allegedly killed by the people he was sent to by crucifixion. Moses just died normally...
6. Moses did save his people from Pharaoh. Jesus was unable to save his people till he was crucified.
7. Satan tempted Jesus but not Moses.
8. Jesus was raised by his mother & foster father. They all fled from the evil king.
Moses on the other hand was raised by his enemy Pharaoh.
9. Moses ruled people with Jehovah's laws.
Jesus didn't rule anyone with any law.
10. Jesus is acclaimed the son of God. Some call him God himself. Moses is not God's son or God. He's not part of the Trinity.
11. Moses married wives and had children.
12. Moses brought an "eye for an eye" law.
Jesus brought "slap me on one cheek and I turn the other cheek" law.
13. Moses's enemy (kingdom of Pharaoh) perished in the sea. Jesus's enemy crucified him.
Re: Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 4:43pm On Mar 18, 2020
advocatejare:

Was Muhammad a descendant of Israel? No so he didn't even qualify to be the person Moses was talking about in the first place.

It is stated in the Quran that Jesus didn't die, that he was raised to heaven in his body and spirit.

"Allah raised him (Jesus) up (with body and soul) to Himself (in the heavens). Allah is All-Powerful, All-Wise." (An-Nisaa 4:158)

As a Muslim we were made to believe that Moses prophesied about Mohammad in Deuteronomy 18:15 and in verse 20 of the same chapter Moses said any fabricator or false prophet that tried to impersonate the Prophet he talked about shall die.

But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’

Only Mohammed tried to deceive people that he was the Prophet Moses talked about and Mohammed eventually died

Jesus that also said he was the Prophet Moses talked about did not die according to the Quran, and that confirms his authenticity, that among others led me to Christ.

As for Christians, we believe that Christ died for just 3 days and resurrected again and since death could not hold him down, he resurrected with his body and soul intact and then ascended to heaven and remains alive till forever, whereas Mohammed is dead.

1. Yeah! Allah raised up Jesus body and soul and he was not crucified nor did he died!

2. We can also argue that Jesus too tried to deceive people that he was the Prophet Moses mentioned! The Prophet Moses allegedly predicted was from humans not the son of God/God with no father and no lineage!

3. Your God died for just 3 days! Our God doesn't die!

4. Muhammad died but Jesus didn't die doesn't mean anything. Allah does whatever He wills. The Jesus in Islam will still come to complete his mission and then die just like Muhammad.

So, the man was a ignorant Muslim before!
Re: Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by Kokoebapluse(m): 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
advocatejare:

Only Mohammed tried to deceive people that he was the Prophet Moses talked about and Mohammed eventually died,

Let me break your head with lie they thought you in church. First you re not a Muslim and quran did not lead you to Christianity stop lying.

Here is your answer, in Deuteronomy 18:18

*It did not mention that the Prophet must be a Israeli and Arabian are brother to isreal and Prophet Muhammad is a Arab man.
* DT 18:18 said God said I shall put my words into his mouth, but in John 1:1 it's claim that Jesus himself is a word and a God at the same time, but in DT 18:18 God will put his word into that prophet mouth not that that person is a God or son of God, remember again in John when Jesus was talking about the spirit of the truth that will come after him Jesus also said that spirit will not say of himself but what he hear from God he shall say unto you. It's clear that Jesus is not that prophet.
* in DT 18:18 did not say that the Prophet will be son of God or God or messiah but a prophet,
*DT 18:18 the Prophet will be like Moses that means that prophet will live and die but Jesus is not die in anyway.
* According to Dt 18:18 if Jesus can be call God or son of God in Christianity does that mean Moses is a God too?
* in DT 18:18 Jesus is not an isreal because he had no father he is like half cast to isreal.
* in DT 18:18 if Moses and Jesus re the same why Moses do not resurated like Jesus according to lie Christianity preaching?
* Jesus and Moses are prophets and both of them prophecy about coming of Prophet Muhammad who is the seal of all prophets. Jesus is not an israeli and he is not a brother to them. But Arab are brother to israeli. Prophet Muhammad had the quality prophecy of DT 18:18.
Re: Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by advocatejare(m): 5:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
AntiChristian:

1. Yeah! Allah raised up Jesus body and soul and he was not crucified nor did he died!

2. We can also argue that Jesus too tried to deceive people that he was the Prophet Moses mentioned! The Prophet Moses allegedly predicted was from humans not the son of God/God with no father and no lineage!

3. Your God died for just 3 days! Our God doesn't die!

4. Muhammad died but Jesus didn't die doesn't mean anything. Allah does whatever He wills. The Jesus in Islam will still come to complete his mission and then die just like Muhammad.

So, the man was a ignorant Muslim before!

Ignorant Muslim that has been setting fire to your ass

1 Like

Re: Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by advocatejare(m): 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

Let me break your head with lie they thought you in church. First you re not a Muslim and quran did not lead you to Christianity stop lying.

Here is your answer, in Deuteronomy 18:18

*It did not mention that the Prophet must be a Israeli and Arabian are brother to isreal and Prophet Muhammad is a Arab man.
* DT 18:18 said God said I shall put my words into his mouth, but in John 1:1 it's claim that Jesus himself is a word and a God at the same time, but in DT 18:18 God will put his word into that prophet mouth not that that person is a God or son of God, remember again in John when Jesus was talking about the spirit of the truth that will come after him Jesus also said that spirit will not say of himself but what he hear from God he shall say unto you. It's clear that Jesus is not that prophet.
* in DT 18:18 did not say that the Prophet will be son of God or God or messiah but a prophet,
*DT 18:18 the Prophet will be like Moses that means that prophet will live and die but Jesus is not die in anyway.
* According to Dt 18:18 if Jesus can be call God or son of God in Christianity does that mean Moses is a God too?
* in DT 18:18 Jesus is not an isreal because he had no father he is like half cast to isreal.
* in DT 18:18 if Moses and Jesus re the same why Moses do not resurated like Jesus according to lie Christianity preaching?
* Jesus and Moses are prophets and both of them prophecy about coming of Prophet Muhammad who is the seal of all prophets. Jesus is not an israeli and he is not a brother to them. But Arab are brother to israeli. Prophet Muhammad had the quality prophecy of DT 18:18.
The Bible is well organized, read from verse 1 of Deuteronomy chapter 18 before you start displaying your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by Kokoebapluse(m): 5:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
advocatejare:

The Bible is well organized, read from verse 1 of Deuteronomy chapter 18 before you start displaying your ignorance

Did you also read my post too that Jesus don't have the quality of that prophecy in DT 18:18?
Re: Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by Kokoebapluse(m): 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2020
advocatejare:

Where is organise in Bible? Does that change the fact that Jesus is half cast to isreal?
Re: Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by advocatejare(m): 6:42pm On Mar 18, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

Where is organise in Bible? Does that change the fact that Jesus is half cast to isreal?
And Mohammed not a descendant Of Israel, not from father or the mother side and not even a Quarysh because Abdullah couldn't have been his father, Abdullah had died 4 years before Muhammad was born.

2 Likes

Re: Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by advocatejare(m): 6:52pm On Mar 18, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

Did you also read my post too that Jesus don't have the quality of that prophecy in DT 18:18?

I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

Jesus confirms that he was speaking what God put in his mouth

John 12:49
For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment—what to say and what to speak.

Jesus is the lion of the tribe of Judah, Judah is one of the children of Israel

Revelation 5:5
"And one of the elders said to me, “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.”

1 Like

Re: Did Moses Prophecy About Muhammad In The Bible? by advocatejare(m): 7:03pm On Mar 18, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

Here is detronomy

Show me where the Bible say that Jesus will be a king in Israel.
When you show me, then I will make some clarifications for you

(1) (Reply)

Muslims, At What Stage Do You / Misconception On Temporary Marriage / Music; Forbidden Or Frowned Upon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.